• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Approved by host is the generic.
Then the UTM thing is specific. Along with the database.

AKA if it's approved in the resources databases of either Wc3c or THW, or if it's in the UTM, then it's fine. If it isn't, PM Keiji and GET PERMISSION.

Level 4
peacefull land of ***** before and after the war between heaven and hell... ...obviously hell won the battle.

Attachments

• Doom.JPG
    Doom.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
im in for the fun of it...

not bad for using blizz cliffs... but I would restart using the UTM and jass newgen, so you can create your own cliffs. and when you take a screen shot, press V that will show the in game fog and stuff :) But you have potential! Just Use blizzard stuff as little as possible and it will turn out great :D and make sure the terrain isnt flat either.

Level 9
I love that temple! Really nice, but you should change the tileset that goes into the water to Sand (from Sunken Ruins tileset), instead of this rock-pattern. The fog is also seperating the mountain from the sky too much, resulting an abrupt and clumsy effect. You should use some color tone that is similar to the sky's.

Ah, you're right i didn't even saw that.
Personaly i don't like the river so i think i'll have to add sth to it and change it in some way (but with sand it realy looks better).

@Piwlady OMG i lost.. still gona try though lol
@Racziel WTF my chance are gone...lol

Well i just started to learn how to terrian..

Don't be so hard :p
If you don't try something because there's someone pretty good you'll may never do anything^^

Level 12
mattstheman, that was just some friendly sarcasm. =p

It's really quite nice, I love the random logs and the bench by the wharf.
You should be sure to fill in the empty grass on the right, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.