1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Keiji, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avator

Avator

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, that's allowed.

2. Pharaoh_

Pharaoh_

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So that you actually have a screenshot of the destruction's force into a series? Hm, make a movie :p
    Kidding, I don't think that 3 terrains is fair enough versus 2 terrains (just a single before & after), because you add more drifts to your submission and you spice it up much enough, to stop calling it even from that point.

3. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    What if you did two terrains, but took multiple shots from different angles?

4. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    So now we have two different opinions here :D:D
    Now Keji has to say something, I assume!

That's not allowed because of the rule of only one submission!
    (look above)

5. Hero_Lief

Hero_Lief

Resources:
    Resources:
    Didn't avator say it's allowed? Someone else said it wasn't.

We'll need Keiji's final say on this, though.

6. Wanarax

Wanarax

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm... nice contest but i am not good at it :D need some pratice. Gl all :)

7. Avator

Avator

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    M0rbid, it IS 1 submission. Just multiple screenshots.

To clarify this: This is a terrain contest, not a screenshot of a terrain contest. That means that 1 submission is 1 terrain about the contest's theme. Any amount of screenshots may be made. Take a look at the previous terraining contests and you'll see they took multiple screenshots as well.

Since this theme is sort of a split theme (1 before, 1 after), you may take as many screenshots as you want as long as there's at least 1 before and 1 after the cataclysm.

@Wanarax:
    Contest are actually a very good way to improve your skills at something. You'll be trying to push your limits and at the end, you'll see how others did something and why. So if you want to improve, a contest is never a bad idea if you're devoted.

8. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have thought about this, I am entering, Azurot talked me into it.

9. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ah, okay, I didn't know this, but then only screenshots from "two" maps, one before and one after?
    Or would be allowed one before, one after, and one after after?!

10. Avator

Avator

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's multiple screenshots in only one map. Both before and after must be made in 1 map. I don't quite fully understand what you mean with "after after" though.

11. M0rbid

M0rbid

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I mean showing more than two levels of cataclysm, for example: forest - desert - ocean...

EDIT: btw, it's time for a first very early WiP.
    It's very early and I just started working, so please don't be too harsh! :) comments are appreciated!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  12. Aspard

Aspard

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I dunno but looks like you've forgotten somehting important, but I can't definetily say - what...

Btw. The contest has already started, but there is not any judjung criterias... Maybe you should add some at last?

13. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    i might just join this contest! :)

14. Racziel

Racziel

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cataclysm terrain? sounds cool, i'll give it a try.
    I only have one question: How hard should the Cataclysm change the landscape? is it still ok if u just could imagine, that both screenshot belong together cause u just have one point (eg. a mountain in the background which is nearly not to see) that is similiar in both screenshots?

15. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Now then Avator, I would like it if you dont go about and give out wrong information >.>

The rules clearly state that one is to submit two screenshots, to submit more than two is a matter that needs to be discussed.

And now I am REALLY getting tired of these questions; there is no limit to how much or how little it should be changed, as long as there is a significant change, a noticable one, in other words.

16. Azurot

Azurot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I shall join, with a WIP of what i have done.

Attached Files:

17. Avator

Avator

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    AzurotL: The riverflow looks unnatural. It's way too blocky. I assume you're going to fill those empty spaces, so I'll just leave it with the river comment.

18. Azurot

Azurot

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wasn't really going for the "natural" look in the canals, i was hoping to make them look more man-made then natural.

19. Furby

Furby

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, that is really a lot of time.. almost two months.. and how am I supposed to ask if model I choose is approved to be implemented? Can I here? Or PM?

20. Azurot

Azurot

Resources:
    Resources:
    If it is in the UTM or on this site or Wc3c. So no need to get a model approved if its not from these sources, because you won't be allowed to use it.

"Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. Or any other models taken from either Hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns register."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.