• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #14 - Reforge, Don't Refund [Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I think your race fits, just may feel a bit strange, but, after all, all the races who are maked in this contests feel strange (just because they are completely new), so I don't think that's bad. About the dispel thing, I think MogulKhan just quote the last message you wrote (or maybe he is saying you need a dispel unit... That isn't a bad idea after all :) )

Level 15
Mmm, not really. I only ever do races when there's a Techtree Contest going on.

You find my race not fitting? Do elaborate. Would love some feedback (though I'm not sure how my dispel quote have anything to do with this).

It has nothing with a dispel, it was just your last post and I wanted to let others know that I am talking to you.

And, about race not fitting. It is just too flashy and complicated when you compare it to standard races. It is not a bad thing, I mean, it is a good thing to see development of races evolve/adapt after all these years. It is just, that, your race design process is kind of more complicated than Blizzard's.

@MogulKahn If you wanna do that, you can just use @xYours Trulyx .

I've tried making simple races before, with all the normal/vanilla training and building systems. It's because of these two points that I had to make something new:

Gameplay
How well the various elements of the Faction work together to achieve the tactical synergy & gameplay style the Faction has, as well as how efficiently each element performs its particular function. Strategic systems that endow an identity to the Faction, comprehensive & well-though-out roles which complement a cohesive Faction will be graded well; ill-considered, insufficient or over-compensating roles will lose points.

Creativity
How original the design of the Faction is in terms of innovative ideas, clever implementations, or creative concepts. Innovation and creativity will be rewarded; extensive re-use of existing elements in vanilla factions & poor originality will result in a poor score.

The simplest race I've done was the Dalacorpian Dwarves Race in the #11 Techtree Contest. It has absolutely nothing new in terms of training and building system, and because of that, my Creativity scoring went down by quite a lot due to the fact that I didn't even try to make something more modern and advanced. In terms of Gameplay, reusing vanilla spells will also take down some points. In the same race, there was only a handful of actually-new spells and the others were just reskins or reversed vanilla abilities. Needless to say, I got third place in that.

Besides, my races aren't that flashy. I try to make things look simple as possible without having to sacrifice loosing my Creativity and Gameplay judging. That's why you see me posting all of these WIPs. I know a few things about balancing, but feedback is essential for me to perfect my race.

Last edited:
Level 3
@Ether that is unfortunate. It looked like a pretty collection of unique units. Maybe you can save the idea for next round so you'll have enough time to make a complete(-ish) entry.

@xYours Trulyx Honestly, I do need to add quiet a bit of vanilla stuff and refluffed abilities to fill out the roster anywhere remotely in time. I suspect I won't be able to make it "finished & bug-free", but I'll be submitting it anyway hoping for an honorable mention and see what advise the defs have for me for next time

It's not a shame losing to something as progressive as the Seraphim Union or as polished as the Emerald Nightmare. I would encourage any hobieist out there to at least try and deliver something. Even when your not really in the race for the top spots, the journey is still very educative and the criticism ment to showcase what area's you have the most to gain.

Don't fear to fail, just aim for fun and you can't lose :goblin_yeah:

I saw some discussion in the Discord about custom models and if they would overtly impact scoring depending on the quality.

Aesthetics are important but they are not more significant than gameplay. When judging entries I will look for well thought out and executed ideas. A cool model won't win you the competition.

Although cool models might not win the competition, I found myself kicking around Retera Model Studio this evening brainstorming an undead race themed after the stuff from WoW's Wrath of the Lich King expansion.
It certainly would need a lot of work to become a solid entry, but here was a little video of my fun WIP content I was working on:

More Updates on Death and Taxes:

• Necrovizier - Hero
    • The last skill, Back To Work, is now persistent. Dispels may momentarily work, but will be futile for 5.5 seconds.
  • Sales Zombie - Tier 2 Unit
    • A tanky melee unit with two abilities: (Purchase Neutral Building, Sales Talk)
      • Purchase Neutral Building:
        • A channeled ability that will purchase a target neutral building when completed.
        • If the player has insufficient funds, a new pop-up will appear at the bottom of the screen,
          notifying the player of the total debt to be paid. This will prevent the player from gaining
          gold and lumber until the debt is fully paid.
        • Once the purchase is complete, a building (Corporate Nexus) is created to hold ownership
          of the neutral building. If the building is destroyed at any point, the neutral building will
          return to its' original owner.
      • Sales Talk:
        • A channeled no-target ability that may have different effects according to chance.
        • If an enemy unit stays within the ability's area of effect for at least 3 seconds, 3 things may happen:
          • Bored: The enemy unit is bored to sleep for 12 seconds.
          • Given a brochure: The enemy unit is given a brochure which does nothing.
          • Move away: The enemy unit will move away from the caster. This effect is persistent for 3 seconds,
            and players may have difficulty controlling the unit during that time.
Sales Zombie:

Last edited:
Sales Zombie - Tier 2 Unit
  • A tanky melee unit with two abilities: (Purchase Neutral Building, Sales Talk)
  • Purchase Neutral Building:
    • A channeled ability that will purchase a target neutral building when completed.
    • If the player has insufficient funds, a new pop-up will appear at the bottom of the screen,
      notifying the player of the total debt to be paid. This will prevent the player from gaining
      gold and lumber until the debt is fully paid.
    • Once the purchase is complete, a building (Corporate Nexus) is created to hold ownership
      of the neutral building. If the building is destroyed at any point, the neutral building will
      return to its' original owner.
  • Sales Talk:
    • A channeled no-target ability that may have different effects according to chance.
    • If an enemy unit stays within the ability's area of effect for at least 3 seconds, 3 things may happen:
      • Bored: The enemy unit is bored to sleep for 12 seconds.
      • Given a brochure: The enemy unit is given a brochure which does nothing.
      • Move away: The enemy unit will move away from the caster. This effect is persistent for 3 seconds,
        and players may have difficulty controlling the unit during that time.

What the hell, this unit is pure gold. You should make floating text appear above him when he use that Sales Talk ability. Something comedic and advertisement-like. Now THAT would be hilarious :D

What the hell, this unit is pure gold. You should make floating text appear above him when he use that Sales Talk ability. Something comedic and advertisement-like. Now THAT would be hilarious :D

The Sales Zombie has the Bandit's voice, so if I could get the sounds to play, it will when it channels Sales Talk. The suggestion seems nice, though. I'll look for some quotes.

Level 15
@MogulKahn If you wanna do that, you can just use @xYours Trulyx .

I've tried making simple races before, with all the normal/vanilla training and building systems. It's because of these two points that I had to make something new:

The simplest race I've done was the Dalacorpian Dwarves Race in the #11 Techtree Contest. It has absolutely nothing new in terms of training and building system, and because of that, my Creativity scoring went down by quite a lot due to the fact that I didn't even try to make something more modern and advanced. In terms of Gameplay, reusing vanilla spells will also take down some points. In the same race, there was only a handful of actually-new spells and the others were just reskins or reversed vanilla abilities. Needless to say, I got third place in that.

Besides, my races aren't that flashy. I try to make things look simple as possible without having to sacrifice loosing my Creativity and Gameplay judging. That's why you see me posting all of these WIPs. I know a few things about balancing, but feedback is essential for me to perfect my race.

What do you need exactly? I am willing to help. From balance to design or even ideas, whatever you need.

More Updates on Death and Taxes

Retroactively attached a video showing off the Sales Zombie.
More updates:

• Executive Gargoyle - A flying unit that can transform into its' "Store Form", where it sets up a shop.

• Store Form - A play on the word Stone Form, the Executive Gargoyle descends into the ground, setting up a digital shop that provides Season Passes. Season Passes are powerup items that grant different benefits to each unit, depending on their allegiance to the owner of the Executive Gargoyle. More beneficial effects are more likely to be granted to allies, whereas less beneficial effects are likely to be granted to enemies.

• Killing or removing the Executive Gargoyle while in this form will destroy or remove the shop, respectively. (The shop isn't actually destroyed, just recycled.)
Executive Gargoyle:

+1000 HP reg? Well, that makes you invencible. I think I will jump of happiness if someday I take that bonus. And you taked it two times.

It's actually just +10 hp Regen. Also, that effect is considered one of the more beneficial effects, so if you get a red text tag for a bonus effect, you're getting ripped off by the Season Pass. What's more, you can't receive all the benefits the pass will give you (at most 4 out of 7), and you can't buy more than two Season Passes per unit.

Level 35
A work in progress for a race to submit called "Pandemonium"
full

So... not to stifle the creativity or anything, but how does this fit in with the contest's theme exactly?

Level 15
I mean, to be fair, the entire competition is about developing your own ideas.

Yea, true. I just wanted to find an excuse to suggest some hunting (dire) dogs, warhorses, living armors or animated constructs as units or something similar.

Another WIP: (Undying Commander)

The Undying Commander is a glass-cannon hero, despite being a Strength Hero, who can easily demolish an army if left untouched.

EDIT:

Rebalanced Undying Commander's ultimate skill. Now, the health cost is 3% per second, and heals from fire or void sources amplified from 20% to 200%.

Will consider drastically increasing the manacost of the Chaos Portal to compensate for the buffs.
(Due to the synergy of the third skill and ultimate essentially allowing the Undying Commander to reliably stay alive).

Last edited:
Here are a couple of heroes for our second WIP:

Umbral Avenger

Evergloam

Aah, fascinating. You're using Refunded, I see. If I may, I would like to give some (hopefully) constructive criticism for the Heroes you presented.

Umbral Avenger
Seems like this Hero is filled to the brim with offensive skills. Everything in her kit is about damage, with some soft CC on her Q. No passives either. That's gonna make her quite mana-hungry if the player does not manage mana properly.
One thing about assassin Heroes is that they usually have an ability of some sort that makes them not get totally demolished in fights ( Blademaster's clones, Demon Hunter's evasion, Warden's blink, PotM and Shadow Hunter being ranged Heroes ). In your case, Umbral Avenger does not have any mobility and survivability that an assassin Hero needs.
The range damage seems balanced, but oh boy, she'll shred everything in melee combat with that high of an attack speed boost as well as bonus on-hit damage.

Evergloam
Mage-support Hero. I usually call them Enchanters.
Q damage is fair, although the long delay could give enemies more than enough time to re-position. If the travel time doesn't add to the delay, or if the explosion radius is big, then I see it as a good and balanced ability.
Not much to say about W and E. W is an armor-boosting ward which is fine and E is just Endurance Aura that does not discriminate.
Ult is really strong, but it also has a long summon delay. Should be used outside of combat or else someone's gonna interrupt the channel.

Another WIP: (Undying Commander)

The Undying Commander is a glass-cannon hero, despite being a Strength Hero, who can easily demolish an army if left untouched.

EDIT:

Rebalanced Undying Commander's ultimate skill. Now, the health cost is 3% per second, and heals from fire or void sources amplified from 20% to 200%.

Will consider drastically increasing the manacost of the Chaos Portal to compensate for the buffs.
(Due to the synergy of the third skill and ultimate essentially allowing the Undying Commander to reliably stay alive).

I'm afraid I don't really know what's going on. Seems like you used all skills simultaneously, which made it hard for me to see each ability's power budget.

On paper though, Warrior Epitaph seems like a much, much stronger version of Tauren Chieftan's War Stomp. It lasts 1 second longer and also summons minions, AND also costs less (deals 10 less damage but that's not worth mentioning).
Not much to say about W. Just vanilla Cleaving Attack on minor steroids.
Chaos Portal is quite strong, but it is balanced by the fact that the radius is really small. Could be devastating if used properly.
However, it can also be a double-edged sword. The teleport is telegraphed, so a smartly-placed Blizzard or Flame Strike will decimate your arsenal.
How Souls are gathered for ult is not specified, so I don't really know what to say about it.

ANYWAYS, HERE'S FINAL WIP BEFORE I UPLOAD MY FULL ENTRY, HOPEFULLY ON THE NEXT 3 DAYS. I AM WRITING IN CAPS BECAUSE THIS PART OF THE POST IT ABOUT MY CURRENT DOINGS AND NOT MY CRITICISM TOWARDS THE POSTS ABOVE ME.

I decided to remodel my Might of the Union hero, and rename him Iron Inquisitor so that he looks like he actually belong in my race. He looked too different from anything else in my holy race.

IronInquisitor.png

Here is some progress, but that deadline is coming faster than expected :peasant-work-work: Still don't have the name, will have to come up with something.

I'm missing some elite T3 unit as of now, but I hope some idea will pop in my head soon.

It's definitely Night Elf season this contest... so it seems.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Here are a couple of heroes for our second WIP:

Umbral Avenger

Evergloam
Aside from being Reforged: Dang those are lookin' quite nice.

Two notes: the Umbral Avenger's ultimate references an "unkindness of ravens", which, while accurate, might be one of those unfortunate times when the accurate answer might not be the right one. It reads really weird, is what I'm saying, even though it's technically correct.

Note Two: the Evergloam (what the heck with that name, man, love/hate it xD) has an ability which grants movement speed and also apparently attack rate, though the tooltip doesn't seem to mention that.

//EDIT// Note Three: it's spelled "sapling" (Evergloam Ultimate tooltip)

Aside from being Reforged: Dang those are lookin' quite nice.
Classic move.

Two notes: the Umbral Avenger's ultimate references an "unkindness of ravens", which, while accurate, might be one of those unfortunate times when the accurate answer might not be the right one. It reads really weird, is what I'm saying, even though it's technically correct.
I had the same nagging impression as I typed it out, but I don't actually find it weird anymore. Took me five minutes, so I'm hoping people will get over it as well. Not particularly concerned about that one one way or another.

Note Two: the Evergloam (what the heck with that name, man, love/hate it xD) has an ability which grants movement speed and also apparently attack rate, though the tooltip doesn't seem to mention that.
The name is in reference to the sort of Emerald Dream/Ardenweald duality; summer/winter; dawn/twilight. I don't remember having any effects that boost movement speed, but I'll double check. Ty.

//EDIT// Note Three: it's spelled "sapling" (Evergloam Ultimate tooltip)
Yeah, noticed just after posting and was like, ah crud. 'Tis fixed now.

I decided to remodel my Might of the Union hero, and rename him Iron Inquisitor so that he looks like he actually belong in my race. He looked too different from anything else in my holy race.

View attachment 352042

The new look makes him a lot more intimidating, especially in the battlefield, which suits the name Iron Inquisitor. The previous version certainly made him look goofier, and more risky to underestimate.

Level 3
A quick WIP of the Three-Skulls Tribe

Three-Skulls Troll Tribe

What if it hadn't been the orcs that first formed the Horde? What if Mannoroth had chosen the trolls instead? The orcs had not come and therefore Thrall never met Cairne to bring in the Tauren. With a much more dominant role, the jungle trolls would have an easier time convincing other Tribes and subspecies to join in. And so, the Three-Skulls tribe was formed and would sweep across the lands like a deadly shadow murdering and purging all that had played a role in the downfall of their former empires.

The Three-Skulls Tribe strongly hinges at the idea of picking the right "path" facing the troubles ahead.

The Tribes workers, the crafties, can build a sacred rockgarden with hotspring that helps the tribe channel its mystic connections. It picks one of three versions, depending on the path the Tribes leaders have chosen.

Spring of Spirits: The path of shamanism, living in the moment, gives access to inflaming magics, several beasts from mother nature and cunning hunters.

Well of Wisdom: The path of the ancestors, holding knowledge from long lost empires, brings defensive buffs, strong bodyguards and siege tactics.

Stream of Souls: The path of dark voodoo, holds promises of terrible power, grants you control over the dead and summons "friends" from the Void.

Buildings:

• Chiefs hut.
Standard town center building. Not much special.

Produces main workforce:

• Crafty: Worker that gathers resources and builds your structures.

• Kodo carrier: Mobile gathering side. Can carry up to 4 crafties, who will defend the Kodo if needed.

• Spring of Spirits / Well of Wisdom / Stream of Souls
Research building that grants access to advanced units. Building one will lock away the other two for the remainder of the game. Choose carefully!

• Altar of Rituals
Summons and revives your Heroes (will elaborate at a later date)

• Great Hunter: Strength based hero

• Shadow Hunter: Agility based hero

• (spring) Voodoo Shanty: Intelligence based hero

• (well) Elder Sage: Intelligence based hero

• (stream) Puppetmaster: Intelligence based hero

• Pigsfarm
Produces 6 food. Does not have battle stations, but can train pigs.

• Pig: non-combat unit that takes up 1 food but produces 2 food in return. Cheap early extra food, but counts against unit cap and upkeep.

• Barracks
Produces main staple of warriors

• Axeman: basic melee unit

• Headhunter: throw spears, can berserk

• (spring) Bushwhacker: advanced melee unit. Fast and learns ensnare and venomed weapons

• (well) Bonecarver: advanced ranged unit. Sturdy axethrower with a hunting hawk for lookout

• (stream) Blooddrinker: advanced melee unit. Learns cannibalize and brute strength (now even more brutal, as the void energy instilled by the shadow priests constantly drains the blooddrinkers lifeforce. This forces the blooddrinker to constantly seek new enemies to kill and devour to still their brute strengths thirst for lifeforce)

• (well) Big Tusk: heavy melee bodyguard. Can learn Bad Voodoo, shutting down all nearby non-hero casters.

• Beastiary
Produces battle trained beasts

• Rampager: melee siege beast. This is what happens if Kodos get angry.

• Batrider: air to ground light siege bomber or aerial suicide bomber.

• (spring) Windrider: ranged flyer, excels at aerial dogfights.

• (spring) Thunderhorn: heavy ground transport unit with ranged lightning attack. Can learn Howl of Terror.

• Spirit Lodge
Produces spiritual advicers and mystics

• Witchdoctor: support caster that places down wards

• (spring) Voodoo Priest:??? /bloodlust/mumbo jumbo (polymorphs into pigs, but pigs into quilboars)

• (well) Wise One: casts purge/heal/lightning shield. Can learn to repair Seige Golems

• (stream) Shadow Priest: casts raise dead/unholy frenzy/cripple

• (stream) Void Spirit: invisible spy unit. Can aid Void Haunters to set up an ambush

• (stream) Void Haunter: Heavy ranged unit, using chaos energy. Can use Sliding Shadows, a midium range teleport with upto 8 units to set up ambushes.

• Guardian Shrine (well)
Recovered ancient guard station

• (well) Seige Golem: Super heavy ranged seige unit. Counts as both a unit and a building.
Can learn to build magical defense towers.

• Watch Tower standard missile tower

• Rune Tower (well) magic missile tower, can only be built by Seige Golems.

A warband of the Spring of Spirit branch is preparing to mount their Thunderhorns to go on a Raid on an elven outbase (Sorry for the Human borders, I used the test map button to do the image capture)

Rune stone is the Altar of Rituals
Naamloos.jpg

Last edited:
Level 27
Really amazing WIPs so far guys, keep working.

Here's a new one of my faction, this time I'll show the basic description of two of the Heroes. On next WIP I'll show the other two Heroes before my final entry.

NagaWIP5.PNG

Oceanlord: Warrior Hero that can sustain by himself on battle.

-Waterwave Stream: Summons a high speed water stream to damage and reduce the armor of an enemy target.

-Torrent Blast: Saturates the area around the Oceanlord with random water explosions that deal damage to enemy land units and structures. Deals half of the damage to buildings.

-Vortex Barrier: Generates a layered protective shield that increases hit points regeneration and armor. If the Hero receives damage, one layer is removed, and takes time to recover.

-Bulwark: Attacks have a chance of instant kill the enemy if Oceanlord's current hit points doubles the target's. Increased chance if Oceanlord's current hit points triples the target's. When an enemy is killed with Bulwark, nearby allied units get maximum movement speed for some seconds. Cannot kill Heroes or buildings. Also gives a passive permanent bonus to Strength.

Dreamweaver: Mystical Hero, exceptional at creating confusion among groups of enemies.

-Reflection: Brings forth an invulnerable dark reflection of the target enemy using its life force. Affected enemy will be attacked by the reflection.

-Hypnotize: Alters the reality from enemies in target area, causing them to create illusions of themselves under Dreamweaver's control when attacking. Hypnotized enemies receive damage from Sunder and increase the chance of spawn illusions.

-Sunder: Attacks have a small chance of create a illusion of target enemy. If target is hypnotized, the chance is increased and also receives damage when Sunder activates.

-Illusory Chain: Binds the target enemy to its 2 nearest allies within the bind radius, causing a percentage of the damage dealt to one of them to be felt by the others. Any Dreamweaver's ability that a bound unit receives also has a chance of be casted on the others. The chain can be breaked if distance between a bound unit and initial target is greater than 700. If the bind is broken by any of the units before the duration expires, the chain will search for another unit in a 600 radius to bound. If initial target dies, then another of the bound units will be the new initial target and bind radius will be transfered to its position. Lasts 25 seconds or until all of the enchained units are died and no new targets can be bound.

In my experience in these Techtree Contest, a unit without any team color WILL reduce your score. So, seek help with applying team color to those greenish Kul-Tiras models.

A ship unit? Situational, I guess. Don't know what to say about it, honestly. Ship units in a race are rare.

Yet another WIP on the Death and Taxes faction:

• The Necrovizier's ultimate skill, Back To Work, now plays an audio quote when cast.

• Modified the tooltip of most abilities to follow the following format:
    • <Spell Description>
      <Qualitative Aspect>: <Quantitative Value>
      <Qualitative Aspect>: <Quantitative Value>
  • A new unit, the Faceless Manager,
    • A ranged siege spellcaster whose abilities are oriented towards resource gathering and out-of-combat healing.
    • He takes 500% damage from Karens, who have a 35% chance of spawning. Karens may be female units or heroes, and a visual buff will help indicate a Karen.

• First Skill (Restore Gold Mine) - Restores gold to a targeted gold mine. This is a 30 second channeling spell, and restores up to 900 gold.

• Second Skill (Restore Trees) - A 1-second channeled ability that restores dead trees to their previous state. Does not check for units within the vicinity, so be careful when casting this skill.
  • Note: The Faceless Manager is still undergoing development, so a third skill will likely be introduced.

Level 3
That Reforest spell would be hilarious to use for trapping enemies. ¦D
Chop down a patch of forest, lure enemies to fight you. Cast spell, then pull your units away just before it finishes and simply walk away to raid their defender less base.
It's unfortunate it is so blatantly telegraphed and has a long cast time so it would only work on computer enemy or when your opponent is distracted elsewhere on the map.

That Reforest spell would be hilarious to use for trapping enemies. ¦D
Chop down a patch of forest, lure enemies to fight you. Cast spell, then pull your units away just before it finishes and simply walk away to raid their defender less base.
It's unfortunate it is so blatantly telegraphed and has a long cast time so it would only work on computer enemy or when your opponent is distracted elsewhere on the map.

In the spell's defense, it was never meant to be used offensively. It's supposed to give off a sense of unease with the unnatural aspects of the void.

Level 17
In my experience in these Techtree Contest, a unit without any team color WILL reduce your score. So, seek help with applying team color to those greenish Kul-Tiras models.

A ship unit? Situational, I guess. Don't know what to say about it, honestly. Ship units in a race are rare.
that a good tip, i will replace those models with team colour models, and thats not ship, thats landship :D

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
@Riki Martin Lovin' those excellent Naga hero models; you can hardly go wrong with Handclaw & Jigrael. : )

Personally, I'm having a hard time with those abilities, though; just a little on the complex side (especially the Illusionist, what with all the interconnected dependencies), and the icons make it a little hard to tell them apart, IMO.

Level 27
@Riki Martin Lovin' those excellent Naga hero models; you can hardly go wrong with Handclaw & Jigrael. : )

Personally, I'm having a hard time with those abilities, though; just a little on the complex side (especially the Illusionist, what with all the interconnected dependencies), and the icons make it a little hard to tell them apart, IMO.

Well, maybe the descriptions make the abilities look a bit complex, but they really aren't :D

Update on the Last Revolt
(with very obsolete and outdated content)

-- By @Directive255 and @Daffa

"They're history!" (No, this post is history.)

The Chromium Suppressor Tank represents the pinnacle of Last Revolt's technology. Armed with a heavy eraser gun, it can instantly erase any enemy unit from space and time, without any trace left behind. That means no corpse for any necromantic and revival trickery. However, the massive amount of energy used necessitates a long recharge time for the weapon, leaving the Chromium Tank in peril after it has fired. In addition, the eraser gun is futile against enemy Heroes, air units and buildings.

Apart from the eraser gun, the Chromium Suppressor Tank may also deploy an area suppressor, reducing damage from affected enemies by half over a short duration.

Showcase for Today

Chromium Suppressor Tank
109891-87bee9ed4d0a574beefee95bb7de1205_tn2.jpg
  • Role: Anti-Unit
  • Attacks: Land Units

• Abilities:
    1. Chromium Eraser Gun [Passive] :
      Instantly erases an enemy unit for every attack. Cannot be used on buildings or Heroes.
    2. Area Suppression [Active] :
      Suppress all opponents power with magical essence within target area, reducing their combat effectiveness by 50%. Lasts for 15 seconds.

• Produced At: Manufactory

Heavy tank armed with a specialized weapon to instantly 'erase' enemies from existence. Can also use an area suppressor, reducing damage dealt from affected enemies by 50% for a short duration. May be upgraded to half the reload time of erasure gun.

More Updates Very Soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback!

Well, we'll make the tank cost a lot of food, money and a long build time... (as with most of our other stuffs in the techtree) on top of that, that monster's cooldown is quite long. It is also quite slow-moving. As seen in the video, it took a long while for the tank to erase one enemy while the other enemies were dealing quite a lot of damage to it. Perhaps, that thing's eraser gun cooldown needs to be somewhat longer.

Perhaps also making the Area Suppression behind a paywall/research...

Oh, and by the way, the network feature looks very amazing. I like how you can store all of your troops there in one Copse, and later choose to unleash them at other Copses. It'll be quite fun

Status
Not open for further replies.