• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus of the Horde (Original Voice Over)

Exodus of the Horde with original voiceovers
-- Obsolete with Reforged, only for Classic TFT --
Exodus of the Horde bonus campaign INCLUDING the voiceover which was included in Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, but was missing in TFT custom campaign. In fact this one is demo-like (Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, which includes tutorial levels) for people who would like to play demo, but wants to have latest version features available like widescreen support and alt for healthbars.
You can start either from Tutorial mission or from Riders on the Storm, but your hero is cache-saved through the whole campaign, so if you do start from the tutorial level, you'll have ring +1 def and a couple of consumables with you on Riders of the Storm =) I have also switched Demolishers to Catapults with it's stats on RoC 1.26 and removed TFT upgrades.

Features

• Featuring original voiceover from Warcraft III game Demo installation
  • Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo mission pack: two tutorial missions and three missions from
    Exodus of the Horde custom campaign included in the Frozen Throne installation. Here's a little scheme:

Warcraft III Demo campaign

RoC Prologue

• Chasing Visions
    • Departures
    TFT Custom campaign

• Riders on the Storm
    • The Fires Down Below
    • Countdown To Extinction
  • Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo gameplay (RoC)
You can get more info here. (external link)

Credits

• Campaign by Blizzard Entertainment
  • Compilation by Kostyarik
The reason for me posting this was because a lot of people didn't know there was a voiceover in a custom campaign that was included in TFT installation and that it was a part of Prologue campaign initially, for it contains some essential lore elements specifically why does the horde has blue trolls.

I think I missed nothing in voiceover and text hints, but you know =) bugs and suggestions will be most welcome =)

• Fixed various minor bugs, including the visibility bug with Sen'jin in The Fires Down Below.
  • Loading screens for tutorial chapters are replaced with wc3 game demo version of those.
  • 23.04.15 Updated cinematic map file to hide scorescreen
  • 30.09.15 Fixed ending cinematic in Countdown to Extinction (ships didn't appear in it)

• 03.07.16 Revamped 03.09.15 Fix (the one i made included terrain and unit editing - reverted to original map file, the problem existed because original trigger missed a parameter for some reason, just fixed that)
  • 03.07.16 changed victory scorescreen image to RoC one
  • 03.07.16 changed attack/defence type for heroes and spellcasters to RoC settings ("piercing" for spellcasters and "normal" for heroes, "light" defence for spellcasters)
  • 03.07.16 changed description for items involved in optional quest in mission "Riders on the Storm" (couple of sentences of description in game demo map were shrunk to "Magical %itemname%" for TFT bonus campaign map for some reason)
  • 03.07.16 changed cinematic map not to require to press any key (used "default" loading screen with black backround and all the consequences. This is my lapis offensionis, i honestly don't like the way it looks now, but it appears to be more practical)

• 15.07.16 fixed several sound bugs in "Fires Down Below"
  • 30.01.17 changed cinematic map loading screen
  • 12.01.20 fixed more sound bugs in "Fires Down Below"
  • 12.01.20 changed humans team color to dark green
  • 12.01.20 fixed intro cinematic bug in "Countdown to Extinction" (Sea Witch didn't appear in it)
  • 12.01.20 changed murloc models to use RoC version (just read the wiki lol =) )
  • 12.01.20 changed archmage's name to be Kelen the Seeker only
  • 12.01.20 changed Thrall's attack type to "normal" (RoC version)
  • 13.01.20 fixed murlocks' skin in mission 1
  • 13.01.20 added cinematic subtitles to rescued units from cages in mission 2
  • 13.01.20 changed troll witch doctor's attack to "piercing"
  • 13.01.20 addition to original triggers to fit cinematics for widescreen (hidden units and doodads)
  • 13.01.20 changed scorescreen icon to murloc in episode 4 and 5, thanks to Mayday Much oblidged m8!
  • 21.02.20 remade from 30.01.17 including all the changes with 1.26 version WorldEdit. Should be compartible for all further and previous versions

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Campaign archive also contains unused sound files, which were found in game demo .mpq (the following sound files appear in the Demo but aren't used in any known part, they aren't attached to any trigger):

Riders on the Storm
  • D03Grunt17: Warchief, one of the humans escaped!
  • D03HeadHunter19: Our spears would be no good against that shields, run!
  • D03Thrall16: Humans, just what we needed... Don't let them get away!
  • D03Thrall18: Damn, they'll alert the outpost for sure. Prepare for battle!
  • D03Thrall25: Stay alert, not all the island inhabitants are friendly.
  • D03Thrall30: This wards contain healing power.
  • D03Troll26: Welcome to the village mon.
  • D03Troll27: You are green or I'm just seeing things?
  • D03Troll28: I hope you help us get rid of those nasty humans.
The Fires Down Below
  • D04Footman16: Orcs! Get up!
  • D04Footman23: Orcs, I should have known... attack!
  • D04Grunt11: Free at last!
  • D04Grunt13: Those fish creatures must pay!
  • D04MurlocSorcerer30: You may have rescued the others but I'll see to it that the exalted one does not go completely unpleased.
  • D04Thrall15: There are maybe other creatures down here, these paltry wretches died before they were even sacrificed.
  • D04Thrall17: Will you humans never learn?!
  • D04Thrall20: These cave may lead outside, but we can't leave without the others.
Countdown to Extinction
  • D05Thrall15: One of the shamans must have found a way to purify this fountain.
  • D05Troll13: Hey, you got room for one more mon?
Info on those found here: Warcraft III Demo

Keywords:
Demo Campaign, Exodus of the Horde, voiceover, voice acting
Contents

Exodus of the Horde (VoiceOver) (Campaign)

Reviews
02:55, 17th Apr 2015 Orcnet: The Voice-Overs are truly amazing, I am really fascinated when Blizzard to Warcraft have unfinished business that ends up leaking inside hidden places, who knows we might catch the map based from Tharifas the green...
Level 2
I took that decision according to humans color in TFT orc campaign =) In demo i believe color was made to blue due to commercial reasons - to distinguish humans from orcs showing off the game, so since most of the players are experienced in this game, it made it quite reasonable for me to switch them to color according to the wc3 lore =) I might be wrong, but i believe this campaign is obsolete since reforged contains those missions =)
They are also Dark Green in a mission in RoC. But Blizzard still kept them blue in the Reforged version of Exodus of the Horde. In general, Blizzard prioritized using Red, Blue, and Purple, and sometimes Green and Light Blue/White. Usually it depended on the race, but sometimes factions were a factor. They did the same kind of thing in Starcraft. Regardless it's just a team color.

But this campaign isn't obsolete for a few reasons. First, in Reforged the last 3 missions are only included in the Reforged campaign mode, not the classic campaign mode (or pre-Reforged versions of Warcraft 3 for that matter, other than Blizzard's custom campaign). Second, the Reforged version has other differences than just Naga models compared to the classic version, especially compared to the demo. The Reforged version uses TFT balance and demolishers instead of catapults as in Blizzard's custom campaign version, and the difficulty was changed in other ways. For example in Countdown to Extinction they added Mur'gul Shadowcasters that deal Chaos damage to some of the attacks, but removed the Murloc Sorcerer heroes that cast Reign of Fire. On hard the attacks don't appear to be as frequent as in the original, so overall it seems easier.

A custom campaign like this one is really the only way to get something like the original experience of the demo, aside from playing the demo itself which is separate and, as you said, doesn't have features like widescreen support and alt for health bars. It also lacks several other features that most people have probably come to appreciate, like queuing up more than 1 research upgrade at a time per building, the shift queue being compatable with worker build commands, rally point setting on hero icons, displaying armor as a percentage, specific research complete text messages, and enhanced tooltips for buffs and debuffs.

Last edited:
Level 12
Would it be possible for you to offer the individual scenario files separately, so we can access them on the new, stupid, custom-campaignless Reforged engine? I know you said it'd be redundant, but the new reforged files have significant changes in them in the models (for example, the sea witch is a naga witch instead of a ghost).

Level 6
Would it be possible for you to offer the individual scenario files separately, so we can access them on the new, stupid, custom-campaignless Reforged engine? I know you said it'd be redundant, but the new reforged files have significant changes in them in the models (for example, the sea witch is a naga witch instead of a ghost).
Hey Abelhawk! Love your content! =)

Well, .w3n is basically an mpq package - you can just exctract maps using MPQEditor MPQ Archives - Downloads .
The only downside - is that you'll probably be able to see uncovered minimap in the lobby.

Level 2
There's actually another balance difference between TFT and the demo/RoC that is more significant and makes Countdown to Extinction a little harder (and to a lesser extent Riders on the Storm). It again has to do with Orc Watch Towers. In the demo and early on in RoC they did 19-22 damage. It was changed to 16-18 damage in patch 1.03, but again in RoC it was not changed for the campaign and maps set to the custom 1.01 game data set. It's more significant because Orc towers attack quickly, they are a primary defensive structure which have more emphasis in base defense missions, and because in general they were also more durable when they had fortified armor.

For a quick list of significant but simple things that could be reverted:

-Orc Watch Towers dealing 19-22 damage.
-Orc Watch Towers and Human Guard Towers having fortified armor (but not Burrows or Scout Towers).
-The normal damage type doing 50% damage to fortified armor.
-Restoring the custom stats of the Murloc Sorcerer in the Fires Down Below mission.

Unlike the spellcaster upgrade differences or all the resources cost differences, those would be simple to revert but would still go a long way towards making it closer to the original. They would also be more in line with things you already reverted like the attack types of some units, reverting demolishers to catapults, and the food supply values for upkeep.

Last edited:
Level 6
There's actually another balance difference between TFT and the demo/RoC that is more significant and makes Countdown to Extinction a little harder (and to a lesser extent Riders on the Storm). It again has to do with Orc Watch Towers. In the demo and early on in RoC they did 19-22 damage. It was changed to 16-18 damage in patch 1.03, but again in RoC it was not changed for the campaign and maps set to the custom 1.01 game data set. It's more significant because Orc towers attack quickly, they are a primary defensive structure which have more emphasis in base defense missions, and because in general they were also more durable when they had fortified armor.

For a quick list of significant but simple things that could be reverted:

-Orc Watch Towers dealing 19-22 damage.
-Orc Watch Towers and Human Guard Towers having fortified armor (but not Burrows or Scout Towers).
-The normal damage type doing 50% damage to fortified armor.
-Restoring the custom stats of the Murloc Sorcerer in the Fires Down Below mission.

Unlike the spellcaster upgrade differences or all the resources cost differences, those would be simple to revert but would still go a long way towards making it closer to the original. They would also be more in line with things you already reverted like the attack types of some units, reverting demolishers to catapults, and the food supply values for upkeep.
Thank you very much for detailed info! Sorry, but unfortunately this project is discontinued... You can take over if you wish to, have no probs with that! =)

Level 14
Thank you very much for detailed info! Sorry, but unfortunately this project is discontinued... You can take over if you wish to, have no probs with that! =)
I might, he sadly seems to be inactive eversince august. I was messing about with demo version quite a bit, wouldnt have anything against patching it a bit. What version of Wc3/World Editor did you work on the campaign with?

Level 6
I might, he sadly seems to be inactive eversince august. I was messing about with demo version quite a bit, wouldnt have anything against patching it a bit. What version of Wc3/World Editor did you work on the campaign with?
Be my guest! =) I don't remember to be honest... i think the latest was one of the first versions of Reforged..
Btw if i continued myself this - i would've change 1) Sea witch and murlocs units and buildings to mur'gul and naga 2) Tileset maps 3 and 5 to Sunken Ruins (without any use of bricks, man-made tiles, just nature =) Also no coralls - those islands are in same climate but weren't brought to us from seabed)

P.S. at this point i'm playing with reforged models - wanna bring them to sc2 and see how it's going there =)

Last edited:
Level 9
If it is Zar'jira you mean, indeed she is THE Sea Witch in WoW. There she appears as a banshee-naga of some sort. However, i looked through the wc3 RoC and TFT manuals and this campaign dialogs, and found no reference to her or the naga, so i suppose this was one of the speculations to fill WoW lore. Therefore, i'll leave her with her current model for now, sorry.
make her naga, because blizzard has created, if you do it first it will be better than blizzard, then sometimes you have to look ahead and get creative.

Last edited:
Level 21
Hello, please text me here if you read this @Kostyarik.
Is important!

It is to ask you if I can edit and upload this campaign. I want to give it Reign of Chaos balancing (make it harder without increasing the number of enemy attackers tenfold) and yes, slightly increase enemy attackers, to make it feel epic and also give new abilities to units and create more units, for orcs and trolls.

Please, I beg you :grin:

Level 6
Hello, please text me here if you read this @Kostyarik.
Is important!

It is to ask you if I can edit and upload this campaign. I want to give it Reign of Chaos balancing (make it harder without increasing the number of enemy attackers tenfold) and yes, slightly increase enemy attackers, to make it feel epic and also give new abilities to units and create more units, for orcs and trolls.

Please, I beg you :grin:
This is a finished project. However please do feel free to edit the maps in any way you want, i never prohibited that in any way =)

Level 21
This is a finished project. However please do feel free to edit the maps in any way you want, i never prohibited that in any way =)
Okay, thanks! Although I have issue on maps 4 and 5, I cannot save them without errors. I tried to re-arrange some triggers and variables but still nothing.
I guess I can only change the campaign object editor but it's not enough.

Level 21
@Kostyarik I wouldn't tag you if it weren't urgent.
Some things I noticed that are very important:
-I see that this campaign is supposed to use RoC balancing (Heroes having Normal type damage, spellcasters having piercing damage...)

Most important: all units and buildings should have gold and lumber cost that imitate Reign of Chaos (basically to be more expensive; makes this easy to beat campaign a little bit harder).

1- Raiders should have Light Armor
2- Troll Headhunters should have 280 HP
3- Grunts should have 680 HP
4 - Watch Towers should have Fortified armor type. The same goes for Guard Towers (You might make Watch Towers' damage 18-21; currently is 16-18).
5 - Make food limit to 90

Basically take a look at older patches like 1.01 to see original stats of units (and gold and lumber costs)...

Alternative (for unit attack and armor types):
You could change every map to be technically "Reign of Chaos". Just change armor and attack values in world editor. So Heavy armor takes extra damage from Piercing attacks for example and change the Raiders' armor type to Heavy.
This change is required on every map but it will make the players feel like they are actually playing Reign of Chaos (demo) campaign.

Thank you for your time!

PS: I know I've already talked to you about this but I cannot edit certain maps because certain things don't function in them, like Murloc heroes not appearing on final mission etc...
My thought was that you could edit the maps without them having bugs.

:grin:

Level 11
so, i went on to test this with 1.35
Medivh's dialogue interpolates with the grunts when he speaks for the first time

somehow even the normal campaign has this issue, it seems to be a voice delay.

Level 29
so, i went on to test this with 1.35
Medivh's dialogue interpolates with the grunts when he speaks for the first time

somehow even the normal campaign has this issue, it seems to be a voice delay.
Yeah, sounds like it's a major bug for this campaign. Others have reported it as well.

As you may have noticed, Reforged adds the original Prologue from the Reign of Chaos Demo, including 3 missing chapters, but Blizzard had made a wrong decision for updating the campaigns: Everything such as unit stats are based on The Frozen Throne's vanilla ones. This gives a little bit confusion since ROC campaigns don't have such a TFT features like 100 food cap instead of 90, Magic attack and Unarmored type of defense on all spellcasters, and so on. With Reforged, most Orc stats have been changed, with Demolishers being replacing Catapults and Grunts have 700 HP.

Level 11
Yeah, sounds like it's a major bug for this campaign. Others have reported it as well.

As you may have noticed, Reforged adds the original Prologue from the Reign of Chaos Demo, including 3 missing chapters, but Blizzard had made a wrong decision for updating the campaigns: Everything such as unit stats are based on The Frozen Throne's vanilla ones. This gives a little bit confusion since ROC campaigns don't have such a TFT features like 100 food cap instead of 90, Magic attack and Unarmored type of defense on all spellcasters, and so on. With Reforged, most Orc stats have been changed, with Demolishers being replacing Catapults and Grunts have 700 HP.
I also came to notice that the sounds are fucked up too, mainly the voiced dialogue.

since i have a spare 1.0 install here i extracted the dialogue off the sounds folder, but Blizzard HAD to be retarded and use a shitty Version of the Flac codex that has sound issues over the old mp3 format

Level 29
I also came to notice that the sounds are fucked up too, mainly the voiced dialogue.

since i have a spare 1.0 install here i extracted the dialogue off the sounds folder, but Blizzard HAD to be retarded and use a shitty Version of the Flac codex that has sound issues over the old mp3 format
Yeah, FLAC has been a major enemy when you want to use a custom music/sound in Reforged. Maybe see this:

To be clear, OGG (recommended for playing a sound with a loop) and MP3 (the ones with a short delay) doesn't work at all on Reforged, as of 1.35:
They removed ogg/Vorbis and replaced it with FLAC. The game now actually looks up mp3/wav/flac for each file you load (I don't remember the exact order, but wav was checked twice like (mp3,wav) and (flac,wav)). Maybe they wanted to make Reforged sounds in high quality Vorbis but then decided on lossless FLAC instead - that's honestly awesome! Though Opus is the best lossy codec.

Level 11
Yeah, FLAC has been a major enemy when you want to use a custom music/sound in Reforged. Maybe see this:

To be clear, OGG (recommended for playing a sound with a loop) and MP3 (the ones with a short delay) doesn't work at all on Reforged, as of 1.35:
then if i were to guess it, a batch conversion into ogg of the sound folder off the old versions is needed.

In any case, all mp3 audio is working.

Hearing thrall saying Grom, is what it should be.

Last edited:
Level 4
I played this campaign today and did not encounter any problems on version 1.28.5. I liked that you replaced the Demolishers with Catapults and that you changed the color of the Kul tiras base from blue to dark green.

Level 3
Incredibly useful since the release of Warcraft 3: Reforged removed the ability to play Riders on the Storm, The Fires Down Below, & Countdown to Extinction on Classic graphics.

These missions from the Demo were some of my favorite missions from WC3 given their lesser known, almost secret nature. On my YouTube channel I set out to complete WC3 using classic graphics and was disappointed to find them unavailable.

Thanks to this "custom campaign" version of it, I was able to play through them. Thank you!