1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Exodus of the Horde (Original Voice Over)

Submitted by Kostyarik
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Exodus of the Horde with original voiceovers
Exodus of the Horde bonus campaign INCLUDING the voiceover which was included in Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, but was missing in TFT custom campaign. In fact this one is demo-like (Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, which includes tutorial levels) for people who would like to play demo, but wants to have latest version features available like widescreen support and alt for healthbars.
You can start either from Tutorial mission or from Riders on the Storm, but your hero is cache-saved through the whole campaign, so if you do start from the tutorial level, you'll have ring +1 def and a couple of consumables with you on Riders of the Storm =) I have also switched Demolishers to Catapults with it's stats on RoC 1.26 and removed TFT upgrades.

Features

• Featuring original voiceover from Warcraft III game Demo installation
  • Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo mission pack: two tutorial missions and three missions from
    Exodus of the Horde custom campaign included in the Frozen Throne installation. Here's a little scheme:

Warcraft III Demo campaign

RoC Prologue

• Chasing Visions
    • Departures

TFT Custom campaign

• Riders on the Storm
    • The Fires Down Below
    • Countdown To Extinction

• Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo gameplay (RoC)

You can get more info here. (external link)

Credits

• Campaign by Blizzard Entertainment
  • Compilation by Kostyarik

The reason for me posting this was because a lot of people didn't know there was a voiceover in a custom campaign that was included in TFT installation and that it was a part of Prologue campaign initially, for it contains some essential lore elements specifically why does the horde has blue trolls.

I think I missed nothing in voiceover and text hints, but you know =) bugs and suggestions will be most welcome =)

Changelog

• Fixed various minor bugs, including the visibility bug with Sen'jin in The Fires Down Below.
  • Loading screens for tutorial chapters are replaced with wc3 game demo version of those.
  • 23.04.15 Updated cinematic map file to hide scorescreen
  • 30.09.15 Fixed ending cinematic in Countdown to Extinction (ships didn't appear in it)

• 03.07.16 Revamped 03.09.15 Fix (the one i made included terrain and unit editing - reverted to original map file, the problem existed because original trigger missed a parameter for some reason, just fixed that)
  • 03.07.16 changed victory scorescreen image to RoC one
  • 03.07.16 changed attack/defence type for heroes and spellcasters to RoC settings ("piercing" for spellcasters and "normal" for heroes, "light" defence for spellcasters)
  • 03.07.16 changed description for items involved in optional quest in mission "Riders on the Storm" (couple of sentences of description in game demo map were shrunk to "Magical %itemname%" for TFT bonus campaign map for some reason)
  • 03.07.16 changed cinematic map not to require to press any key (used "default" loading screen with black backround and all the consequences. This is my lapis offensionis, i honestly don't like the way it looks now, but it appears to be more practical)

• 15.07.16 fixed several sound bugs in "Fires Down Below"
  • 30.01.17 changed cinematic map loading screen

Screenshots
[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice for mapmakers

Campaign archive also contains unused sound files, which were found in game demo .mpq (the following sound files appear in the Demo but aren't used in any known part, they aren't attached to any trigger):

Riders on the Storm
  • D03Grunt17: Warchief, one of the humans escaped!
  • D03HeadHunter19: Our spears would be no good against that shields, run!
  • D03Thrall16: Humans, just what we needed... Don't let them get away!
  • D03Thrall18: Damn, they'll alert the outpost for sure. Prepare for battle!
  • D03Thrall25: Stay alert, not all the island inhabitants are friendly.
  • D03Thrall30: This wards contain healing power.
  • D03Troll26: Welcome to the village mon.
  • D03Troll27: You are green or I'm just seeing things?
  • D03Troll28: I hope you help us get rid of those nasty humans.
The Fires Down Below
  • D04Footman16: Orcs! Get up!
  • D04Footman23: Orcs, I should have known... attack!
  • D04Grunt11: Free at last!
  • D04Grunt13: Those fish creatures must pay!
  • D04MurlocSorcerer30: You may have rescued the others but I'll see to it that the exalted one does not go completely unpleased.
  • D04Thrall15: There are maybe other creatures down here, these paltry wretches died before they were even sacrificed.
  • D04Thrall17: Will you humans never learn?!
  • D04Thrall20: These cave may lead outside, but we can't leave without the others.
Countdown to Extinction
  • D05Thrall15: One of the shamans must have found a way to purify this fountain.
  • D05Troll13: Hey, you got room for one more mon?
Info on those found here: Warcraft III Demo

Keywords:
Demo Campaign, Exodus of the Horde, voiceover, voice acting
Contents

Exodus of the Horde (VoiceOver) (Campaign)

Reviews
02:55, 17th Apr 2015 Orcnet: The Voice-Overs are truly amazing, I am really fascinated when Blizzard to Warcraft have unfinished business that ends up leaking inside hidden places, who knows we might catch the map based from Tharifas the green...
  1. 02:55, 17th Apr 2015
    Orcnet:

The Voice-Overs are truly amazing, I am really fascinated when Blizzard to Warcraft have unfinished business that ends up leaking inside hidden places, who knows we might catch the map based from Tharifas the green dragon, anyways on-topic I think I believe the reason why they ditched out the voices is due for the frail of the voice-acting of most voice actors especially from the human side, I lol when the witch's voice is from a night elf and the murloc a naga voice actor, its a shame how it could be of good use for the overall map but I believe blizzard has proper reasons.

While I want to wrap this up, I suggest you remove the 1st cinematic scene its not needed and it builds you up some space, as well as part 1 and 2 conditionally, if you want to keep it there its still cool.

Can be useful, approved.

2. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, I don't really think that what you've done is worth a map approval. Basically, you did not create any of the maps of the campaign but just modified them to be consecutive levels and have a saved hero. It could prove to be useful but I don't think it's acceptable.

3. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm actually surprised this hasn't been uploaded with voiceovers before. As a matter of fact, I couldn't find such anywhere.
    Anyways, you'll need a better description if you want this to get approved. As a start, you can check out this.
    EDIT: Are the Hive's 'submap preview images' broken or is it something on my side? I seems to happen on each and every campaign I try to view.

4. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That was the reason, thanks for advice on description =)

5. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Click
    Click
    Click
    Click
    Click

It has already been released with voiceover - in a 2 player version by Pyraeus.

I'd suggest opening a thread with a map pack instead of putting this in the Map Section. In my opinion, it doesn't fulfil the requirements that are needed to be approved, even though it might be useful.

6. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it still isnt the same. I think something like should be uploaded somewhere.

7. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hello Kostyarik, please be advised that before a moderation may proceed, a proper map description must be in place, still you have lacked a map category, screen shot and proper crediting list.

I'll be sure to check whether you had read this part of our rules: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/ and may I suggest you to read this guideline I have proposed long ago: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...s-456/map-description-making-good-bad-245849/

For now, this map will be sent to "awaiting update".

8. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    screenshots

Attached Files:

9. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Back to pending.

EDIT: Map is now approved.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  10. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Third mission: The Murloc Sorcerer's line has a troll portrait instead.

Fourth mission: During the ending cutscene, Sen'jin disappears, with only his shadow left instead of his corpse. When everyone evacuates the cave, his shadow follows along.
    Also, rescued units don't have their lines subtitled.

After beating the campaign, the last two missions don't show up on the select screen.

11. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'd like to keep them there to keep some kind of feeling of more complete campaign. Other thing i plan to do is customize the campaign screen if i can figure out any workaround for that. Also I know, that not everyone would like to play them all, so i've made available a start from mission 3. I could DO remove them to save bandwidth, but those 3 maps are only 593kb in common, so i don't think there would be much difference) Anyway, thank you for your review and the feedbacks =)

Fixed all of those and reuploaded campaign file, many thanks for pointing that out with user-friendly description. In fact there were no subtitles in original Mission 4, only sounds, but i agree, it would be right to have them, so now there are =)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  12. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    i advise you to change the banshee sea queen model to naga sea witch, because in cannon lore it was a naga witch. Banshee is undead unit, and blizzard did not want to add custom model for her.

13. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If it is Zar'jira you mean, indeed she is THE Sea Witch in WoW. There she appears as a banshee-naga of some sort. However, i looked through the wc3 RoC and TFT manuals and this campaign dialogs, and found no reference to her or the naga, so i suppose this was one of the speculations to fill WoW lore. Therefore, i'll leave her with her current model for now, sorry.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  14. Rubellu Sidus

Rubellu Sidus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Cool, I always wanted to finish the Demo Campaign with the voices. 5/5

15. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thak you for your rate =)

16. killervapor

killervapor

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is not exodus of the horde You liar I HATE YOU SO MUCH! How is this even approved its just warcraft 3 reign of chaos prologue campaign!!! you did nothing!!!

17. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Have you tried playing it with the sound on?

18. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh so the campaign uploader thinks that Warcraft 3 is wide screen? Well, it's not. Warcraft 3 doesn't support wide screen resolutions, it only stretches the screen to make it look wide screen. You can just download demo and use registry method to play in stretched mode. The game looks awful when stretched.. you can see a big difference when switching between 4:3 and 16:9

19. Kostyarik

Kostyarik

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    To stop hating me just start the campaign from 3rd button. i, for one, love you =)

You're quite right, it comes just stretched, however it looks more appealing for me than those two stripes on the sides of the screen. For someone it doesn't. It's better to have an easy accessable option isn't it? =)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015