1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #15 - Co-op Commanders [Optionally Paired]

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Wazzz, May 29, 2020.

1. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, my main character is Uther. Others remain out of competition.

2. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    -The differentiating factor between the two units is basically the same as all T1 melee units vs T3 melee units (resources cost, food consumption, training times and Tier requirements). In battle, Invaders have higher mobility, damage and are more versatile. Marauders instead have a higher attack speed and can be trained faster and cheaper. Remember that the two units have an ability that greatly beneficts from fightning together, so perhaps Marauders can get a greater advantage of this, while Invaders can be greater individual damage dealers.

-Strategically, the Kodos can be used to easily gather resources that are at larger distances rather than waiting until a Main Hall is built in the location.

-Pathfinders can lighten the work of the Gatherers by doing the construction labors. As for their later usage, more Pathfinders means more operators for siege weapons and this means more fun destroying enemy buildings :D

In my last WIP I mentioned that late game of this faction can be essential to reach its full potential.

And this is what is coming for the Warsong Clan, the black building at the back is the Black Shrine, the ultimate building and research center for upgrades that will further enhance the faction units:
    WIP5.PNG

BTNSpell_deathknight_bloodboil.png Mannoroth's Blood By drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, the Warsong Clan binds their will to the Burning Legion in exchange for enhanced demonic powers. Transforms Warsong Orcs into Chaos Orcs, increasing their base damage, attack speed and hit points. Spiritual Guides and Elder Sages will be transformed into Bloody Tricksters and Demonists respectively, enhancing their abilities with demonic energies. Grom will also receive improvements for his abilities. Unlocks new upgrades that will improve further the Chaos Orcs power.

3. Bangsgaard

Bangsgaard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Really excited to see what you will do with Grommash. I have a similar commander in my map with a similar design philosophy

4. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Love the icon choice for this, and the transition is looking very intriguing. Grom Hellscream with chaos blood transition seems very fun to play :)

5. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Apologies for not posting any updates on my entry for some time now...
    Now this is not a WIP but just some stuff... you know.

Since I realised ships should be rather complimentary, and not a core part of the tech-tree, Kul Tirans will use strong Artillery instead.
    Now that doesn't mean this map won't have ships, but Artillery should be a replacement on land maps, in regard of balance.

The idea is to have a simple ass Cannon with some upgrades, as well as a T3 Bombard (not yet modelled).
    It will be much more powerful than any classic siege weapon. Not simply in OP damage, but rather the use of special artillery shells, against single target / AoE or buildings of course.

I plan the Kul Tirans to be generally sturdier than Easter Kingdom Humans, so their stats and food cost should be higher (thicc-boys like to eat a lot, if you played WoW).
    There will be a light user support caster, as well as a sea magic Tide Sage attack caster. And perhaps a very special Kirin Tor T3 caster, still loyal to Jaina.

Of course as always you can expect models and skins for the entry... so yep, I'm still in the race!

NotWIP.PNG

6. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    WIP #2

The hero will be published on June 21, 2020. Wait, he's already there.

7. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Complete Arsenal. After this, I will post the entire race.

Arsenal.png

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Bamboo!

Looking fancy, man. : )

9. Moonman

Moonman

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome! I can see an Alemental in the tech-tree... Will play your map with a cold one fore sure! (even got some Asian beer at home)

10. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    With slight delays and problems ... but I still draw up the resource.

Done
    I present to you Uther the Lightbringer, led by the Knights of the Silver Hand
    Duststorm Uther (W3Legends)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2020
  11. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    My race is done. You can download it or preview it's description here:
    TC15 Chen Stormstout

Any feedback is welcome.

12. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    LogoAntonidas.png

Antonidas is a master wizard of the Kirin Tor. When he goes into battle, he brings with him a potent magical
    arsenal, one of which is the Anchor Spires. These summoning towers will bring forth deadly constructs and
    elementals, powerful mages, and a mystical menagerie, among other things, and bind them to it. Should the
    Spire fall, their charge will be killed, but while connected, they cannot truly die.

13. Bangsgaard

Bangsgaard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very cool stuff. What will the rest of his army be based on?

14. Spellbound

Spellbound

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't have the full roster yet, but a golem-type of unit is planned. I'm also thinking of making the High Elf Dragonhawk into some sort of flyer mage. For the rest I'm still brainstorming.

15. Hjorleif

Hjorleif

Resources:
    Resources:

The buildings, Peasant and Footman are amazing. I can't wait.

I especially love that Footman, fits the WoW look perfectly. Are you planning to do a Knight as well?

16. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    DOWNLOAD THE MAP FROM HERE: Duststorm - Grom Hellscream

Grom.png

Grommash "Grom" Hellscream was the legendary chieftain of the Warsong clan. He was the first orc who drank the blood of Mannoroth the Destructor, thus binding the Horde to the Burning Legion — and he would eventually pay the ultimate price to free himself and his people from the curse.

Grom Hellscream moves with a warrior’s grace and his reflexes are fast and abrupt. He is devastating in melee, and lays waste to the battlefield with his mighty axe Gorehowl, slaying foes with deadly whirlwinds and powerful strikes.

Grom's abilities
    Icon Ability Description
    PASHellscreamBerserk.png Juggernaut [Innate ability] - When Grom receives or deals damage, it has a 18% chance of get 1 Juggernaut's charge. Each charge increases damage by +1, critical chance by 3% and critical damage by 10%. When Grom casts any of his abilities, all charges collected will be expended to improve the ability used. A maximum of 15 charges can be reached. Each charge lasts 20 seconds or until Grom casts an ability.
    BTNWarrior_talent_icon_ravager.png Deadly Spin Grom swings his mighty axe in circle to deal damage to 4 nearby enemies.
    • Level 1: 40 base damage.
    • Level 2: 70 base damage.
    • Level 3: 100 base damage.
    [Juggernaut] - Each charge increases base damage by +5, critical chance by 3% and critical damage by 10%. Critical damage is individual for each target. At 10 charges or more, Grom will spin twice, causing half of the base damage. This second spin will not benefit from Juggernaut's charges.
    BTNWarrior_talent_icon_furyintheblood.png Intimidating Shout Shouts with great ferocity, stunning nearby enemies for 2 seconds. Grom's attacks inflict additional pure damage to the targets.
    • Level 1: 10 additional pure damage on attacks.
    • Level 2: 16 additional pure damage on attacks.
    • Level 3: 22 additional pure damage on attacks.
    [Juggernaut] - Applies Confusion to affected enemies, slowing their movement speed by 30% and causing them to have a 25% chance to miss on attacks when the stun ends. Confusion lasts 0.3 seconds for each charge. At 10 charges or more, Grom improves his shout, stunning for 3 seconds in a larger area.
    PASInv_axe_60.png Howling Axe Gorehowl, the axe of Grom Hellscream, has sown terror across hundreds of battlefields. Each attack gives a chance of cause Confusion on target. Confused enemies have their movement speed slowed by 30% and have a 25% chance to miss on attacks. Confusion lasts 7 seconds.
    • Level 1: 6% chance of cause Confusion.
    • Level 2: 12% chance of cause Confusion.
    • Level 3: 18% chance of cause Confusion.
    [Juggernaut] - Each charge gives a 0.4% chance of instantly kill the target. At 10 charges or more, Grom will not lose his current Juggernaut's charges when insta-killing an enemy. Cannot kill Heroes, buildings or units above level 7.
    PASWarrior_talent_icon_innerrage.png Warmonger Grom's presence increases the attack damage of nearby friendly units by 20%. Increases duration for all new gained Juggernaut's charges to 30 seconds. Deadly Spin and Intimidating Shout now have a 15% chance to not reduce Juggernaut's charges.

Features.png

• One of the strongest and most violent clans, the Warsong's gameplay is based on brute force and high mobility as well.

BTNOrcWarcry.png Battlefury The Warsong earned their name from their fearsome battle cries and hymns. To represent this, the Battlefury ability, shared by all the Warsong combat units, enhances their offensive capabilities in battle, increasing their power when they fight side by side.
      BTNgreenleafes.png Skirmishers The lack of aerial units is not a disadvantage for this faction. Javelineers can be upgraded so that they can eliminate flying enemies with less effort.
      BTNINV_Misc_Gear_05.png Specialized siege weaponry Warsong's siege weapons require to be operated by Pathfinders so they can attack. In exchange, with more operators, they can attack much faster than other siege units.
    • Due to their gameplay style, they are adapted to fast deployments. Their military buildings are also the food production buildings.

BTNbloodlusted.png Unique tier system Their tier system resembles the original but with some differences. Instead of upgrading their main building, they must research 2 levels of "Mobilization" at the War Halls. Each Mobilization also increases the hit points for War Halls.
      BTNStormreaverGrunt.png Pathfinders Secondary workers and good early explorers and defenders. Their labor is required for construction and repair. As game progresses, they will be in charge of operating the siege weapons.
      BTNRiderlessKodo.png Supply Kodo Mobile resource depot, but slow and vulnerable. Its use is optional, but has a notable strategical importance.
    • At tier 3, they can research the special upgrade "Mannoroth's Blood" at the Black Shrine.

BTNSpell_deathknight_bloodboil.png Mannoroth's Blood By drinking the Blood of Mannoroth, the Warsong Clan binds their will to the Burning Legion in exchange for enhanced demonic powers. Transforms Warsong Orcs into Chaos Orcs. Spiritual Guides and Elder Sages will be transformed into Bloody Tricksters and Demonists.
      BTNAbility_garrosh_hellscreams_warsong.png Chaos Orcs Chaos Orcs have increased damage, attack speed and hit points than their normal counterparts. They can be upgraded further with other specialized upgrades at the Black Shrine.
      BTNSpell_shadow_destructivesoul.png Chaos Spellcasters Bloody Tricksters and Demonists have enhanced versions of their original shamanistic abilities.
    • I have included AI for this faction. Although is not as good as the Blizzard ones, they can be hard to defeat.

Units.png

Tier 1
    BTNpeon.png Gatherer Basic worker unit. Can harvest gold and lumber.
    BTNStormreaverGrunt.png Pathfinder Secondary worker unit and early explorer and defender. Can build structures and Repair. Can also go inside Warsong Siege Machines to give they an attack. Has the Battlefury ability.
    BTNRiderlessKodo.png Supply Kodo Cargo beast. Serves as a mobile drop-off point for harvested resources but is slow and vulnerable.
    BTNWarsongGrunt.png Marauder Hardened Orc warrior. Has the Battlefury ability. Can learn War Trance.
    BTNSpearmanWC1.png Javelineer Spear-thrower orc combatant, very effective against air units. Has the Battlefury ability. Can learn the Skirmish Tactics.

Tier 2
    BTNOrcMage.PNG Spiritual Guide Primary spellcaster. Can initially cast Nature's Seal, which heals an allied unit. Can also learn Rock Shield and Inner Beast.
    BTNOrcWarlockRed.png Elder Sage Disruptive spellcaster. Can initially cast Cleansing Ward, which summons a ward that can dispel buffs. Can also learn Natural Order and Spirit Mark.
    BTNCatapultWC1.png Mangonel Long-range siege weaponry. Effective against buildings but slow and vulnerable. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack.

Tier 3
    BTNThunderlordRaider.png Invader Highly mobile melee rider. Has the Battlefury ability. Can learn the Enraged Wolves ability.
    BTNRam.png Ram Slow and lumbering siege weapon, used to reduce enemy buildings to ruins. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack.

Chaos Spellcasters
    BTNChaosWarlock.png Bloody Trickster Primary spellcaster. Can initially cast Blood Mantle, which heals an allied unit. Can also learn Stygian Cuirass and Bloodrage, and the Shadow Mastery and Empowered Corruption upgrades.
    BTNBoneCollector.png Demonist Disruptive spellcaster. Can initially cast Spellhunter Ward, which summons a ward that can dispel buffs. Can also learn Jinx and Soul Affliction, and the Shadow Mastery and Empowered Corruption upgrades.

Tips.png

• A good start for this faction is building first an Encampment while training a second Pathfinder at the War Halls who will then build the Altar.
    • Supply Kodos can be used to easily gather resources that are at larger distances rather than waiting until a Main Hall is built in the location.
    • There are some good sinergies with different abilities, while others are highly useful on their own.
    • Reaching the tier 3 can be essential to unlock the full potential of this race.

Changelog.png

On the map

Credits.png

-MODELS-
    Ujimasa Hojo
    Kam
    Retera
    loktar
    Red XIII
    Tamplier777
    Infrisios
    Em!
    Champara Bros
    JesusHipster
    stan0033
    xYours Trulyx
    Haistrah
    Mythic
    The_Spellweaver
    Antinous
    cotd333
    paulH
    Tauer
    HerrDave
    Mister_Haudrauf
    frostwolf
    Sellenisko
    Hayate
    alfredx_sotn

-SKINS-
    Darkfang

-ICONS-
    Jacky The turtle
    Hellx-Magnus
    BLazeKraze
    Darkfang
    Chen
    -Berz-
    Kimbo
    PeeKay
    GhostThruster
    Ceterai
    Sin'dorei300
    Murlocologist
    Leopard
    Hayate
    loktar

-SOUNDS-
    Blizzard

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  17. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:

Are you planning on uploading those Pandaren buildings and units onto this site?

18. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey guys so I've had a couple of updates for my entry adding a couple of new units and changing up some of the abilities, so I hope some of you will give it a play and give some feedback.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

THW.TTC15 Kirin Tor Offensive

19. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They're not entirely mine. It was edited from existing models, so I feel reluctant to uploading them.

Unfortunately, I cannot open Reforged maps :(

20. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:

Kind of bummer. I like that Ale Elemental and Keg Bearer. Also some of those Pandaren buildings are really neat.