• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exodus of the Horde (Original Voice Over)

Exodus of the Horde with original voiceovers
-- Obsolete with Reforged, only for Classic TFT --
Exodus of the Horde bonus campaign INCLUDING the voiceover which was included in Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, but was missing in TFT custom campaign. In fact this one is demo-like (Prologue Campaign that came with the original Warcraft III Demo, which includes tutorial levels) for people who would like to play demo, but wants to have latest version features available like widescreen support and alt for healthbars.
You can start either from Tutorial mission or from Riders on the Storm, but your hero is cache-saved through the whole campaign, so if you do start from the tutorial level, you'll have ring +1 def and a couple of consumables with you on Riders of the Storm =) I have also switched Demolishers to Catapults with it's stats on RoC 1.26 and removed TFT upgrades.

Features

• Featuring original voiceover from Warcraft III game Demo installation
  • Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo mission pack: two tutorial missions and three missions from
    Exodus of the Horde custom campaign included in the Frozen Throne installation. Here's a little scheme:

Warcraft III Demo campaign

RoC Prologue

• Chasing Visions
    • Departures
    TFT Custom campaign

• Riders on the Storm
    • The Fires Down Below
    • Countdown To Extinction
  • Featuring original Warcraft III game Demo gameplay (RoC)
You can get more info here. (external link)

Credits

• Campaign by Blizzard Entertainment
  • Compilation by Kostyarik
The reason for me posting this was because a lot of people didn't know there was a voiceover in a custom campaign that was included in TFT installation and that it was a part of Prologue campaign initially, for it contains some essential lore elements specifically why does the horde has blue trolls.

I think I missed nothing in voiceover and text hints, but you know =) bugs and suggestions will be most welcome =)

• Fixed various minor bugs, including the visibility bug with Sen'jin in The Fires Down Below.
  • Loading screens for tutorial chapters are replaced with wc3 game demo version of those.
  • 23.04.15 Updated cinematic map file to hide scorescreen
  • 30.09.15 Fixed ending cinematic in Countdown to Extinction (ships didn't appear in it)

• 03.07.16 Revamped 03.09.15 Fix (the one i made included terrain and unit editing - reverted to original map file, the problem existed because original trigger missed a parameter for some reason, just fixed that)
  • 03.07.16 changed victory scorescreen image to RoC one
  • 03.07.16 changed attack/defence type for heroes and spellcasters to RoC settings ("piercing" for spellcasters and "normal" for heroes, "light" defence for spellcasters)
  • 03.07.16 changed description for items involved in optional quest in mission "Riders on the Storm" (couple of sentences of description in game demo map were shrunk to "Magical %itemname%" for TFT bonus campaign map for some reason)
  • 03.07.16 changed cinematic map not to require to press any key (used "default" loading screen with black backround and all the consequences. This is my lapis offensionis, i honestly don't like the way it looks now, but it appears to be more practical)

• 15.07.16 fixed several sound bugs in "Fires Down Below"
  • 30.01.17 changed cinematic map loading screen
  • 12.01.20 fixed more sound bugs in "Fires Down Below"
  • 12.01.20 changed humans team color to dark green
  • 12.01.20 fixed intro cinematic bug in "Countdown to Extinction" (Sea Witch didn't appear in it)
  • 12.01.20 changed murloc models to use RoC version (just read the wiki lol =) )
  • 12.01.20 changed archmage's name to be Kelen the Seeker only
  • 12.01.20 changed Thrall's attack type to "normal" (RoC version)
  • 13.01.20 fixed murlocks' skin in mission 1
  • 13.01.20 added cinematic subtitles to rescued units from cages in mission 2
  • 13.01.20 changed troll witch doctor's attack to "piercing"
  • 13.01.20 addition to original triggers to fit cinematics for widescreen (hidden units and doodads)
  • 13.01.20 changed scorescreen icon to murloc in episode 4 and 5, thanks to Mayday Much oblidged m8!
  • 21.02.20 remade from 30.01.17 including all the changes with 1.26 version WorldEdit. Should be compartible for all further and previous versions

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Campaign archive also contains unused sound files, which were found in game demo .mpq (the following sound files appear in the Demo but aren't used in any known part, they aren't attached to any trigger):

Riders on the Storm
  • D03Grunt17: Warchief, one of the humans escaped!
  • D03HeadHunter19: Our spears would be no good against that shields, run!
  • D03Thrall16: Humans, just what we needed... Don't let them get away!
  • D03Thrall18: Damn, they'll alert the outpost for sure. Prepare for battle!
  • D03Thrall25: Stay alert, not all the island inhabitants are friendly.
  • D03Thrall30: This wards contain healing power.
  • D03Troll26: Welcome to the village mon.
  • D03Troll27: You are green or I'm just seeing things?
  • D03Troll28: I hope you help us get rid of those nasty humans.
The Fires Down Below
  • D04Footman16: Orcs! Get up!
  • D04Footman23: Orcs, I should have known... attack!
  • D04Grunt11: Free at last!
  • D04Grunt13: Those fish creatures must pay!
  • D04MurlocSorcerer30: You may have rescued the others but I'll see to it that the exalted one does not go completely unpleased.
  • D04Thrall15: There are maybe other creatures down here, these paltry wretches died before they were even sacrificed.
  • D04Thrall17: Will you humans never learn?!
  • D04Thrall20: These cave may lead outside, but we can't leave without the others.
Countdown to Extinction
  • D05Thrall15: One of the shamans must have found a way to purify this fountain.
  • D05Troll13: Hey, you got room for one more mon?
Info on those found here: Warcraft III Demo

Keywords:
Demo Campaign, Exodus of the Horde, voiceover, voice acting
Contents

Exodus of the Horde (VoiceOver) (Campaign)

Reviews
02:55, 17th Apr 2015 Orcnet: The Voice-Overs are truly amazing, I am really fascinated when Blizzard to Warcraft have unfinished business that ends up leaking inside hidden places, who knows we might catch the map based from Tharifas the green...
Level 6
Chapter 3 is available without completing chapter 2.
Weird terrain bug in the first level where large areas of terrain blink on and off (and reveal the terrain when in fog of war. Seen in the first level north of the gnoll camp (wheren the path turns south) and in the second level's intro cutscene.

Chapter 3 is available because some people only want Demo missions, not the tutorial (made to skip one =) )
I'll check about the terrain bug, thank you =)

Level 1
Very nice bundle! I like the ease of use and convenience of it. Not everything has to be custom and original, sometimes little projects like this are welcome. Whenever I replay Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne campaigns in order, I always play first your Exodus of the Horde pack to get a nice sense of continuity.

In this regard, I would love for you to apply Kacpa2's suggestion to change the humans' color to dark green. Not only to be consistent with Kul Tiras' nation color in Warcraft II, but because the Kul Tirans appear again in chapter 3 of the Reign of Chaos orc campaign (Cry of the Warsong) and in the Frozen Throne bonus campaign, and in both of them they are dark green. On the other hand, blue is the standard, boring color the game gives to humans for the second chapter of Exodus of the Horde and all the chapters in the human RoC campaign, so changing the humans' color would make for a nice visual cue that something is different this time... I don't know, it might be a bit of nitpicking but I think it's a good change and easy to apply.

Another thing I want to suggest is to change the loading screen pictures for chapters 1 and 2, I think the ones from the prologue version in RoC are more detailed and beautiful. I don't know if this is feasible or easy to do, though. I know I can play the prologue version and then continue with chapter 3, but I like to save my progress from mission to mission.

Anyway, thanks for puting this bundle together!

Last edited:
Level 6
4th level:
The second grunt's "For The Horde!" isn't voiced and has no origin.

Fixed, thank you =)

In this regard, I would love for you to apply Kacpa2's suggestion to change the humans' color to dark green.

Thanks for your warm comment =) After giving it some thought i think i agree with this, would be quite lore-wise, changed that =)
On the point of changing loading screens - those from RoC prologue were there originaly but i decided to replace them with demo ones, so there would be single lloading screen style throughout the campaign.

P.S. fixed some other minor bugs, see changelog =)

Last edited:
Level 1
Something i have noticed about this campaign about the third, final chapter. The mission is kinda very hard to complete, which surprised me since this is basically a tutorial campaign. The murlocs are constantly attacking not giving you a second to recover, not to mention their overpowering siege golems which are making mincemeat out of my towers. i could barely even complete the secondary objective and i was playing on normal difficulty. Also i have seen that this map has a bunch of neutral creeps like wolfes and thunder lizards, how is it possible to kill them when i cant even leave my base with all the constant attacks? Maybe originally this mission had a 30 minute timer instead of 15min?

Level 6
Something i have noticed about this campaign about the third, final chapter. The mission is kinda very hard to complete, which surprised me since this is basically a tutorial campaign. The murlocs are constantly attacking not giving you a second to recover, not to mention their overpowering siege golems which are making mincemeat out of my towers. i could barely even complete the secondary objective and i was playing on normal difficulty. Also i have seen that this map has a bunch of neutral creeps like wolfes and thunder lizards, how is it possible to kill them when i cant even leave my base with all the constant attacks? Maybe originally this mission had a 30 minute timer instead of 15min?

Sorry m8, it's Blizzard original, changed nothing =)

Level 2
I played this version of the Demo Campaign, today. Everything seems mostly right. However, I did run into a couple of minor things and… one major one.
  • In Chapter Three: Riders on the Storm, I've noticed that destroying any random Human building will sometimes trigger the end of the mission. In the demo, destroying the Altar of Heroes is what normally triggers this.
    (Destroying the Altar of Heroes will consistently end the mission in this Custom Campaign, however.)
  • In Chapter Four: The Fires Down Below, after Sen'Jin is killed by the Murloc Sorcerer, his corpse disintegrates and eventually disappears, just like any slain unit. This does not happen in the demo, however – his body stays right where it is, making the conversation that follows a little less weird.
  • In Chapter Five: Countdown to Extinction, the map acts as expected until there is one minute left on the clock. When the countdown reads 1:00, the game suddenly slows down to an unplayable 0.25 FPS.
    At first, I thought it was because of the absolutely overwhelming amount of units that spawns, at that time. When I replayed the mission and destroyed every single enemy building, however, the game still slowed to a crawl once the clock hit 1:00. So, if I had to guess as to why this happens, it's a simple case of overloading the game engine with requests/commands. And, of course, whether or not the enemy buildings are there to spawn creatures, the map seems hard-coded to make requests every couple of cycles (I think?) to spawn new units.
    (If you're curious, the computer I tried this on isn't exactly a "gaming computer," but it can run the game pretty consistently at somewhere between 20-to-30 FPS at Fast speed, on the lowest graphic settings, and at 1366 x 768 resolution in Windowed Fullscreen.)
Weirdness (and the last thing) aside, this has been a very enjoyable step into the past. I'm very happy that you went to the trouble to make this so people like me can play the full demo campaign in the modern client. (Well… in the last pre-Reforged/Public Test Realm version, anyway. So… June '19?) I also like the one-or-two little changes you made, such as making the Kul'Tiras light-blue instead of Alliance-blue.

Cheers and thank you!

Last edited:
Level 6
I played this version of the Demo Campaign, today. Everything seems mostly right. However, I did run into a couple of minor things and… one major one.
  • In Chapter Three: Riders on the Storm, I've noticed that destroying any random Human building will sometimes trigger the end of the mission. In the demo, destroying the Altar of Heroes is what normally triggers this.
    (Destroying the Altar of Heroes will consistently end the mission in this Custom Campaign, however.)
  • In Chapter Four: The Fires Down Below, after Sen'Jin is killed by the Murloc Sorcerer, his corpse disintegrates and eventually disappears, just like any slain unit. This does not happen in the demo, however – his body stays right where it is, making the conversation that follows a little less weird.
  • In Chapter Five: Countdown to Extinction, the map acts as expected until there is one minute left on the clock. When the countdown reads 1:00, the game suddenly slows down to an unplayable 0.25 FPS.
    At first, I thought it was because of the absolutely overwhelming amount of units that spawns, at that time. When I replayed the mission and destroyed every single enemy building, however, the game still slowed to a crawl once the clock hit 1:00. So, if I had to guess as to why this happens, it's a simple case of overloading the game engine with requests/commands. And, of course, whether or not the enemy buildings are there to spawn creatures, the map seems hard-coded to make requests every couple of cycles (I think?) to spawn new units.
    (If you're curious, the computer I tried this on isn't exactly a "gaming computer," but it can run the game pretty consistently at somewhere between 20-to-30 FPS at Fast speed, on the lowest graphic settings, and at 1366 x 768 resolution in Windowed Fullscreen.)
Weirdness (and the last thing) aside, this has been a very enjoyable step into the past. I'm very happy that you went to the trouble to make this so people like me can play the full demo campaign in the modern client. (Well… in the last pre-Reforged/Public Test Realm version, anyway. So… June '19?) I also like the one-or-two little changes you made, such as making the Kul'Tiras light-blue instead of Alliance-blue.

Cheers and thank you!

Thank you for your warm reply and much informative report. I wanted to abandon this project as long as these maps were included into the Reforged version of Wc3, but after metacritic hype i think i'll update it a bit. Right now i want to convert reforged campaign maps to be compartible with classic TFT, and replace demo maps with those, hope it'll fix the mission 4 death animation bug and mission 5 performance bug. I'll look into those if not =)

Also I'm quite struggling for now - should i change the Sea Witch model (missions 4-5) and murloc custom structures (altar and water towers) to naga ones (according to Reforged) or not. There were requests, but i feel like it's more WoW cannon than Wc3 cannon... and i always prefer to stick with wc3 - i'm old =)))

When I'll take the decision, the update will be available =)

Level 2
Hello guys, I need some help, I cannot make this map work for some reason.

I am on 1.27b and copied the .w3n file inside the Campaigns folder.
Still, the campaign is not visible once I start Frozen Throne and go to custom campaigns.
I have the other version with no voice overs as well and that works.

Am I missing something ?

Level 6
Hello guys, I need some help, I cannot make this map work for some reason.

I am on 1.27b and copied the .w3n file inside the Campaigns folder.
Still, the campaign is not visible once I start Frozen Throne and go to custom campaigns.
I have the other version with no voice overs as well and that works.

Am I missing something ?

Since some patch "campaigns" folder moved to "My Documents" - try investigate into that =)

Level 2
Hi Kostyarik, thank you for the fast reply.

Since some patch "campaigns" folder moved to "My Documents" - try investigate into that =)
The thing is, I have a few other campaigns that are visible. I think the folder movement happened more recently, after 1.27.
What is the minimum patch version that this custom campaign should work with ?

Level 14
1.28 did that. He said he uses 1.27. If you worked on more recent world editor that may be his issue. If so then he needs to get 1.29-1.31.
@Johnnyan Try to get PTR classic wc3 installed. It's at 1.31 and should work, since it's most likely older version of the game not seeing newer version's campaign. Here is a link to official installer for PTR Link

Level 2
You are correct Kacpa2, I just installed the PTR and the missing campaign is now shown.
(I do have another weird issue with the main campaign going directly to Frozen Throne for some reason)

Well, this is unfortunate, I hate the recent changes Blizzard is making and I would rather not depend on BNet neither.
I guess there were some improvements in the editor for modders but this still sucks for people like me.
To be honest I think it was a mistake even for modders to move to the newer versions as this means Blizzard can break their work at any time now.

@Kostyarik
Thank you for all the work my dude, I will play this on the PTR version I guess but I suggest you downgrade to an older version if not too hard (1.27b if possible as it is the last offline one).

PS:
I would rather not completely vent in here but I hate Blizzard so much these days, it's impressive how they reach low after low...

Last edited:
Level 1

I think the issue must be that you updated it(which we all appreciate!) with a later version of the editor than he has. I see the conundrum though- I want to keep a 1.27 working copy myself(Mostly for nostalgia's sake, but also I just plain don't want to download 30 GIGS of data to play WC3 moving forward), so if you have some older versions of the mod lying around I would be glad to see which would resolve thier difficulty and mine.

Thanks in advance!

Level 2
Thank you for your warm reply and much informative report. I wanted to abandon this project as long as these maps were included into the Reforged version of Wc3, but after metacritic hype i think i'll update it a bit.
The, uh… y-yeah. I've been keeping an eye on certain places, and… response to Warcraft III Reforged has been, as Steam store pages might say, "Overwhelmingly Negative" with a large amount of that negativity focused on the forced, 30 GB update and what it brings to the table – or more specifically, what it takes away. But, I don't need to get into that, here.

I absolutely understand abandoning this project in favor of Reforged. That version of the game does exactly what this project set out to do. It also brought a few little graphical tweaks and minor adjustments to the demo campaign, like with how the bridge on Mission 03 rises and the previously-mentioned Sea Witch being a Frozen Throne Naga Sea Witch. The Kul'Tiras Marines are still wearing Alliance Blue, though, so…
Right now i want to convert reforged campaign maps to be compartible compatible with classic TFT, and replace demo maps with those, hope it'll fix the mission 4 death animation bug and mission 5 performance bug. I'll look into those if not =)
I like the idea of back-porting the v1.32 Exodus of the Horde campaign. I can't imagine that too much changed, under-the-hood, if Reforged can run v1.27b/1.31 Custom Maps. I… don't actually know that it can, though. Blizzard just said it would be able to.
Also I'm quite struggling for now - should i change the Sea Witch model (missions 4-5) and murloc custom structures (altar and water towers) to naga ones (according to Reforged) or not. There were requests, but i feel like it's more WoW cannon than Wc3 cannon... and i always prefer to stick with wc3 - i'm old =)))
Well, there's three ways you could go with this:
  1. Keep the Sea Witch as a Banshee. (Reign of Chaos-style.)
  2. Exchange the Sea Witch for a generic Frozen Throne Naga Sea Witch unit with no changes whatsoever. (Reforged-style.)
  3. Make a custom hero: a "ghost" Naga Sea Witch with a custom move set; either her Reign of Chaos spells or, perhaps, a set analogous to her World of Warcraft moves (Frost Nova, Cold/Frost Arrows, Blizzard, etc.)?
That's just my thinking on it, though. Hee hee.
I just installed the PTR and the missing campaign is now shown.
(I do have another weird issue with the main campaign going directly to Frozen Throne for some reason)
There's an easy fix for this, and you're gonna laugh when you read what it is. Ready?

… click the little, square button next to "Single Player" on the Main Menu. Yup. That's all there is to it.
(I mean, you can also make a shortcut to "Warcraft III.exe" and add "-classic" to the end of the Target line, too, but…)

Yup. That's it. And, let me just say that it confused me, too, since the last time I played the game was back in v1.25 or v1.26…
See, for those who don't know, older versions of Warcraft III used to have two separate executables for loading either Reign of Chaos or The Frozen Throne. After v1.27b v1.28d (thanks for pointing that out, pyf!), however, the two EXEs were merged into one file: "Warcraft III.exe."

Anyway, after switching game modes, the game will remember which mode you last opened it in and load that one until you switch it back. Also, , it's worth mentioning that Custom Campaigns and Battle.NET Online Multiplayer aren't available in Reign of Chaos Mode… but, as you mentioned, the Reign of Chaos campaign isn't available in The Frozen Throne mode… unless you load a modified version as a Custom Campaign, of course.

Last edited:
Level 14
@Johnnyan Glad i could help. You can switch to Reign of chaos there is button next to Singleplayer with RoC icon/Thrall's face, it will restart as RoC and there you can go to RoC campaign. It will remember what was the last version so it will start as RoC after that. Just remember to put maps and campaigns in 'My documents/Warcraft III(with subfolders for all these there)'.

Level 2
Hey, thank you for all the replies guys, I eventually figured out the switch, they could have make it more obvious :)

@Kostyarik
Thank you very much for deciding to have a "pre BNet" version for the custom campaign, I am sure others will appreciate this as well.
In the meantime I finished it, thank you for all the effort, it was great having the voice over.
If there is one more thing to suggest is adding some background for the transition screens for the last missions (and maybe changing Demo xxx titles).

Level 1
1.28 did that. He said he uses 1.27. If you worked on more recent world editor that may be his issue. If so then he needs to get 1.29-1.31.
@Johnnyan Try to get PTR classic wc3 installed. It's at 1.31 and should work, since it's most likely older version of the game not seeing newer version's campaign. Here is a link to official installer for PTR Link

I am trying to download PTR but its instaled is at 0% for sometime. Can you confirm it works for you? Did they take the ptr down or what...I want to play this campaign so bad I even uninstaled reforged completely.

Level 1
You are correct Kacpa2, I just installed the PTR and the missing campaign is now shown.

Well, this is unfortunate, I hate the recent changes Blizzard is making and I would rather not depend on BNet neither.
I guess there were some improvements in the editor for modders but this still sucks for people like me.
To be honest I think it was a mistake even for modders to move to the newer versions as this means Blizzard can break their work at any time now.

@Kostyarik
Thank you for all the work my dude, I will play this on the PTR version I guess but I suggest you downgrade to an older version if not too hard (1.27b if possible as it is the last offline one).

PS:
I would rather not completely vent in here but I hate Blizzard so much these days, it's impressive how they reach low after low...

How long did it took to download the PTR mine is stuck at 0% for about an hour now.

Level 14
I am trying to download PTR but its instaled is at 0% for sometime. Can you confirm it works for you? Did they take the ptr down or what...I want to play this campaign so bad I even uninstaled reforged completely.
Stop it and retry, it will work eventually. For first attempt it as also stuck at 0% for me. But next time i didnt work. It will be a bit slow tho initially,

Level 1
Stop it and retry, it will work eventually. For first attempt it as also stuck at 0% for me. But next time i didnt work. It will be a bit slow tho initially,

it installed but I still cant see the custom campaign. Would you happen to know why?

EDIT: nwm now its shown. Jeez almost lost all patience there.

Thanks again

Level 2
@Gonguerf
Kostyarik said it will re-save the campaign for that version, so just have a bit of patience.

Also, if you decide to stay on 1.27 (as me and many others probably), look for RenderEdge Widescreen, I think widescreen support is the only useful thing the newer patches bring to be honest.
(And I actually prefer the stretched version for the interface from that fix versus the black bars from the newer patches...)

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi @All.
Sorry to say but unfortunately i lost the older version of the campaign, and i can't seem to open current one with 1.26 or 1.27 WE (tried lost of stuff, including several levels of mpq editing)...
If anyone has the '17 version on their PC, can u please upload it here or to googledrive or somewhere - i can apply the '20 fixes from there cuz i still remember those, using the 1.27 editor.
Saying that i also won't make the copy-paste from reforged, cuz players still won't be able to open them.

Level 14
Hi @All.
Sorry to say but unfortunately i lost the older version of the campaign, and i can't seem to open current one with 1.26 or 1.27 WE (tried lost of stuff, including several levels of mpq editing)...
If anyone has the '17 version on their PC, can u please upload it here or to googledrive or somewhere - i can apply the '20 fixes from there cuz i still remember those, using the 1.27 editor.
Saying that i also won't make the copy-paste from reforged, cuz players still won't be able to open them.
Well i have spring/summer 2018 one i will check if it works for 1.27. Most likely yes since i still worked on my map with 1.27 in early 2018

Level 6
Hi @All.

Don't worry, it's already awesome that you tried to satisfy us outdated users, not everyone is willing to spend time for that, thanks :D, but now i got a question, do you have maybe a download link for the actual cd demo? i found some but they are the downladeable version which is the same one included in TFT (without voice overs), perphas where you got the voice lines from? i happen to have an ancient 1.07 version cd and i'm pretty sure i could extract the w3n from the demo and play it

Level 2
I found this CD-ROM version of the Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos demo on the Internet Archive. It's in BIN/CUE format, which is easy enough to burn to a disc or open in a virtual drive program. Hopefully, this is what you're looking for.

I also found a CD-ROM demo version of Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, which I didn't even know existed, but that's neither here-nor-there. Heh heh.

Level 4
Hi @All.

DemoCampaign_VO.w3n

9/21/2017 version here, lucky you i just started playing campaigns a few days ago and was looking if there were any updates to this.

Level 2
I checked your version of the campaign, Kacpa2. It also works under v1.31 (PTR) perfectly, except… just like Kostyarik's modification, the final mission seizes up around the one-minute mark. Since you just did some minor editing, I can only assume that there must be some weird inconsistency between the demo version executable and the last Classic version of Warcraft III that plays havoc with "not-quite-gaming" computers.

Amusing, though, Sen'jin's corpse remains persistent in Mission 4. Heh.

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

I Wonder if anyone ever figure to change Kul Tiras marines color to dark green.

Level 6
I Wonder if anyone ever figure to change Kul Tiras marines color to dark green.
It is in this ver =)
@Kostyarik
Once again, thank you very much for doing the version downgrade :)
Np )))
DemoCampaign_VO.w3n

9/21/2017 version here, lucky you i just started playing campaigns a few days ago and was looking if there were any updates to this.
Many thanks for uploading this version, i used it to make downgrade =)

Level 14
Reforged destroyed everything but there is enough said about it and nothing shall change anymore because activision won...people quit wc3 alltogether, avoid/refunded RF and/or dont care anymore. Rest just gets used to the mess to play customs with all the mess and damage. They turned wc3 into a wasteland and as always its up to us to try to rebuild....

Last edited:
Level 4
Reforged destroyed everything but there is enough said about it and nothing shall change anymore because activision won...people quit wc3 alltogether, avoid/refunded RF and/or dont care anymore. Rest just gets used to the mess to play customs with all the mess and damage. They turned wc3 into a wasteland and as always its up to us to try to rebuild....

I suggest people move to WarCraft Rebirth mod by @YourArthas . I have 2 versions (1.26 and 1.30.4) and Rebirth looks breathtaking in 1.30. That way Custom Campaigns are still playable, you dont need to give a sh** about Blizzard and continue the community.

BTW Amazing Campaign. Love the voice acting.

Level 2
Sorry m8, it's Blizzard original, changed nothing =)

But The Frozen Throne did change something significant that was not reverted and I guess no one here has noticed yet. You can check for yourself, but in Reign of Chaos and the demo, Orc Watch Towers had the fortified armor type by default (but not Orc Burrows), and Human Guard Towers also had fortified armor (but not Scout Towers). There was no Reinforced Defenses upgrade for Orc before The Frozen Throne, but it was like a trade-off for Watch Towers to have fortified armor but not Burrows. But in the custom campaign version, towers have heavy armor AND there is no Reinforced Defenses upgrade, so Blizzard kind of screwed us there. This undoubtedly makes Countdown to Extinction harder than originally intended, since heavy armor doesn't reduce any type of damage. Aside from Siege Golems and spells, everything else does more damage to your towers. This also affects the Riders on the Storm mission and to a very minor extent the Departures mission.

Reverting the tower armor types to fortified would make it closer to the original, but there is a related, lesser difference that would still make it a little harder than originally intended. In Reign of Chaos and probably the demo, the normal attack type only did 50% damage to fortified armor, but in The Frozen Throne it does 70% damage. Considering that most melee units do normal damage, that is a fairly significant difference. But this too can be reverted by editing the damage table for normal damage in gameplay constants. See the attack and armor type charts for RoC and TFT here: Warcraft III - Basics -> Armor and Weapon Types or here: Armor and Attack types

Another difference that could make it harder, but would take more effort to revert, is that some things cost different amounts of resources in TFT than RoC and the demo, usually more lumber and/or less gold in TFT. This is especially true for upgrades. As a result, lumber was hardly an issue in RoC and the demo compared to gold, but in TFT lumber can be the bigger issue, requiring more workers on lumber and maybe building new drop-off points once you harvest all the close trees. This could also make it more likely that you may chop down all the trees in an area and open up your base more to attacks if you aren't careful. It's not like the demo maps were designed with the bigger lumber costs of TFT in mind either.

There's other smaller balance differences that are less consequential, but there's a more significant one related to spellcasters like Priests, Witch Doctors and especially Shamans. It's not just that they did piercing damage, they did more damage and it increased with Adept and Master Training. Patch 1.06 changed this, but in Reign of Chaos it stayed that way for the campaign and maps set to the custom 1.01 game data set (balance).

On the other hand, The Murloc Sorcerer (Murloc High Sorcerer in the demo) in the Fires Down Below mission specifically was much stronger due to having custom stats. 975 health, 10 armor and a whopping 97-103 damage. There may have been other differences, but this page shows the main stats and differences with asterisks: Murloc Sorcerer

Thank you for your warm reply and much informative report. I wanted to abandon this project as long as these maps were included into the Reforged version of Wc3, but after metacritic hype i think i'll update it a bit. Right now i want to convert reforged campaign maps to be compartible with classic TFT, and replace demo maps with those, hope it'll fix the mission 4 death animation bug and mission 5 performance bug. I'll look into those if not =)

When I'll take the decision, the update will be available =)

That should all be a separate project if anything. Please do not overwrite this project with that one like how Reforged overwrote the original game. The whole point of this project was to recreate the original demo experience with the voiceover, not the Reforged version. In that regard even the human color change to dark green is debatable, even if it makes sense lore wise. But changing hero and building models or units to Naga is out of the question regarding the original experience. Even Blizzard's custom campaign version didn't change them to Naga. It definitely feels more like Reforged/WoW canon than WC3.

Last edited:
Level 6
In that regard even the human color change to dark green is debatable, even if it makes sense lore wise.
I took that decision according to humans color in TFT orc campaign =) In demo i believe color was made to blue due to commercial reasons - to distinguish humans from orcs showing off the game, so since most of the players are experienced in this game, it made it quite reasonable for me to switch them to color according to the wc3 lore =) I might be wrong, but i believe this campaign is obsolete since reforged contains those missions =)

Last edited: