1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Spellbound, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHAT IS THIS MONSTER ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER?

2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    AFAIK, that's no problem. The Contest doesn't stipulate how you start the game (i.e. with how many of what type of thing (as long as it's balanced, of course)); simply that No More Than One Unit (& Hero?) May Be "Trained" in the Classic Sense. An upgraded version of the worker that spawns alongside it at the beginning seems perfectly reasonable to me.

3. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thats the starting 'building'. Not giving anything away yet tho, maybe later.

Dont have any trained units at all, but did not implement any hero training system, because its slightly hard to figure with my current race setup.

Maybe I will post some more screens later since I think sending custom icons I made isnt much of a WIP lel

4. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Kind of like undead. So i agree with @Kyrbi0.

But the safest way is for @Spellbound to confirm this.

5. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yup, just gotta wait.

6. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nah, you're good.

7. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I think my concept fit the rules so I'll explain it:

-Workers (black ghost on the left) can summon those purple towers, the towers are upgraded to the rest of buildings except food-production buildings.

-Food production is increased by the blue ghosts, who are an upgrade of Workers.

-Workers can merge to create the purple floating thing on the right from where are created the rest of units.

Wraiths1.PNG

8. Banelingline

Banelingline

Resources:
    Resources:
    How so? Is it summoning via spells in a "frontloaded training" mechanic, transforming the workers into more advanced units via Dark Conversion based spells, "eating" workers for charges to make the higher up units... How's it doing it, if it isn't using standard training? Remember, only one unit may use standard training.

9. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    He has a point. Unless you make some sort of cargo hold system to evolve units, I don't think that fits the theme.

BTW, Clairvoyant has been changed to Tide Priest and I released the final hero, Ocean Vanguard.

STILL big asf

New Heroes Preview.png

Vanguard's Abilities:
    Abilities

Whirpool Strike:
    Unleashess a whirlpool in front of the Vanguard that deals damage to enemies caught in the path.
    imma firin ma lazor

imma firin ma lazor.png

Riptide:
    Gathers the water into an explosion at the target area, damaging and knocking up enemies in the area for a few seconds.
    that one grunt that's chilling

that one grunt that's chilling.png

Luminescence Mace:
    Basic attacks mark enemies with Luminescence for a few seconds. Marked enemies takes bonus damage from all sources.

NO PREVIEW FOR THIS BECAUSE OF ULTIMATE UNNECESSITY

Waterway Reversion:
    Switch places between an enemy hero. The Vanguard then taunts nearby enemies and gains 25 bonus armor for 8 seconds. The target enemy hero gets marked with Luminescence for 5 seconds instead.

THIS SPELL IS TOO FAST TO SCREENIE SO DEAL WITH IT

Tide Priest's abilities:
    Abilities

Mind Flare:
    Deals damage to an enemy unit and stuns them for a duration. Targets below 30% health receive double damage.

THIS SPELL IS TOO SIMPLE TO SCREENIE SO USE YOUR IMAGINATION

Salvation:
    Channels life force onto the target unit, healing it for an amount while draining 15 mana every second. This ability can continue being channelled until the target has fully healed or the Tide Priest's mana has perished. Moving,attacking or casting other spells will cancel the channel.
    this one actually took me longer coz of bugs

this one took longer coz of bugs.png

Celerity Aura:
    Increases nearby allied units' movement speed.

NO

Divine Journey:
    Sends a target friendly unit to the abyss to receive a blessing from the Riverqueen. After 15 seconds, they return fully healed with a permanent varied gift. Units that have already been casted cannot be sent into the abyss again. Gifts are bonus atk damage, atk rate, movespeed, health and armor.
    praise the sun

praise the sun!!.png

[/hidden]

10. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice usage of the model. Like the Ancient Apparition model.

11. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Resources:
    The workers merge and create the purple floating thing and then it "evolves" in the rest of the units (obviously you lose the purple thing at the end of the "evolution"). This will count as standard training?

12. EternalOne

EternalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, progress has been made. The Shadefrost Nerubians now have fully functional bases, and all the standard units/buildings can be made in one way or another. I still have a ways to go, but here's a nice WIP shot of the Shadefrost army returning to base after going creep hunting:
    ShadefrostNerubians2.png

13. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool. I wonder how you do the evolution triggers because I'm loosing my mind over this (still done tho).

14. EternalOne

EternalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, since I'm getting close to the end of the "mechanics development," as it were, I have a question about the rules. Mods or Judges, give me a ruling here:

Is it okay to have people outside of your team do balance testing for your custom race?

As much as I enjoy the design process, I must admit: I'm quite bad at melee games. As such, I might not have the best sense of when my custom race is balanced. If I have to test this stuff out by myself, then I will, but it would be easier if I could make a beta of the race and have some people that do melee better than me try it out and send me feedback.

I don't need the answer right away or anything, but I couldn't find a clarification of this in the rules, so I hope one of you will publish an answer here for all of the teams' references.

15. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Not an issue. You can have others playtest your map.

16. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a lot done already but I'm not gonna post another wip, cause I think I posted like 5 already. Besides, my race is almost done. Maybe will finish on Friday. Have a meme instead.

meme

download.jpg

17. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lmao.
    I'd be happy if I got third.

18. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, can I add a few crabs at the river? Its for a techtree upgrade I'm planning on adding. My entry should be done as soon as I get an answer from Bribe (trigger-related).

19. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Map must remain untouched. If you want to give your race some sort of pseudo-resource, you'll have to figure out a way to put that in the mechanic of the itself. It could be a town hall ability that summons crabs in the rivers?

20. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Resources:
    So I can at least put regions down in the map?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.