• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Wow I just discovered something very interesting. Our Russian Brothers created a Warcraft 3 for Android on VK.com
Warcraft 3 Android
I tried and it was still beta. But it was really nice.
Here is the screenshot.
screenshot_20190816_152718-jpg.330541

Hope someone support this project and it would be awesome if reforge will work too.

Last edited:
Level 10
Before the beta, can you add a voice chat system in the sound section or below it?! that we don't have to chat.
For example some option like Mute the enemy group, or mute one be one by marking them.
And as I said before, please also create the Restore Defaults button too, because sometimes I want to make it as defaults, but I don't remember them! (And the Hotkeys should be something like this).
full

full

full

Last edited:
Level 14
It probably has been mentioned before, but anyway:
It always seemed somewhat cumbersome having to use copy/paste to mirro terrain, doodad and other stuff. An easier way to do it would be a nice addition.

(In case there is a simpler way already, feel free to laugh at me, but please tell me how.)
I am all for this, also free select for copying, and unlimited raise and lowering of terrain by default........and max of 64 or more tiles per map, and way to control water level or selected area like doodad height/vertical placement etc. Its all really limiting nowadays on big maps.

well kissing and hugging is one thing, but I for one remember many maps with glitches to due with shove spells on ground units near or around water - swims on every ground unit could really help out them poor coders

I for one did infact start building swim animations - for the night elves mostly - like the druid of the claw - the treant - and the dryad - but it took a while and took alot out of me - and they kinda sucked - but still - might be cool to see "more" swimming units - even if its not "all" swimming units...

Last edited:
Level 2
Wow, I was going to say to remove the hosting bots that ruined the whole custom games scene over a decade ago, but apparently that already happened last year. Now all they need to do is make sure they don't repeat the mistakes of the Starcraft 2 custom game system like making the custom editor a clunky mess, censoring maps, or limiting hosting power and they'll be set. Maybe add in some kind of personal or shared ban list system so all of these people complaining about how losing host bots opened the griefer flood gates can be happy as well.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I for one did infact start building swim animations - for the night elves mostly - like the druid of the claw - the treant - and the dryad - but it took a while and took alot out of me - and they kinda sucked - but still - might be cool to see "more" swimming units - even if its not "all" swimming units...
Wouldn't hurt to have morph and walk animations for dragons though.

Reactions: pyf

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I have mixed feelings about these leaks. It is fun to look at, but inevitably people will start (as they have already) passing judgement on Reforged as a whole, finished product based on a very narrow and OLD set of "evidence". It is not a good thing I think.

Reactions: pyf
Level 7
Hello partners.

After the 2018 Demo, I showed my concern about the attack animations of some units, in which it seemed that these units "merged" with the ones in front of them by "stepping forward" exaggeratedly leaving their selection circle (It's hard to explain it in English).

Anyway, I think that they have fixed, at least a little, the Troll Headhunter attack animation, which was the unit I used as an example in 2018. I add two images below so you can compare.

AnimationExample01.gif

Attack animation in 2018

AnimationExample02.gif

Attack animation in 2019

Today I've seen some very interesting "Side by side" videos, they compare classic animations (more static, with less footwork) and Reforged ones (much richer in details). Specifically in this video (Demon models) you can see how this type of "merging animation" is still present and even much more exaggerated. Of course this may have been changed since we don't know how updated the current "BETA" is.

This is a quick example of how much a unit can take a step forward when performing an attack animation (too much in my opinion).

Example01.png

I would like to give examples of what, in my opinion, are good attack animations and others that suffer from this "merging".

AnimationExample03.gif
Merging.

AnimationExample04.gif
Merging.

AnimationExample08.gif
They don't merge at all but I get the feeling that they bend over their torso too far forward and seems weird.

AnimationExample05.gif
Merging too much.

AnimationExample12.gif
They don't merge but this animation seems really weird and distract me.

AnimationExample06.gif
Good.

AnimationExample07.gif
Good.

AnimationExample10.gif
Good.

AnimationExample11.gif
Good.

Attachments

• TrollExample02.gif
    TrollExample02.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
  • TrollExample01.gif
    TrollExample01.gif
    5.7 MB · Views: 59
Level 3
UI suggest
  • Able to see the real number of Movement Speed , Attack Cooldown (or attack speed % increase) , HP / MP regenration
  • Able to see Ablities of hostile players/Neutrue units ,not abilities lvl ofcourse, just default information ; and for allies we see everything , Cooldown of Ablities , level ,ect.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
UI suggest
  • Able to see the real number of Movement Speed , Attack Cooldown (or attack speed % increase) , HP / MP regenration
  • Able to see Ablities of hostile players/Neutrue units ,not abilities lvl ofcourse, just default information ; and for allies we see everything , Cooldown of Ablities , level ,ect.
Completely support this for custom/modified maps, not as a standard.

Level 16
Quality of life improvement for custom made maps for modders and players:

-Universal camera control system (-camera ####)
With the ability to tick/untick while we make maps in the Editor.

*If you have other suggestions like this, please add to this list.

Level 7
Feedback after beta released:

The game:

• From the leaked out resources, we can find that the environment elements such as terrain and doodads are rarely reforged. Every one focused on models, but we ignore the environment.
  • Give an UI option (optional reforged and classic) allowing players to choose their preferred game UI. It seems that Blizzard eventually choose to use the classic UI instead of the previously created one. To tell the truth, personally I would rather like the previous one presented on Blizzcon 2018.
  • Give an option allowing players to choose their preferred language of unit voice. Some players especially prefer the english unit voice, but others may prefer their mother language as game voice.
  • Game details should be further optimized. The progress control on the loading screen is ugly, compared with that of classic version. In the test map of the reforged beta, I don't know if it is logical that the entrance of a gold mine doesn't face towards the great hall. A harvesting peon enters into gold mine through entrance or rock? I don't know.

World editor:
  • To achieve cross-edit between classic and reforged, Blizzard choose to use the same editor for both. This is truely the optimal choice! However, I highly recommend Blizzard to rebuild world editor under Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0 or higher which can improve the user interface of program, since the application framework now used in world editor might be .Net Framework 3.0 or lower (speculated), which is old and obsolete in modern era.
  • The trigger editor syntax highlighting (TESH) should be integrated. This is specially important for map makers.

Last edited:
Level 5
Well, it seems my biggest fear came true... They DID RUINED Illidan's warglaives in Reforged by turning it into the ridiculously-looking green double-blade light saber toy sword appearance as per designed in WoW...

Oh well, I guess even at this one, they couldn't make it right... Sigh...

Level 9
So i got beta access recently and i will give some feedback.

The gameplay is very nice, it feels the same as the classic wc3. The engine is the same so i am not surprised by this.

The new UI feels strange, i prefer the classic one, maybe i need to get used to it but sill.

Performance are bad but that's because my pc is not a good one, it's a medium low end pc. I get 120 fps with all low and all disabled. The game looks flat but im okay with this.

The worst things are the art and models.
My gosh, i posted some time ago my feedback to the new models, i don't like the models that were changed from the original design. (Paladin haircut, golems, Alchemist, Pitlord, etc)

Team colors are bad, i can't see them and i need to hover the mouse on a unit (or pick colored hp bars) to know it's an enemy. But i think that the studio eho made the models didn't think of the models being seen from top. In the classic wc3 the team colored parts are visible from top. I'll give you an example. The peasant. In classic the models has team colored shoulder pads, in reforged, it has team colored sleeves! Seriously? sleeves? what were the thinking?

Last edited:
Level 1
There needs to be an option for classic Hero healthbars, as in just a simple healthbar like every other unit.

DNC

DNC

Level 1
Art style and models are bad:
- Footman: it look terrible with TOY sword, oversize shoulder armor that block his sight, he look like an ugly weird hero now. Just COPY him from the trailer and balance him like the old Footman please.
- Golem: Please keep their straight standing pose, please. Especially the Inferno Golem, he look damn cool in the old model but the new model look silly, poor and weak (a little head with a cape, is he a sorcery?????, human like hand with little finger?????), the one in old Reign Of Chaos trailer look much better.
- Arthas: It is ridiculous, his armor is too thick and the shoulder armor is too high, all of that make him look terrible like the Footman. All you need to do is just COPY Arthas in those cinematic trailers and maybe make armor a bit thicker, not to redesign and overwhelming every thing to a terrible version.
- Paladin: why should they wear those super thick armor, don't make them look like TOY please. Especially the hair style, where is the long hair?????.
- Again, PLEASE DON'T DESIGN ARMORED UNIT LIKE A TOY WITH SUPER THICK AND OVERSIZE SHOULDER ARMOR, THOSE SHOULDER ARMOR EVEN LOOK LIKE THEY DOESN'T FIT ON SHOULDER BUT FLYING. DON'T LET THEM HOLD A TOY WEAPON AND RUN LIKE A BABY.

Level 5
Another disappointment on the Reforged models are on the Dreadlords... Why did they have to remove the Dreadlord's tail?

It maybe not much of a big deal, but it is another retcon in their lore appearances. Also, with the Drealords being DEMONS as they are, it is only more fitting to have tails on them. Tails, Bat wings, and Horns all complete.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Those glowing green lights weren't his eyes; his eyes are gone. Those were balls of fel fire that took their place.
Get back to WoW then. I'm still playing Warcraft III. Thanks.
You want me to have an enucleated Illidan but with light coming out of the character's skull?
Also, source for Illidan not having eyes anymore, glowing or otherwise?

Level 5
Those glowing green lights weren't his eyes; his eyes are gone. Those were balls of fel fire that took their place.

The point there is regardless of his burnt eyes, Illidan's original appearance in Warcraft 3 game and cinematic DID NOT INVOLVE him having a green translucent fiery glow behind his black blindfold.

It absolutely looks ridiculous because with the green fiery eye sockets, Illidan just looks like a some sort of animated dc superhero like nightwing or green latern. Im not hating on dc, I do like dc but Illidan is Illidan, and he is from Warcraft.

Level 8
First Experience
Just played a 2v2 as a human, I lagged a lot so I reduced everything that it allowed me to reduce to low or off, result was better but still not at a playable frame rate. I don't believe its my PC stats: 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-7200U at 2.5GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620 (No dedicated GPU).

I also tried to open the World Editor but it kept opening the Battle.net app, what gives?

I'll test it on a better Computer soon.

Level 48
First Experience
Just played a 2v2 as a human, I lagged a lot so I reduced everything that it allowed me to reduce to low or off, result was better but still not at a playable frame rate. I don't believe its my PC stats: 8GB RAM, Intel Core i5-7200U at 2.5GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620 (No dedicated GPU).

I also tried to open the World Editor but it kept opening the Battle.net app, what gives?

I'll test it on a better Computer soon.

Um, hold up. You don't think it's your PC? With no dedicated GPU, and an old CPU, seriously? Yeah, this is a 2019 game, it will require 2019 specs to play. No offense but saying "I don't believe it's my PC" when I'm honestly surprised you can even run Classic WC3 on that machine is strange to me.

But besides that the game is currently unoptimized. It only runs on very powerful PCs which I'm sure will not be the case on release (GTX 970 or newer pretty much).

Level 7
I'm really surprised by some of the negative feedback on the models here, it seems like people are being very nit picky when it comes to certain details and expecting an exact reproduction of the original model. I hope blizzard arnt too disappointed or disheartened by this, as all the feedback I've seen on my discord channel has been hugely positive.

Aside from the odd point here and there I have no issues with the models and really like the direction Blizzard have taken, the only problem I have is the disparity between the beautiful, detailed models and the terrain tiles. Even with the grass models added to certain tiles there is still an issue, particularly as most of the time the grass isn't particularly visible due to how zoomed out the camera is.

I believe this is largely down to the lack of blending between the tile types, especially where the tiles have a large contrast in colour. This creates a glaring disparity between the detailed models and cartoonish terrain tiles. I understand this may have been a design choice in order to preserve the original warcraft 3 look but I think it's time to accept it hasn't worked and make a change.

Here's what I mean, if you look at this custom WC3 classic project you can see the terrain looks pretty nice, this is all down to blending between the tiles and keeping to a consistent colour pallet:

Um got geforce 940 mx (laptop), i updated drivers recently and fps is around 10-25 max...
I can run hots...I hope i will be able to have around 80-100 fps when game is out

Its 2019 game maybe cause of system requirments, but tileset and level of terraining...erm?

I totally agree, there is a clear difference in quality between the terrain in the culling and what we have now in beta, could it be down to the use of fog in the culling demo? Also, the shadows look clearer and darker in the culling which gives the terrain more depth, the trees also look better in the culling?

Personally I'm not a fan of the SC3 WC3 mod, it's too far away from the WC3 original vibe. Glad Blizzard didn't try and replicate that.

I'm really surprised by some of the negative feedback on the models here

Because alot of models are not even recognisable

it seems like people are being very nit picky when it comes to certain details and expecting an exact reproduction of the original model

As someone would expect from a remaster, if we do not 'nitpick' those what they'll give us WoW models ported into Warcraft 3 (just like the warlocks we saw), now on a huge percent of the models like 50% of them has lost their personality,readability and overall Warcraft vibe.

Level 7
I'm really surprised by some of the negative feedback on the models here, it seems like people are being very nit picky when it comes to certain details and expecting an exact reproduction of the original model. I hope blizzard arnt too disappointed or disheartened by this, as all the feedback I've seen on my discord channel has been hugely positive.

Aside from the odd point here and there I have no issues with the models and really like the direction Blizzard have taken, the only problem I have is the disparity between the beautiful, detailed models and the terrain tiles. Even with the grass models added to certain tiles there is still an issue, particularly as most of the time the grass isn't particularly visible due to how zoomed out the camera is.

I believe this is largely down to the lack of blending between the tile types, especially where the tiles have a large contrast in colour. This creates a glaring disparity between the detailed models and cartoonish terrain tiles. I understand this may have been a design choice in order to preserve the original warcraft 3 look but I think it's time to accept it hasn't worked and make a change.

Here's what I mean, if you look at this custom WC3 classic project you can see the terrain looks pretty nice, this is all down to blending between the tiles and keeping to a consistent colour pallet:

I totally agree, there is a clear difference in quality between the terrain in the culling and what we have now in beta, could it be down to the use of fog in the culling demo? Also, the shadows look clearer and darker in the culling which gives the terrain more depth, the trees also look better in the culling?

Personally I'm not a fan of the SC3 WC3 mod, it's too far away from the WC3 original vibe. Glad Blizzard didn't try and replicate that.

I find it a bit strange that someone like you who has made a map as good as Lordaeron: The Foremath can like Reforged's artstyle so much...
We will have to wait and see how your map looks like with this new artstyle in which the units are practically indistinguishable from an aerial view...

Because alot of models are not even recognisable

As someone would expect from a remaster, if we do not 'nitpick' those what they'll give us WoW models ported into Warcraft 3 (just like the warlocks we saw), now on a huge percent of the models like 50% of them has lost their personality,readability and overall Warcraft vibe.

879166.jpg

200px-Warcraft_III_-_Fel_Orc_Warlock.jpg

Choose one:

- I can't stand you toxic nitpickers, what's wrong with the model?
- It's literally the same model.
- Classic model is too low resolution.
- The artists were limitted back in the days.
- That old WC3 is just square pixels, where you can't tell how high poly art would look alike.
- Tith those Reforged polys we can finally have that Chaos Orc Warlock like we always wanted.

... etc

#ReforgedFanPaidComment

Last edited:
I find it a bit strange that someone like you who has made a map as good as Lordaeron: The Foremath can like Reforged's artstyle so much...
We will have to wait and see how your map looks like with this new artstyle in which the units are practically indistinguishable from an aerial view...

879166.jpg

200px-Warcraft_III_-_Fel_Orc_Warlock.jpg

Choose one:

- I can't stand you toxic nitpickers, what's wrong with the model?
- It's literally the same model.
- Classic model is too low resolution.
- The artist were limitted back in the days.
- That old WC3 is just square pixels, where you can't tell how high poly art would look alike.
- Tith those Reforged polys we can finally have that Chaos Orc Warlock like we always wanted.

... etc

#ReforgedFanPaidComment

Now this is the best reply ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.