- Feb 5, 2009
Contestants are to create a Techtree themed around Swarm. Interpretations are encouraged to get creative and think outside the box.
- Entries that play well in the melee format will score higher than entries that do not.
- Entries that touch upon real world religions or faiths are to be respectful towards such religions, without inhibiting creative flow. Keep it civil.
- Your faction has no prerequisites for how many structures, heroes or units it must contain at a minimum or maximum.
- Submissions must specify whether they are intended for HD or SD.
- Submissions must follow the Map Submission Rules.
- Submissions may not begin development before the contest start date.
- You must download the provided template map, make the edits, and resubmit it as entry.
- Post at least 2 media (images or videos) of your workflow Works in Progress before the deadline.
- The map must be playable in battle net. (current max map size is 256MB, for example)
- Using imports is allowed as long as it follows Resource Submission Rules (Models, skins, icons, spells).
- The submission must be unprotected so that it's openable via the normal WorldEditor.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Testing and feedback aren't considered teamwork, and are allowed.
- Upload your final entry to the Map Resource Section, and indicate that it's an Entry for the 17th Techtree Contest. Link to your bundle in the contest thread.
Helpful Links: Custom Race System, Design Guide for Fifth Race by MCV, How to create Full-working custom race, Guide to make a Race. (Provided by VeljkoM)
- 1st place: 75 reputation points
- 2nd place: 50 reputation points
- 3rd place: 25 reputation points
- Entry: 15 reputation points
- Judge: 15 reputation points
The three winners will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.
|How well the various elements of the Faction (including aesthetics, gameplay & design) fit together in a thematic manner such that they feel like they are representative of the given Faction, as well as that of the chosen Contest Theme. Well-fitting & polished aesthetics which complement a cohesive theme will be graded well; poorly-considered or lacking thematic elements will result in a poor score.||/25|
|How well the various elements of the Faction work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the Faction has, as well as how efficiently each element performs its particular function. Strategic systems that endow an identity to the Faction, comprehensive & well-though-out roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating roles will lose points.||/30|
|How original the design of the Faction is in terms of innovative ideas, clever implementations, or creative concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; extensive re-use of existing elements in vanilla factions & poor originality will result in a poor score.||/45|
- Judgement: 70%
- Poll: 30%
The contest shall begin on 7th of February 2021 and conclude on 21st of April 2021 GMT (day is included).
Assigned Staff: Heinvers
Previous Contest | Poll | Results
Last edited by a moderator: