• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

TechTree Contest #11 - Techno-Magic[Optionally Paired]

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP 1: assigned them all various models. textures aint final

Attachments

• cyberscourge1.png
    cyberscourge1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 228
Level 16
After like 2 weeks of brainstorming with my brother i came to the final conclussion than an iron horde themed race doesn't fit. It just simply lacks the technological site, so the new idea is Chief Gazlowe Goblin-Horde Engineering Taskforce in shortcut : G.H.E.T.

Last edited:
a query: are you allowed to replace existing default elements?

for example, i want my race to have a custom blight system, but without using the default undead blight it'd be an annoying process to code (e.g. have to account for dispel abilities, buildings being constructed on top etc.)
i also use skins that will affect melee races' unit appearances. is this okay or do i have to import a duplicate of models that exist in-game?

a query: are you allowed to replace existing default elements?

for example, i want my race to have a custom blight system, but without using the default undead blight it'd be an annoying process to code (e.g. have to account for dispel abilities, buildings being constructed on top etc.)
i also use skins that will affect melee races' unit appearances. is this okay or do i have to import a duplicate of models that exist in-game?
  • The map's terrain may not be edited. The current four melee races may not be edited; copy and paste the default units you are about to edit.
This refers to the actual units/abilities/upgrades in the editor, not the skins applied to them - at least that is how I read it. Go ahead.

finalised all non-hero unit models: see attached png.

from bottom to top, left to right:
  1. Servitor - worker
  2. Artificer - summoner
  3. Skeletoid Soldier - T1 melee
  4. Cyber Fiend - T1 ranged
  5. Stygian Cannon - T2 artillery siege
  6. Cryptomancer - support caster
  7. Necromachinist (previously Spectre) - stealth/disabler caster
  8. Aberration - T2 melee siege
  9. Bionic Lurker (previously Cyber Lurker) - unique T3 melee unit, spawns offspring
  10. Stygian Goliath - T3 tank/DPS that is morphed from Stygian Cannons
  11. Skeletoid Wyrm - T2 spell immune flying unit that can slow enemies (previously had a dispel ability)
  12. Carrion Pest - T2 anti-air unit
  13. Obsidian Barge - T2 flying support unit
all units still produced from same buildings as outlined in Tech Tree Contest #11 - Techno-Magic (Optionally Paired). some unit names and roles have been slightly changed since

Attachments

• wip2.png
    wip2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
this thread's gone real dark... now to try to incite some discussion, info on the finished heroes (left to right, italic = lore):

Eradicator: agility hero that excels at dealing burst damage whilst staying alive himself. Most similar hero: closest is Warden (though it's a stretch)

Simultaneously empowered and held hostage by their Stygian cybernetics, these former Nathrezim have become unwilling lieutenants of the Lich King. Now they are but relentless cyborgs bent on eradicating any that stand in Ner'zhul's way.
  • Dark Transfusion - deals damage to a target enemy unit, and returns half the damage amount to the caster's HP
  • Malefic Burst - sacrifices a target friendly unit, dealing area-of-effect damage proportionate to the sacrificed unit's HP
  • Eradication Aura - reduces the armour of nearby enemy units, and spreads Cyber Taint when a nearby enemy unit is killed
  • Stygian Overload - grants the Eradicator bonus movement speed and attack damage, as well as a life steal effect to his attacks. Lasts X seconds

Cyber Tyrant: intelligence hero that boasts strong tanking potential (high strength & armour), providing offensive and defensive support. Most similar hero: Tinker

The most prodigious Cryptomancers are hand-chosen by the Lich King to become the dreaded Cyber Tyrants. Fused into giant cybernetic carapaces, they lead the Cyber Scourge's assault on Azeroth with malevolent ingenuity.
  • Assemble Turret - summons a mechanical Turret at a target location. Lasts X seconds, attacks land and air units
  • Nanite Swarm - spawns a swarm of Nanites that leech life off nearby enemies and grants it to the Tyrant. Lasts X seconds
  • Cybernetic Aura - grants bonus HP regeneration to nearby mechanical units, and spawns Skeletoid Minions when nearby allied units are killed
  • Manufactory - summons a Manufactory at the target location, which periodically spawns powerful Cyber Beetles that attack nearby units. Lasts X seconds

Skeletoid Lich
: intelligence hero that provides control and support capabilities. Most similar hero: Blood Mage

Unlike the usual masses of mechanical minions, Skeletoid Liches possess an intellect unrivaled in insidiousness that has led them to be regarded as one of the most dangerous forces at the Cyber Scourge's disposal.
  • Necrollurgic Flux - channeling spell that heals mechanical units in an area-of-effect, while damaging organic units
  • Cryostasis - encases target unit in a block of ice, disabling it for X seconds. When the ice encasing expires or is dispelled, nearby enemies are hit by a cold effect
  • Energy Sapper - channeling spell, summons a device that saps mana from nearby enemy casters in an area-of-effect. The spell can be interrupted by stunning the caster or destroying the Energy Sapper device
  • Skeletoid Reanimation - spawns, at maximum, four Skeletoid Lictors from nearby corpses. Lasts X seconds, attacks land and air units

Attachments

• csheroes.png
    csheroes.png
    606.8 KB · Views: 102

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Discussion Officially Incited.

I love the word "Manufactory" for an Ultimate; verah noice. I feel like the aesthetic is a little bit heavy (like WH40K-heavy) (e.g. "Dark Transfusion"? What's wrong with just "Transfusion"?). Just my thoughts.

this thread's gone real dark... now to try to incite some discussion, info on the finished heroes (left to right, italic = lore):

Eradicator: agility hero that excels at dealing burst damage whilst staying alive himself. Most similar hero: closest is Warden (though it's a stretch)

Simultaneously empowered and held hostage by their Stygian cybernetics, these former Nathrezim have become unwilling lieutenants of the Lich King. Now they are but relentless cyborgs bent on eradicating any that stand in Ner'zhul's way.
  • Dark Transfusion - deals damage to a target enemy unit, and returns half the damage amount to the caster's HP
  • Malefic Burst - sacrifices a target friendly unit, dealing area-of-effect damage proportionate to the sacrificed unit's HP
  • Eradication Aura - reduces the armour of nearby enemy units, and spreads Cyber Taint when a nearby enemy unit is killed
  • Stygian Overload - grants the Eradicator bonus movement speed and attack damage, as well as a life steal effect to his attacks. Lasts X seconds

Cyber Tyrant: intelligence hero that boasts strong tanking potential (high strength & armour), providing offensive and defensive support. Most similar hero: Tinker

The most prodigious Cryptomancers are hand-chosen by the Lich King to become the dreaded Cyber Tyrants. Fused into giant cybernetic carapaces, they lead the Cyber Scourge's assault on Azeroth with malevolent ingenuity.
  • Assemble Turret - summons a mechanical Turret at a target location. Lasts X seconds, attacks land and air units
  • Nanite Swarm - spawns a swarm of Nanites that leech life off nearby enemies and grants it to the Tyrant. Lasts X seconds
  • Cybernetic Aura - grants bonus HP regeneration to nearby mechanical units, and spawns Skeletoid Minions when nearby allied units are killed
  • Manufactory - summons a Manufactory at the target location, which periodically spawns powerful Cyber Beetles that attack nearby units. Lasts X seconds

Skeletoid Lich
: intelligence hero that provides control and support capabilities. Most similar hero: Blood Mage

Unlike the usual masses of mechanical minions, Skeletoid Liches possess an intellect unrivaled in insidiousness that has led them to be regarded as one of the most dangerous forces at the Cyber Scourge's disposal.
  • Necrollurgic Flux - channeling spell that heals mechanical units in an area-of-effect, while damaging organic units
  • Cryostasis - encases target unit in a block of ice, disabling it for X seconds. When the ice encasing expires or is dispelled, nearby enemies are hit by a cold effect
  • Energy Sapper - channeling spell, summons a device that saps mana from nearby enemy casters in an area-of-effect. The spell can be interrupted by stunning the caster or destroying the Energy Sapper device
  • Skeletoid Reanimation - spawns, at maximum, four Skeletoid Lictors from nearby corpses. Lasts X seconds, attacks land and air units

I love that you've written lore, it shows me that you're thinking this through.

That said please understand that anything other than what is ingame as a functional part of the race will not be considered in judging.

Discussion Officially Incited.

I love the word "Manufactory" for an Ultimate; verah noice. I feel like the aesthetic is a little bit heavy (like WH40K-heavy) (e.g. "Dark Transfusion"? What's wrong with just "Transfusion"?). Just my thoughts.
haha well a lot of the 'heaviness' comes from me being unable to think of words that fit the theme without an adjective in front of it. (see: "Grim Factory", "Cyber Mausoleum" etc.)
see before i thought of 'Transfusion', the placeholder name for the ability was 'Dark Conversion' but only recently did i change it. the 'Dark' is an artifact of the name change, which now that you've brought it to light, is a bit unnecessary :p thanks!

edit: but i've now re-remembered the reason why i didn't get rid of 'Dark' - the ultimate's planned hotkey was already 'T'

I love that you've written lore, it shows me that you're thinking this through.

That said please understand that anything other than what is ingame as a functional part of the race will not be considered in judging.
ofc, the lore is just a side bonus that i didn't spend more than 5 minutes on xD

sneak peak at the upgraded form of the Metalopolis (town hall building for my race).

thank god for ujimasa hojo's demon buildings being wrapped in only one or two textures, otherwise i'd have to make like 11 different skins (one per building).
feedback on the skin is appreciated, though it's not quite final yet - i plan to add a dash of colour to certain bits, and maybe give it some more grit.

Attachments

• metalopolis.png
    metalopolis.png
    409.6 KB · Views: 112
Level 16
I'm currently working 11-13 hour shifts from monday to saturday but i'm halfway trough i think later today i'm gonna show some progress.

I will try to accomplish my entry ASAP because the more I wait,the more lazy I get. So here's a WIP to make you know that I'm still in this.Nothing much,just some Town Hall and Heroes. I convert the yellowish color of the SteamTank texture to gray,and, even with my limited art skills,I was able to make it look good.

Attachments

• Heroes And TownHall.png
    Heroes And TownHall.png
    404.2 KB · Views: 73
Level 12
Here's the Link
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Development News
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done with the development of my race and I'm ready to Post it tomorrow

Last edited:
Level 16
So i'm also uploading some stuff.
Im coming quite nice with the overall work as the tier 1 units are basically finished, and i have tier 2 and tier 3 completly planned.

Attachments

• (6)JungleFever GHET.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 53
  • dg.png
    dg.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 145
Level 16
Yeah, yeah i'll share. I have the first AND the updated version. Dunno whats the difference but nonetheless i have 'em.

woahWoahWOahWOAhWOAHWOAHWAOH

Hold up.

That's Mc!'s Mecha Goblin... The non-Fel Mecha Goblin... The now-corrupted, years-lost non-Fel Mecha Goblin

Please tell me that is not Photoshop. And then THANK YOU.

I've had it forever? Assuming it's ok I can attach it here for you? Or upload it to the database?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Yeah, yeah i'll share. I have the first AND the updated version. Dunno whats the difference but nonetheless i have 'em.
(Well, it's a little late; you've uploaded it so it's out now : P)

I greatly appreciate it (wait, what updated version?). As you can see here, I've uploaded it & credited it to you for the benefit of the masses.

Kam said:
I've had it forever? Assuming it's ok I can attach it here for you? Or upload it to the database?
o_O

I mean, it's not like I was super-dedicated; I may have hunted down Mc! over at the Civ4 forums, but I didn't bother/think to check/PM with all the people in the thread that seemed to have it (yourself included), but... YEAH THAT WOULD'VE BEEN NICE. :<

: P Jeez. It's funny to me how these things fold out.

Well, as you can see it's all taken care of. I don't know if it needs a whole 'resource' submission (but then again, why not, he said "do whatever with credits"), but when stuff like this happens (resources lost that were uploaded), I always figure it's part of the Greater Good to hunt it down & bring it back home.

Anyway, carry on with your Contest. xD

Level 12
Release for my Race

Here's the race. Retro Alliance:

Short Lore:
After the Defeat of the Orcs during the invasion of Lordaeron. The Alliance remained strong even with the elves thinking that If they were on their own, Silvermoon would've been left unscathed (Which is not true) and the Riots of the New Horde. They've began to develop new technologies incluiding: Smokeless powder, more advanced tanks, Archi-Magitech (Magic, Technology and Architecture) Titanic Golems, Mobile towers, Advanced Aircraft and a more streamlined industry that doesn't affect nature as the Elves themselves requested that the Industrialization don't affect Nature.

Models - Units:
Battlemage (BlackSunElementalist) - Himperion
Chaplain (Light Reaver) - reflex
PrometheusTitan (TheBlackRook) - -Grendel, BlackRangerXIII
Shocktrooper (stromwindfootman) - takakenji
WorkerCivilDefender (BanditPeasant) - Ujimasa Hojo
MortarTrike (dwarfbike) - HoS team
Orca (GnomishOrca) - KINGGOLDrus
Monitor Skyship (GilneasGunship) - Mephestrial

Models - Heroes:
HeroGeneral (Anduin Lothar) - Tauer (BlackRangerXIII Edit)
HeroMasterRanger (SylvanusWindrunner V2.02) - Ujimasa Hojo, JesusHipster
HeroWarmage (BloodMage) - Direfury
HeroExperimentalTank () - (Canceled Hero)

Models - Buildings:
AltarOfLight (AltarOfTheLight) - Rise of the Lich King Team
ArcaneSpire (Tower_Of_Arcane) - Galendor Crail (Translated Name from "Галендор Крэйл")
Barracks (GilnesBarracks) - NilasAran_39, Mike
CityHallFortCitadel (HumanCitadel) - Rise of the Lich King Team
Foundry (TCWorkshop) - EagleXI
Industrial Grain Mill (WindMill) - Rise of the Lich King Team
ItemMarket (Human Market) - NilasAran_39
ManufacturingPlant (HumanBlacksmith) - Rise of the Lich King Team
Skyport (HumanAviary) - Ujimasa Hojo, JesusHipster
TheiaTitan (WhiteRook) - Epsilon, Himperion

Effects:
ExtraLightningEffects (Persistent Beam v3.1) - Spellbound
HowlOfWarCaster\Target (Battle Cry\Battle Cry Buff) - Infrisios
SnowyBlizzardTarget (Blizzard Alternate 1.2.1) - Unknown
FreezingField(Blizzard Alternate 1.2.1) - Unknown
Great Lightning (DDUniversalSpellpack) - Unknown

Textures:
HeroMasterRanger (Texture: BloodElfRanger_by67chrome.blp) - 67chrome

Icons:
BTNArcaneBarrage (BTN_StarBlast) - Hellx-Magnus
BTNArcaneMissile (BTNThunderspark) - Darkfang
BTNArcaneSpire (BTNTower_Of_Arcane) - Galendor Crail (Translated Name from "Галендор Крэйл")
UPGBattlemage (BTNCharm2/BTNCharm3) - Praytic (Conversion: BlackRangerXIII)
UPGChaplain (BTNBrilliance2/BTNBrilliance3) - Praytic (Conversion: BlackRangerXIII)
BTNChaplainDefend (BTNDefend3) - Praytic
BTNCommandAura (BTNRetriAura) - morbent
BTNFinalStand (BTNstrength) - PeeKay
BTNFrostStrike (BTNGlacierBlades) - -Berz-, Blizzard
BTNHeroMasterRanger (BTNBloodElvenRanger) - 67chrome
SSCHeroMasterRanger (SSCBloodElvenRanger) - 67chrome, BlackRangerXIII
BTNHowlOfWar (BTNWarcry) - CrazyRussian
BTNPrometheusTaunt (BTNironfist) - zbc
BTNRainOfArrow (BTNArrowShower) - The Panda
BTNShadowmeld (BTNShadowDisguise) - Darkfang
BTNSpiritBurn (ArcaneField) - Eldin HawkWing
BTNTheiaTitan (BTNwhiterookBYepsilon) - Epsilon
BTNTheiaMorphUproot (BTNTheiaMorphUproot) - Wisdom
BTNTheiaMorphRoot (BTNTheiaMorphRoot) - Wisdom

Other Icons (Made with Screenshots) - BlackRangerXIII

Spells:
Impact Wave v1.2 - Empirean
Frost Arrows v.1.01 - IBornForThis100
Rain of Arrows v1.01 - scorpion182
Arcane Mage Spellpack 2.0 - Darkyvm
Blizzard Alternative v1.2.1 - BPower

Systems:
GUI Damage Engine v3.6.0.1 - Bribe
GUI Unit Indexer 1.2.0.2 - Bribe
Persistent Beam v3.1 - Spellbound
Void Ray v1.4 - Spellbound
Intuitive Damage System - Rising Dusk
XE system - Vexorian
RegisterPlayerUnitEvent - Magtheridon96
TimerUtils - Vexorian
BoundSentinel - Vexorian
SimError - Vexorian
ParabolicMovement - Moyack, Spec
Table - Bribe
CTL - Bribe
SpellEffectEvent - Bribe
Custom Race System - Archmage Owenalacaster

No screenshots because I want secret with the Techtree

Version 1.0.0:

1. First Release with all races
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.0.1
1-Additions:
  1. Script used by "Prometheus Titan (Upgraded)" to fix an issue
2-Fixes:
  1. Fixed Multiple Hero Issue (Thanks Jokemaster)
  2. Fixed "Prometheus Titan (Upgraded)" being Trainable before Storm Hammers Upgrade is researched
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 1.1.0:
1-Additions:
  1. Removed "House" from the race's techtree (Reason: Too Equal with the Human "Farm")
  2. Added "Industrial Grain mill" - It is more expensive but it can provide 16 food per Mill
  3. Added "Lumberjack" - "Fort" Tier Unit capable of collecting 50 wood per run.
  4. New Icons for "Improved Resource Harvesting"
Version 1.1.1:
1-Fixes
  1. Fixed "Inner Fire" research requirements - now it properly requires "Chaplain Missionary Training" (Thanks Alok)
  2. Removed the Vanilla "Flare" Research from "Flare" (Thanks Alok)
  3. Fixed "Master Ranger" being able to get it's ultimate "Rain of Arrows" at Level 1 - Now it requires Level 6 to acquire it. (Thanks Alok)
Version 1.1.2
1-Fixes
  1. Small fix to the "Industrial Grain Mill Pathing map - It has the pathing map of the Altar type Buildings
Version 1.1.3
1-Additions
  1. Removed "Missile Barrage" from "Monitor Skyship" - It wasn't causing damage
  2. Removed "Missile Barrage" Research from Skyport
2-Balance
  1. Buffed "Monitor Skyship" - from 25 attack to 100 attack
  2. Buffed "Multitargeting" - from 25 attack per unit, a max of 625 damage and a max of 9 targets to 100 attack per unit, a max of 1100 damage and a max of 11 targets

Attachments

• (6)THW.TC11.RetroAlliance.w3x
    3.6 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Level 16
You have a few small errors
1- you dont need town hall tier 2 for another hero
2- the str hero firewave ability requires to target a tree sometimes ( wut?)

Level 16
What's bugged? Please be precise.
Also i've got the feeling your race is quite op but maybe thats the work of those gunners :p

Level 16
Here, catch this map has the heroes issues fixed.Also check the constants.

Attachments

• Horda v0.04.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
Level 16
Try out enderal if you still havent it's great.
Ontopic is giving every unit an ability considered op? Also may i surpass the 12 standard unit limit or better not?

Status
Not open for further replies.