1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join the 6th Melee Mapping Contest for a chance to have your map featured in this year's Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Techtree Contest #15 - Co-op Commanders [Optionally Paired]

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by Wazzz, May 29, 2020.

1. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I've just checked the vanilla Goblin Sapper to compare stats with the Casks. Turns out Sappers are much more powerful and can deal a whopping 750 damage to buildings. To not be outclassed by the Sappers, Casks have been buffed. All casks now deal 200 Siege damage and cost only 1 food with reduced gold and lumber cost.

Storm Casks' radius are also doubled to make its utility more efficient, but its damage is still at 100 Siege damage. Earth Casks are more durable with a 50 hp buff, and Fire Casks' explosion now ignores armor types (armor amount still negates some damage, like the Sapper).

2. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was actually recently thinking that the Troll Batrider is also technically another "suicide" unit, but only with an ability. Outside of that ability, it has a regular attack and other functions.

Sounds like the Casks could be a very interesting addition, I'm looking forward to seeing how it shapes up.

3. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, Battlefury is one of the basic mechanics of the faction, and is only available for these four units.

I'll show a more extended information about the units roles in the 4th WIP. :D
    For now here's my 3rd WIP, showing the spellcasters and siege equipments:

WIP3.PNG

Abilities
    • BTNOrcMage.PNG
      ATCSpell_nature_protectionformnature.png Nature's Seal Places a healing seal on an allied unit. The seal restores 7 hit points per second. For each nearby allied Nature Seal, it will restore 1 additional hit point per second. Maximum of 5 additional hit points per second. Lasts 30 seconds.
      BTNStoneShield.png Rock Shield Creates a rock barrier around the selected allied unit. The shield blocks 75% of incoming damage. Lasts 40 seconds or 5 attacks.
      BTNAbility_shaman_heroism.png Inner Beast Unleash the inner fury of the selected unit. The unit deals and takes 30% extra damage during the duration of the spell. Lasts 12 seconds.
    • BTNOrcWarlockRed.png
      BTNSpell_nature_natureresistancetotem.png Cleansing Ward Summons an immovable ward that dispels positive buffs from enemy units and negative buffs from friendly units each 3 seconds. Dispel deals 200 damage to summoned units. Lasts 25 seconds.
      BTNSpell_nature_nullifypoison_02.png Natural Order Reduces elements to their basic levels, reducing armor by 3 and magic damage resistance by 50% from nearby enemy units. Lasts 12 seconds.
      ATCSpell_nature_giftofthewild.png Spirit Mark Marks an enemy, causing a 25% of all damage dealt to it to also affect nearby enemies. The splash damage is of type magical. Lasts 12 seconds.
    • BTNRam.png
      BTNBattleStations.png Battle Stations Causes nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Ram. Rams can hold a maximum of 3 Pathfinders.
    • BTNCatapultWC1.png
      BTNBattleStations.png Battle Stations Causes nearby Pathfinders to run into the siege machine so that they can enable its attack. Each loaded Pathfinder increases attack speed of the Mangonel. Mangonels can hold a maximum of 2 Pathfinders.

4. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is looking very interesting so far :)
    The elements of units gaining stronger bonuses up to a hard cap based on how many of them you have together is definitely an element I've seen before, but I haven't seen it for a long time now. It's really refreshing to see it make a comeback. Definitely looking forward to seeing where you take the concept :D

5. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've definitely been slacking off on working on my Kel'Thuzad commander. Had to rework all my systems from scratch because they weren't functioning the way I wanted them to. Anyway here's some of the units I've done for my Kel'Thuzad commander!

Screenshot_1.png

Necrolyte - T1 spellcaster. Trained from the Cemetary. Originally the plan was for them to be both a worker and unit production center, but I scrapped that. The Necrolytes are responsible for raising Undead minions to fight for Kel'Thuzad. If the Necrolyte dies, any units raised by it will die along with it, making the Necrolyte an even more valuable target for the enemy.

Abilities: Raise Shambler - Light melee unit. Very fragile combatant that serves as nothing more than mere cannon-fodder. Can learn Undying Fury, which causes it to temporarily come back to life after being killed. Shamblers resurrected under the effects of Undying Fury gain 50% increased attack speed but will die after 10 seconds. Shamblers may later merge and form into a Bone Breaker, a heavy melee siege unit that reduces the armor of enemy structures with each attack.
    Raise Marksman - Light ranged unit. Fragile ranged attacker armed with a bow and arrow. Can learn Cold Arrows, which allows it to fire a cold arrow every 5 seconds, slowing enemy units drastically. Cold Arrow can stack, allowing a group of Marksmen to greatly slow down a single target. They can also learn Blight Walker, which drastically increases their movement speed while on Blight.
    Raise Bonecaster - Supporting spellcaster responsible for keeping the Necrolyte's pathetically fragile skeleton army alive. Can initially cast Weaken, which reduces attack damage of enemy units. Can also learn Longevity, which halts the expiration time of a group of summoned units and giving them life regeneration for 30 seconds, as well as Bone Shield, which forms a shield of unholy energies on three friendly summoned units, stopping them from taking any form of damage for 30 seconds or 3 attacks.

Shamblers, Marksmen and Bonecasters have a passive called Undead Essence, which increases their movement speed and attack rate while on Blight as well as pausing their expiration time. Ideally you'll want to engage on Blight.

Screenshot_4.png
    Butcher - Heavy melee assault unit trained from the Plagueworks after reaching T3. Is Frenzied; which prevents it from being slowed by abilities and debuffs such as Slow, Frost Nova, or Banish. Can learn Tenderize, which reduces a target's movement speed by 60% for 3 seconds on attack. They also have the Consume ability, which allows them to devour a non-summoned allied unit, temporarily gaining increased movement speed and life regeneration, which can stack several times.

Screenshot_5.png
    Plague Wagon - Siege unit trained from the Plagueworks upon reaching T2. Plague Wagons can switch between two modes of attack.
    Plague Cloud - which causes them to drop a Plague Cloud with each attack. Enemy units killed in the Plague Cloud will then turn into light Zombies that can Infect enemy units and turn them into even more Zombies. The Plague Cloud also deals damage over time to non-mechanical units.
    Blight Spreader - which allows the Plague Wagon to cover an area with Blight on each attack. The Plague Wagon has reduced attack speed in this mode but also heals Undead units instead of damaging them.

Welp, that's all I have to show for now.

6. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is looking very promising so far :)
    Are all the abilities and effects listed integrated so far?

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna need to see some receipts for that sick "Butcher" custom model...

8. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. xYours Trulyx

xYours Trulyx

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I made a video showcasing all of the Casks and their uses. The video surpassed 1:30 minutes, so Fraps cut the video from the middle into two videos. I had to visit a third party website to combine the two separated videos. Hope the watermark isn't too distracting.

10. Riki Martin

Riki Martin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Amazing work, you're doing a very interesting concept with this race :)

Keeping with the Warsong Clan progress, here is a basic description of all the units as suggested by @Daffa. I guess it counts as a 4th WIP:

Gatherer
    BTNpeon.png
    Basic workers, their function is only limited to harvest lumber and extract gold.
    Supplies Kodo
    BTNRiderlessKodo.png
    Mobile resource depot, but slow and vulnerable. Its use is optional, but has a notable strategical importance.
    Pathfinder
    BTNStormreaverGrunt.png
    Secondary worker and good early explorer and defender. Its labor is required for construction and repair. As game progresses, they will be in charge of operating the siege weapons.
    Marauder
    BTNWarsongGrunt.png
    Brutal tier 1 melee units. Excellent warriors who benefict from fighting together (as all the Warsong combat units).
    Javelineer
    BTNSpearmanWC1.png
    Ranged warriors with a notable late game function as anti-aerial unit and ambushers.
    Invader
    BTNThunderlordRaider.png
    Tier 3 fast melee warriors, better as damage dealers and harassers than as tank units.
    Spiritual Guide
    BTNOrcMage.PNG
    Shamanistic spellcaster, it has a essential supporting role in armies.
    Elder Sage
    BTNOrcWarlockRed.png
    Support spellcaster with abilities more focused on disrupting the enemy armies.
    Mangonel
    BTNCatapultWC1.png
    Ranged siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Lesser stats than other siege weapons but can attack faster if operated by 2 Pathfinders.
    Ram
    BTNRam.png
    Melee siege weapon. It must be operated by Pathfinders to attack. Can't attack units but deals excellent damage against buildings and is very resistant.

Although all of the Warsong units have a good potential, its in the late game that they unleash their full power, especially when they reach a certain point in tech progress that I'll reveal in the next WIP.

11. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm very interested to see what comes next, sounds amazing so far :)

Chen Stormstout's development is also shaping up very well, I think this could be a very interesting contest.

12. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Riki Martin

What's the differentiating factor between Marauder and Invader?

Not sure why I would use Supply Kodo, but it looks interesting.

At a glance, I'm afraid the Pathfinder + Gatherer worker combination can be a hassle on early game. We'll see how it goes. I'm happy to see Pathfinder has additional usage later on.

Ram reminds me of heavy siege units. I hope this thing can be of much fun when breaking bases.

Spellcasters are interesting and would serve well in their roles.

That's pretty much what I deduce from the information given.

13. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    Coming soon...
    WC3ScrnShot_061720_144959_001.jpg
    P.S. Thanks to @Tamplier777 for providing the model of the Church.

14. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is so far looking like a rather beautiful line up, I'm curious to see how the techtree develops :)

15. Footman16

Footman16

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ive got a Tirion Fordring model im working on which is almost done, if i get it finished in time id be happy to give you it to see what you think?

16. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would be cool)

17. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Wazzz Is it possible to have extra non-standard data in map files? Or be sure to introduce a "pure" race.

18. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What kind of extra non-standard data are you referring to?

19. AMarkov

AMarkov

Resources:
    Resources:
    Other non-standard races.
    Anub'arak from the last contest sends greetings to all.

20. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, you mean include other races in your entry?
    That should be fine, only one race will be judged but you can totally put more in if you want.