1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. SpiritTauren

SpiritTauren

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Please, make at least all the original GUI scripting Event-Condition-Action blocks retro-compatible (and the way variables are managed). It will save thousands of hours of work for me and other fellow map creators.

2. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    good points, deepstrasz.

Still I think Arthas' turn to evil is too sudden ingame. Once he has Frostmourne, I can totally accept that its corruption dramatically changes him, but until that point there is so much that is forced.

A really gripping version of the story of Arthas would be where he actually made peace with Uther, his father the king, and allowed his men to go home on the ships but remained with his loyal remaining forces. This would be a better story since Arthas wouldn't seem madly obsessed even at a very early point, instead making him a thoughtful, self-sacrificing prince, only wanting to improve his lands until finally, under desperate circumstances with his few remaining men lured into a trap by Mal'Ganis, the sword Frostmourne appears to be his only chance of salvation.

On that note, there is a logical flaw in the story with regards to Uther. How can a seasoned paladin, who's seen his fair share of betrayal and bleakness during the Second War, not use his head to realise the dangers of the plague? While it makes sense that he isn't happy about killing civilians, he should know that Arthas isn't doing it for fun, but to purge the otherwise unsaveable to save countless others. I think this is a serious flaw in the writing: Uther could at least have followed Arthas from afar, realising his own mistake when Mal'Ganis turned the remaining citizens into murderous zombies.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  3. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

1. The retcons in-between the Warcraft RTS games are not many nor are really that much of a big deal, (or should we say just minor retcons) and for that matter, didnt really made a huge difference from the stories of eahc Warcraft game. Warcraft 3 is a perfect sequel to Warcraft 2 that is also a perfect to Warcraft 1.
    I just wished the click and point Warcraft Adventures game had been finished and not cancelled as that would have been the PERFECT BRIDGE for Warcraft 2 to Warcraft 3.
    But so much for that line of the Warcraft RTS, WoW , on the other hand, totally failed to connect with the Warcraft game lore.

Orcs demonic influences in the games and manuals of the Warcraft games whether it be direct or indirect. The point there is that orcs have always been linked with demons, or should we say DAEMONS, ever since Warcraft 1.

Even though there is not much background about the Draenei in Warcraft 2 manual or in Warcraft 3 TFT, it is highly presumably that they, like the orcs and ogres, are all native creatures of Draenor (the fact that DRAENor, DRAENei... the planet is morely named even after them). And it is still UTTERLY RIDICULOUS of having them become as a bunch space goat aliens that came from a crystal spaceship that somehow in the end made them related to the Eredar Demons or whatever....

2. The ogres and forest trolls ditched the orcs after their utter defeat and when the orcs have been imprisoned in the interment camps, with some staying with the renegades such as the Blackrock Clan who didnt choose to be with Thrall.

Not all ogres were truly committed allies to the orcs, in Warcraft 1 we killed just them in the Deadmines as renegades from Draenor. Plus Mugthol in the Rexxar campaign states that the ogres left the Horde because they think the orcs are weak and they greatly value strength.

Apparently, the ogres and forest trolls felt ashamed and embarrassed of allying with the orcs when the Horde lost in a 3 series of wars with the Alliance, the 2nd War (Tides of Darkness), the Invasion of Draenor (Beyond the Dark Portal), and in the Battle of Grim Batol (Day of the Dragon). No wonder they left.

3. Illidan easily became my favorite Night Elf Hero and overall Warcraft character. Im glad that he tried to be more or less a good guy or, at least, an anti-hero in WC3 despite being called as the Betrayer. With regards to his missions in WC3, the only bad thing he has done was attacking Nendis in Ashzara forests, which presumably the night elven people there tried to attack him or refuse to let him go when he just wanted a boat.

Now, go forth... Unleash the tides of doom... upon all those who would oppose us - Illidan. (Apparently the people of Nendis did opposed him, but he never tried to attack his brother and especially Tyrande in Ashenvale with his naga armies because they didnt opposed nor cared for him)

4. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • let us be able to create custom races/difficulties/handicap in the lobby and be able to select them.
    • add snippets for code writing

5. syl

syl

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please don't add another race for multiplayer! The four races are so diverse and different to play, that's more than enough, I fear a fifth race would be way to challenging balance wise.

Graphicswise, I liked it at first glance and the more I watch of the Blizzcon footage, the more I like it. Maybe a little more into the direction of the old style, a little more cartoonish, would be nice.

I liked the Rifleman the most - looks basically the same, but much better. :D For my liking, the other units should follow that direction.

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Indeed but unlike StarCraft +Brood War, immersion was put more on the game itself than discussions between characters. You'll just have to take the gist of the message sent through the Warcraft story. Imagine the complexity if some of the Warsong Clan would have made mutiny on Grom's decision to drink Mannoroth's blood from the Defiled Fountain.
    Sure but I guess Chris Metzen had another type of character for Arthas in mind. You can see Arthas being arrogant somewhat early in the game especially when it comes to orcs.
    The idea was, aside from making Arthas the iconic human campaign character, that the city appeared to be totally lost and none but Arthas and his men (mostly because they followed his orders?) had the courage(?) to do such a thing. The question is, why didn't Uther with his paladin experience do anything to try to heal(?) the dying citizens? Also, Jaina should have spoken to the Kirin Tor about it since Antonidas was researching the Orc lethargy and theorized the bloodlust was a cause of demonic corruption. Basically, Uther and Jaina left Stratholme to die of a disease without trying to treat (or at least use morphine on) them and Arthas basically euthanized the civilians.
    Well, not quite. Deathwing was probably killed in Draenor after the last orc mission as most if not all heroes. Ner'zhul escaped and was caught in the Twisting Nether. If he would be alive, he would most likely be on Draenor and not in Azeroth. There are more things I guess but I have to delve into it deeper.
    back in the 1st and 2nd RTS games, humans had churches and in Orcs & Humans (manual) there was mention of angels. We can see the angel in the Resurrection spell of Warcraft III.
    Or just wanted to make sure the Alliance would at least leave them alone and concentrate on the Orcs.
    When you are fighting for your life, you don't really consider other people's lives especially if you're the junkie Illidan. Plus all those night elf hating naga...

EDIT: actually @DemonHunter13 the last level for the orcs in Beyond the Dark Portal is happening in Black Morass which means that what I wrote earlier about Deathwing falls.
    That explains Grom being in Azeroth. However, the disappearance of the human heroes happens afterwards when the humans reach the other side of the portal on Draenor. Thus, many orc heroes including Deathwing could be alive as they disbanded when the Alliance started winning the battle in Black Morass. Well, you have to connect the events of Warcraft II. Thing is they happen somewhat differently for each faction.

7. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Feature Suggestions:
    -A function to remove expiration timers
    -Functions change facing angle rate, i'd like this to make spells based on facing angle.
    -Give units an option to attack without going through animations, IE auto-attacks similiar to Phoenix Fire.

8. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    you just stop it with triggers. do you mean to remove expirataion from a summoned unit?
    this is a great idea. For example Ambush taht requires you to be behind the target.
    sounds cool.

9. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can't remove expiration timers from units, summoned or ones you have added expiration timer to.
    It's possible to pause it though, but that's not the same.

10. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • another but similar idea: system//way/property of units to detect only this which is in their field of view. (for stealth games)

11. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another bit of feedback from me not about the graphics, animations or rhe artstyle..
    Namely i read in several interviews that you plan to make the campaign "accessible" to newer players, by which you mean mission difficulty or need to replay them sometimes. I strongly disagree with any attempts at tinkering with way Reign of Chaos campaign teaches players the gameplay. Its perfectly laid out with nicely fitted difficulty. If we could go through it as kids despite initial hardships and issues...often by founding unique.....means of survival(when i played the campaign i build towers on path that uther arrives to rescue for exampe to drag the defence out xd) or solutions aside from learning the gameplay well and having fun with rhe challenge. Reign of chaos has it in pretty much perfect balance and progress teaching players about basics, and units progressively. Dont mess with that .......TFT could use tweaks......its incredibly random and hectic with unit introductions and doesnt really teach gameplay all that way for most part....maybe aside some abilities that maiev has in 1st chapter, so eeoth tft......get it to RoC's level of introduction learning and difficulty.

In short domt mess with difficulty and way RoC teaches players the game, dont even try to touch these. Its perfectly fit difficulty and progress wise.

About TFT improve it to RoC's level of these aspects. Its not remotely as good

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Maybe, they'll do missions like for StarCraft II where you get to learn how to use units.

13. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Heya, I wanna leave some ideas for thing I have always wanted within Warcraft 3.

1. Quick Cast
    This comes from the Moba genre. Basically, when you use an ability, you don't need to also click, but automatically clicks where your cursor is (so, for example, to cast Holy Light, you would only need to hold your cursor above a footman's head and press the key for Holy Light.

2. Custom Hotkeys
    I have seen other people talk about this and having custom hotkeys should be much easier.

3. More Ability Indicators
    We currently have only 2: target and Area of Effect indicators.
    I want indicators for Line and Cone spells, an attack/ability Range indicator, and maybe even the possibility of importing our own indicator textures.

[​IMG]

14. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I strongly support!

15. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really was very happy to see that it will have a remake of Warcraft 3. Some improvements announced as reconect, etc. I also liked the WoW style model and will have available in my native Portuguese Brazlian language.

They do not make on the same errors (if want) as in Starcraft 2. Continue to leave the Editor simplicity (GUI, Object Editor, etc), and improving it with updates. I wish the editor had an option to change it language, so I could play Warcraft 3 Remake in Brazilian Portuguese. And create and edit maps in English, so do not have problems with features of sites on English.

Other things would like in this remake are:

• Can change map while playing.
    • Add new forms to get targets.
    • Add lobby systems that upon entering it, automatically enters the game, with other players depending, similar to MMORPGs.
    • Can play campaigns with more than one player.
    • Access all Blizzard art resource public such as WoW icons, musics, etc.
    • Add some bot legacy features.
    • Add optional penalty system to leavers, etc for map creators and editors.
    • May be able to make blizzard identical games as Rock N' Roll Racing, Lost Vikings.
    • Matchmaker for custom maps.

16. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    As long as they keep these things out of the normal game I'm fine with it.

17. Razorburst

Razorburst

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't know how these model formats work, but those of warcraft have animations included, separate parts of the model itself (geosets) and some other things, it would be something impossible to make compatible.

18. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    RoC does that...tft doesnt...maybe except for mountain giants. But all others arent.....i never knew how to use faerie drsgons for example.....they just sppear randomly in one mission out of nowhere and serve no purpose and role in the mission

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I meant, missions outside of the campaign. I forgot what they're called...

20. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tutorial missions? Wc3 has them but rhey are tied to thr story anyway as Prologue. Tho they left out rest of prologue as custom campaign in tft. It was complete with dubbing in the demo