• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #10[playable] - Surrealism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll show mine now. Ofc, this is not all. Just to lazy to take those screen shots and then crop them. :p

the second and third picture look really just you threw things at the terrain, there should be a semblance of shown planning really.

olorin, dreams are a really bad basis for surrealism. often the strangest things about dreams are the actions and the behaviour of people, sometimes objects around places. i would use a basis as something that you'd think of as a dream rather.

very early W.I.P.
W.I.P.1.jpg

took a long time.

i have a lot of work left to do..

Level 7
there should be a cinema in your map where the little people attack the big guy and tie him down

I gona make a playable cinematic(With that i mean that there is a cinematic's at certain points, what tell you about the rooms) in the map just for fun. But i think(but i may,cause i had somekind of close idea too) i wont make those tiny people so aggresive.

olorin, dreams are a really bad basis for surrealism. often the strangest things about dreams are the actions and the behaviour of people, sometimes objects around places. i would use a basis as something that you'd think of as a dream rather.

I guess i didnt made my self very clear before.

The map has its small story, where a main Character( name comes later) sees a dream where hes in the "Museum of Dreams" and sees a weard stuff in the 4 rooms.
With earlier i ment that i wont make so extreme surrealism.

Level 15
School and shit on my schedule, but I might be able to get something done... Otherwise, sign me up for judge, but wait for further notice D:

I was hoping that you'd join. The more competition the better. Good luck with second place, Mega. :p

Level 8
Since it's already September and i don't showed any WIP, here's the first.

I don't had time to work on the terrain, so this is an really early WIP screenie. I just want to prove that the work is mine and show the basic shape of the terrain. The sub-theme is a masquerade. I did all you see on the screenie today, so there's nothing surreal for now, but the sub-theme open me a lot of possibilities of surreal stuff and i have much ideas.

All the custom resources but the pictures (UTM) were made by me. So, i had a lot of work to do and minimal time. Like i said i'm only showing the shape of the terrain, i'm aware i have a lot of stuff to edit like the shading of the archs, ground texture so there's no way to see the "squares" and etc.

Hope you like it =)

FirstWip.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
The problem is, the resources you made aren't opem scourge, so, you broke the rules, right? No offense, I also wondered about that, if we are able to do that.

# Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public.
# Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.

Yeah i tought about that too. Well, since the resources were made by me, if the Judges says i need to, i will gladly upload them at the pastebin :)

Level 4
i think you have to because of fairness. no participant might use resources which are not open to everybody.

I find some time and created this in hour or 2!
Still as you can see doodads need to be raised from the ground!
Tiles should be edited even more!
I need to add more doodads and stuff! (I know)
Still no lightning effect!
And so on!

I just want to hear some suggestions! (but please not about stuff above, for example: hey you didn't placed rocks -.-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P.S. I used triggers to rise camera to create some screenshots ingame :p
I will keep better ones from WE for latter! :razz:

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090610_001330_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090610_001330_01.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 413
  • WC3ScrnShot_090610_001414_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090610_001414_03.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 423
  • WC3ScrnShot_090610_001434_05.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090610_001434_05.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 419
  • WC3ScrnShot_090610_001506_06.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090610_001506_06.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 388
interesting effect with the galaxies
i would put some kind of border between the pits and the empty part, standing up right in front of the black stuff is a bit extreme. also the orb textures are somewhat stretched, maybe use smaller sizes or a different model

i might even manage to finish my map if my computer doesn't convulse and die constantly

Level 36
I find some time and created this in hour or 2!
Still as you can see doodads need to be raised from the ground!
Tiles should be edited even more!
I need to add more doodads and stuff! (I know)
Still no lightning effect!
And so on!

I just want to hear some suggestions! (but please not about stuff above, for example: hey you didn't placed rocks -.-)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P.S. I used triggers to rise camera to create some screenshots ingame :p
I will keep better ones from WE for latter! :razz:

Lovely, for a WIP.

Level 6
I believe it's not possible for me to stay in the contest.
I've lost my inspiration so badly..

IF you'd know where to get inspiration, please tell me.

Have you played Dragon Age?
Because the Fade in that game would be great, surreal (do people agree?), and easily playable.
May be good pics of it if googled if you haven't played it.

No-one has gone for a very visceral environment like that.

Level 7
"Room 3" of the map "Museum of Dreams" is kinda ready to show it to the public.
The "Room 3" name is "Gateway to Hell"

room3wip1.png

room3wip2.png

room3wip3.png

I wont show the last room 4 until the map is ready. So "Room 4" gona be suprise.

Level 13
No you just don't understand what I did if it requires me to say then I will but at the moment I will let you guess.

Level 36
it looks like he used a custom background, which is illegal if it isn't public to this site.

He used the platform doodad without texture (easily done within the editor, with no imports required) and then he simply tinted it the color he wanted and flipped it sideways. No biggie.

In any case, if you use a custom model and provide a download link to it, its good to go.

Level 31
it looks like he used a custom background, which is illegal if it isn't public to this site.

he used the platform doodad without texture (easily done within the editor, with no imports required) and then he simply tinted it the color he wanted and flipped it sideways. No biggie.

In any case, if you use a custom model and provide a download link to it, its good to go.

pawned :D
Very creative l2love!
Keep on working everybody. This contest turns out very well!

Level 5
here are some wips for my terrain/map probably all you'll get for a while tho cos im lazy :p i hope you enjoy + have comments
162096-albums3804-picture35366.jpg

162096-albums3804-picture35365.jpg

note: of course this isn't an in game angle + is currently 100% playable

Damn I got new idea ^^

WC3ScrnShot_091210_203244_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_091210_203254_02.jpg

As you can see whole terrain will be re created ^^
There will be no tile only doodads :D
Ground will be placed on sky, below, above and so on...

Map is 100% playable
So far there is around 300 imported doodads (map size below 2 MB)

Working on importing special effects and few other doodads that will add that surrealism effect to terrain!

So what you think?

Level 8
Serioulsy, -Kobas- terrain looks imba. Guess i will have to overdo my best lol

Other early WIP. Also, every imported resource i will use in the contest is under path "Contest\". Allso, all resources under "Contest\SoulBurn\" is my creation. You are free to use it but do not redistribute it to other sites and credit me if you use it .

Custom Resources imported replacing mqp files will be listed later.

Attachments

• Surrealism - The Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0.w3x
    4.5 MB · Views: 111
my computers psu is dead and i might not be replacing it so basically i might have to drop out of the contest, unfortunately. i'll see about it though, this is one of the contests i wouldn't want to miss

kobas, it doesn't look like you've done a terrible lot but place doodads which look good - i guess the effect is nice, and i'm probably one of the fewer people who don't appreciate it that much

Level 13
Thought I would get some thoughts on my new wip note I removed the sky for the moment because it's hard to terrain with it will be added back in final version.

wc3scrnshot091910215457.png

Status
Not open for further replies.