• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TechTree Contest #11 - Techno-Magic[Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"allows you to construct" as in "allows buildings to be constructed" - the synapse doesn't build stuff :p
Oh. Lol, well, it's still an interesting idea to have a builder Pylon xD

Guys, please play your races one more time fully and check them in detail before posting the final entry. When I checked BlackRanger's and YoursTruly's entries, they were full of bugs (I don't know if those were the latest versions, though).
^ This

Level 15
I didn't detected any bugs in my entry. Can you define bugs in mine,@Alok ?
The infernal goes up to the sky, but never comes down.
The Summon Sentry Turret item requires a Keep.
There were more, but I can't remember right now.

Also, one suggestion, make something that those lumber-collecting buildings are still useful after all the trees around them are spent, or give them a Scrap building ability, to destroy themselves, maybe for some resource return.

Level 15
Exactly the same bugs there too. Seems I had been using the latest version after all. Maybe you uploaded the wrong one into your post.

Also, one more thing, Mightheart's suicide ulty is awful, you lose a hero and you gotta revive him after for long train time and much resources. I guess it is only useful when he must die, when he cannot escape.

Edit: Also, there is no fourth hero D.w.a.r.f.
Edit 2: The Defensive/Building Mode mechanics of the town hall building are badly broken, and the Electrifying Steel stays on it forever once it morphs.

Last edited:
Level 12
  1. Thanks for the warning I'll fix when I'm back
  2. Thanks for the warning I'll fix when I'm back
  3. Thanks for the warning I'll fix when I'm back
  4. That's Intended Since I use Spellbound's void ray system
Also did you check If you have the latest version?

No D.W.A.R.F?
Hmm.... somethings messed up here... Let me go see and check my entry. v_v

EDIT : Updates:
- Properly added D.W.A.R.F
- Fixed Atom Blast ability bugs
- Fixed the modes on dwarven Town Halls,regarding Electrifying Steel.

Also,late reply, the Woodhouse is still useful even though there's no more trees around. You could just build another Woodhouse at another location and make the Lumberjacks in the 'useless' Woodhouse go cut trees from the newly placed Woodhouse. They still can deliver the goods to the new Woodhouse. :p

Level 15
Also,late reply, the Woodhouse is still useful even though there's no more trees around. You could just build another Woodhouse at another location and make the Lumberjacks in the 'useless' Woodhouse go cut trees from the newly placed Woodhouse. They still can deliver the goods to the new Woodhouse. :p
I meant the lumber Extractor. That version which you had in your entry post before still had it.

Level 16
JokeMaster proudly presents:
Gazlowes Horde Engineering Taskforce
latest

Steam alchemy, chemistry all things asociated with Goblins and their century long scientific research.

Unit List
  1. Tier One
    • Engineer -advanced work force can harvest resources, build and repair structures.
    • Laborer - special worker unit only harvests resources, may serve as a cheap warrior
    • Mechanical Warrior-basical mechanical infantry unit
    • Blastmaster- basic ranged unit
  2. Tier Two
    • Trike- fast siege unit, not too powerfull
    • Blaster- heavy siege unit
    • Blitzer - special tank, that utilizes lightning in combat
    • Chemist - supportive semi magical unit adapt in changin the battlefield conditions
    • Potion Doc - offensive caster unit , can turn into a Hobgoblin
    • Ace - light but powerfull flying unit
  3. Tier Three
    • Assasin - weak stealth unit adapt in eliminating single enemy units.
    • Firestarter- a heavy siege unit, good in eliminating large groups of enemies
    • Heavy Assauly Helicopter - heavy flying fortess
The goblin faction heavily utilizes mechanical units and that is their main strenght and main weakness. Their organical units have weak armor and low health pool, in contrast their mechanical friends have a large health pool and high damage. To balance it out mechanicals have no healing unless you opt for specifical heroes and items.
Goblin structures are weaker than their counterparts in other races but from the second town hall level they can gain an energetical shield preventing some damage dealt to them.

This race focuses heavily on utilizin massed arimes of the same type unit, like blitzer or ace.
Starting from tier 2 goblin units are more expensive than other races but you can research the banking upgrade and get your gold faster :p
The goblins never cared about magic, it was it that made them slaves to the trolls, and after regaining their freedom it was considered non profitable, so most goblins focus on technology and science which are their main strengths. Gazlowes Taskforce is a heavily mech oriented faction utilizing alot of mechanical units and maintaining a weak balance between goldoutcome and survivability.

The Taskforce heroes are such :
  1. Brawler - the main muscle of cartels and tradeprinces, a warrior hero focusing on eliminating single threats.
  2. Technomancer- ranged intelectualist that focuses on gaining control of the battlefield by decimating his foes and supporting is allies.
  3. The Warlock - utilizes her dark powers for the benefit of the Cartel. No mather the problem she can solve them all utilizing her bodyguard, protective spells, life sucking abilities or simply raining chaos on the heads of unsuspecting foes.
  4. The Sapper- Mistress of bombs and explosives, very succesfull, in dealing with large quantities of enemies.

Edit:
Updated a bit, rebalanced the gold/lumber cost, got rid of some bugs( any findings most appreciated) Added the Sapper

Attachments

• (6)JungleFever GHET v5.11.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Level 16
UIploading the updated version.
Edit: post outdated see version 5.1 above

Attachments

• (6)JungleFever GHET v5.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Level 16
It heals mechanicals and damages organics no matter of the unit owner, that is intended. Maybe there is a problem with the description , i'll check

Thanks dude
Just fixed right now

Problem is:
I had to remove the Missile Barrage

No problem. Also, the Missile Barrage,if not to damage, you can make it usable as to stun. Think outside the box,dude. But that's just my opinion.

Updated my map:
- Improved buff description
- Mightheart's defense passive icon is "upside down" and I had to fixed it.
- Atom Blast was researched at the beginning for P1. Fixed.

Currently working on my credit list.

Last edited:
Level 16
Fixed some minor speeling mistakes and button positions, updated the entry post with version 5.11. Time to work on the credit list too.

I was talking to a friend and for the heck of it am starting a near-deadline entry to this contest. We're supposed to put a pre-deadline WIP so here is a wip:
upload_2016-9-18_17-34-59.png

I'm making space cows, taurens with technology and magic that can go to space. We'll see if I finish

Thanks!

Level 18
For the updated version of the Unificators Faction see Unificators Entry
THE UNIFICATORS
by Spellbound and Astaroth Zion

On a ravaged world the regular energy sources have wittered. Being desperate, the Unificators found an alternative source of energy; SOULS.
Units

Heroes

Units
Unificators_Units.PNG
Faction Mechanic
Unificator_PilotMechanic.PNG

Attachments

• THW.TC11.Unificators1.w3x
    3.9 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
i didn't manage to get my race to a final enough state. i severely underestimated how much time i'd need, probably shouldn't have spent 2 days making a custom mesh & texture for a single building xD. i might upload the race when it's finished for fun. at the very least it'll supply you guys with some sci-fi building skins for the future.

good job to all those who've completed their entries, may the best race win :D

Guys, sorry about the delay. I fixed the Fatal Error, disregard @Astaroth Zion 's upload above.

Still many more things left to be done on this map. Some unit don't have custom icons and some tooltips are missing. The heroes don't have their custom tooltips, for instance.

Sorry, would have liked to make something of better quality. Ran out of time :(

EDIT: Was pressed for time when I made the above post. Now that I have a second to breathe, allow me to post some fluff. We're all nerds to some extent after all.

PS: I will post the credits soon. Currently it's inside the map.

Unificator Lore said:
When Warpseer Ner'zhul ativated the Portal Engine to flee Draenor, and consequently doomed the planet, he met his 'end' when the wormwhole he took sent him face to face with Kil'jaeden the Deciever. The Warpseer was lobotomised and his spirit encased within a highly-advanced Legion device called the Frozen Throne. The Dreadlords, elite agents of the Legion, were sent to monitor the Warpseer's soul as it was tasked to create a force powerful enough to sweep through the lands of Azeroth and lay waste to the natives. Ner'zhul's efforts created the Unificators, but secretly, his spirit managed to find a loophole through the Frozen Throne's AI. He sent telepathic messages forth so as to create sleeper agent within the Unificator cult that would enable his freedom from the Legion.

The premise of the Unificators is that they use souls as fuel. The Cult acquires souls from its fanatics, some of which are psychics. Thos specific characters are trained as Dominators to control the masses more effectively and thus strengthen the Cult. Soul Cubes are specially designed to hold and process the souls that fanatics willingly, or 'willingly', part with.

I personally wanted to play around with the idea of a third pseudo-resource, and so the Soul Cube embodied that role. To make them usable across the entire Unificator army, there are 3 mechanics that they use: Docking, Soul Transferal and Piloting.

With Docking, the Soul Cube can dock onto buildings in the same way Acolytes dock onto Haunted Gold Mines. This process is completely custom-made and can be controlled however I want to. In the case of the Spirit Well, Docking Soul Cubes onto it will allow it to regenerate mana faster. This is necessary sometimes because Unificator buildings need mana to not lose health and ultimately expire - but they also use mana as a shield. A Unificator building that gets damaged will progressively lose damage resistance - so having a Spirit Well nearby transfer large amounts of mana back into it help maintain it's damage reduction.

Soul Transferal is your basic method of unit production. Frabricators and Advanced Fabricators will automatically generate Empty Husks for you free of charge, and you must sacrifice Soul Cubes on those Empty Husks to upgrade them to various forms. Once an Empty Husk is fed 2 Cubes, it morphs into it's basic form. An additional Cube morphs it into it's advanced form. Ordering a morphed Husk will charge you the relevant amount of lumber and will activate the Husk.

The Spire is a strong support unit that is mostly a proxy for Cubes. Cubes can load up into the Spire, which the Soul Projector can then use as fuel for its spells. It was meant for the Projector to have the same Soul Transfer ability as the Soul Cube, but I ran out of time... Also, currently the Spire is bugged where it creates two Projectors. It shouldn't. I hate everything.

Piloting, for Soul Cubes specifically, serves two roles: one is to allow the Cubes to empower Bane Chariots (siege units) and Annihilators (crowd control) to make them stronger, and the other is to allow the Cubes to travel alongside your army safely so that you can use them as fuel to resurrect some fallen Husks. This fallen Husk mechanic is called the Immortality Protocol, and it allows you to revive Husks by sacrificing your Soul Cubes. The number of Soul Cubes required is the same amount it took to create them in the first place, but you are not charged any lumber, which make this a more cost-effective way of maintaining an army. It also follows the Undead theme as being an army that never dies.

Piloting is also available to the Dominators and Mechaweavers, the caster units of the Unificators. As we wanted to keep the mechanics similar to those already introduced (aka Soul Transference) we thought having existing units assume new roles would make for an interesting take, and so the casters were given the ability to Pilot Bane Chariots and Annihilators. We wanted to make the Piloting mutually exclusive, aka, if you allow the Dominator to Pilot the Chariot, the Mechaweaver would not be able to. Without this restriction, the total number of units goes up to 14, so limiting the Piloting would have sut the number down nicely to 12.

As far as the Nerubians are concerned, the same thing happens to them as it happened in vanilla wc3, but the difference here is that we made the Nerubians into mechanics, given the Unificator's focus on mechanical units. Vanilla Nerubians did have a penchant for intellectual works, after all, so it wasn't too far a stretch to place them into the Mechaweaver role.

A final bit of note, for the sake of balance, the Husks (Battle Husks, Scourge Husks, Disruptor Husks and Predator Husks) are all Organic. We explain it away in the lore by saying they are a mixture of machine and undead flesh. The flesh part makes them vulnerable to magic.

@Retera Holy cow, flying cows!

@GhostThruster Ah, a shame. I'll keep and eye out for when you release your map though. I'm very curious to see this Undead race you cooked up.

Last edited:
@xYours Trulyx:
I've located a random D.W.A.R.F unit in the map that you didn't remove

Thanks for the notification. I've removed the random hero.

@Spellbound and @Astaroth Zion : You're joint map seems fun. Can't wait to play it once I took care of my chores. Also will try to play @Retera 's

EDIT: The Unificators are slightly unbalanced. I'm having trouble trying to get my units done by the right time since Soul Cubes probably has doubled the time of an average building to be proceeded,because it needs to focus energies first. It is also VERY time consuming to have the main units,Battle Husks,starts at 1 health and need to regenerate first. At least make it ranged so the hero can tank. Seriously,I used the Deforestors instead as basic melee units because of their fast attack rate. Come to think of it,Deforestors doesn't respawn either. PLEASE fix the building tooltips and descriptions. I dun even know what's the purpose of some buildings like the Spectral Core. And I panic like hell when I upgraded all of my Soul Well to the defense building,since it doesnt,I repeat, DOESN'T regenerate my buildings' mana, and I was not able to save my buildings in time,thus I quit. This is because the defense tower upgrade description doesn't say something like "Upgrading to Wraith Well will remove the ability of regenerating nearby Unificator buildings' mana."

Like I said, I didn't have time to update the tooltips before the deadline. I will get back to the map later to fix things, especially when it comes to the tooltips.

As far as the build times are concerned, the Unificator buildings themselves are supposed to take very little time to build. Maybe I forgot to set the proper build times on each. Will investigate.
Husks shouldn't start at 1 health... will investigate. Also Deforesters shouldn't be selectable.

Thanks for all the feedback @xYours Trulyx I'll apply fixes when I can.

Thanks for all the feedback @xYours Trulyx I'll apply fixes when I can.

No problem. Thanks for the rep :) (Haven't received any for a while,so I appreciate that)
Also, Deforestors doesn't auto-harvest wood when they appear,so I suggest fixing that. I got 2 Deforestors for each Logging Station. One after construction begins and an other one after construction finishes. I dunno if this is a bug but I think this is a useful one.

Updated my entry:
- Changed 'Heavy Turret' armor type to Fortified
- Buffs Mightheart's ult ability.

Okay, so I do hope this submission is still viable, but I went back and changed the tooltips and icons and now things should actually tell you what they do. As far as fixes go, I got rid of the duplication bug and now you can't select your Deforester anymore. I've tried to address all concerns @xYours Trulyx had.

I will make a full official pretty-post for the submission soon. But for now I need to sleep.

EDIT: Fixed more things, and the Hardware Forge (shop) actually does something now.

Attachments

• THW.TC11.Unificators.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.