• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Red Dawn - World of Azkarath (Fully Voiced) v0.5d

July 6, 2024 - v0.5d
. Act I: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act I: New dialogues added.
. Act II: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act II: New dialogues added.
. Act III: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act V: New dialogues added.
June 24, 2024 - v0.5c
. Act I: Optimized "Simon Says" puzzle, increased intervals to make it easier for the player to see the correct order.
. Act II: Optional Quest (Superior Race) area expanded to avoid blocks during combat.
. Act II: Improved rescuable units to facilitate the final part of the act.
. Act II: The units move to the cinematic area with Rogal.
. Act III: Helena is selected after the cinematic with Nur'Gleh.
June 3, 2024 - v0.5b
. Released Campaign.
a0-png.474724

a1-png.474725

Welcome to the World of Azkarath

Two great alliances have dominated the forgotten world of Azkarath. Over a thousand years ago, orcs and trolls united to form the Iron Legion, a brutal army of savages that rules the southern lands. Soon after, the elves and humans responded to the threat, creating a joint army, the Crimson Fist. From the Holy City, the Northeast, the High Inquisitor, Lady Zirah, lead with a firm hand the army that will put an end to the heresy of those filthy beasts. The foul powers of the Iron Legion must end, and the inquisitors of the Crimson Fist will do whatever it takes to bring it about.

Basic description of content:
- Five playable Acts
- Four cinematic chapters
- Three playable heroes
- Fully voiced with AI (ElevenLabs)
- Approximate duration: 150 minutes
- Recommended patch: 1.31.1

A special thanks to:
- johnwar
- Blasterixx
- frostwhisper

Credits:
- Tauer
- Darkfang
- Ujimasa Hojo
- Lichkings Slave
- johnwar
- Sin'dorei300
- The Panda
- CRAZYRUSSIAN
- FrlkY
- NFWar
- Scias
- General Frank
- handclaw
- kola
- Golden-Drake
- bakr
- Vinz
- Gree-D
- BLazaKraze
- imforfun
- tillinghast
- Aldeia
- Ilya Alaric
- PROXY
- BaiyuGalan
- kangyun
- Elf Knight-
- Himperion
- assasin_lord
- HerrDave
- Em!
- Jab1z
- Stefan.K
- Original
- loktar
- Captain Bacon
- ILH
- Rhapsodie

Music:
- Extracted from the game "Total War Warhammer II"

If you like this content don't forget to like, comment and rate. That would help us a lot, thank you very much :peasant-bowing:
Contents

World of Azkarath v0.5d (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I think if one wants to delve properly into original material, a good idea would be to stay away from pop culture races like those of Lord of the Rings, D&D, Warhammer, Warcraft, Heroes of Might & Magic etc. (orcs, elves, humans, demons, undead etc.)...
Level 10
Hey,boss.Can I tranlate it into chinese? I wanna share it to chinese player.
If you want to make a translation of the campaign, I ask you to wait a while, do not make it from this version since there could still be bugs and so on. Wait for a more polish version and then it will be a pleasure for me if you translate it.

Level 5
I just finished it.
It is superb!
Fully voiced. that is ALWAYS a plus.
Georgeous cinematics and camera work.
Stunning maps and cities and wilderness areas.
A short and sweet simon-says-like thingy in the first or second mission. :)
Superb Campaign. Can't wait for further campaigns that take the story further!
:peasant-thumbs-up:
edit: the custom models are wonderful, as well...
and even if it a reforged exclusive campaign, it is so worth it.

Level 10
I just finished it.
It is superb!
Fully voiced. that is ALWAYS a plus.
Georgeous cinematics and camera work.
Stunning maps and cities and wilderness areas.
A short and sweet simon-says-like thingy in the first or second mission. :)
Superb Campaign. Can't wait for further campaigns that take the story further!
:peasant-thumbs-up:
edit: the custom models are wonderful, as well...
and even if it a reforged exclusive campaign, it is so worth it.
Thank you very much for having invested your time in playing this content and commenting, I'm very happy that you liked it. Really, thank you :peasant-grin:

Level 2
I just wrapped it up!
  • Fully voice acted - that's a massive win for me.
  • The cinematics and camerawork were gorgeous.
  • The environments were stunning - from detailed cities to wilderness, it was all fantastic.
  • Loved the little Simon-says mechanic in the early mission, a nice way to ease players in - the last one was bit hard ngl..
Overall, a superb campaign! I'm already hyped for future content that continues the story. :peasant-victory:

Level 10
I just wrapped it up!
  • Fully voice acted - that's a massive win for me.
  • The cinematics and camerawork were gorgeous.
  • The environments were stunning - from detailed cities to wilderness, it was all fantastic.
  • Loved the little Simon-says mechanic in the early mission, a nice way to ease players in - the last one was bit hard ngl..
Overall, a superb campaign! I'm already hyped for future content that continues the story. :peasant-victory:
Thank you very much for your time, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the campaign. And I really appreciate that you take the trouble to comment, it's really great :peasant-grin:

Level 8
i remembger testing it on demo stages! and i see it was tad altered in a few things. loved the challenges, very grim dark setting. last boss was masterfully crafted! the story telling had few plot gaps, i think, but none too bad. rest well and if you plan a sequel, i look foward to it and what ever you brew next.

Level 10
i remembger testing it on demo stages! and i see it was tad altered in a few things. loved the challenges, very grim dark setting. last boss was masterfully crafted! the story telling had few plot gaps, i think, but none too bad. rest well and if you plan a sequel, i look foward to it and what ever you brew next.
Thank you very much for playing, commenting and rating, it's great for me to see that there are people who are enjoying this campaign, it really is. Thank you for your time :peasant-grin:

EDIT: And yes, we changed a lot of things, in fact, we restart the campaign twice 😅

Level 4
feedback from me,
-please turn some of the mana fountains to health, like there are full of decorations mana fountain as useless as it is
-for the gameplay act...i don't remember which, but we had to recruit all the exarch who has mana shield, resistance skin, only to be useless when fighting the boss as he is magic-resistant while the boss are so focus on the hero.
-adding a healer would be good.
-how do I fight with the necrolyte lvl15 with assistance of units whereas I only has 2 heroes about lvl 10 and 11
-what is the function of the item( I don't remember the name, but it has thing about being sought after by the ents)?
-but anyway, I really love the puzzles and final boss fight

Level 10
feedback from me,
-please turn some of the mana fountains to health, like there are full of decorations mana fountain as useless as it is
-for the gameplay act...i don't remember which, but we had to recruit all the exarch who has mana shield, resistance skin, only to be useless when fighting the boss as he is magic-resistant while the boss are so focus on the hero.
-adding a healer would be good.
-how do I fight with the necrolyte lvl15 with assistance of units whereas I only has 2 heroes about lvl 10 and 11
-what is the function of the item( I don't remember the name, but it has thing about being sought after by the ents)?
-but anyway, I really love the puzzles and final boss fight
  • Sorry, I don't understand your first point.
  • The Exarchs are not useful against the hero but against the rest of the units, so they are not useless.
  • To heal you already have the Custode unit with Holy Light.
  • Just retreat a little, kill the units and then finish off the necrolyte between the two heroes, you have many damage abilities and you can summon an elemental, it's quite simple.
  • That item is used for a secondary mission, right next to where you start, there is an Ent who joins you if you bring him that item.
  • I'm glad you liked the final battle.

Thanks for playing and commenting :D

Level 4
Only just done it...
  • It was good.
  • That voiced got me.
  • It looks will be continue the story.
  • To be honest I didn't expect the end got me shocked.
  • Good job, keep going like that! Thank you!

Level 10
Only just done it...
  • It was good.
  • That voiced got me.
  • It looks will be continue the story.
  • To be honest I didn't expect the end got me shocked.
  • Good job, keep going like that! Thank you!
Thank you very much for playing and commenting, I am very glad that you liked it and that the ending was not predictable.

And yes, I actually have almost a novel written with this story 😅 there is a lot of material to continue expanding the campaign, but the truth is that it has been exhausting for me. So I don't rule it out in the future but for now I need a break.

Thank you for your time.

Level 2
great campaign, not long, not short (maybe little short for me xd) but like it, so if i understand, there will be part 2 in future ? if yes when +- ? good job :peasant-ok-hand:

Level 10
great campaign, not long, not short (maybe little short for me xd) but like it, so if i understand, there will be part 2 in future ? if yes when +- ? good job :peasant-ok-hand:
Thank you very much for playing and commenting, I'm glad you liked it. As far as a second part is concerned, yes, it is very possible but it will not be in the short term. I cannot tell you a specific date, sorry.

Thanks for your time.

Level 24
Hello everyone, I want to thank everyone for the good reception this campaign has had, thank you. On the other hand, no bug has been reported yet, which surprises me quite a bit. So I would like to ask you that if you have seen any type of error or strange thing while playing, let us know by commenting, that will help us polish the content as much as possible.

I would also like to let you know that we are working on the idea of a second part, although for now it is just that, an idea. Nothing more, thank you all very much.

Regards.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 71
I think if one wants to delve properly into original material, a good idea would be to stay away from pop culture races like those of Lord of the Rings, D&D, Warhammer, Warcraft, Heroes of Might & Magic etc. (orcs, elves, humans, demons, undead etc.) or at least use them so that they won't resemble the mentioned franchises.

1. The prologue gives some little information about the premise and perhaps world. Although we are welcomed into this custom universe, we are left with nothing more than Helena's few thoughts. It was a nice buildup which I thought would lead to some ritual, discussion or more character introduction, something. Overall, not much of a prologue.
  2. Generic, reused abilities from the start. Another point for similarity not only of lore/world building but also gameplay. Some unit ability combinations are nice though.
  3. Villagers talk, that's nice, but there's no reply to them from Helena or anyone. Apparently not even during optional quests but makes comments now and then.
  4. Upgrades in the building kind of fly around in there when you start researching.
  5. The third rune puzzle isn't properly shown. Had to do some trial and error at the last two before the yellow.
  6. Thought chapter 1 was gonna be a big-huge map but I was fooled. The size is awkward. Guess you wanted to avoid crashing and stuff by playing with the map borders afterwards?
  7. Actually, you've used the same map for chapter 2. I guess, the whole or part of the campaign could have been one large chapter?
  8. Having to upgrade the same type of units again isn't that fun; if they were different ones, then it would've been cooler. There could have been new upgrades for them this time.
  9. Helena is moved to Rogal but your units remain way south.
  10. Kind of annoying to try targeting magic anomalies due to their model.
  11. There's a fountain with two Sorceresses in the northeast where the hero gets stuck when ordered to go from west to east and the other way around in that place. It's one of those with the heriloom/superior race quest.
  12. Seems the gameplay will be linear to the end. Moving around the elven city gives the slight impression of open world.
  13. Know it's an optional quest but shouldn't she confront Rogal about the incident? She might be seen by someone and thought to be a criminal, something. Maybe the talk happens later?
  14. Interlude's too short to matter on its own.
  15. For an inquisitor, Alice has more blue than red.
  16. Nu'Gleh is too much of a Kel'thuzad. The battle with him is very easy. Some scripted events would be nice. He's lamer than Erebus. Generally, this chapter is short and tad repetitive. Nice start, meh middle around the city and not so nice end.
  17. Helena is not selected after meeting him.
  18. Last fight was quite disappointing. Lionel does the same thing; there should be some phases either based on his lowering health or something. Maybe if he touched me a few times, otherwise second ability slows him and I also had the ice king summon.
orderPathingIssues.png
All in all, a nice story driven RPGish campaign which could use more gameplay variety and creativity.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 10
I think if one wants to delve properly into original material, a good idea would be to stay away from pop culture races like those of Lord of the Rings, D&D, Warhammer, Warcraft, Heroes of Might & Magic etc. (orcs, elves, humans, demons, undead etc.) or at least use them so that they won't resemble the mentioned franchises.

1. The prologue gives some little information about the premise and perhaps world. Although we are welcomed into this custom universe, we are left with nothing more than Helena's few thoughts. It was a nice buildup which I thought would lead to some ritual, discussion or more character introduction, something. Overall, not much of a prologue.
  2. Generic, reused abilities from the start. Another point for similarity not only of lore/world building but also gameplay. Some unit ability combinations are nice though.
  3. Villagers talk, that's nice, but there's no reply to them from Helena or anyone. Apparently not even during optional quests but makes comments now and then.
  4. Upgrades in the building kind of fly around in there when you start researching.
  5. The third rune puzzle isn't properly shown. Had to do some trial and error at the last two before the yellow.
  6. Thought chapter 1 was gonna be a big-huge map but I was fooled. The size is awkward. Guess you wanted to avoid crashing and stuff by playing with the map borders afterwards?
  7. Actually, you've used the same map for chapter 2. I guess, the whole or part of the campaign could have been one large chapter?
  8. Having to upgrade the same type of units again isn't that fun; if they were different ones, then it would've been cooler. There could have been new upgrades for them this time.
  9. Helena is moved to Rogal but your units remain way south.
  10. Kind of annoying to try targeting magic anomalies due to their model.
  11. There's a fountain with two Sorceresses in the northeast where the hero gets stuck when ordered to go from west to east and the other way around in that place. It's one of those with the heriloom/superior race quest.
  12. Seems the gameplay will be linear to the end. Moving around the elven city gives the slight impression of open world.
  13. Know it's an optional quest but shouldn't she confront Rogal about the incident? She might be seen by someone and thought to be a criminal, something. Maybe the talk happens later?
  14. Interlude's too short to matter on its own.
  15. For an inquisitor, Alice has more blue than red.
  16. Nu'Gleh is too much of a Kel'thuzad. The battle with him is very easy. Some scripted events would be nice. He's lamer than Erebus. Generally, this chapter is short and tad repetitive. Nice start, meh middle around the city and not so nice end.
  17. Helena is not selected after meeting him.
  18. Last fight was quite disappointing. Lionel does the same thing; there should be some phases either based on his lowering health or something. Maybe if he touched me a few times, otherwise second ability slows him and I also had the ice king summon.
View attachment 476451
All in all, a nice story driven RPGish campaign which could use more gameplay variety and creativity.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thank you very much for the review, we will take into account all the points mentioned for future updates. Thanks again.

Level 10
June 24, 2024 - v0.5c
. Act I: Optimized "Simon Says" puzzle, increased intervals to make it easier for the player to see the correct order.
. Act II: Optional Quest (Superior Race) area expanded to avoid blocks during combat.
. Act II: Improved rescuable units to facilitate the final part of the act.
. Act II: The units move to the cinematic area with Rogal.
. Act III: Helena is selected after the cinematic with Nur'Gleh.

Level 24
Hello everyone, we're working on version 0.5d of the campaign which will include new dialogues and various adjustments for the different combats we face in the campaign. I wanted to inform you that this will be the last adjustment update for the first part of the campaign.

The next ones will begin to add new playable acts that will end up making up the second part of this story. For this reason, I ask everyone who has played it to leave their comment and opinion about their experience, all opinions and advice are welcome. Thanks.

Regards.

Level 24
July 6, 2024 - v0.5d
. Act I: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act I: New dialogues added.
. Act II: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act II: New dialogues added.
. Act III: Minor combat adjusts.
. Act V: New dialogues added.

We continue working on improving this campaign little by little, we don't have as much time as we would like to dedicate to it but we still want it to be the best possible within our capabilities.

Regards.

Level 10
The boss fights was hard. But I loved it.
The ending was, in it's own way beautiful.
I sure how to see a "next step"
Thank you very much for playing and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign. And well, we are working on the sequel although it is still in the first phase of development and there is nothing to show.

Level 10
i look foward to do the testing on the seque [beta, live etc]l, and nice updates over all, awesome.
It's possible that I'll upload a playable demo of the first act to the campaign development post. There we introduce a new character and the line that the story will follow is stated a little, moving away from the Reach, the area where this first part was developed and entering a little further into the world of Azkarath.

Level 7
Thank you very much for playing and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign. And well, we are working on the sequel although it is still in the first phase of development and there is nothing to show.
Glad to hear that! I'm not the best but if You need any help I'll gladly do what I can.

And like someone els said. I can also play beta a look for bugs and stuff.

Greetings John aka Darnish89