• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #10[playable] - Surrealism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I just saw this contest last night and I had a really good idea for it. So this morning I was going to try to do it until I saw the map size and realized there was no way to pull it off. So with that I may or may not have something pulled out of the hat. I hate that I always miss the Terrain contests.

Level 14
I just saw this contest last night and I had a really good idea for it. So this morning I was going to try to do it until I saw the map size and realized there was no way to pull it off. So with that I may or may not have something pulled out of the hat. I hate that I always miss the Terrain contests.

Dude i made my map in 4 hours.
You just have to hurry. :wink:

Okay, I've updated the map a little, also, uploaded the screenshots. :p

Attachments

• CT.JPG
    CT.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 84
  • CT1.JPG
    CT1.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 73
  • CT2.JPG
    CT2.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Terraining Contest 10b.w3x
    4.7 MB · Views: 302
Level 6
How much time do I have left?

Edit 1*
Here's my submission after about 9 hours of nonstop work; I'll add screenshots in a second.

About: Explore the Islands of Dreams as you try to solve the puzzle as to how you are supposed to escape... If you can escape

Credits - 2Ultimate Terraining Map
Models - All models belong to their respected owner, I do not claim any of these models as my own.

Edit2* Caught a small problem in one of my triggers; no big deal, but it was bugging me.

Edit3* Added my Final version

islandsofdreams1.jpg

islandsofdreams2.jpg

islandsofdreams4.jpg

Attachments

• Surrealism - Islands of Dreams Final.w3x
    7.8 MB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Here finally :vw_unimpressed:

1 MB and over 250 imported doodads!
100% playable terrain!
Large number of special effect and environment doodads!

Terrain is based on real dream that I dreamed as kid!
It presents some crazy purple (well pink actually but I used purple here)
and some ruined town or whatever!

I was chased by some crazy old person (dunno was it male or female :D) while some crazy explosions constantly destroyed place!
Well I usually woke up when that dude or whatever reached me :D!

I also look at some waterfall there so I added that and something like half destroyed cave here as well :vw_wtf:
EDIT:

* Fixed ground a little!
* Added units to make it alive :D

Attachments

• Terrain Contest -Kobas-.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 303
  • WC3ScrnShot_101510_141700_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_101510_141700_04.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 3,743
  • WC3ScrnShot_101510_141856_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_101510_141856_05.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 3,663
  • WC3ScrnShot_101510_141557_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_101510_141557_03.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 3,666
  • WC3ScrnShot_101510_141447_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_101510_141447_01.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 3,644
Last edited:
Level 19
Lol, let him join. It's not like the results of contests come instantly after deadline, and he actually managed to produce a very good submission the same day he figured out about the contest, which was just a matter of hours after. It does no harm to anyone if he joins.

Level 15
Been busy since my last wip. Finally had time to get on today for a few minutes before leaving again and I'll be off till wednesday. Sorry people, Didn't make it. Oh well, I had fun. Good luck all.

Level 19
It isn't fair, rules are rules. If you do it in one contest, you do it in all, and I have seen many people not be added just for missing by minutes.

He didn't technically violate any of the contest rules. Missing a deadline is not that serious unless it messes with the judging etc, and he put a lot of effort in making up for that mistake.

It's really all about how you interact with others. We are a forum. We should be including those who put effort into contributing to warcraft III. Everybody makes mistakes lol. Do we want a forum where little mistakes are not tolerated, or a forum where rules can be slightly bent in order to include those who messed up? I'd pick the last one. Rules are guidelines, but you should use your brain and interpret them your own way before aplying them.

By ThA Way :

I'll be waiting for the poll before judging. If no poll -> SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THE SUBMISSIONS TOGETHER TO SPARE JUGDES THE WORK? :)

Level 35
It isn't fair, rules are rules. If you do it in one contest, you do it in all, and I have seen many people not be added just for missing by minutes.

You say you've seen many people not being added, I'll say I am absolutely positive that I have seen people BE added after the deadline, either that or extended the deadline, which pretty much is the same thing. (In terms of allowance)

I say we should be a little flexible and nice here. Though, I'll wait and see what the other contestants think about the idea of letting him join before I make any decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.