• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.31 PTR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When manipulating the cooldown of metamorphosis during a spell effect event, the game crashes. (This has already been observed for a while).

When going through the campaign editor, and attempting to change tooltip parameters after saving a campaign, the editor crashes. This was tested on a custom item's tooltip. (Probable cause of crash is the tooltip previewer)

Last edited:
When manipulating the cooldown of metamorphosis during a spell effect event, the game crashes. (This has already been observed for a while).
It also crashes when you use the cooldown manipulation outside of spell events for such self morhping spells. Also happens for some summoning spells or when manipulating manacosts for such spells.

When going through the campaign editor, and attempting to change tooltip parameters after saving a campaign, the editor crashes. This was tested on a custom item's tooltip. (Probable cause of crash is the tooltip previewer)

The video below should demonstrate what happened. Around the 00:10 mark, the program suddenly halts and crashes, though the video does not show it.

Also, dealing with campaigns, when one changes the abilities of an item in the map's object editor, the game will crash when the item is picked up. This only occurs via Test Map.

Attachments

• wc3 PTR Fatal Error.avi
    6.9 MB · Views: 236
Level 3
I noticed in the PTR when you modify a tileset you can add/replace cliff tiles... problem is it doesn't seem to work. The tiles show up in the terrain window, but on the map itself it doesn't show up. Tried rebooting the computer and reloading the map.

Trying to create a custom ability based on the new Orb of Fire ability (named Shadowmeld in the Object Editor) and testing that ability will result into the game crashing, if the Game Data Set has not already been set to the latest patch, or is a melee map.

EDIT:

The new ability's regen parameter is found in Day/Night duration. The formula for the reduction of hp regen percentage is as follows:

JASS:
(parameter)*(hp regen of unit).

For the attack dice parameter, it is found in Fade Duration. This field is straightforward to use.

Attachments

• OrbOfFireTest.w3x
    29 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Level 3
Jesus Christ on a stick! I had been busy this month so I wasn't aware of the new patch but yesterday I tried to load the campaign I've been working on and it's a complete mess. Almost every unit I had customized or changed (especially those that had imported models) have been completely scramble. I got wrong descriptions, names, skills and upgrades in all my techtrees.

Fortunately, I have backups of my work. Can somebody tell me if this mess is going to be fixed or something?

I found an issue too (I didn't find it already with the search tool, so I post it):

- In Warcraft 1.30 weapons are 1-indexed (weapon 1, weapon 2)
- In Warcraft 1.31 weapons are 0-indexed (weapon 0, weapon 1)
And Blizzard doesn't have the intelligence of doing the conversion. So you can't have it to work at the same time for 1.30.4 and 1.31...

In my example :
- I edited a map with war3 editor 1.30.4. I have a unit with only one weapon, weapon of index 1. In a trigger, I set base damage to 100 for weapon of index 1.
- I play with 1.30.4 : no problem, my trigger works.
- I play this map with 1.31 : damage is not set (because the unit's weapon 1 has become unit's weapon 0...)
- I edit this map with 1.31 : index is still "1" in my trigger, Blizzard hasn't done the conversion...

^I don't really know, honestly, but I mean in the long term.

I'm honestly a bit confused by so many people acting like they are losing something tangible (aside from a little bit of hobby time) with these issues. Are people actually earning money off their maps, or something? (honest question - aside from that netease business in china)

Level 14
Does anyone know what exactly this statement means:

Pete Stilwell said:
Thanks for the help on PTR over the weekend. We’ll keep an eye on live health, but hope we’ve addressed the major issues introduced with 1.31 so the team can pour full effort into Reforged.

I.e. will there be further (major) patches for Wc3 after Reforged release? Or was 1.31 the last big patch?

I am asking because I need to decide how to proceed with TESH...

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi all,

im slowly starting to hate Blizzard. I payed for this game and they are always making this game unplayable. I cant run my Warcraft 3 normally, if i want to run the latest patch i need to run it threw W3 launcher, which is annoying. Where the fuck has all my maps gone? It just shows me folders with "frozenthrone" and "scenario", but in my W3 folder in map folder i have also "my maps" and "downloaded maps" folder, which doesnt appear? Patch before it i had ANOTHER PROBLEM wit hmy cursor, this problem is now fixed but holy fuck there is bunch of other problems, which makes this game unplayable. Also if i download other patch (example patch 1.27) it wont switch to that patch and will remain with patch 1.31 which has problems, which i described. Does anyone else have the same problems as me? How can i find the "Maps",which this patch shows maps from so i can add my downloaded maps and my own maps im currently working on? (Btw i even tried to reinstall the game 3 times, that didnt work).

Hi all,

im slowly starting to hate Blizzard. I payed for this game and they are always making this game unplayable. I cant run my Warcraft 3 normally, if i want to run the latest patch i need to run it threw W3 launcher, which is annoying. Where the fuck has all my maps gone? It just shows me folders with "frozenthrone" and "scenario", but in my W3 folder in map folder i have also "my maps" and "downloaded maps" folder, which doesnt appear? Patch before it i had ANOTHER PROBLEM wit hmy cursor, this problem is now fixed but holy fuck there is bunch of other problems, which makes this game unplayable. Also if i download other patch (example patch 1.27) it wont switch to that patch and will remain with patch 1.31 which has problems, which i described. Does anyone else have the same problems as me? How can i find the "Maps",which this patch shows maps from so i can add my downloaded maps and my own maps im currently working on? (Btw i even tried to reinstall the game 3 times, that didnt work).

Not really sure why you're venting in the PTR thread when the official version was released quite a while ago.

Your maps folder should now be in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps"

Level 2
Not really sure why you're venting in the PTR thread when the official version was released quite a while ago.

Your maps folder should now be in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps"

Yes yes, there "should" be that folder. And yes, it is here. WITHOUT MAPS. That means, that the warcraft patch needs to get these mapa dats from other place.

Yes yes, there "should" be that folder. And yes, it is here. WITHOUT MAPS. That means, that the warcraft patch needs to get these mapa dats from other place.

From your post it seemed like you were mainly talking about custom maps and your own maps? I add my maps to that folder and they show up just fine.

I don't know where the default Blizzard made maps are stored.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 2
@Arodon. you need to create the folder yourself if it's not there.

@Arodon. you can access them through the editor.
If i go to editor, it opens up a folder, which is in Warcraft 3 installation folder. Those maps shows only if you play "normal" warcraft 3 ( with the patch warcratf 3 had when you installed it, for me it is patch 1.21b). But when u try to run the neweset patch you downloaded by Warcraft Launcher, the patch doesnt take maps from this folder, but from some other place. I want to find where are those maps in newest patch from.

Level 2
@Arodon. for me the game sees maps and campaigns under this location:
Warcraft III Data Migration

Thank you for this link i finally solved it. So problem was that i had one folder in documents but there was nothing. No map files so i thought the newest patch need to take ORIGINAL maps from some other place. However i found that those ORGINAL maps are here by default and cannot be changed so it also doesnt appear in that folder. I discovered it by trying to put one custom map file into map folder in documents and what i found was, that amongs the original maps there was that one custom. So i just went back to folder and created new folders with name like Downloads and My maps and it worked. Finally.

However there is still the problem that when i want t olaunch the newest patch, i need to first open that Launcher which opens window with "Starting Warcraft III..." and than it opens the "Warcraft III: Frozen Throne" window where you have two buttons first "Repair" second "launch" so you have to click on launch to launch patch 1.31. It is annoying why wouldnt just directly open warcraft III when i click on laucnher instead of doing this? It is not that big problem so i can live with it.

Thank you so much for your help :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
However there is still the problem that when i want t olaunch the newest patch, i need to first open that Launcher which opens window with "Starting Warcraft III..." and than it opens the "Warcraft III: Frozen Throne" window where you have two buttons first "Repair" second "launch" so you have to click on launch to launch patch 1.31. It is annoying why wouldnt just directly open warcraft III when i click on laucnher instead of doing this? It is not that big problem so i can live with it.
No, within the Warcraft III folder there are two folders, one called X86 and another x86_X64. Within them you have Warcraft III.exe.

Level 2
No, within the Warcraft III folder there are two folders, one called X86 and another x86_X64. Within them you have Warcraft III.exe.
Thanks alot mate. Everything is working right now. I can now see that these problems were just cause cause im idiot. Thanks for your patience.

Level 2
Well... Warcraft 3 is dead so im forced to play a cracked 1.20 version haha i feel like living in the past now... Good job blizzard, reforged killed it

Level 11
Well... Warcraft 3 is dead so im forced to play a cracked 1.20 version haha i feel like living in the past now... Good job blizzard, reforged killed it
There is a big issue though: how are we going to keep custom maps compatible? Some people will use the current version, or 1.20, or 1.26, etc. I'm afraid it might split the community, which is exactly what Blizzard tried to avoid (at least that's what they claimed).

Reactions: pyf
@Sieben to me, they are the ones who pretty much nailed the coffin when they launch the messy 1.30 and the recent release of Reforged.
Damn was gonna transfer my reforged map to 1.30.4....

Should i continue to downgrade to 1.29??
I would say 1.30.4 is a pretty safe patch to downgrade to?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I recall nope, might be a bad memory. Pretty sure 1.30 for the most part has tons of mess, as well as 1.31.

1.29 editor has a bit of a not so glaring bug regarding the editor minimap. If you can live with that, should be fine.
1.30.4 works fine. 1.31.1 has memory stack issues and problems with events not working after game load.

Reactions: pyf
Level 2
well i only managed to find 1.20 so anyone could suggest wher to look for 1.26 or 1.29? i think past 1,31 the wc3 kinda.. went buggy.. then there is 1.32 which i dont wanna talk about... @Sieben Sir, custom campaigns don't exist as for thecurrent patch and anything creative that is made in Reforged will be owned by Blizzard. Clearly they don't want anymore DOTAs and Leagues. So any map maker will get nothing for his trouble and hard work, Blizzard gets all the credit

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
One cannot complain about issues 1.31 has anymore. As many have been fixed by 1.32.
This is not on complaining about older patch bugs but not being able to find the version legally anymore.

well i only managed to find 1.20 so anyone could suggest wher to look for 1.26 or 1.29? i think past 1,2 the wc3 kinda.. went buggy.
Warcraft 3 Legacy Installer (1.21b - 1.27a)
[Need Help] Back to 1.29

Some might want the other versions as well:
Patch 1.30.4 Backup Game Files 1.30.4 archive (tommi gustafsson)
Patch 1.31.1 Backup Files 1.31.1 archive (masterblaster)

Last edited:
Level 2
Ugh @deepstrasz thanks but actually i need 1.29.2 if possible, looked everywhere but couldn't find it, would appreciate your help one last time. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.