• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #14 - Stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
So, a couple pics
The template is almost finished (got to add doodads in the top/left area and some pathing blocker fixes around the map)
Fog mostly done (it's part of the gameplay)

the template was "inspired" by an old map of mine, that got corrupted :(
I'm also using an old custom DNC model I made some time ago.

Now working on unit design and map initialization.

full

full

Level 13
I was having fun earlier today making the core mechanic for my concept (that is, Dreadlords being able to disguise themselves) and got a bit carried away with making my city and learning how to store unit types in hashtables, so i thought i'd post a WiP before it looks like i didn't start from nothing :p.

I present: half a city with my awful terraining, muahaha

Top left: mage district
Bottom left: residential area
Top center: cathedral
Center: park

wc3-wip-jpg.275468

Level 13
Been having fun working on this. A whole city felt like too much space to be hunting dreadlords, so i am concentrating on just 1 district at the moment. I have also made the triggers which will cause Dreadlords to lose their sneakiness if they attack NPCs until they disengage from combat.

I have also added a system which lets civilians move around the city in a controlled manner (well it's pretty basic, just orders them to move left, right, up, or down if appropiate :p

wc3-wip-2-jpg.275676

Level 22
This seems like an interesting theme. I thought of a concept and I think it's feasible so I'll join.

Concept:
A 1v1 player map where one player is an assassin (e.g Valeera) while the other player is the target (e.g a prominent person). The goal of the target is to reach a certain destination alive while the goal of the assassin is to obviously kill target and escape. Assassin has a variety of skills (e.g. Backstab, Smoke Bomb, Invisibility, Transform to another person like in GOT's Faceless Men). The target also has some skills (e.g. Temporary True Sight, Illusion) as well and is acompanied by a few Footmen at the beginning. There will be various Footman camps across the map for the target to recruit.
The map will have a conic vision system where you cannot see units behind you adding an element of stealth to the game. I'll add an AI so that it can be played as a single player.

Level 11
Final Entry ;). Hope you enjoy it. If you found some bugs and suggestion feel free to leave a message here or contact me.
k2nbvGS6fJw9zG8vnIqhSx5qGVrUHX5Hd79TWDpsiO2KtycarE6rVwvTcdr1N0bPl1VE1LMuoAbneR2Tq29F-rAg7dUkp63RFttt=w554-h83

This map is present for Minimap Contest #14 - Stealth Theme by Rufus

One day, Jeffreys mother got a car accident at the Spooky Mountain. He don't have any money to pay his mother injuries so he decided to call his friend Mark. He ask his friend to borrow some money but Mark don't have lots of money. So Jeffrey decided to sneak in a Big Mansion which full of mystery. Are you ready or not?

Map Info

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Author's Notes

Z0g5OGkG6H2OYjsnS0iFa-B_YE9_K3G8TsAPapdlh0ihMT6QCaupNRwtQ9Bmyk0ddCjZagel0pXJOVOiD0LMG36b8La6U5StWnla=w305-h83

Author : trebla ratilla
Genre : Mini-game, Strategy, Stealth
Accounts :
* FB : trebla ratilla
* Twitter : @treblaratilla
* Google : trebla ratilla

Gameplay
-You need to "Borrow" what is listed
-You must acquire the payment
-You must escape after you get all the stuff you want
-You must hide. Be alert!
-You can use remote control pet to survey the whole mansion
-You lose if you been capture by the security
-The security can't see you behind within 200 radius but he can see you infront of him within 800 radius
-The securities will survey randomly in the mansion

Features
-Only 1 playable character
-Achievements
-Multiboard System
-Well-Organized Terrain
-Sight Range System

Achievements
* Sneaky - steal 4 things
* Super Sneaky - steal 7 things
* Shadow Sneaky - steal 9 things without using Shadow Spell
* Eagle Eye - steal 9 things
* Hidden Man - steal 12 things
* Sneak Like A Lizard - steal 14 things
* Sneak Like A Legend - steal 17 things
Others :
* Pet Addict - using Decoy three times
* Fashion Lover - using Change Hat five times

Tactics
* Think wisely before you use your abilities
* You must not be seen by the security of the house

eT2PApFIAhnGRyiz-zOF_VYsOXGePGzNLK-18rFyKIWyocRk2fH-AJY-iQ6rxpETLF2CbGOvXtbHtX074VcwcMS_FRTgXydbaRE7=w365-h81

Jeffrey1.png

jeffrey2.png

jeffrey3.png

jeffrey4.png

jeffrey6.png

jeffrey5.png

s-Cr5sgJHooQEbaTsmv9IbZjYWYBxPbj4HFDMr_mrPn2LIq9nGauHd4cPlSaj_49mTDyCFyti3T8uYY9FLyfdKg902KnIpXCc0dD=w329-h83

[2017-09-22]
*Release

l1l2pZS_k-nGvL33qbpp_XWkiL6hpGxE3GOPOdFFR_EpzqTr6Fo9lqNBE43M1DkCThzTuDhdT0uptAGYZ6x9lvaRaMgO9m1ssVOp=w245-h81

Models/Textures : inhuman89, Talavaj, HerrDave, Sunchips, Felz_09, Afronight_76, AlienAntFarm, Supa-, Fingolfin, epsilon, Scythy Dervish, Deolrin, Goldwolf, Mr.Pockets00000, !!GORO!!, Ket, Fantasy69, Pvt.Toma, Blood Raven, JB_McKnight, Ribenamania, olofmoleman, -Grendel, Lender, Fantasy69, Mythic, Hayate, The_Silent, KAIL333XZ, HammerFist132, Mike, icewolf055, Chriz, RaidonGod, Solu09, darkdeathknight and Sin'dorei300
Icon Design : Blizzard Entertainment, Thorneon, SantoRayo[iP], 67chrome and Kola

Thank you guys specially Hiveworkshop, Rufus for the wonderful contest and the modellers. If I have used your models/icons then haven't given credit please contact me.

KA9DmxgW7-AfjAa0tRsrBwun5Ju8FCemPMwF4LHugcJdC9lN1ht5HCzmhN4veuvSEHaoibby-Rdq0RO5V8eHmYiEso-W7mk5bupe=w441-h81

Hi!
-Do not download any fake version of this map just visit Hiveworkshop or contact me
-If you found bugs/suggestions just feel free to message me here or to my account

Attachments

• Jeffreys Mission.w3x
    3.6 MB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Level 13
We cannot use previously started maps, but can we use previously made object data/triggers and put it into a new map with a new idea?

No one's going to know if you used a previous project, especially if it was small and simple, but i think you need to show WIPs so it'll look obvious if you started with something already sophisticated. As far as i know you can import things.

Level 11
They shouldn't. The data is needed for evaluation by the judge. Public version can be protected AFAIR, but you must share judge exclusive as well.
@trebla ratilla What was mentioned in a previous contest was that you could publicly post a protected map, and then send the host/judges of the contest the unprotected version to be properly reviewed.

Edit: And Daffa beat me to saying it :prazz:

thank you guys! :pwink: okay i understand now this is my first time to enter a contest

Edit : i always protect my map because some people their always editing maps not owned them, you need hardwork to make it then they edit it without permission

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
WIP:

windwalked

A simple, throwback map to the early day of aos games. Teams of players fight with basic blademasters and priestess of the moon with a simple invisibility mechanic forced into the middle of the action

* blademaster can learn wind walk and dust of appearance
* priestess of the moon can learn shadow meld and owl scout

progress: Cokemonkey11 / windwalked / Commits — Bitbucket

screenshot:
w37jnGz.jpg

I don't plan to spend more than ~10 hours on this.

Level 18
Ok, so that is my entry
Alien Invasion (single player)

You play as aliens who preparing invasion on human cities. Game goal is to infect a given number of citizens in limited time. Two game modes: Easy and Normal.

You have to gather resources to mutate units into more sophisticated ones. 9 units available, upgradable 3-level Base Structure. Two units (Widow and Dragoon) have "infect citizen" ability.

In the City there are Police Cars patroling streets. If citizen will be killed - soldiers will be send to killed civilian's location. They will come back to Military Base after about a minute if don't find enemy. Up to 4 squads may be send to the City.

wips
screenshoots
entireMap.jpg
game1.jpg
game2.jpg
game3.jpg
game4.jpg
game5.jpg
game6.jpg

Kam
for great seed race found here:
Seed Race

Systems: Bribe, BPower, Rising_Dusk, Earth-Fury,

other models/icons:
RightField
Fingolfin
Callahan
AndrewOverload519
*and*
D.O.G., Dark Hunter1357, Kitabatake, Apheraz Lucent, Ergius, spong3bob, karland90,
Mike, Debode, eubz, Vortigon, Dan van Ohllus, icewolf055, Zerox, stonneash, HammerFist132, Lord_T,
Kitabatake, Mc !, D.O.G., chilla_killa, TLI-Inferno, Pancakes, darkdeathknight, azsure, epsilon, Frankster,
Sunchips, Sellenisko, Scythy Dervish, Carrington2k, Zerox, Kofi_Banan, JB_McKnight, eubz, Goldwolf,
Cavman, hortaxman, HappyTauren, The Weird Human, Red XIII, Mechanical Man, SataX, Kitabatake,
skrab, Ujimasa Hojo, darkdeathknight, Pvt.Toma, JB_McKnight, communist_orc, Amigurumi, Misha
Chriz, D.O.G., Scythy Dervish, kellym0, RED BARON, takakenji, Aeroblyctos, Uncle Fester, Ribenamania,
skrab, Pvt.Toma, Grey Archon, Trollschnitzel, Ket, HappyTauren, MassiveMaster, 3rgytr54,
takakenji, The_Silent, Zerox, Illidan(evil)x, Markos3520, Sunwarrior25, .KC, CloudWolf, TheCoachPotato

Attachments

• StealthByZibi.w3x
    7.6 MB · Views: 168
Level 22
WIP:

windwalked

A simple, throwback map to the early day of aos games. Teams of players fight with basic blademasters and priestess of the moon with a simple invisibility mechanic forced into the middle of the action

* blademaster can learn wind walk and dust of appearance
* priestess of the moon can learn shadow meld and owl scout

progress: Cokemonkey11 / windwalked / Commits — Bitbucket

screenshot:
w37jnGz.jpg

I don't plan to spend more than ~10 hours on this.
Are the judges fine in judging multiplayer maps or are you planning to add an AI? The map I'm planning to create is also multiplayer but it's difficult to put an AI into it due to the systems involved and a computer player does not have a "local machine" for GetLocalPlayer().

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
Are the judges fine in judging multiplayer maps or are you planning to add an AI? The map I'm planning to create is also multiplayer but it's difficult to put an AI into it due to the systems involved and a computer player does not have a "local machine" for GetLocalPlayer().

I don't have any expectations for the Judges, but my map has some basic AI yes.

At this point I probably won't have time to improve it much. I plan to submit my final entry this week.

Cokemonkey11

Code Reviewer
Level 29
This is probably my final submission (I'm leaving for a few weeks).

windwalked version 0.0.1

war3mapPreview.png

A throwback AoS map with asymmetric creeps and black vs white heroes - 5 priestess of the moon vs 5 blademaster.

Priestess Abilities:
* Owl Scout
* Searing Volley
* Shadow Meld
* Starshot

Blademaster Abilities:

* Windwalk
* Hall of Mirrors
* Dust of Appearance
* Bladestorm

This map also features basic AI!

Changelog since 0.0.0:

* Ranged creeps added
* improved reliability and AI of siege
* Added a more interesting respawn system - when heroes die, they respawn with their team in unison.
* Added two new abilities - searing volley (active) - after casting, the next basic attack will be followed by a volley of searing arrows; hall of mirrors (active) - dashes in the target direction
* general ability tooltip, hotkey, and level consistency improvements (all abilities now have 6 levels)
* new item - Mask of Death (15% life steal on-hit)
* Each team now only has one helm, and that helm binds on pickup.
* AI improvements - blademasters will now use the pig farms for healing; priestesses will now cast Owl Scout if they observe a blademaster using windwalk.

As usual the source code is all available here - Cokemonkey11 / windwalked / source / — Bitbucket

windwalked is powered by wurst.

Attachments

• (10)windwalked0.0.1.w3x
    215.2 KB · Views: 144
Level 25
@AditTechno Whenever I start losing motivation, I watch or play whatever type of thing got me inspired in the first place. If that doesn't work, then it's probably better to bail on that idea. Thankfully we still have a whole month left to whip something up. That's about as long as most of the past contests were from start to finish.

Level 11
I finally manage to provide some WIPs which I have been working past.

Firstly, my map design will be based on dungeon layout, as shown in WIP 1

full

For WIP 2, it is demonstration of my detection system, it will automatically resize if unpathable area is detected. (Temporary done, if extra time I will refine it)
Green line = undetected
Red line = detected

WIP 2 also shows that the dungeon wall be will lowered for easily viewing player's character while player sight range is blocked.

full

Hopefully this time i could finish it :p

Level 11
Another WIPs incoming for me. Map name is set to "Silence Intruder" for now.

Third WIP shows the demonstration of unlocking a locked chest. Chest Key can be used to see its name. Player can go near chest and check the chest's status.

full

Fourth WIP shows the demonstration of opening a locked door using key, and closing the door afterward. Dungeon Key can be used to see its name, but door may not be.

full

That's all for now.

A side note, where the other contestants amazing WIPs?

Level 11
i love your idea @Tickles ,goodluck :infl_thumbs_up:

Edit 1 : Another WIPs, fixing some triggers
wips.png
loadingscreen.png

Edit 2 : Achievement System fix, need fix Security Sight System
Untitled.png

Edit 3 : Security System fix, need improvement about the flashlight it will turn to red once the player been seen by the Security!:cute:hahah hardwork to do
asdasd.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.