• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Cinematic Contest #4 - The Story of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Meh, dont worry about it. I'll just use Cloud doodads and stuff like that.

Anyways, new WIP.

WIP 3.jpg

Level 24
I think I know how you can fix the disappearing models problem. If you open up the model in Magos Model Editor (link) and then go to edit, and then go to Calculate Extents, I think that fixes the problem. Then you just have to save it and import it back into your map.

Level 15
Thanks. I hope that the triggers turn out good though. Im a nooby in those, lol.

Well this will be my last WIP SS for awhile. I have enough terrain to start triggering the first 3 scenes. So i am going to start on that.

WIP 4.jpg

Level 15
Yup. Why not, lol. Naga can survive on land. I just wanted to bring something new, instead of always having them underwater.

Level 13
I might compete in this, it's been a good old time since I actually released something.

Since cinematics is what I did most in my old days, this might give me the actual boost to release something.
For my old and rusty work you can have a look at:
Orcisch Castery - http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=7837
Divinity - http://war3.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=10468

My entry has the title "Darkness Within".
I might post some more details when I altered this the old storyline a bit for this contests.

Level 19
This is going to be the most challenging project on Hive, but best one too, I'd love to see your good imaginations...

Level 12
I have question

The whole cin must be spoken by narrator? (like retrospective) Or the very end (1-2 min) can be made as normal story (i.e. in the end narrator says: "...And then I came here" and then scene of narrator and second guy when they have normal dialogue without narrating)

Level 14
You can have both an intro and an ending a real time story, while the majority would be the actual story. Also, as I understand, the whole story doesn't have to be spoken by a narrator(am I wrong?), but for example you can use the narrator at the start and end of the story, as well as a comment or two from him between every other scene or so. Can someone please confirm this?

Level 13
Here is a minor spoiler from my own entry.

The storyline is done, and can be read down here.
This is the actual story that will be told in the cinematic, so keep that in mind.

Let me all tell you about, the Darkness Within.

A dark and robust windy day
A day in which Foretellers, foretold Dorhalhs downfall.

"Dorhalh situated between The desert of Aturo and the The woods of Torhala" had been outcasted from the rest of the human world cause of their abnormality in strength and spell usage.
Nonetheless They had been breathing prosper for over decades now.

Though nature neither man looked disturbed, something was coming.
From the deepest of fears it had been creating its form.
From men and woman who had horrifying dreams or thoughts, it formed itself to a visual creature.
Hidden by a natural skin, it symbolized Fear and Death.

Unnoticed, it began its war path by oozing out Fear and death.
This fear and death was beyond ones imagination, thereby it killed and left none more than dispear.
The Callousness killing dispersed marks of blood on the keepers, The wise and the Chief.

Noticed by the warriors of the Dorhalh, it began unleashing tads of its power.
Without a scratch, it continued, leaving the warriors nothing more than the time that gravity spent on their bodies.

As the night struck into it's darkest hour, people were saved by the seal of teleport that was casted by those who had been training the art of magic.
Those brave magicians nobly tried to stop Fear and Death, but their efforts were in vain.

Until...

The Silence broke the event.....and footsteps made sound.

Footsteps of one without fear.

Surprised, Fear and Death stood...while the fearless walked.

The only time left was the turn that the fearless made, and the four words that fear and death spoke: Thou shalt be killed.

After these events, words got inferior to explanation, and only one proclaimed winner.

Level 14
I don't want to be a hard ass, but I mean common.

But that can be interpreted in two ways. Either one guy speaks the whole story, putting everything in words were no speech is made(can't remember what it's called in English but basically instead of Jack: "I like Lilly" you would write Jack said that he likes Lilly). The other option would be for the narrator to introduce the story and then blend in, pushing the "present" to the events in the story. Hope you get what I mean.

Anyway, I believe that Linaze already said that both options are fine. He even gave the youtube link for that cartoon where the narrator jumps in every other scene to add a comment to the story, while the rest remains to the actors of that story.

Level 13
Well as long as rules are not written down, it means that it's eligible to do or use it, unless specified differently, and it is not written anywhere that you are not allowed to use custom resources, so I'd say go for it, I am using allot of customs from voices/music/SFX to models/skins and and images.

As for the theme, the only real clue here is to make a cinematic where one person tells another person a story, whether you use the narrators perspective when he talks or the actual sequence, it's all free of choice.

The only thing that should be obvious is that someone is telling someone else a story.

Level 12
So now I solved the story!

first part will be intro in retrospective, and the main plot will be in medias res when narrator will be connected with main char. and tells him what to do. And the end of course will be normal story.

Level 13
Same rules apply here as with the previous Cinematic Contest. Resources made by yourself and yourself only are allowed. Teamwork with making the resource is not.

The first contest stated this however.

All imported materials must be credited

And the site rules and neither submission rules seem to have a problem with imported material from other people as long as it is credited.

Level 35
I'm not participating in this contest anymore due to unexpected plans and events. I'll be gone for a week and I have school soon. If I have time, I might try to work on this and try to submit my entry.

Another one bits the dust :grin:

Anyway I do hope that you get time to participate, as more contesters really increases the fun.

Level 10
It's unlikely that i will be able to submit an entry this contest, but i'd like to know one thing in case i manage to make something:

Is it allowed to for example have 5 persons who one at a time talk about the worst occurences in their life, like:

First Person 1 talks about how his dog died.
Then Person 2 talks about how his cat died.
Then Person 3 talks about how he ended up on a train in his underwear.
etc.

In other words, is it allowed to change narrator during the cinematic? (dynamic narrator)

Level 15
Well I can almost guarentee my submission. There better be more subbmisions. I would hate to win by default, lol.

I just finished triggering the first scene and am 50% done the second (about 5 scenes).

Status
Not open for further replies.