• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #16 - Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
hive-logo-m-png.335473

ct_techtree-png.311501
contest-png.311487
p_hash-png.311483
1-png.311474
6-png.311479

tc16-banner-4-png.366365

Contestants are to create a Techtree themed around Faith. Interpretations are encouraged to get creative and think outside the box.

• Entries that play well in the melee format will score higher than entries that do not.
  • Entries that touch upon real world religions or faiths are to be respectful towards such religions, without inhibiting creative flow. Keep it civil.
  • Your faction has no prerequisites for how many structures, heroes or units it must contain at a minimum or maximum.
  • Submissions must specify whether they are intended for HD or SD.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Submissions must follow the Map Submission Rules.
  • Submissions may not begin development before the contest start date.
  • You must download the provided template map, make the edits, and resubmit it as entry.
  • Post at least 2 media (images or videos) of your workflow Works in Progress before the deadline.
  • The map must be playable in battle net. (current max map size is 256MB, for example)
  • Using imports is allowed as long as it follows Resource Submission Rules (Models, skins, icons, spells).
  • The submission must be unprotected so that it's openable via the normal WorldEditor.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Testing and feedback aren't considered teamwork, and are allowed.
techtree-16-section-png.366366
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule, you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.

Helpful Links: Custom Race System, Design Guide for Fifth Race by MCV, How to create Full-working custom race, Guide to make a Race. (Provided by VeljkoM)

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 75 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 50 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 25 reputation points
  • Entry: 15 reputation points
  • Judge: 15 reputation points per entry
The three winners will receive an award icon, representing the winning entry.

other_judges-png.311510

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Theme
How well the various elements of the Faction (including aesthetics, gameplay & design) fit together in a thematic manner such that they feel like they are representative of the given Faction, as well as that of the chosen Contest Theme. Well-fitting & polished aesthetics which complement a cohesive theme will be graded well; poorly-considered or lacking thematic elements will result in a poor score./25

Gameplay
How well the various elements of the Faction work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the Faction has, as well as how efficiently each element performs its particular function. Strategic systems that endow an identity to the Faction, comprehensive & well-though-out roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating roles will lose points./30

Creativity
How original the design of the Faction is in terms of innovative ideas, clever implementations, or creative concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; extensive re-use of existing elements in vanilla factions & poor originality will result in a poor score./45

/100

• Judgement: 70%
  • Poll: 30%
FinalScore = (30*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (70*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The contest shall begin on 18th of October 2020 and conclude on 28th of December 2020 GMT (day is included).

Assigned Staff: @Mythic

Previous Contest | Poll | Results

Attachments

• (2)NorthernIsles.w3x
    144.3 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 27
I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll have some free time soon.

Glad this theme was chosen. I already have my basic idea of what to do, but I'll wait for the tournament to be approved.

Edited by @Mythic

other_entries-png.311509

ContestantProgressEntry
@Riki1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7Dancing Skull Tribe
@MyPad1 | 2 | 3Acolytes of Nirvana
@Xelos1 | 2 | 3 | 4Leoric's Almighty Cult of Corruption
@Footman16 1 | 2 | 3The Runic Clans
@WolfFarkas1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7Dragon Disciples
@SgtWinter1 | 2 | 3Earthen Ring
@bruunk 1 | 2Wolves of Winter
@Spellbound1 | 2Cult of the Maw
@xISLx 1 | 2 | 3Shadow Covenant
Name1 | 2Name
Name1 | 2Name

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't even read about the theme yet, might join. It's just so much code required if you want to win most of the time.

Your fault for setting a high standard @Spellbound
LOL, although I didn't win #13 and both first and second place had (I assume) less code than my entry! You can definitely win without having to code an entire faction into existence.

Level 35
LOL, although I didn't win #13 and both first and second place had (I assume) less code than my entry! You can definitely win without having to code an entire faction into existence.

Why yes, I did have less code than your entry :^)

This is definitely a trap I've seen a lot of contestants fall into - they see Spellbound winning with entries that have a great deal of code attributed to them, but do remember he's not winning because of how much code he's doing. When he wins, he wins because he presents a compelling entry with a great deal of thought put towards the techtree design itself while capitalizing on his own strengths and, of course, his passion for coding.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
So question..

Let's say I wanted to make a Night Elf race, which I could motivate by "Night Elves worship Elune"

But I mean, by that logic almost all races are valid options because just about all of them have some sort of religion.

Humans worship the light
Orcs deal with spirits/elements
Undead kinda worship sargeras (pre TfT anyway)

So question..

Let's say I wanted to make a Night Elf race, which I could motivate by "Night Elves worship Elune"

But I mean, by that logic almost all races are valid options because just about all of them have some sort of religion.

Humans worship the light
Orcs deal with spirits/elements
Undead kinda worship sargeras (pre TfT anyway)

Yes but i believe the point is to integrate that faith in a meaningful way into the gameplay of the race, in the case of Night Elves perhaps the more faith points you acrue you can transform your units into enhanced Night Warriors as an example.

The Runic Clans
I have my first WiP, I've spent my first 2 days sorting out all the Aesthetics/Custom resources for the race. The current working title is "The Runic Clans" and for this race I have decided to make a blend of Irish, Scottish, Celtic and a small amount of Norse mythology using the beautiful skins of Daenar7.

As for how this fits into the theme of Faith, there will be different Aspects of this Pagan faith you can go down depending on your choice of Hero and your choice of Combination of Hero will affect what units you have available to you. I am also dithering over whether the 5th hero (Tauren Chieftain or Kelpie) will be a special unlock at Tier 3 after you acrue enough fervour based on how many units you kill or get killed.

As a side note I thought choosing Classic Graphics I'd be spared all the extra resource work I needed for my Reforged work. Alas almost none of Daenar7's skins have icons so I had to make one for almost every unit, as well as make every skin have its own model so as to not conflict with the original 4 races. I can't escape this tedious work it seems no matter what graphics I choose :D

Wip1.png

Level 29

An early WIP on the worker unit, and the main hall structure:

View attachment 366453

The worker unit selected is called the monk. By default, all units in this faction will not attack enemies.
The structure behind the monks is called the Monastery. It acts as the main town hall.

very nice theme synergy between worker and building.

First WIP from me.

The almost absolute lack of Blood Trolls models and skins forced me to improvise some re-skins. More info about the units in next WIPs.

there are many very nice trolls heroes, like the mounted raptor, trolls have a lot of potential
The Runic Clans
I have my first WiP, I've spent my first 2 days sorting out all the Aesthetics/Custom resources for the race. The current working title is "The Runic Clans" and for this race I have decided to make a blend of Irish, Scottish, Celtic and a small amount of Norse mythology using the beautiful skins of Daenar7.

As for how this fits into the theme of Faith, there will be different Aspects of this Pagan faith you can go down depending on your choice of Hero and your choice of Combination of Hero will affect what units you have available to you. I am also dithering over whether the 5th hero (Tauren Chieftain or Kelpie) will be a special unlock at Tier 3 after you acrue enough fervour based on how many units you kill or get killed.

As a side note I thought choosing Classic Graphics I'd be spared all the extra resource work I needed for my Reforged work. Alas almost none of Daenar7's skins have icons so I had to make one for almost every unit, as well as make every skin have its own model so as to not conflict with the original 4 races. I can't escape this tedious work it seems no matter what graphics I choose :D

5 heroes thats a lot!!

this is not my strong area, but I have "faith" this time to be able to do this.

this idea was very inspiring

Faction name: Dragon Disciples:

upload_2020-10-22_0-38-8.png

note: blue units are put as reference of size, not part of the faction
upload_2020-10-22_1-13-50.png

upload_2020-10-22_1-5-24.png

I am doing an excel progress check wich helps me a lot

Dragon Disciples are a powerfull cult with dragon blood somewhere in their lineage. Their draconic heritage is evident in their magical talents, allowing them to cast powerful spells and exhibit dragon-like abilities.
They worship the Dragons as superior beings, a human, an elf offers his life to serve the brood and with time will start to receive dragon blessings, after decades their bodies can transform. Servants of the red dragons craft powerfull cannons as siege weapons.

Brood Servant: worker
Axeman: T1 melee
Red spitfire: T1 ranged
Falconet: T1 siege
Dragonshard Seer: T2 caster
Blue Wizard: T2 caster
Fire conjurer: T2 caster
Blue Drake: T2 melee
Mounted Ranger: T2 ranged
Mortar: T2 siege
Sky Whelp: T2 air
Dragontine: T2 air
Bronze Bombard: T3 siege
Dragonhawk champion: t3 melee
Wyrm queen: t3 air

Dragon Knight: strong hero
Alexstraza disciple: inteligence hero
red dragon: agility hero
Sapphiron mage: strong and inteligence hero

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Heck yeah, Excel is the way to go @WolfFarkas .

@Footman16 I'm super jazzed to see someone using Daenar7's Runic set but PLEASE consider day-time lightni

Yes but i believe the point is to integrate that faith in a meaningful way into the gameplay of the race, in the case of Night Elves perhaps the more faith points you acrue you can transform your units into enhanced Night Warriors as an example.
Well ackshually...

Contest Description said:
Contestants are to create a Techtree themed around Faith. Interpretations are encouraged to get creative and think outside the box.

Basically it's pretty open as to how the contestants incorporate "Faith" into their faction. And in fact, I would argue there are really only two primary ways of doing so:
- Top-Down (thematically, e.g. a Paladin/cleric/priest faction)
- Bottom-Up (mechanically, e.g. a "God favor" mechanic or a reliance on a "spirituality" resource or somesuch).

Either/Both is appropriate for the Contest Theme, naturally.

Whew .. 3D Modelling is a lot more time-consuming than I expected.
Here's a sample of an elf monk warrior. (Credits to Ket for the Monk model)

upload_2020-10-23_15-17-54.png

This is the model for the Pious Zealot unit. It's still under development (still need to add camera and talk animations).
Gotta fix the decay bone animation for the head, but that's about it.

@Footman16 I'm super jazzed to see someone using Daenar7's Runic set but PLEASE consider day-time lightni

Well ackshually...

Basically it's pretty open as to how the contestants incorporate "Faith" into their faction. And in fact, I would argue there are really only two primary ways of doing so:
- Top-Down (thematically, e.g. a Paladin/cleric/priest faction)
- Bottom-Up (mechanically, e.g. a "God favor" mechanic or a reliance on a "spirituality" resource or somesuch).

Either/Both is appropriate for the Contest Theme, naturally.

Lol yeah, was just rushing to get the first WiP done future pictures will be at daytime :)

Yeah I get what you mean, however I don't think a top down faith race will do particularly well based on how these things are judged, although i may be wrong.

Also it was more in answer to why you cant just make a night elf, orc or Undead race since they all have their own religions and spiritualities. I was trying to point out how the theme allows for such flexibilities in that you can choose for example a night elf themed race however you will need to highlight and integrate their Elune faith into the faction. But you're completely right that the faction could just be overtly faith themed whilst being more traditional in mechanics :)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Also it was more in answer to why you cant just make a night elf, orc or Undead race since they all have their own religions and spiritualities. I was trying to point out how the theme allows for such flexibilities in that you can choose for example a night elf themed race however you will need to highlight and integrate their Elune faith into the faction. But you're completely right that the faction could just be overtly faith themed whilst being more traditional in mechanics :)
Well, I think the Contest has to accept both kinds of "focus on Faith" (Thematic & Mechanical), since that's what's described.

What stops entrants from re-creating the Night Elf or Orc faction (aside from decorum ;P) is the Creativity score, which would necessarily be a 0 & would tank their score. Also "Theme", since it relates to "Contest Theme" & the level to which the existing factions are "Faith-centric" is really more tangential:

It shouldn't just be a tenuous, adjacent connection to "Faith" (whether Thematically or Mechanically); it should be the primary design element. So you could totally make a "Druid's Council" Night Elf faction, or a "Shamanic Circle" Orc faction. Maybe even reuse the Far Seer, Shaman, & Spirit Walker (at your own peril, though; I should think that would weigh heavily on Creativity since it not only exists but overlaps the standard game, which is a no-no). But the rest of the faction would have to be pretty strongly guided by the Thematic principles for it to be OK, and it would still be unwise, IMO, to reuse stuff rather than coming up with your own.

Well, I think the Contest has to accept both kinds of "focus on Faith" (Thematic & Mechanical), since that's what's described.

I agree but one that is simply Thematic will score very poorly, that's just how the judging in these things goes as I discussed in the previous contests Results page. This isn't a criticism; merely a recognition of what these Judges are generally looking for.

What stops entrants from re-creating the Night Elf or Orc faction (aside from decorum ;P) is the Creativity score, which would necessarily be a 0 & would tank their score. Also "Theme", since it relates to "Contest Theme" & the level to which the existing factions are "Faith-centric" is really more tangential:

I disagree with this a little. I don't think the Creativity score would necessarily have to be 0 unless you didn't actually make a 5th race and re-uploaded an OG race. To get 0 in creativity there would have to be no custom abilities, merely re-used vanilla ones and little changes made to any custom units used i.e. re-naming Footman to Soldier and keeping the stats the same.

It shouldn't just be a tenuous, adjacent connection to "Faith" (whether Thematically or Mechanically); it should be the primary design element. So you could totally make a "Druid's Council" Night Elf faction, or a "Shamanic Circle" Orc faction. Maybe even reuse the Far Seer, Shaman, & Spirit Walker (at your own peril, though; I should think that would weigh heavily on Creativity since it not only exists but overlaps the standard game, which is a no-no). But the rest of the faction would have to be pretty strongly guided by the Thematic principles for it to be OK, and it would still be unwise, IMO, to reuse stuff rather than coming up with your own.

I agree here that faith should be a primary design element. Remember I was merely answering someones question about why you can't just make any faction for this contest since they all have a faith component or religion. As we have both stated the idea of "Faith" has to be integrated into the faction in order to score highly in this regard.
Indeed in my own entry I'm adding a couple of "Faith" mechanics that directly tie into the religion and customs of my faction. Thematically, a lot of my units aren't directly "Faith-themed" (outside of casters and Heroes) but instead Faith and religion plays a large part in the Faction's character as a whole with your hero choice (faith related) dictating what units are available to you.

Also I'd be hesitant to fully agree with your philosophy here for fear of penalizing people that want to choose a Warcraft race/faction for their entry :)

Level 27
I decided to show my second WIP right now, otherwise I won't be able to do it until I'm free in 3 weeks.

Here is the description of the 3 units that I showed in my last WIP. I finished the skins for all my other units but I don't have time to properly incorporate them into the faction.

BTNTrollFaithful.png
FaithfulBasic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, and Repair. Can gain the Torchlight upgrade.
BTNBloodTrollMage.png
RitualistSecondary worker unit and support spellcaster. Can pray at a Temple of Sorrow to obtain favor from Loas. Can Empower Blood Troll units and buildings.
BTNTrollFlayer.png
FlayerSavage troll hunter who can alternate between melee attacks or throw knives at range.

Additionaly, the Tier system is based on "Worship". For each Tier you have the option of choosing a Loa to worship between 2 available options, and each Loa focus on enhancing a specific aspect of the faction.

loas.PNG

BTW, @Mythic can I use your Eldritch Covenant for my Main Building or is there a problem with it being an entry for another contest? I was looking for a Main Building model that represents my faction, and undoubtedly that amazing model is the best for that.

Last edited:
Level 29
I decided to show my second WIP right now, otherwise I won't be able to do it until I'm free in 3 weeks.

Here is the description of the 3 units that I showed in my last WIP. I finished the skins for all my other units but I don't have time to properly incorporate them into the faction.

View attachment 366751FaithfulBasic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, and Repair. Can gain the Torchlight upgrade.
View attachment 366750RitualistSecondary worker unit and support spellcaster. Can pray at a Temple of Sorrow to obtain favor from Loas. Can Empower Blood Troll units and buildings.
View attachment 366749FlayerSavage troll hunter who can alternate between melee attacks or throw knives at range.

Additionaly, the Tier system is based on "Worship". For each Tier you have the option of choosing a Loa to worship between 2 available options, and each Loa focus on enhancing a specific aspect of the faction.

BTW, @Mythic can I use your Eldritch Covenant for my Main Building or is there a problem with it being an entry for another contest? I was looking for a Main Building model that represents my faction, and undoubtedly that amazing model is the best for that.

age of mythology tiers!!! nice
1082D5846BFFC7826DB6210D408037B30987D37B

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
RitualistSecondary worker unit and support spellcaster. Can pray at a Temple of Sorrow to obtain favor from Loas. Can Empower Blood Troll units and buildings.
"Troll Ritualist"...
"with Empower ability"...
"for building(s)"....
EYES.EMOJI

Riki said:
There shouldn't be any issue with that, since AFAIK there's no Contest Rules about how recently the custom assets have been made.

I agree but one that is simply Thematic will score very poorly, that's just how the judging in these things goes as I discussed in the previous contests Results page. This isn't a criticism; merely a recognition of what these Judges are generally looking for.
No I understand; I'm trying to say that absolutely shouldn't happen, according to the Criteria of the Contest, and any Judge that does so is sus a cause for concern.

Footman16 said:
I disagree with this a little. I don't think the Creativity score would necessarily have to be 0 unless you didn't actually make a 5th race and re-uploaded an OG race. To get 0 in creativity there would have to be no custom abilities, merely re-used vanilla ones and little changes made to any custom units used i.e. re-naming Footman to Soldier and keeping the stats the same.

Also I'd be hesitant to fully agree with your philosophy here for fear of penalizing people that want to choose a Warcraft race/faction for their entry :)
Oh yeah, of course. I'm a big believer that Actual Zero should be reserved for extreme cases only; it's basically saying "it could not possibly be any worse", which is an incredibly high bar to meet, IMO.

I thought that's what we were talking about, though; someone essentially submitting one of the standard factions (remade from scratch of course, since all Contest work has to be done after it starts) with the conceit that "hey they have Faith, so it fits!".

I don't think there should be any reason why a contestant should be penalized or even dissuaded against submitting a custom faction which heavily featured one of the standard races (i.e. Humans, Orcs, Night Elves, Undead). Heck, it's probably exactly what I would be doing (were I to join this Contest).

That should not be penalized at all (Creativity or otherwise). It would just have to make sure A) they don't reuse game elements from the standard factions (so no 1-to-1 copies of e.g. Shaman, etc), and B) they really lean into the "Faith" element of that faction (so can't just do generic Night Elves, since that's already a thing; need to focus on Druidism or Elune to a greater degree).

Level 15

View attachment 366751FaithfulBasic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber, build structures, and Repair. Can gain the Torchlight upgrade.
View attachment 366750RitualistSecondary worker unit and support spellcaster. Can pray at a Temple of Sorrow to obtain favor from Loas. Can Empower Blood Troll units and buildings.
View attachment 366749FlayerSavage troll hunter who can alternate between melee attacks or throw knives at range.

Mann, I really have no idea why don't you start your own project where you incorporate all of your custom factions. You are really gifted for this kind of things. Also, I think this idea is absolutely amazing. Maybe your best so far! Great job! Really looking forward to seeing it in action.

Level 29
with (a lot) humilty a wip of GUI skills

upload_2020-10-25_14-13-24.png

107237-2faf3439ac1180f94e65651ce6a3ee91_tn.jpg

Alexstraza Disciple
skills
87076-544a1ccb155b41dec489dda5cee01bd9.jpg
Fire souls: fire bolt base, while casting, fire souls are created and attacks target. Single target spell
63361-0663c344e79a143048cfab9e9d0b761b.jpg
Alexstraza Blessing: after killing an enemy unit, the hero gains reincarnation during a certain amount of time. Passive.
95133-d5c45b3d1e03d45264eef6c78af43809.jpg
Magic Intensity: the caster makes the attack gradually increase +2 +4+6 during a period of time.
70810-ceee6215e7473101d694437631f43dc7.jpg
Master Summoning: this spell can be cast in 2 ways, low mana cost or huge mana cost, more mana means better the summoned dragon.
the dragon also has 3 skills,
1 can only be healed near a fire dragon roost.
2 skill Revitalize follower
3 after killing 3 units.. bla bla bla, it gains a nice skill during a certain amount of time, and the killing stuff resets, note: for the moment holy light, I want a subtile but good skill, inferno or resurrection, no too much. I plan to do a nice way as killing counter, 1 2 , skill, 1 and 2 icons as passive indicators

some notes:
1) frost dragons gain health only during night
2) fire dragons gain health only during day
3) fire dragons have hp heal near a fire dragon roost
4) frost dragon have hp near a frost dragon roost.
5) there wont be any caster with heal, so the master summoning spell and dragon roosts will have more protagonism
5 cheap tricks, but it helps to construct the theme of the dragons.

Last edited:
Level 29
I didn't know this was already up. I'll be participating again but this time with the Earthen Ring. A neutral faction of Shaman from both Horde and Alliance dedicated to preserving the balance between the elements!
nice concept horde alliance of wc3 or wow games?

upload_2020-10-26_8-9-44.png

any faithful kind soul knows wich cache folder I need to delete to reset the graphics.????
it was all ok, then used the utm 4.0 for the terrainig c. 22 and then these red dragons got this, my map doesnt have such blp imported.
I know this happen a lot when replacing tiles in one map and then open other maps.

The Culdee Monasteries
WiP2.png

Lore
The Culdee monasteries are actually a part of a larger religion from outside the lands of the Runic people. These Culdees however do not follow the universal doctrines of their cousins; instead integrating their faith into the local traditions and culture of the Runic Clans. As such they are sometimes mistaken for Pagans or members of a darker cult. The truth is, a Culdee is well versed in the arts of healing and cleansing and will help any who seek them out. Whilst most of their monasteries are remote and secluded, some of the larger Runic Settlements will have one integrated.

Role
A supporting spellcaster who has 3 abilities:
Regenerate - A channeled heal over time that drains mana as it heals.
Cleanse - A dispel that bounces between units and damages Summoned units.
Rite of Protection - Teleports a friendly unit to their main hall and applies a small heal over time.

Level 29
The Culdee Monasteries

Lore
The Culdee monasteries are actually a part of a larger religion from outside the lands of the Runic people. These Culdees however do not follow the universal doctrines of their cousins; instead integrating their faith into the local traditions and culture of the Runic Clans. As such they are sometimes mistaken for Pagans or members of a darker cult. The truth is, a Culdee is well versed in the arts of healing and cleansing and will help any who seek them out. Whilst most of their monasteries are remote and secluded, some of the larger Runic Settlements will have one integrated.

Role
A supporting spellcaster who has 3 abilities:
Regenerate - A channeled heal over time that drains mana as it heals.
Cleanse - A dispel that bounces between units and damages Summoned units.
Rite of Protection - Teleports a friendly unit to their main hall and applies a small heal over time.

I really like cleanse concept, I would steal the idea if I could, kidding, is my way of say I really like it.
the rite of protection is ok but feels like, you already have a heal, so feels redundant,in wow protection never means heal means armor
paladin classes are holy healer, protection tank and retribution damage role
I mean if you can improve that spell, I sugest to it so.
and the townhall teleport is a nice concept of starcraft 2 but doesnt feels a bit forced?

as example i would re/change rite of protection, to gain evasion at 75 percent and +4 armor for 12 secs. I think it makes contest more fun to try to help each other,

nice concept horde alliance of wc3 or wow games?

View attachment 366926

any faithful kind soul knows wich cache folder I need to delete to reset the graphics.????
it was all ok, then used the utm 4.0 for the terrainig c. 22 and then these red dragons got this, my map doesnt have such blp imported.
I know this happen a lot when replacing tiles in one map and then open other maps.
I hope someone here know how to fix this.

I really like cleanse concept, I would steal the idea if I could, kidding, is my way of say I really like it.

Sure, lol, its based off of a vanilla ability but I can't remember the name of it jn.

the rite of protection is ok but feels like, you already have a heal, so feels redundant,in wow protection never means heal means armor
paladin classes are holy healer, protection tank and retribution damage role
I mean if you can improve that spell, I sugest to it so.

The protection bit refers to the teleporting them out of harm's way or at least that's how I see it considering that's probably how it'll be used :)

and the townhall teleport is a nice concept of starcraft 2 but doesnt feels a bit forced?

Well I got the idea from trying to create an equivalent to the staff of preservation or staff of sanctuary from the Human and Night Elf, so I thought I'd make a unit ability version with a triggered heal over time so it works like SoS except doesn't immobilize the unit. Since its a unit ability it could be a bit too powerful so it requires master upgrade, has a long cooldown and high mana cost which I think balances it out as well as not being usable on Heroes since two of the Heroes already have good escape potential.

as example i would re/change rite of protection, to gain evasion at 75 percent and +4 armor for 12 secs. I think it makes contest more fun to try to help each other,

I'm not sure how effective such a buff would be since the unit wouldn't be getting teleported into combat unless your base was under attack. Its more to be used when you're out of your base fighting the enemy to save your low hp units and then by the time they return to the frontline have recovered their hp :)

Although I do appreciate the feedback and suggestions, I'll be sure to give you my thoughts about your race as it develops. I tried to write reviews for all the entries to the previous contest so I'll try and do the same again.

Level 35
I think it makes contest more fun to try to help each other,

This really captures the true essence of what a fan-based community's contest scene should be about - working together to try and create the best content we're capable of while helping out the competition.

That skin error with the dragons seems weird. Did you import something in that path at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.