• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus of the Horde: TD Edition

223812-ef555ac672613351be4ec7a46ca9a403.png

EXODUS OF THE HORDE TD EDITION

"You must rally the Horde and lead your people to their destiny!" (c) Medivh

OVERVIEW

"Original Blizzard campaign, but fully remastered in Kingdom Rush tower defence - select towers from list and build them on presetted position to hold enemy hordes.
Main difference from previous TD campaign is selectable tower types, just like in Kingdom Rush Vengeance. You can select any type of any tower before level starts, so you can choose preferable strategy for walkthrough!"

STORY

"The original Reign of Chaos Demo and Frozen Throne default custom campaign, a Exodus of the Horde is well-known story about future warchief of Horde Thrall and his first serious problems on this path. Will you succumb to your fails, or you'll defeat past?
Time is only answer."

FEATURES

…ESCAPE THE PAST
Will you survive coming trials? Or fall under pressure of waves of history?

LIVE THE PRESENT.
Relive memory of Thrall - young shaman, whose destiny is to become the leader of the united Horde.

CHANGE THE FUTURE...
Find strange dream visitor, escape with Hellscream and flee from wrathful Sea Witch - all known friends, all known enemies will await you here, in tower defence remastered version of original Exodus of the Horde.

…UNTOLD STORIES?
Master through 3 different difficulties and unlock some brand new levels, which could lead to new side stories. In future, after escaping from Humans and Sea Witch, you'll unlock some special endless levels - for whose, who want to find their own limits.

FOR THE HORDE!

MEDIA

MODELS & ICONS
SPECIAL THANKS
SCREENSHOTS
KNOW ISSUES
TBA
  • Parents;
  • Blizzard Entertainment;
  • XGM.Guru & HIVEWORKSHOP
  • Anyone, who said kind words!
  • Sometimes enemies could stuck and don't move;
  • Screenshots in "Screenshots" Media could be small, but you need to press upon them;
  • Some enemies in Classic graphics couldn't have models;

CHANGELOG

• Campaign was released.

MINOR CHANGES & BUGFIXES

All Chapters:
  • Campaign is playable on Reforged! Use Xetanth87's Campaign Splitter to split and then you can launch each mission either on Classic or Reforged graphics to play;
  • Slightly changed barrack building & unit models: grunt barrack and its grunt, bestiary and its raider, darkspear hut;
  • Increased overall "Create Grunts", "Create Raiders" & "Spawn Headhunters" barrack ability ranges, allowing towers to quickly spot and spawn units;
  • Now all barrack-like towers will automatically turn up auto-cast on their spawn abilities;
  • Corrected tooltip for "Conjure Spirit Wolfs" Thrall spells - now they will display proper damage and health. Notice that higher difficulty will affect unit's health, which wouldn't be corrected in spells tooltips;
  • Now "Rain of Fire" shouldn't damage allied units - only enemy units will recieve damage from it;
Chapter 1 "Departures" & Chapter 2 "Riders on the Storm":
  • Fixed an issues, which occured with "Alliance Courage" on "Hard' difficutly - now value will properly increase with each enemy spawn and decrease with each enemy death;
  • Fixed small issues, related to "Paladin" boss - now he will spawn Holy Sparks without Holy Spirit is up on not, just like it was intended;
  • Slightly changed tower building places, moving them a bit closer to enemy route, in Chapter 1;
  • Slightly changed tower building places, moving them a bit closer to enemy route, in Chapter 2;
Chapter 3 "The Fires Down Below":
  • Now "Murloc Warlock" boss should follow route up to finish without trying to leave this forgotten damned place;
  • Now skipping "Murloc & Senjin" pre-last cinematic wouldn't discover additional main quest;
Chapter 4 "Countdown to Extintion":
  • Small changes, related to correcting tower building places;
  • Now player starting gold is 1500, not 1200 like before.

MAJOR CHANGES

• Now playable on Reforged! Use "Custom Campaigns" feature to access campaign and start playing it on whenever graphics you like, but myself recommendation on Reforged graphics;
  • Added 2 new optional levels: Complete "Countdown to Extintion" to unlock brand new levels of Exodus of the Horde storyline - explore ruins of Durnholde or fight against trolls on Alterac Mountains. New levels are intented to be harder and maybe you'll need few attempts to complete them!
  • Remastered tutorial level: Now consist of 3 small tower defence parts, player will learn on practice how to use his towers to stop enemy onslaught, and fight boss in the end!

MINOR CHANGES & TWEAKS

Chapter 4 "Countdown to Extintion":
  • Hard Difficulty was tweaked: Now towers could be fogged down by Zarjira's magic, and she will spawn buffing ghosts, who will buff her murlocs for additional speed;
  • Overall Level Tweaked: Sometimes murloc sorcerers will spawn and rush towards your base - defeat them for valuble rewards, because they're buffing all nearby allies with their powerful aura effects! And be ready for "Cursed Strikes" on your Thrall…
  • Now level should be slightly harder than before;
All Chapters:
  • Tweaked spells, tower description & other text across whole campaign;
  • Corrections to wave enemy numbers in Chapter 1 & Chapter 2;
  • Corrections to wave enemy types for Chapter 3;
  • Minor balance corrections to improve overall gameplay friendliness for players.

MINOR CHANGES & TWEAKS

All Chapters:
  • Minor description tweaks across campaign;
  • Now Thrall can learn "Earthquake" only at 3 level and higher;
  • Now Thrall's Fire Totem can be destroyed by enemies;
  • Added miscellaneous critters across some maps, to increase map overview;
  • Some levels received small doodad and texture augmentation;

PS: If you have some suggestions, problems or questions - please, tag me!
Contents

Exodus of the Horde: TD Edition (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The tutorial map is a missed opportunity that could have been a tower defense one or something to actually enjoy. Moved several times over the last circle for the map to complete. Chapter one is too short. You could have been more creative with waves...
Level 10
tooltip for spirit wolfs is wrong
level 1 has 36hp, level 2 56hp, level 3 96hp. Tooltip says 50hp, 80hp, 120hp
level 1 idk its damage didnt check level 2 does 13-15, lvl 3 19-21. Tooltip for level 2 says 16-17, lvl 3 21-22

Barracks maybe should be set to auto cast by default I left a few off by mistake a couple of times
Barracks may need a slight range increase because on few chokepoints areas the barracks will never spawn grunts on level 2 or move the circles slightly closer to the path
Barracks + bestiary should change tower stats to show hp/armor instead of attack speed

I do like how we have tower choices before the map starts and how most tier 4s have a model change as well
As with your other TD map it was fun playing the base game maps with a different style of gameplay. Hope you do the rest of them

Level 22
tooltip for spirit wolfs is wrong
level 1 has 36hp, level 2 56hp, level 3 96hp. Tooltip says 50hp, 80hp, 120hp
level 1 idk its damage didnt check level 2 does 13-15, lvl 3 19-21. Tooltip for level 2 says 16-17, lvl 3 21-22

Barracks maybe should be set to auto cast by default I left a few off by mistake a couple of times
Barracks may need a slight range increase because on few chokepoints areas the barracks will never spawn grunts on level 2 or move the circles slightly closer to the path
Barracks + bestiary should change tower stats to show hp/armor instead of attack speed

I do like how we have tower choices before the map starts and how most tier 4s have a model change as well
As with your other TD map it was fun playing the base game maps with a different style of gameplay. Hope you do the rest of them
Thanks for suggestions and bugreport - I'll fix them!
  • I don't know why tooltip says wrong things, but I'll correct them and maybe slightly alter spell descriptions;
  • Currently I don't know how to properly make their spawning spells auto-castable (but darkspear tribe barrack on lvl 3 and final lvl have auto-cast by default), but I'll try to do something with it;
  • About tower descriptions - on last momment I wanted to change it, but for some reason didn't. Thank you for your advice :)
I hope that you liked campaign - in future I want to release additional chapters for it, not connected to main orc campaign. Just like in "Kingdom Rush", where you can unlock smaller yet harder additional stories after beating main game.
Thank you again! :)

UPD: About wolf hp, I re-checked and yes - tooltip is correct. Maybe you've played on "Hard" difficulty, because it lowers health handicap for player units.
For another suggestions/problems - already fixed, will soon post a small fix version.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. The tutorial map is a missed opportunity that could have been a tower defense one or something to actually enjoy.
  2. Moved several times over the last circle for the map to complete.
  3. Chapter one is too short. You could have been more creative with waves.
  4. In chapter two, some units might remain on their path or move back and forth on a short distance.
  5. In the third chapter, the game automatically selects two circles at a time in the beginning making it a real issue to select anything. Had to spam a building hotkey to bypass. Same in chapter 4.
  6. Bestiary's selection circle is not visible.
  7. Thunderstrike says it stuns for 0 seconds.
  8. Not sure if intended but Thrall had level 5 and only 4 levels of learned abilities instead of 5.
  9. No bosses in the last chapter!? Meh.
It's a nice remake-edit but can be much more improved as the gameplay is pretty repetitive and choices aren't that meaningful.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 22
  1. The tutorial map is a missed opportunity that could have been a tower defense one or something to actually enjoy.
  2. Moved several times over the last circle for the map to complete.
  3. Chapter one is too short. You could have been more creative with waves.
  4. In chapter two, some units might remain on their path or move back and forth on a short distance.
  5. In the third chapter, the game automatically selects two circles at a time in the beginning making it a real issue to select anything. Had to spam a building hotkey to bypass. Same in chapter 4.
  6. Bestiary's selection circle is not visible.
  7. Thunderstrike says it stuns for 0 seconds.
  8. Not sure if intended but Thrall had level 5 and only 4 levels of learned abilities instead of 5.
  9. No bosses in the last chapter!? Meh.
It's a nice remake-edit but can be much more improved as the gameplay is pretty repetitive and choices aren't that meaningful.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thanks for review and I hope that you've enjoyed!
  • To be honest, I don't really think that tutorial needs an revamp - it's tutorial for whole WC3 and in campaign you can start from next mission immediately, but I agree with you;
  • As I remember, I don't changed tutorial alot from original, but Thrall can just run forward to Medivh without any issues - I'll look onto that;
  • I agree, but for first - you played on which difficulty? Playing on "Hard" will add into human levels additional enemies and boost courage mechanic, which doesn't active on "Easy" or "Normal". But it's the first level and it shouldn't be hard;
  • It's issue that I've encountered in my "Scourge of Lordaeron TD Edition" campaign - in future I'll try to correct it;
  • This is strange… I'll correct that;
  • What you mean "non-visible selection circle"? You mean that you can't select building?
  • Small tooltip issue, will correct that in future;
  • I don't remember that I was tried to make that intended, but player is able to learn most of his spells at least for lvl 1-2;
  • Yep, no bosses. I don't think that level needs active Zarjira, but on the other hand - I agree with you, in current state level is "lame".
About repetitive gameplay - I was tried to re-create "Kingdom Rush"-like TD in WC3, which is repetitive selecting best build and building for 5-10 mintues while watching how towers kills walking enemies.
About choices - what you mean "meaningful"? If you mean achievements - yes, they aren't unlocking new upgrades for towers, only giving attributes for Thrall and gold.

Anyway, thank you for your review! Sooner or later I'll update campaign with addining new chapters to play and correct main campaign. :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
To be honest, I don't really think that tutorial needs an revamp - it's tutorial for whole WC3 and in campaign you can start from next mission immediately, but I agree with you;
True, however, it's off-topic in the sense that the tutorial doesn't help you learn how to play the TD version really, just gives some information that isn't quite useful in the long run.
What you mean "non-visible selection circle"? You mean that you can't select building?
It's too small I guess that you can't see; might be hidden under/behind the model.
About choices - what you mean "meaningful"?
The differences between some buildings is not that big unless you compare their last level (IV).

I forgot to upload the picture with the units stopping moving properly:
unitsStuck.png

Level 22
True, however, it's off-topic in the sense that the tutorial doesn't help you learn how to play the TD version really, just gives some information that isn't quite useful in the long run.

It's too small I guess that you can't see; might be hidden under/behind the model.

The differences between some buildings is not that big unless you compare their last level (IV).

I forgot to upload the picture with the units stopping moving properly:
View attachment 404590
  • Oh, I understand! Maybe some day I'll overcome myself and remaster it properly, but not in coming future;
  • Okay, understood! I'll re-check and try to correct that issue in next content version;
  • About differencies - that's kind like in "Kingdom Rush", where you can't really find big differencies betwheen Dark Knight barrack & Orc Warrior before last tower tier, when they fully utilize their strenghts. I'll try to do something with it;
  • Oh, I understood... I'll correct that, thanks for clarifying…

Level 23
Just checked out - campaign is playable on Reforged! Use Xetanth87's Campaign Splitter to split campaign and play it on latest Warcraft version.
No matter what graphics you would choose, but for myself I prefer Classic Graphics.
Enjoy!
Can I ask how you managed to use his tool successfully with your Exodus campaign? When I tried to split your campaign, it gave me this message:
1661583405087.png

Level 22
Can I ask how you managed to use his tool successfully with your Exodus campaign? When I tried to split your campaign, it gave me this message:
View attachment 405970
Yeah, for some reason it could not work on current Campaign Splitter version, but I used an old version of Campaign Splitter, here is it:

Attachments

• Xetanth87s Campaign Splitter - Play Custom Campaigns in Reforged.zip
    51.9 MB · Views: 24
Yeah, for some reason it could not work on current Campaign Splitter version, but I used an old version of Campaign Splitter, here is it:
The latest update of the Campaign Splitter has now fixed this problem

Level 23
Some notes I wrote down

Ch1
The grunt making tower said it does damage in the tooltip, but it doesn't actually deal any.
What was the dice and courage achievement from first mission? I thought it was to kill citizens around the map, but after seeing the paladin drop gold stuff behind him when walking, I'm assuming we need to keep him alive long enough to collect 20 of them?

Ch2
There is space on bottom of map (where the 2nd goldmine is) for tower slots where enemies never come past.

Ch3
Altar of stuns stun only stuns for 0 seconds, what is the point of it, since the enemies do not cast any channeling spells of anything like that.

Ch4
Some Murlocs getting stuck at the north point of the map, before they cross the water from their base to our base.
No boss unit for chapter 4? I saw the 2 murloc heroes + the Naga sea witch and got excited :( .
Also, there was a leaderboard that said "Survival" or something, but the only unit i saw from that leaderboard was the arcane golem model unit.

General
I like the click flag that skips the timer, it saves time and makes it strategically better to use less time instead of lots of time to prepare.
Was good idea to have 4 towers per mission so we dont get overwhelmed + using different towers is refreshing for different missions instead of it all being the same
Also it still gives me map 1 (the prophet-Thrall map) when downloading this campaign even though its not part of your campaign.
This was a very cool/unique variation of the Blizzard campaigns.

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3.

Last edited:
Level 22
Some notes I wrote down

Ch1
The grunt making tower said it does damage in the tooltip, but it doesn't actually deal any.
What was the dice and courage achievement from first mission? I thought it was to kill citizens around the map, but after seeing the paladin drop gold stuff behind him when walking, I'm assuming we need to keep him alive long enough to collect 20 of them?

Ch2
There is space on bottom of map (where the 2nd goldmine is) for tower slots where enemies never come past.

Ch3
Altar of stuns stun only stuns for 0 seconds, what is the point of it, since the enemies do not cast any channeling spells of anything like that.

Ch4
Some Murlocs getting stuck at the north point of the map, before they cross the water from their base to our base.
No boss unit for chapter 4? I saw the 2 murloc heroes + the Naga sea witch and got excited :( .
Also, there was a leaderboard that said "Survival" or something, but the only unit i saw from that leaderboard was the arcane golem model unit.

General
I like the click flag that skips the timer, it saves time and makes it strategically better to use less time instead of lots of time to prepare.
Was good idea to have 4 towers per mission so we dont get overwhelmed + using different towers is refreshing for different missions instead of it all being the same
Also it still gives me map 1 (the prophet-Thrall map) when downloading this campaign even though its not part of your campaign.
This was a very cool/unique variation of the Blizzard campaigns.

Thanks to @Xetanth87 for the tool that allows us to play campaigns on the latest Patch of Wc3
Thank you for such review! I hope that you've enjoyed campaign even with listed errors, I'll encount them and try to improve campaign in next content version.
  1. Dice & Courage achievement is simple - as I assume that you've played it on Hard, when enemy unit enters map or completes full route, the "courage" ratio will increase, so in order to complete achievement you need to have 20 "courage value", so killing enemy will decrease this value - due to fading battle morale after seeing their brethen death. It's not simple, but still doable;
  2. Okay, I'll ensure them to move here in next version :)
  3. It's usable for microstunning enemy - just to be ensured that your barrack/summoned creatures will engage them and block from completing route. Stunning for 1-1.5 seconds are enourmously big, so 0.35 seconds (or 0 in tooltip due to tooltip rounding) will be enough;
  4. Murlocs love to stuck in somewhere I can't imagine. Also yes, no bosses at all - it's not a problem, I think I'll re-add them in next version.
Although, thank you for your review again! I hope that you've recieved emotions you wanted to receive!

Level 22
With release of 1.35, I'm looking forward to update this campaign by adding full support for Reforged and 3 new levels into it, also slightly tweaking all main levels too.
Some of them would be Tower Defence, but one 100% will be mirrored concept - Tower Offence.

When it will be released? Maybe in February, if nothing extraordinary happen.

Level 22
Decided to continue workout of this campaign, and slightly corrected my current plans:
  • New 1.02 version will have changed tutorial mission, which will consist of 3 parts of tower defence;
  • After finishing chapter 5, player will unlock 2 new missions to play with increased difficulty;
  • Rebalance difficulties in whole game;
  • Translation corrections and fixing remaining text errors;
  • Insuring stability on latest Warcraft 3 Reforged patch to be playable as custom campaign.
No release date for now, but I don't think that would take for long time.

Level 2
The maps are those form the campaign, but the general visuals of the layout can be improved.
Difficult is very low even on higher settings which is a bit frustrating.
I like Tower Defense, but this is just 'average' and not 'exceptional'.

Level 22
The maps are those form the campaign, but the general visuals of the layout can be improved.
Difficult is very low even on higher settings which is a bit frustrating.
I like Tower Defense, but this is just 'average' and not 'exceptional'.
Thank you for your review! It's shame for me that difficulty is low, but I wanted to make it more casual-friendly experience.
You're right - this is remaking of classic Warcraft 3 campaign but in Tower Defence style, and yes - there're room for improvement.
Thank you again.

Level 2
Overall it's a great idea, but there's definitely some bugs. Right now I'm on mission 2, and I managed to block paladin (grunts can attack cage, while paladin can't enter that zone for w/e reason), while my hero is creeping infinity wave (exp isn't capped at lvl 4 or 5, so I guess it was not intentional feature). Overall the idea of making td campaign is very original and cool. The only thing that I really disliked as of now is "click next wave to get some gold" mechanic. It would be nicer if map contained some easter eggs (e.g. original secret level in Dalaran had destroyable crates in it), which we could explore in-between levels. If later on you decide to update campaign, you can try to implement something from War of Corruption TD level (here's a video
), maybe you'll get some inspiration.
1685828143039.png
1685828149494.png

Last edited:
Level 22
Overall it's a great idea, but there's definitely some bugs. Right now I'm on mission 2, and I managed to block paladin (grunts can attack cage, while paladin can't enter that zone for w/e reason), while my hero is creeping infinity wave (exp isn't capped at lvl 4 or 5, so I guess it was not intentional feature). Overall the idea of making td campaign is very original and cool. The only thing that I really disliked as of now is "click next wave to get some gold" mechanic. It would be nicer if map contained some easter eggs (e.g. original secret level in Dalaran had destroyable crates in it), which we could explore in-between levels. If later on you decide to update campaign, you can try to implement something from War of Corruption TD level (here's a video
), maybe you'll get some inspiration.
View attachment 436077View attachment 436078
Thank you for your review! I'm gladly enjoyed it and like your suggestion, however I can tell that I'm trying to do mainly official Blizzard campaign remastering, but I'll take a look into this mission.

Right now I'm on mission 2, and I managed to block paladin (grunts can attack cage, while paladin can't enter that zone for w/e reason), while my hero is creeping infinity wave (exp isn't capped at lvl 4 or 5, so I guess it was not intentional feature)
  • Kinda of balance & small bug issue. He can't enter due to unseen ground blockers, but you can spawn grunts and move them here (they considered as "air" units). Will try to fix it.
It would be nicer if map contained some easter eggs (e.g. original secret level in Dalaran had destroyable crates in it)
  • Kinda agree with your suggestion - I'll look into it and try to add some easter eggs and usable secrets into each campaign level.
Thank you for your review - you help me get better in development case! :)

Level 22
By the way, i hope your campaign will alway requires at least 1.27 or lower so i can play without saving it on document folder. That will attract more people to play your campaign.
Sadly, I don't remember the tools for proper version conversion from Reforged up to pre-1.29. Due to this, lowering the playable version would be impossible, sorry.

Level 12
Hello! Dobryi den!
I played and finished this campaign on the latest version of War3 Deforged (1.36) on classic graphics.
I played on Hard mode on all levels.

Some thoughts:
Cool concept, but as others pointed out, even on hard difficulty it still felt super easy, especially the last mission, i fully upgraded all my towers and still had almost 10k gold left.

I liked the towers and their unique abilities, I can see the similarities between this and the mobile game :grin:

Ok right when I was about to quit, I noticed after I completed the last mission 2 extra missions appeared, that was strange, if I didn't come back into the campaign to do some extra tests for this review I would have never noticed them being there, so.. u might wanna do something about that, like after the last mission ends there should be a tip that there are 2 extra missions available now, or even better, after the final mission ends, the next extra mission should just start right after so there won't be any confusion.

To my surprise these next 2 missions were much harder, it even took me 3 tries to eventually beat the level with the snow region until I got the idea that I just had to kill the boss pretty fast and then the mission ended.

The mission with the alchemist was much easier since there were no high hp units with heavy armor, tho that gimmick of yours where u lose gold if u don't build towers on every spot was pretty annoying :xxd: but it's easy to counter it, just spamming the cheapest towers on every spot and then replacing them whenever u want later in the game, I liked the idea tho.

Same thing with the sentry wards in the frost level, where clicking on all of them gives you a bonus, I would have liked to see more of that.

~Negatives:

The biggest flaw I can think of is that heroes don't get xp when towers get the last hit, I think that's bad since the towers are the main way to kill the units so ur hero will remain under-leveled unless u just stay on 1 line with your hero and only build buildings that spawn units and just hold that line and keep farming there to get xp.

The only main bug I noticed was in the bonus chapter with the Alchemist, some of the enemy units (some bandits) didn't have a body, you could only see their shadow on the ground.

There seems to be a problem with the fps as well, for some reason, the fps dropped a lot when the game started, had between 30 and 50 fps in the normal levels, but in the bonus levels, the fps was much better.

Other negatives I can think of:

- The main levels felt a bit too short. (except the last normal level which felt too long)
That last level had some problems, there was this weird ass random enemy hero that kept spawning and was just walking like a headless chicken in the east part of the map, I was just killing him super easily either with towers and spells and he was giving a ton of money, this is how I ended up with that 10k gold as well, I think that guy needs to be buffed a bit so he feels more threatening and he should come in a wave as the other bosses had and not just wander off at random.

Also at the end of this mission, I expected the main enemy hero (The Sea Naga witch) would come as a boss and attack in the last wave, but she didn't, which made the ending anticlimactic...

- The way units spawned from buildings was kinda weird, I would have loved it if we could tell them where exactly to go when they spawn and stay in that specific area similar to how they do in the mobile game Kingdom Rush.

- Thrall had only one item despite having 6 inventory spaces. I think adding additional items that could be obtained by completing quests or finding them in secret places or from crates/etc would surely make the game more fun.

- U could replace the lumber place with the info of the current level the player is at for example: 1/15 level (if he is at lvl 1) this way the player has a bit more info about the game.

And that's about it from me, I knew I played something similar to this in the past and after checking your resources I noticed u have another similar TD campaign with the human faction, guess I'm gonna play that one next.

My rating for this Custom Campaign is a 𝓑 Tier (Good) with 71 points out of 100.

Level 22
Hello! Dobryi den!
I played and finished this campaign on the latest version of War3 Deforged (1.36) on classic graphics.
I played on Hard mode on all levels.

Some thoughts:
Cool concept, but as others pointed out, even on hard difficulty it still felt super easy, especially the last mission, i fully upgraded all my towers and still had almost 10k gold left.

I liked the towers and their unique abilities, I can see the similarities between this and the mobile game :grin:

Ok right when I was about to quit, I noticed after I completed the last mission 2 extra missions appeared, that was strange, if I didn't come back into the campaign to do some extra tests for this review I would have never noticed them being there, so.. u might wanna do something about that, like after the last mission ends there should be a tip that there are 2 extra missions available now, or even better, after the final mission ends, the next extra mission should just start right after so there won't be any confusion.

To my surprise these next 2 missions were much harder, it even took me 3 tries to eventually beat the level with the snow region until I got the idea that I just had to kill the boss pretty fast and then the mission ended.

The mission with the alchemist was much easier since there were no high hp units with heavy armor, tho that gimmick of yours where u lose gold if u don't build towers on every spot was pretty annoying :xxd: but it's easy to counter it, just spamming the cheapest towers on every spot and then replacing them whenever u want later in the game, I liked the idea tho.

Same thing with the sentry wards in the frost level, where clicking on all of them gives you a bonus, I would have liked to see more of that.

~Negatives:

The biggest flaw I can think of is that heroes don't get xp when towers get the last hit, I think that's bad since the towers are the main way to kill the units so ur hero will remain under-leveled unless u just stay on 1 line with your hero and only build buildings that spawn units and just hold that line and keep farming there to get xp.

The only main bug I noticed was in the bonus chapter with the Alchemist, some of the enemy units (some bandits) didn't have a body, you could only see their shadow on the ground.

There seems to be a problem with the fps as well, for some reason, the fps dropped a lot when the game started, had between 30 and 50 fps in the normal levels, but in the bonus levels, the fps was much better.

Other negatives I can think of:

- The main levels felt a bit too short. (except the last normal level which felt too long)
That last level had some problems, there was this weird ass random enemy hero that kept spawning and was just walking like a headless chicken in the east part of the map, I was just killing him super easily either with towers and spells and he was giving a ton of money, this is how I ended up with that 10k gold as well, I think that guy needs to be buffed a bit so he feels more threatening and he should come in a wave as the other bosses had and not just wander off at random.

Also at the end of this mission, I expected the main enemy hero (The Sea Naga witch) would come as a boss and attack in the last wave, but she didn't, which made the ending anticlimactic...

- The way units spawned from buildings was kinda weird, I would have loved it if we could tell them where exactly to go when they spawn and stay in that specific area similar to how they do in the mobile game Kingdom Rush.

- Thrall had only one item despite having 6 inventory spaces. I think adding additional items that could be obtained by completing quests or finding them in secret places or from crates/etc would surely make the game more fun.

- U could replace the lumber place with the info of the current level the player is at for example: 1/15 level (if he is at lvl 1) this way the player has a bit more info about the game.

And that's about it from me, I knew I played something similar to this in the past and after checking your resources I noticed u have another similar TD campaign with the human faction, guess I'm gonna play that one next.

My rating for this Custom Campaign is a 𝓑 Tier (Good) with 71 points out of 100.

Hello there!
First of all, I thank you for such a deep review. Honestly, I had read it with pleasure and understanding of your negative concerns. Maybe in the future, I won't update this project due to working over "Fourberie", but I'll account for your suggestions and implement them.
After all, I wouldn't say I like difficulty correlation right now, so it would be the main issue to address in v1.03.

Let me answer some of your concerns:

• About the "main campaign is short":
    • I should note that those levels are from tutorial campaign, so their original RTS/RPG variants are short too. Yes, I can elongate them, but it's not a primary issue right now;
  • Additional levels, however, are designed in Kingdom Rush-additional level style: they should be open after finishing a campaign or specific level, and they are harder than normal levels. Their "hardness" is an issue right now and I'm willing to solve it in the next version.
  • Sea Witch boss? Well kinda yes, maybe she could be retro-active boss during the whole level: kinda appearing on a specific line, traveling to finish, and reappearing after a specific time if she is defeated.
  • About the alchemist level, some bandits use Reforged models - I'll double-check them and fix them;
  • EXP Issue - I'll try to fix that, maybe adding some bonus EXP for clearing wave;
  • About Thrall inventory and lumber resource - I agree with you, possibly implement them in next version.
Thank you again, I'm myself enjoyed reading your review!
Thank you.