• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #16 - Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
Sure, lol, its based off of a vanilla ability but I can't remember the name of it jn.

1-The protection bit refers to the teleporting them out of harm's way or at least that's how I see it considering that's probably how it'll be used :)

2-Well I got the idea from trying to create an equivalent to the staff of preservation or staff of sanctuary from the Human and Night Elf, so I thought I'd make a unit ability version with a triggered heal over time so it works like SoS except doesn't immobilize the unit. Since its a unit ability it could be a bit too powerful so it requires master upgrade, has a long cooldown and high mana cost which I think balances it out as well as not being usable on Heroes since two of the Heroes already have good escape potential.

3-I'm not sure how effective such a buff would be since the unit wouldn't be getting teleported into combat unless your base was under attack. Its more to be used when you're out of your base fighting the enemy to save your low hp units and then by the time they return to the frontline have recovered their hp :)

4-Although I do appreciate the feedback and suggestions, I'll be sure to give you my thoughts about your race as it develops. I tried to write reviews for all the entries to the previous contest so I'll try and do the same again.

1- yeah is just like to me protection I want to feel protected not teleported, from damage, thats why I sugested you something it will protect you during combat.
in starcraft 2, the shakuras dark templar die and resurrect at the dark shrine. 2 mins coldown,
but thats for the campaign not melee,
I like the teleport idea, just maybe re-name the spell to,
Magic Retreat, Shammanic Portal, Magic Heartstone (wow thing), Arcane Recall, Holy blink

2- nice idea, I was fearing how it works I mean, wich towhall in triggers? ah so is the staff ok, clever
3- in wow, there is a shield wich you cast to others, as paladin, and it gives a lot of damage reduction such that even a unit a 30 hp percent it will hold, such spell is used to protect those who carry flags.
4- that would be great, just tellin 0 Jass it makes my editor crash (unless I use WEX or the 1.31 editor wich also has crash risk, the 1.31 is my race system sort tool for the last momment), GUI I like it, my strong point is, I know many games, so I can pull some creative stuff somehow,

1-This really captures the true essence of what a fan-based community's contest scene should be about - working together to try and create the best content we're capable of while helping out the competition.

2-That skin error with the dragons seems weird. Did you import something in that path at all?

1-ah great

2-yes, for the triclyde model

upload_2020-10-26_12-37-26.png

but with that blp it should look like this:
Triclyde
upload_2020-10-26_12-42-46.png

and it looks like this:

also usually when the blp fails you get the green cube as bug.

upload_2020-10-26_12-44-8.png

well I think an interesting try would be to delete the blp, and put it again and see what happens,gonna do that.

edit:fixed, by fortune the model works without using the blp file.
I followed the "how to import this model" to the letter with the blp file.

upload_2020-10-26_13-25-28.png

@Wazzz thanks for the hint, that helped me to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Level 35
1- yeah is just like to me protection I want to feel protected not teleported, from damage, thats why I sugested you something it will protect you during combat.
in starcraft 2, the shakuras dark templar die and resurrect at the dark shrine. 2 mins coldown,
but thats for the campaign not melee,
I like the teleport idea, just maybe re-name the spell to,
Magic Retreat, Shammanic Portal, Magic Heartstone (wow thing), Arcane Recall, Holy blink

2- nice idea, I was fearing how it works I mean, wich towhall in triggers? ah so is the staff ok, clever
3- in wow, there is a shield wich you cast to others, as paladin, and it gives a lot of damage reduction such that even a unit a 30 hp percent it will hold, such spell is used to protect those who carry flags.
4- that would be great, just tellin 0 Jass it makes my editor crash (unless I use WEX or the 1.31 editor wich also has crash risk, the 1.31 is my race system sort tool for the last momment), GUI I like it, my strong point is, I know many games, so I can pull some creative stuff somehow,

1-ah great

2-yes, for the triclyde model

View attachment 366945

but with that blp it should look like this:
Triclyde
View attachment 366946

and it looks like this:

also usually when the blp fails you get the green cube as bug.

View attachment 366947

well I think an interesting try would be to delete the blp, and put it again and see what happens,gonna do that.

edit:fixed, by fortune the model works without using the blp file.
I followed the "how to import this model" to the letter with the blp file.

View attachment 366951
@Wazzz thanks for the hint, that helped me to fix the problem.

No problem, seems weird that the texture itself was having trouble like that but good to see it got fixed :)

Level 29
upload_2020-10-27_9-7-16.png

the wood harvesters lair, aka drakes lumber mill
summoned units, spawns 2 units with dragon shape, lumber skill,,
adv; wood harvester are air units, good wood rate
cons:but with only 2 units you have to build this building 3 times or 4.
cons: micro, after summoned units dissapear need to re-cast, a message informs you the need of recast.
adv: lumber units spawn instantly, and cost mana energy of the building
cons: units are weak, very low hp.

cons:farms will be upgraded for more pupulation, 3 +4 = 7 so upgrade is recommended
adv; tier 1 melee and tier 1 ranged trained in different buildings, more army production

Entries are looking quite promising so far. Currently, I've just managed to finish a custom aura system (that took a better part of my time allowing it to have infinitely stacking behavior, and then not using it), so that the monastery can provide some passive karma regeneration.

upload_2020-10-27_22-16-38.png

New Additions:
  • Karma - a new attribute (normally exclusive to the Acolytes of Nirvana) that has an effect on how certain abilities will behave. (Other units do not have this attribute UNTIL they kill a unit belonging to the Acolytes of Nirvana).

• Veda Guru - A pacific Tier 1 ranged unit with pathetic attack damage, but whose total hitpoints makes it a far chunkier version of an archer. (725 hp) Can learn Karmic Balance and Pacific Conversion.

• Harmonic Flow - An active ability that restores good karma to nearby allied units, healing them instead if they are unaffected by karma.
Harmonic Flow Icon:
WC3ScrnShot_102720_222353_01.png

Edit:
Due to the introduction of Karma, the interactions had with Negative Karmic Essence have changed a bit.

Now, Negative Karmic Essence deals additional damage based on your negative karma, and reduced damage otherwise. When attacking a unit while having negative karma, Negative Karmic Essence is immediately applied.

Last edited:
Entries are looking quite promising so far. Currently, I've just managed to finish a custom aura system (that took a better part of my time allowing it to have infinitely stacking behavior, and then not using it), so that the monastery can provide some passive karma regeneration.

View attachment 366992

New Additions:
  • Karma - a new attribute (normally exclusive to the Acolytes of Nirvana) that has an effect on how certain abilities will behave.
    (Other units do not have this attribute UNTIL they kill a unit belonging to the Acolytes of Nirvana).

• Veda Guru - A pacific Tier 1 ranged unit with pathetic attack damage, but whose total hitpoints makes it a far chunkier version of an archer. (725 hp) Can learn Karmic Balance and Pacific Conversion.

• Harmonic Flow - An active ability that restores good karma to nearby allied units, healing them instead if they are unaffected by karma.
Harmonic Flow Icon:
View attachment 366993

Your minimap looks a little different to mine, trees are white on mine. As for the units and systems, they sound very interesting, I'll be keen to see what this looks like in-game.

Level 24

A W.I.P screenshot of the Earthen Ring. I still have a lot of work to do so I don't have much to show, aha.
Neat! I had a similar idea for harvesting (including the lightning effect and all).

--

I hope to be able to post a first WIP soon(tm). I have a general albeit vague idea so far, but actual work in the world editor remains steady at zero so far. This theme has proven incredibly difficult for me to interpret and execute.

Level 29
@WolfFarkas have you tried restarting the editor?

yes, and restarting the computer. still that saurid blp is not what I want so, I wont use it,

View attachment 366992

New Additions:
  • Karma - a new attribute (normally exclusive to the Acolytes of Nirvana) that has an effect on how certain abilities will behave. (Other units do not have this attribute UNTIL they kill a unit belonging to the Acolytes of Nirvana).

Harmonic Flow Icon:
View attachment 366993

Edit:
Due to the introduction of Karma, the interactions had with Negative Karmic Essence have changed a bit.

Now, Negative Karmic Essence deals additional damage based on your negative karma, and reduced damage otherwise. When attacking a unit while having negative karma, Negative Karmic Essence is immediately applied.

next step, go for chakra skills, I really like your theme, in AoE3 there was shaolin temples, the indian civilization, the good thing is you have a lot of concepts to exploit.

A W.I.P screenshot of the Earthen Ring. I still have a lot of work to do so I don't have much to show, aha.

I really like that townhall ligthing harvest idea and your buildings models selection

Neat! I had a similar idea for harvesting (including the lightning effect and all).

--

I hope to be able to post a first WIP soon(tm). I have a general albeit vague idea so far, but actual work in the world editor remains steady at zero so far. This theme has proven incredibly difficult for me to interpret and execute.
this theme is very hard if you are not inspired with a strong concept,in my case I got inspired by reading icewind dale character lore,
is easy to fall in a narrow trap like holy faithfull paladins and then design like 40 holy skills can be saturating, (unless you have a lot of wow lore)

buildings models,
upload_2020-10-28_9-51-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-28_9-43-52.png
    upload_2020-10-28_9-43-52.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
Right guys, thought I'd make a quick wee video for my next WiP. Its just me talking about the race, first video I've ever made to be quite honest and it took me about 6 tries to get it to work.

The mic quality is awful because.... I don't actually have a proper mic and was using my earphones so apologies in advance. Hope yous enjoy!

Level 27
I've managed to get some time and work a bit on my entry. For now, I've added 2 new units, which will be the spellcasters of my race.

WIP2.PNG

BTNTrollHemomancer.png
HemomancerPrimary spellcaster. Can initially cast Transfusion. Can also learn Blood Pact and Hemoplague.
BTNTrollBloodsinger.png
BloodsingerOffensive spellcaster. Can initially cast Defile. Can also learn Null Ward and Gore Beast.

Level 29
Just stopping by to see how the contest progresses. All entries are looking great and very promising! Great job!
ty for the encourage, nice spellcasters ideas.

View attachment 367163

the easier part is already done now it's time for the harder one part

harder and longer longest part.

some adjustment
upload_2020-10-30_14-17-49.png

note: dragon lairs are build with a bronze whelp like wisp stuff.
you can summon 1 bronze whelp in the townhall, they can harvest wood but , they harvest less wood and they consume food. green whelps wont consume food and 2 in each lumber lair.
so you waste the first whelp in the lumber building, to gain 2
the rest of the buildings (not dragon lairs ) are build with normal peons.

Blue Wizzard, offensive spell caster

Runic Purge: purge spell single target + aoe damage
Nidhogg Curse: reduce armor, reduce speed, + 40 damage. autocast.
Blue Wind: abolish magic:
- dispells enemy positive buff
on friendly units dispels negative buff
- blue dragons gain +1.25 armor
- humanoids gain frost damage bonus
-, -20 health points in red dragons. (but abolish is abolish, a prize to pay)

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-30_14-15-6.png
    upload_2020-10-30_14-15-6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
  • upload_2020-10-30_14-21-44.png
    upload_2020-10-30_14-21-44.png
    651.9 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Level 17
units.png

some information about the cult: the cult will consist mostly of weak units, but their price will be low with a few exceptions. With that i want to achieve an effect like in diablo 3 the hero must kill a bunch of enemies.
now I present two units
1.Demon minion: standart units of cult and very vulnerable stats: 180 hp, 9 damage, but cost 95 gold and 1 food, ability: enraged: Demon minoin grant + 120 hp, +50% attack speed and 25% move speed, but he loses 8 hp every second until he dies.
2. Servant of Lillith: standart ranged units, stats. 265 hp, 12 damage, cost 132 gold and 5 woods, 2 food, ability: fast escape: Enable Servant of Lilith fly for 10 second. Ideal for changing the wrong position to the good position, but she cant attack in this mode.

Level 29
View attachment 367318

some information about the cult: the cult will consist mostly of weak units, but their price will be low with a few exceptions. With that i want to achieve an effect like in diablo 3 the hero must kill a bunch of enemies.
now I present two units
1.Demon minion: standart units of cult and very vulnerable stats: 180 hp, 9 damage, but cost 95 gold and 1 food, ability: enraged: Demon minoin grant + 120 hp, +50% attack speed and 25% move speed, but he loses 8 hp every second until he dies.
2. Servant of Lillith: standart ranged units, stats. 265 hp, 12 damage, cost 132 gold and 5 woods, 2 food, ability: fast escape: Enable Servant of Lilith fly for 10 second. Ideal for changing the wrong position to the good position, but she cant attack in this mode.

I like the concepts a lot.

1- sugestion: IM GBR III imperium III great battles of rome, cartaginese numid infantry has low hp, very cheap and has vengance, when the unit dies, deals 100 damage to killing unit. I sugest you to add such concept so it can be more powerfull IMO.
2- maybe add a cool air attack while is in the air, like ideal to counter air units, since is the ranged unit, so to counter air use that skill, IMO.

I also doing fly but for one of my dragon heroes, and with attack and goes down to the ground and war stomps the area when landing.

Another spell caster: Dragonshard Seer[

skills

Guidance: deals more damage to invisible and illusion units (NE with shadowmeld, BD with wind walk, burrowed UD, UD shadows, humes with invisibility buff,), this unit can detect invisible units,passive

Sky Sight: far sight spell is different depending on the time of day casted:
- less mana cost, less area sight, less time, during day,
-more mana cost, more area of sight, more time during night.

Ysera eyes: gain enemy unit vision.

another thing, for the dragon lairs healing, gonna use the burrow system so units will be healed inside the burrow. healing will be limited to 4 units at the same time.

edit: writting alll the progress with skills

Lair Guard TIER 1 melee
1) polearn: does more damage against massive units such abominations, mountain gigants, knights, kodo beasts, taurens, (massive custom units of dragon disciple race), druids only in bear form.
2) Vulcan strike: autocast, does more damage but reduce speed during a certain amount of time.
Red Spitfire Tier 1 ranged
-Burn: damage bonus against T1 infantry and siege units.
-Fire Frenzy: when life of the red spitfire is bellow... activates inmolation and spell reduction damage.
Sun Ballista T1 siege:
1) Sun strike: if unit has less than % of life, produce a death blow, dont work in heroes.
2) Magi shot: reduce the mana regeneration of an enemy unit for a certain amount of time. dont work in heroes
Blue drake tier 2 melee
1) Cold Retaliation: if a blue drake is killed by the enemy, all the rest of the blue drakes get their attack for a certain amount of time.
2) Frost shield: is a passive skill, the blue drake cast frost armor to it self, increasing armor and reducing enemy nerby speed, the skill turn on and off every... time set
Blue Wizard tier 2 offensive caster
Fire Adept tier 2 defensive caster
Burning Determination:increase damage and life regeneration of a single target depending on the target.
Red drakes: 15 secs
Humes: 10 secs
Blue drakes: 5 secs
Moleten shields: makes the unit invulnerable during 2 secs, and gives an evasion bonus depending on target
Red drakes: 15%
Blue drakes and humes: 10%
Ashen spirit: unit becomes eteral, cant attack but resets its cooldown skills and can continue casting possitive buffs
Dragon Shard Seer, scout, counter invisibility caster
Guidance: deals more damage to invisible and illusion units (NE with shadowmeld, BD with wind walk, burrowed UD, UD shadows, humes with invisibility buff,), this unit can detect invisible units,passive
Sky Whelp tier 2 anti air , air unit
Skin Toughness: increase health permanently after killing an enemy unit.
Icy reach: single target air unit, does damage to an air unit and also damage other 3 air units near.
Dragontine tier 2 anti land unit:
Fiery Retribution: if this unit is hit by a negative single target spell, unit attack get bonus effects.
Mounted Ranger tier2 ranged:
Dragonscale night bows:increase range and chance of bashing units only during night.
Hunting tactics: the more mounted ranger trained, better their attack and evasion.
Triheaded dragon tier 3 ranged siege unit.
Gold Ritual: Sacrifice the triheaded dragon to spawn many small tri-headed dragon, depending on gold, 1: 300, 2:700,3: 1100, ideal when triheaded dragon life is low,you can choose how much gold waste in get more minor units to turn the tide of battle.
Lernean Regeneration: triheaded dragon regeneration increase when it life is more and more lower.
Tri Attack Charge: first strike damage multiple targets, the attack is re-peated after some time.
Wyrm queen tier 3 air:
Empowered Artic Blast: single target cast, but also damage all enemy units in range.
Prey on: devours a small unit, dragon gains life regeneration while eating, but speed is reduced, effect ends when unit dies.
Sapphiron mage, intelligence hero:
Leech heat: drains health of an enemy unit and use that energy source to improve a random ally armor for a certain amount of time.
Frozen bolts: launchs 3 waves of bolts one after the other, doing aoe damage.
Azure Warding: increase mana and attack speed rate of friendly units.
Sky attack: units fly to the sky, gains evasion100 , attacks from air for few secs, lands and does aoe damage when landing.
Alexstraza Disciple
Fire souls: fire bolt base, while casting, fire souls are created and attacks target. Single target spell
Alexstraza Blessing: after killing an enemy unit, the hero gains reincarnation during a certain amount of time. Passive.
Magic Intensity: the caster makes the attack gradually increase +2 +4+6 during a period of time.
Master Summoning: this spell can be cast in 2 ways, low mana cost or huge mana cost, more mana means better the summoned dragon
Dragon King hero summoned unit of alexstraza disciple:
Revitalize follower: replenish hp and mana of a single unit
Sun offering: after killing 4 units, Dragon king can cast mayor revitalize.
Dragon Knight strong hero.
Healing ashes: heals the hero with a % of its max life.
Encourage Followers: boost the near humanoid followers only.
Pyro impact: damage nearby units with a 10% of their max life.
Fith Movment, after 4 consecutives attacks, smash the land doing aoe, damage, passive
Red Dragon hero
Talon grip: stuns enemy unit and grip it near the hero, is like dk death grip.
Dragon Dance: a very short bladestorm that increase hero damge and gradually reduce it over time.
Summon Red Whelp: passive, the summoning is automatic, red whelp has glare wich confuse enemy unit for a very very short time.
Volcano refuge: summons 2 volcanoes where red dragons, including the casting hero can get inside, regain some health, damage single target enemies, slow enemies and cuts their health regeneration.

Sun Glaive thrower, t2 siege
Longshot: does more damage to towers, the siege unit gets inmobiliced for few secs
Repair: self repair with wood cost.
Magic overload: decrese armor and spell resistance, increasing attack speed and movement speed.
Dragonhawk champion tier 3 melee:
Low Slam:, the unit is the missile itself, doing aoe damage, and the unit lands in the target.

note: this is the text diagram, not done in we yet.

status: skills defined (hurray!!!), writting the triggers, searching icons.
I like to think all the skills first and then design them fast with no thinking, I dont like to design 1 skill think, think, think then another and so on, ,

49 skills defined, all trigger gui enhanced, done
exhausted, a lot of time thinking skills during the days,
also when you finish 1 unit is hard to go to the next unit, is easy to get mind blocked.
this is the 3rd time participating in a tech tree contest, I never could get this far.

Last edited:
Level 13
Screenshot_15.png

Progress has been slow because I've been busy with school, but uhh... Here's the current unit roster without the elementals since I'm still working on em.

To progress your race, you must select one of four Elemental Lords to summon at the cost of resources, unlocking your next tier and enabling you to produce unique units based on the element of your choosing. Summoning an Elemental Lord will also provide a bunch of benefits that can suit your preferred play-style (increasing armor for buildings, increased mana regeneration, etc), and enable unique abilities and upgrades for certain unit types.
However you can only summon two Elemental Lords, one for Tier 2 and one for Tier 3.

Eventually you'll be able to summon the Elemental Lords themselves to give you an advantage.

Level 29
View attachment 367576

Progress has been slow because I've been busy with school, but uhh... Here's the current unit roster without the elementals since I'm still working on em.

To progress your race, you must select one of four Elemental Lords to summon at the cost of resources, unlocking your next tier and enabling you to produce unique units based on the element of your choosing. Summoning an Elemental Lord will also provide a bunch of benefits that can suit your preferred play-style (increasing armor for buildings, increased mana regeneration, etc), and enable unique abilities and upgrades for certain unit types.
However you can only summon two Elemental Lords, one for Tier 2 and one for Tier 3.

Eventually you'll be able to summon the Elemental Lords themselves to give you an advantage.

I was waiting a post to post my stuff and not double post

very interesting, picking element is very strong idea.
I like the troll raptors, the wolfs and the gigant Olifant.

about my teching, I plan to use this mechanich

you will have many options to pick free units and stuff when upgrading the stronghold
teching will be a bit more expensive
tier 1
1) 3 T1 melee 2) 2 Tower wagons to build towers for free 3) 2 T1 ranged
4) Crates with gold (a refund for teching)

tier 2
1) 3 spell casters 2) 2 T2 melee. 3) 1 T2 siege 4) Crates with gold
to keep the faith theme it will be like pray certain stuff.
pray the ice dragons, pray the fire dragons, pray golden dragons

I edited my post so there was no alarm, so well I put this again, if it was not seen before.

writting alll the progress with skills

Lair Guard TIER 1 melee
1) polearn: does more damage against massive units such abominations, mountain gigants, knights, kodo beasts, taurens, (massive custom units of dragon disciple race), druids only in bear form.
2) Vulcan strike: autocast, does more damage but reduce speed during a certain amount of time.
Red Spitfire Tier 1 ranged
-Burn: damage bonus against T1 infantry and siege units.
-Fire Frenzy: when life of the red spitfire is bellow... activates inmolation and spell reduction damage.
Sun Ballista T1 siege:
1) Sun strike: if unit has less than % of life, produce a death blow, dont work in heroes.
2) Magi shot: reduce the mana regeneration of an enemy unit for a certain amount of time. dont work in heroes
Blue drake tier 2 melee
1) Cold Retaliation: if a blue drake is killed by the enemy, all the rest of the blue drakes get their attack for a certain amount of time.
2) Frost shield: is a passive skill, the blue drake cast frost armor to it self, increasing armor and reducing enemy nerby speed, the skill turn on and off every... time set
Blue Wizard tier 2 offensive caster
Fire Adept tier 2 defensive caster
Burning Determination:increase damage and life regeneration of a single target depending on the target.
Red drakes: 15 secs
Humes: 10 secs
Blue drakes: 5 secs
Moleten shields: makes the unit invulnerable during 2 secs, and gives an evasion bonus depending on target
Red drakes: 15%
Blue drakes and humes: 10%
Ashen spirit: unit becomes eteral, cant attack but resets its cooldown skills and can continue casting possitive buffs
Dragon Shard Seer, scout, counter invisibility caster
Sky Whelp tier 2 anti air , air unit
Skin Toughness: increase health permanently after killing an enemy unit.
Icy reach: single target air unit, does damage to an air unit and also damage other 3 air units near.
Dragontine tier 2 anti land unit:
Fiery Retribution: if this unit is hit by a negative single target spell, unit attack get bonus effects.
Dragonscale night bows:increase range and chance of bashing units only during night.
Hunting tactics: the more mounted ranger trained, better their attack and evasion.
Triheaded dragon tier 3 ranged siege unit.
Gold Ritual: Sacrifice the triheaded dragon to spawn many small tri-headed dragon, depending on gold, 1: 300, 2:700,3: 1100, ideal when triheaded dragon life is low,you can choose how much gold waste in get more minor units to turn the tide of battle.
Lernean Regeneration: triheaded dragon regeneration increase when it life is more and more lower.
Tri Attack Charge: first strike damage multiple targets, the attack is re-peated after some time.
Wyrm queen tier 3 air:
Empowered Artic Blast: single target cast, but also damage all enemy units in range.
Prey on: devours a small unit, dragon gains life regeneration while eating, but speed is reduced, effect ends when unit dies.
Sapphiron mage, intelligence hero:
Leech heat: drains health of an enemy unit and use that energy source to improve a random ally armor for a certain amount of time.
Frozen bolts: launchs 3 waves of bolts one after the other, doing aoe damage.
Azure Warding: increase mana and attack speed rate of friendly units.
Sky attack: units fly to the sky, gains evasion100 , attacks from air for few secs, lands and does aoe damage when landing.
Alexstraza Disciple
Fire souls: fire bolt base, while casting, fire souls are created and attacks target. Single target spell
Alexstraza Blessing: after killing an enemy unit, the hero gains reincarnation during a certain amount of time. Passive.
Magic Intensity: the caster makes the attack gradually increase +2 +4+6 during a period of time.
Master Summoning: this spell can be cast in 2 ways, low mana cost or huge mana cost, more mana means better the summoned dragon
Dragon King hero summoned unit of alexstraza disciple:
Revitalize follower: replenish hp and mana of a single unit
Sun offering: after killing 4 units, Dragon king can cast mayor revitalize.
Dragon Knight strong hero.
Healing ashes: heals the hero with a % of its max life.
Encourage Followers: boost the near humanoid followers only.
Pyro impact: damage nearby units with a 10% of their max life.
Fith Movment, after 4 consecutives attacks, smash the land doing aoe, damage, passive
Red Dragon hero
Talon grip: stuns enemy unit and grip it near the hero, is like dk death grip.
Dragon Dance: a very short bladestorm that increase hero damge and gradually reduce it over time.
Summon Red Whelp: passive, the summoning is automatic, red whelp has glare wich confuse enemy unit for a very very short time.
Volcano refuge: summons 2 volcanoes where red dragons, including the casting hero can get inside, regain some health, damage single target enemies, slow enemies and cuts their health regeneration.

Sun Glaive thrower, t2 siege
Longshot: does more damage to towers, the siege unit gets inmobiliced for few secs
Repair: self repair with wood cost.
Magic overload: decrese armor and spell resistance, increasing attack speed and movement speed.
Dragonhawk champion tier 3 melee:
Low Slam:, the unit is the missile itself, doing aoe damage, and the unit lands in the target.

note: this is the text diagram, not done in we yet.

Last edited:
Level 29
It's been a busy 2 weeks, and I couldn't make some viable gameplay updates, so I'll just upload a spell icon WIP.

View attachment 367614

Icon: Chakra Inversion
Caster: Veda Guru
Spell:
Inverts the caster's karmic essence after a short delay. Does not interrupt orders.​

you are also designing the icons?, if the anwser is yes, thats impresive.

almost none progress this sunday. resting from mapping zzz
on the good thing, I got all the skill icons set.
and working on the upgrades.
I plan to have 2 towers, 1 guard tower, and an aura tower, aura tower aviable in Tier2. the 4 heroes, only 1 has aura, so the other aura goes in the tower.

Last edited:
Level 27
At a slow pace, but I've been making some progress in my entry. These two units are the last of the "basic units" of my faction.

WIP3.PNG

BTNAbility_mount_raptor.png
Jungle StalkerFierce raptor rider who gets stronger in groups. Has the Hunting Packs ability.
BTNSkyterror.png
SkyterrorVersatile flying unit. Good at scouting. Has the Hunting Packs ability.

Level 29
At a slow pace, but I've been making some progress in my entry. These two units are the last of the "basic units" of my faction.

View attachment 367826Jungle StalkerFierce raptor rider who gets stronger in groups. Has the Hunting Packs ability.
View attachment 367825SkyterrorVersatile flying unit. Good at scouting. Has the Hunting Packs ability.

Techtree Contest #14 - Reforge, Don't Refund [Optionally Paired]

I recognice I am guilty of recycling a concept of the Uhlan Raptor Trolls, from myself in the tech-tree 14 where I dropped.

but I would like to ask (I am very curious) how did you get the hunting packs idea?

Techtree Contest #16 - Faith

I will change the skill name to Stalking Tactics using this icon
85102-82c52c5787c2e254adb9f16bbc914a84.jpg

also gonna change the mechanich.

it will be this mounted rangers have better attack and evasion against larger numbers of enemy troops within range. 10- 15 - 20 - 25 units within range, this skill require a minimum of 3 mounted rangers to be activated.

a sugestion for your 2 units: dont put the same skill on 2 units, unless you plan to add more skills to those units. the sky terror will benefit from an anti air skill.

Last edited:
Level 27
Level 29
I'm recycling most of my ideas from Age of Mythology. The hunting packs idea comes from one of Norse's myth units, the Fenris Wolf.

ah right!!, clever one, I totally forgot the wolf fenris skills.
I always like to ask sources of ideas, because, this types of contest benefits from knowing other games a lot.

I got the group bonus idea from command and conquer general, the chinese faction , tanks and infantry have horde bonus wich depends of the numbers of units in range.

Last edited:
This will be an interesting contest, lots of really cool looking entries even if there's less than last time the quality is certainly high.

So small update on my entry, I'm about 95% done with the other 5% being finishing the Uber unit and doing any last minute polishing but all units and Heroes should be more or less finished.

I'll see about maybe finishing it this week or next and then uploading it to the maps section to get feedback from the wider community for polishing before the final deadline.

Level 29
This will be an interesting contest, lots of really cool looking entries even if there's less than last time the quality is certainly high.

So small update on my entry, I'm about 95% done with the other 5% being finishing the Uber unit and doing any last minute polishing but all units and Heroes should be more or less finished.

I'll see about maybe finishing it this week or next and then uploading it to the maps section to get feedback from the wider community for polishing before the final deadline.

ty, very encouraging words, srly,
small update?
you are the most advanced entry so far, the faster you do, more time to beta-test

I will try to increase speed a bit and catch up.
now that I have the skills ideas defined, I will write all the triggers in 1 blow or 2,
my delay comes that to write the triggers I need the upgrades defined. and I am deciding wich skills will need upgrade and wich not. also I wish to not surpass the 22 upgrades.
because upgrades acts as activator triggers.

like 40 days remain,

Last edited:
ty, very encouraging words, srly,
small update?
you are the most advanced entry so far, the faster you do, more time to beta-test

I will try to increase speed a bit and catch up.
my delay comes that to write the triggers I need the upgrades defined.
because upgrades acts as activator triggers.

like 40 days remain,

I was able to get a lot of work done in the first few weeks before I started a new job but now that I have, I've got little time.

Tbh I didn't get that much use out of finishing really early with my entry last time, the amount of feedback I got was limited but I think it depends. My entry that time was Reforged based so maybe that limited the amount of interest in it.

I might make another video showing off my work. I'm not sure if I can think of spells unique and balanced enough for the Kelpie Uber unit, so I'm kind of stuck as to what to do with it.

I wouldn't rush to catch up you've got plenty of time left :)

Level 27
ah right!!, clever one, I totally forgot the wolf fenris skills.
I always like to ask sources of ideas, because, this types of contest benefits from knowing other games a lot.

I got the group bonus idea from command and conquer general, the chinese faction , tanks and infantry have horde bonus wich depends of the numbers of units in range.
How to forget the great C&C. I remember how the Chinese armies enhanced with that horde bonus ended up swarming enemy bases :)

I've already said it, there are really cool entries. The amount of work in each entry is notably high and the quality as well.

Level 29
I wouldn't rush to catch up you've got plenty of time left :)

well I like to have (a lot) of time to beta test.

speaking of wich, already fixing some interesting bugs like:
take orc peon and orc buildings, change race to humans = building process bugged.
also fixing a couple of green icons.

4 units fully triggered.

Lair guard polearns idea improved.
it does 12 damage against units like riders, huntress, crypt fiend, red drakes
it does 18 damage against taurens, knights, abominations, mountain gigants.

23 teching upgrades defined NE have 22

1- Improve buildings: 2 levels
2-Improved weapons and armor of humes: 3 levels
3-improved weapons and armor of blue drakes: 3 levels
4-improved weapons and armor of red drakes: 3 levels
5- add spikes to dragon lairs 1 level
6-improve regeneration of lairs: 1 level with triggers
7-improve aura towers: 1 level with triggers

unit skills unlocks
8-Lair guard polearns
9-Lair guard vulcan strike (active)
10-red drake burn
11-red drake fire frenzy
12- blue drake frost shield (passive)
13- Dragontine Fiery retribution
14- Sky Whelp Icy reach
15- Mounted ranger dragonscale night bows
16- Dragonhawk champion low slam
17- hydra skills: 2 levels
18- Wyrm Queen Empowered Artic Blast

19: increase stats of the dragontine

Casters
20- Dragonshard Seer training: 2 levels
21-Blue Wizard training: 2 levels
22-Fire Adept training: 2 levels

Siege engines
23: 2 levels, unlock skills for both units.

Level 27
Continuing with my race mechanics, each Loa unlocks different upgrades and a unique unit that will have a specific role in battle. So, you must choose which combination is best for your playing style or which one suits the game best.

There are some good synergies between consecutive Loas, it's just a matter of trying them all.

These two units will be the Tier 2 Unique Units.

WIP4.PNG

BTNBloodTrollMedium.png
MediumRanged anti-spellcaster unit. Has the Tormented Spirits ability. Can see invisible units.
BTNBloodTrollRipper.png
RipperFast wicked unit. Good at raiding buildings and villagers.

Level 8
Continuing with my race mechanics, each Loa unlocks different upgrades and a unique unit that will have a specific role in battle. So, you must choose which combination is best for your playing style or which one suits the game best.

There are some good synergies between consecutive Loas, it's just a matter of trying them all.

These two units will be the Tier 2 Unique Units.

View attachment 368019MediumRanged anti-spellcaster unit. Has the Tormented Spirits ability. Can see invisible units.
View attachment 368018RipperFast wicked unit. Good at raiding buildings and villagers.
Loa,this is a creative idea.

Level 13
I've been hella busy with stuff recently so work is still going slow, but hey! Here's some W.I.Ps!

You can choose an Elemental Lord to appease at T2 and T3, so a maximum of 2 Elemental Lords can aid you in battle. Each Elemental Lord gives you unique effects that can give you both advantages and disadvantages.

SmolderonIcon.png
MARK OF SMOLDERON
Those who have chosen to appease Smolderon the Firelord will gain his mark. Certain combat units gain bonus attack damage and will explode upon death in a blaze of glorious fire, dealing damage to those around it. Those who have fallen in battle will have a chance to come back as an Ember Soul, a weak spirit of fire with Chaos damage that will also explode upon death.

Appeasing Smolderon will also give you access to his followers, who are highly effective at dealing damage and doing crowd control.

Gain Smolderon's favor by engaging in battle and slaughtering all those who oppose him. With the favor you've gained, you may summon his loyal minions, call upon his destructive powers and perhaps eventually, summon the Firelord himself to wreak havoc on the battlefield.

Screenshot_3.png

Notable Unique Units:

FireshaperIcon.png
Fireshaper -Offensive spellcaster. Can initially cast Ignite, which causes a target unit to take damage over time. If the unit dies while under this effect, the target will blow up and deal area damage. Can also learn Burning Rage and Incineration.

FirespawnIcon.png
Firespawn - Unique ranged siege unit. When attacking; hurls balls of fire from a long range that will explode upon impact with any enemy unit, dealing damage and stunning them. It's fireballs can easily be dodged however. Highly effective against structures as it deals double damage to them.

CrucibleIcon.png
Crucible - Durable heavy crowd control unit with good armor. Deals damage over time to all non-mechanical or non-elemental units around it. Has a chance to emit an Incinerating Pulse, which sends forth several waves of fire around the Crucible when attacking, causing additional damage to all units around it, even your own.

Level 29
I've been hella busy with stuff recently so work is still going slow, but hey! Here's some W.I.Ps!

You can choose an Elemental Lord to appease at T2 and T3, so a maximum of 2 Elemental Lords can aid you in battle. Each Elemental Lord gives you unique effects that can give you both advantages and disadvantages.

View attachment 368027 MARK OF SMOLDERON
Those who have chosen to appease Smolderon the Firelord will gain his mark. Certain combat units gain bonus attack damage and will explode upon death in a blaze of glorious fire, dealing damage to those around it. Those who have fallen in battle will have a chance to come back as an Ember Soul, a weak spirit of fire with Chaos damage that will also explode upon death.

Appeasing Smolderon will also give you access to his followers, who are highly effective at dealing damage and doing crowd control.

Gain Smolderon's favor by engaging in battle and slaughtering all those who oppose him. With the favor you've gained, you may summon his loyal minions, call upon his destructive powers and perhaps eventually, summon the Firelord himself to wreak havoc on the battlefield.

Notable Unique Units:

View attachment 368029 Fireshaper -Offensive spellcaster. Can initially cast Ignite, which causes a target unit to take damage over t
ime. If the unit dies while under this effect, the target will blow up and deal area damage. Can also learn Burning Rage and Incineration.

View attachment 368030 Firespawn - Unique ranged siege unit. When attacking; hurls balls of fire from a long range that will explode upon impact with any enemy unit, dealing damage and stunning them. It's fireballs can easily be dodged however. Highly effective against structures as it deals double damage to them.

View attachment 368031 Crucible - Durable heavy crowd control unit with good armor. Deals damage over time to all non-mechanical or non-elemental units around it. Has a chance to emit an Incinerating Pulse, which sends forth several waves of fire around the Crucible when attacking, causing additional damage to all units around it, even your own.

I am very impressed with your creativity.

there will be 1 custom item like the moonstone but, it will set time to day light.

Last edited:
Level 29
Unespected RL stuff comes just around 20 of november to all december, and is imposible to me to continue,

I wish good luck to all participants

I am sorry, really really sorry,
I hope my entry and participation till now helped to this thread a bit.

Formaly dropping from the contest.

Level 27
Tier 3 Unique Units:

WIP1.PNG

BTNBat_by67chrome.png
Screecher BatSmall aerial creature, fast and very effective in groups against flying enemies. Has the Paralyzing Screech ability.
BTNCryptBeast.png
ShadeweaverTroll shaman riding a giant spider. Fast and very effective against melee units, but weak against ranged units. Has the Grim Coil ability.

Tier 4 Unique Units:

WIP2.PNG

BTNWyvern.png
ManticoreHeavy flying creature that hurls fire balls. Powerful against land units and buildings, but weak against flying enemies. Has the Blazing Shards ability.
BTNDirehornIconFirst.png
DirehornFortified melee land creature. Slow but effective at demolishing buildings.

Level 8
Tier 3 Unique Units:

View attachment 368072Screecher BatSmall aerial creature, fast and very effective in groups against flying enemies. Has the Paralyzing Screech ability.
View attachment 368073ShadeweaverTroll shaman riding a giant spider. Fast and very effective against melee units, but weak against ranged units. Has the Grim Coil ability.

Tier 4 Unique Units:

View attachment 368071ManticoreHeavy flying creature that hurls fire balls. Powerful against land units and buildings, but weak against flying enemies. Has the Blazing Shards ability.
View attachment 368074DirehornFortified melee land creature. Slow but effective at demolishing buildings.
These units are very strong.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I will try, I will continue, I will have to reduce quality,my entry wont be a winning entry just a participant entry,
(dang I refreshed the screen & lost what you edited out, lol)

That's the spirit! And don't count yourself out just yet; I knew a guy in a Teamed Contest years ago who's artist-teammate bugged out on him without providing anything.

He may not have won the Contest, but he made it into the Top 5 from voting alone, purely based on how good his half of the entry was.

@Pyrogasm ; )

Level 29
(dang I refreshed the screen & lost what you edited out, lol)

That's the spirit! And don't count yourself out just yet; I knew a guy in a Teamed Contest years ago who's artist-teammate bugged out on him without providing anything.

He may not have won the Contest, but he made it into the Top 5 from voting alone, purely based on how good his half of the entry was.

@Pyrogasm ; )

just some offtopic content.

I will continue, I will continue, ty a lot to all here for encourage, it really helps a lot. I am trying to get the most of these days.
icons all finished.
I am with the triggers: status 26/29 folders. 2 heroes remain ,8 skills remain,.

upload_2020-11-14_19-36-34.png
upload_2020-11-14_19-44-3.png

upload_2020-11-14_19-48-24.png
upload_2020-11-14_19-45-25.png
upload_2020-11-14_19-46-28.png

well, there will be only 1 custom item the sunstone (sorry )
but there are 14 units, 4 heroes and 5 special units.

invisibility: I was forgeting invisibility.
orcs have BD windwalk
UD have the non attack shadows
NE have 2 units and 2 heroes with shadow meld
hu have the sorceress

I have the townhall, tier 2 cast invisibility (needs an upgrade to unlock it). I knew with such big towers, a main funtion was missing.
only 1 unit can be invisible at a current time
unit becomes permanent invisible, not works in heroes
unit can attack or cast a spell and keep invisibility during 7 secs more after doing that.

upload_2020-11-15_22-20-49.png

a plus of picking a 1v1 map, it helps in gui to do things like
Player 1 finish a research, research equal to... turn on X trigger, turn off this trigger. x4 is more exhausting.

Last edited:
Level 27
This is my last WIP, and it's time for the Heroes (sorry, no detailed descriptions this time, I'm still thinking about most of their spells).

WIP.PNG

BTNPythonWarrioress.png
Blood WitchProbable primary attribute: Intelligence/Agility
BTNClanQueen.png
WarmotherProbable primary attribute: Strength/Agility
BTNHeroBloodDireTroll.png
BonebreakerPrimary attribute: Strength
BTNCorpseMonger.png
Corpse MongerPrimary attribute: Intelligence

Edit:

I'll rename my entry, it will now be "Dancing Skull Tribe".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.