• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #9 - Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
agreed to. it makes it much more visible without dragging your eye away from the main magic generator thingy

Level 18
Change Art - Max Roll Angle (degrees) from 0 to 360
Change Art - Maximum Pitch Angle (degrees) from 0 to 360

Look at your terrain now! :cute:

EDIT:

inprove = improve :grin:
Btw:

I think that your terrain look empty, I mean it is Orc Town (City, whatever)
how you make it now it looks as something strange happen! It looks scary (creepy)! You can add guards to walls, also try to make merchants, place large Kodo Beast just outside gates (You can replace it with giant skeleton for apocalypse), Add troll, tauren, ogre, orc, large number of different units, make that city ALIVE! You should understand what I want to say!

What I say for first I can say for second one, you must add smoke, more fog, create destroyed towers (I forgot to tell you that above), weapons on the ground, destroyed houses, dead animals!

You don't need sky in second picture, use very dark fog and make night, with epic lightning and special effect (I can see that my Volcano teach you something (Sry maybe not you but I can see my work there :razz:)) it will look awesome!

Just fire and empty wall don't go!

How am i able to make destroyed towers? (sorry if it sounds noobish) and ye at the vulcano you mean that explosion? cause if so ye if learned from you :p and about epic lightning how should i make that? (sorry im not that professional in terraining)

Ok I can't write all that I want to say or even try to explain all that :razz:

So I just make something like this, I hope it helps :thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Durotar After Catalysm.jpg
    Durotar After Catalysm.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Durotar Before Catalysm.jpg
    Durotar Before Catalysm.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 160
Level 20
@WherewolfTherewolf
Very original idea of making a generator and it's explosion as cataclysm :smile:
The pre-cataclysm is fine,but cataclysm isn't,it doesn't really have much...destruction,it rather looks to me as if the generator just started blowing up. You should make it like it has already blown,with some fire,blown parts and lightning going to random directions.

Level 19
Time for mega to enter!

"Creativity is encouraged :)" -- Be amazed by the Chuck Norrisness of my first WIP picture! This is, of course, the before terrain. (Almost finished.)

Attachments

• P1010054.jpg
    P1010054.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Terrain Contest 9.png
    Terrain Contest 9.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 221
Level 1
Here is my non-finished entry. Not really devastating, but at least it's still cataclysm related ^-^
And it's my first actual terraining.
As of now i'm not really satisfied with my post cataclysm thingy, and i lack ideas to continue.
Oh yeah! the trees got different sizes, but i'll fix that later :xxd:
Appreciating any comments or ideas

Attachments

• PreCata.jpg
    PreCata.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 173
  • PostCata.jpg
    PostCata.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 118
Level 11
I'm in, too.

cataclysm009.jpg

That looks a bit evil to be PRE cat haha, but I don't know the direction your going with this, so if your gonna pull something awesome out of your sleeve don't let me stop you!

Edit: Oh but nice job picking good custom models. trees = good, dragon = good, sky = good (though idk if thats import or somthing), castle = good.

Level 18
thought i might give this a stab.

heres a WIP and finished pre-cataclysm terrain

I will polish after Post-cataclysm is done. Any suggesttions ? i myself am gonna add more variety in doodads etc. im gonna replace that ugly grass model too =/

Btw very nice megafyr, thats DEF first place.

Attachments

• TC9 - WIP 1 Pre Cata.png
    TC9 - WIP 1 Pre Cata.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Pre-Cataclysm Terrain Contest 9 Entry.png
    Pre-Cataclysm Terrain Contest 9 Entry.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Level 18
k this is my final " pre - Cataclysm " terrain

The post catyclsm will arrive soon.

Edit: And there u have it, Post catyclism.

May or may not be final entry. give me critisism to make them better. and btw i forgot to make a wip of Post-cata so ...sorry lol

Story :

It was a bright and cheery day in a greek landscape....Then on 2012....somthing happened.....

And now the world is run by gargoyles the end ^.^

Attachments

• Terrain Contest 9 Final Submission edited.png
    Terrain Contest 9 Final Submission edited.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 859
  • Post-Catcylsm Terrain contest 9 Wip-final.png
    Post-Catcylsm Terrain contest 9 Wip-final.png
    936 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:
Level 48
Pre-cata: The stretched rocks look bad, the cattails DEFINITELY look bad and out of place(they stick out because of their color), dark-green bushes look kinda... meh, it's fine but not the best choice or w\e. Otherwise, absolutely awesome.

Post-cata: Absolutely awesome, though the lava cracks look a tad bad on the lava, like some scratches or something. Also the foreground(shores) is lacking, could use some more details or something, like more burned down trees or burned grass or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.