• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #10[playable] - Surrealism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be waiting for the poll before judging. If no poll -> SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THE SUBMISSIONS TOGETHER TO SPARE JUGDES THE WORK? :)
Ahahaha ok ok working on it, will you pick whole poll code or just entries I don't care :D

Terrain Contest #10

We now have 10 maps!
I added Raven0 into list ♥

Link to Submissions (with code now)
Please tell me if I again missed someone so I can fix that ^^

Thanks

They're just afraid because his entry is so good :D
Can be true ♥

Level 7
Now to wait for the judges to judge the contest or are we having a poll first?
Or is it better not to have a poll at all. People won't test the map IMO, they will look at the screenshots and then vote and that's not the point of the terrain. I say no poll.

I think that we should not add screenshots to the poll vote, because then people have to check map.
Second, judges have already seen those screenshots and made sure, that those are made by the right people.

Do you agree/disagree?

He didn't technically violate any of the contest rules. Missing a deadline is not that serious unless it messes with the judging etc, and he put a lot of effort in making up for that mistake.

It's really all about how you interact with others. We are a forum. We should be including those who put effort into contributing to warcraft III. Everybody makes mistakes lol. Do we want a forum where little mistakes are not tolerated, or a forum where rules can be slightly bent in order to include those who messed up? I'd pick the last one. Rules are guidelines, but you should use your brain and interpret them your own way before aplying them.

By ThA Way :

I'll be waiting for the poll before judging. If no poll -> SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THE SUBMISSIONS TOGETHER TO SPARE JUGDES THE WORK? :)

Rules are rules, and are meant to be followed, if you do it in one contest, you do it in all, to make it fair.

You say you've seen many people not being added, I'll say I am absolutely positive that I have seen people BE added after the deadline, either that or extended the deadline, which pretty much is the same thing. (In terms of allowance)

I say we should be a little flexible and nice here. Though, I'll wait and see what the other contestants think about the idea of letting him join before I make any decisions.

I don't think that he should be added, he missed the deadline.The bottom line is, rules are rules, and are meant to be followed. If you do not follow them, what makes you think people in the upcoming contests won't say, "I IZ A DAYZ OFF, MY ENTRY COUNTZ0RZ"?

I think that we should not add screenshots to the poll vote, because then people have to check map.
Second, judges have already seen those screenshots and made sure, that those are made by the right people.

Do you agree/disagree?
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
  • A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
  • The completed map in the appropriate format.

Level 36
Ahahaha ok ok working on it, will you pick whole poll code or just entries I don't care :D

Terrain Contest #10

We now have 10 maps!
I added Raven0 into list ♥

Link to Submissions (with code now)
Please tell me if I again missed someone so I can fix that ^^

Thanks

Can be true ♥

I would much prefer if you didn't do my job for me, nevertheless... Thanks for practically "making" the poll.
Damn, the life of a Terrain Moderator is easy with such... Dedicated terrainers.

Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
  • A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action.
  • The completed map in the appropriate format.

I don't see the point in following the "A few in game screenshots showing your submission in action." rule if we can bend the rule for the deadline.

It isn't fair, rules are rules. If you do it in one contest, you do it in all, and I have seen many people not be added just for missing by minutes.

You have? I've seen many people added out of sympathy just because they missed it by a few minutes. I don't think we've had any recent contests where people were disqualified just because they missed the deadline by a bit.

You have? I've seen many people added out of sympathy just because they missed it by a few minutes. I don't think we've had any recent contests where people were disqualified just because they missed the deadline by a bit.

The weekend mapping contest, people missed by minutes, and they were not added.

Level 36
Look. Midnighters. We're terrainers, not map makers. And this is a different contest for different people. If we want to accept one person for being a little too late then that is our buisness, especially since all the participants (so far) have agreed to let him join. You're really the only one voicing up against it, and you're not even a part of the contest.

Raven0 will be allowed to join, wether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.