• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Techtree Contest #16 - Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm probably not gonna be able to finish in time either. I'd love to say it's because I've been busy learning stuff as well, but Shadowlands + Cyberpunk have done me in. The faction is mostly done, but I have done zero playtesting, so it's looking unlikely that I'll be meeting the deadline at all. I'm still missing a WIP as well.

So I'm probably not gonna be able to finish in time either. I'd love to say it's because I've been busy learning stuff as well, but Shadowlands + Cyberpunk have done me in. The faction is mostly done, but I have done zero playtesting, so it's looking unlikely that I'll be meeting the deadline at all. I'm still missing a WIP as well.

Hehehe if only 3 entries go through I'm guaranteed at least third place...

Jokes aside I'm sorry to hear that, was looking forward to trying out all the other entries, maybe you can still enter it even if it isn't fully complete?

Just thought I'd post here to keep the thread going and hopefully make it a little busier now in the run up to the deadline. But I've had a playthrough of the other 2 entries which have been very impressive. Still room for improvement though and I'll see about getting some reviews of them done before the 18th, my Crimbo holidays start tomorrow so hopefully I'll have the time.

Two days left until the deadline, and only three out of eight entries have been uploaded. Deadline postponed to the 28th.

Ooh this is good hopefully if other people's Christmas holidays start soon they'll have more free time for this.

That's said ten days does seem like a long extension but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just glad we'll hopefully have more than 3 entries.

Level 8
Ooh this is good hopefully if other people's Christmas holidays start soon they'll have more free time for this.

That's said ten days does seem like a long extension but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ just glad we'll hopefully have more than 3 entries.
Yes. Looking forward to MyPad, Xelos, SgtWinter, Spellbound and xISLx's map.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
I did not know it would take me so long to post anything
A lot of things happened - midterm exams, endyear finals, etc

Deadline postponed to the 28th.
I am so glad to have these 10 extra days. Thank you! I really needed it

I found some time to give a brief playtest to the first three entries:
Runic Clans:
I enjoyed playing that! It was a great learning experience.
I spent more time reading through lore and mythology rather than unit abilities :D
This has to be one of the most faithful entries, because of how much effort was put into its authenticity.

The Rune Keeper hero had a really interesting mechanic, but are his runes supposed to block pathing?
Runic Clans 1.png

Also, I built two Shrines and managed to just speed through the entire faith progression.
Was I supposed to do that? :D

Wolves of Winter:
This was really fun!
Loads of interesting yet simple abilities and mechanics make it fun and interactive without overcomplicating things

I also really like the fact that it has its very own lore and story, and that you managed to put it all into a decent entry in a very short amount of time :)

Dancing Skull Tribe:
It appears we had a lot of similar ideas! :D

I haven't played BfA, but creating a blood troll race is an impressive feat
Kinda reminds me of what Wa666r does
The race is interesting and fun to play, and it is an amazingly authentic recreation of a faction from WoW

I have also posted a test version in the Advanced Tech-Tree Development thread.

Shadow Covenant Development Thread
If anyone is willing to test it and report any bugs or other inconveniences, I would really appreciate it.

Runic Clans:
I enjoyed playing that! It was a great learning experience.
I spent more time reading through lore and mythology rather than unit abilities :D
This has to be one of the most faithful entries, because of how much effort was put into its authenticity.

The Rune Keeper hero had a really interesting mechanic, but are his runes supposed to block pathing?
View attachment 370242

Also, I built two Shrines and managed to just speed through the entire faith progression.
Was I supposed to do that? :D

Yeah the Runes can be used to block similar to the Shadow Hunter's Serpent Wards etc :) and yeah the largest barrier to the faith progression is food tbh, so ideally your opponent would focus his attention on trying to food block you as a strategy owing to the Runic Clan's (not complete but mostly) lack of base defence however the Kil's are quite tanky to compensate.

Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.