• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Terraining Contest #9: Cataclysm

the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining9banner.jpg

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
9.png

Cataclysm: Violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

Theme: The theme is Cataclysm, this means that you will have to make two terrains; one terrain which is before the cataclysm takes place, and then another one depicting the terrain how it looks after the destruction.
Creativity is encouraged :)

• No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any model does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • An in game screenshot showing your submission in action.
    • The file in the appropriate format.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Map may only be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. Or any other models taken from either Hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns register.
  • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain (however you may use them to crop).

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

judges.png

- Keiji.
- Leet.Firefox.
- Hadezor.

Tell me if you want to be one.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 8 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Wednesday, 10th March and conclude on Wednesday, 5th May, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT

Last edited:
Level 19
I gotta say I really love this theme and that's a reason I might give it a shot to enter.
I will never get a top 3 spot anyway but I would love to give it a shot.
Only problem is exams.. Hope I can combine this with it a bit.

Level 36
It would have to be public in that case >.>

As the rule states "models taken from either Hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns register"
And exams is the reason I've made it this long.

Personally I am un-sure about entering, as I dont even have the slightest idea of what I would make.
But, I guess I got plenty of time to think about it :)

Level 11
Wonderful theme! I'd like to take part :)

EDIT: I'm not arguing with the rules, but why do the rules on imports are restricted only for THW and Wc3C? Why not using models from XGM / TheHelper or other sites? With providing links/redits?

Level 36
Finally something for me :razz:
I'm in for sure :thumbs_up:

Edit: Map size must be specific or?
Can we use JNG?

I dont get why people ask this much, if there ISNT any specifics in the thread, then there ISNT any specifics, the only specifics there are is already stated. So no, there is no map size limit, and I am presuming JNG is a picture profile? If so, then yes, you can, as long as people can see it.

Also, Aspard.

Consider it this way: The rules are REALLY the following
"Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. The host must clear any additional imports."

So I altered it to give somewhat more freedom, seeing as the UTM is starting to get outdated, and it is restricted to THW and Wc3C because it IS first and foremostly a THW contest, Wc3C is simply because it is HIGHLY associated with THW.

I dont get why people ask this much, if there ISNT any specifics in the thread, then there ISNT any specifics, the only specifics there are is already stated. So no, there is no map size limit, and I am presuming JNG is a picture profile? If so, then yes, you can, as long as people can see it.

Also, Aspard.

"Map may be based on the Ultimate Terraining Map. The host must clear any additional imports."

So I altered it to give somewhat more freedom, seeing as the UTM is starting to get outdated, and it is restricted to THW and Wc3C because it IS first and foremostly a THW contest, Wc3C is simply because it is HIGHLY associated with THW.

Ok, thanks man!

Level 11

Also, Aspard.

Yeah It annoys me too when people ask questions that really don't need to be asked. Rules are posted. If its not there and doesn't violate common sense, its allowed. =)

Also, I think I'm in.

Last edited:
I using of High res pack against rules?

interpreting the rules, no it's not.

about time this came up, i'll judge if you want me to
also, can we use gilles criteria, it's the easiest and shit i don't even know the others
(plus i have easy access to that one)

ps, pharaoh, i assume you'd have to talk to the person whos skin it is

Level 36
So let's say a skin doesn't have team color, but I want to add some for color variation, is this acceptable? I mean team color doesn't actually "add" something new to the resource, that public is not aware of. It's just some team color for crying out loud. I know that might sound kinda dumb, but hell, we are going to be judged here :p

What we dont know; we cant disqualify. Lets just leave it there... :)P)

Status
Not open for further replies.