1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. daverave1212

daverave1212

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can see why indicators would affect the overall game, but what's wrong with quick cast and custom hotkeys?

2. 15bbelzer

15bbelzer

Resources:
    Resources:
    What I'm curious about is whether or not any races that were added during the WOW era will make it into the game. I know that Blizzard is making changes to the story and some of the characters, and I would love to see gyrocopters for instance be driven by gnomes, or even add more to the gnome lore. Really all I want is gnome content. I fucking love gnomes.

3. wc3neverdies

wc3neverdies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really like Reforged for everything it brings on the table and the possibilites. My concern for now is about the UI, specifically the command card. I really liked the 12 buttons structure of the original game, and it seems that they want to change that. The 12 buttons command card is better for many reasons, for instance when you want to buy an item from a shop, or for spellbooks. This is only an impression but if i imagine a spellbook or a shop with the command card they showed on the demo it doesnt feel right with the smaller icons in the bottom line. Maybe when i will play, it will feel different. They said that the UI can be changed, but we dont know in what way, if it's only add/remove one element or modify it completely by moving things in different parts of the screen.
    I'm not a fan of WoW elements being added to the game, but it's mostly becasue i dont like the the WoW narrative and im afraid they may take too mutch from it.

4. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Additional Suggestion:

Rewrite all base spells to be capable of accepting variables in damage or spell functions.
    Allow triggers to tell units to cast a specific spell instead of just a general version of it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  5. borissuworov

borissuworov

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Blizzard! Can you make GUI like this:
    [​IMG]

1. 3x3 for 9 items slots will be great for keyboard manipulations and cool for update. Just add new item holder ability with 9 slots and adapt it to interface.
    2. In the bottom-Middle of this screen can be circled more than 12 units.
    3. 3x5 (ability slots) panel was a Starcraft 2 standard and can be great update for Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Also need to increase a limit of hero'es studied spells from 5 to 9.

6. anufis

anufis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've got a question since blizzard decided to tweak/change tile system. Will it still be possible to draw tiles with
    Code (vJASS):

native SetTerrainType takes real x, real y, integer terrainType, integer variation, integer area, integer shape returns nothing

?

7. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    12 unit selection limit will break this release. I will never buy anything from Blizzard again if they decide to go with stone ages level of gameplay and dishonestly claim it has something to do with love for the game. This isn't hyperbole as they've already ruined both the Starcraft and Diablo series - making a weak Reforged would be the straw...

For melee, let the pros decide, but for custom games it is simply pure sabotage to keep the 12 unit selection limit. Blizzard doesn't seem to realize that it is primarily custom maps - made by more imaginative and creative people than the current Blizzard could ever come up with - that kept Wc3 alive for all these years. Yes, a tournament or two is fun once in a while, but tournaments didn't keep the game alive for 16 years. Dota, Footmen, Tower Wars, Mauls, Gaias Retaliation, TBR, GoH, Hero Line War, etc. are the maps responsible for keeping this game fresh and alive. Even with the archaic restrictions from 2002 that should obviously be removed for custom games. While I enjoy watching melee streams I, along with many others, would never touch melee myself. Now, compare this to the countless hours put into custom maps.

8. syl

syl

Resources:
    Resources:

That looks great! Would support this

9. anufis

anufis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why are you crying if blizzard announced yesterday in interview that they are considering selection of more than 12 units.
    • Selection of more than 12 units: it's technically possible, the devs are open about it and there are discussions about it (20:03) ()

10. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kiddo, this is not crying. I am simply stating that if they decide to stick with 12 unit limit it will be a failure and I for one won't buy another Blizzard game. No crying there, just facts.

Thanks for the link, which I've already watched before. Are you kidding me? He said "we are open for that". This by no means is a: "Yes, 12 unit selection is going to be removed". Kiddo, you don't know the difference between developer talk during development and after actual release. We need a straight answer to the selection limit being raised: YES or NO.

11. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    A failure because YOU personally didn't buy the game? Rethink your definition of "facts", then. They need feedback, not emotions nor entitlement, this isn't the WoW forums.

Would deleting the 12 units limit be appreciated by everybody? I'd like that, some other people definitely want to keep the original gameplay and being able to manage different groups was part of what makes you a good player. Can they remove it? Apparently so. Could there be an option to toggle it? That would be great.

12. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    As usual on the internet people have a hard time reading a text in its totality. I initially said that I and many others feel this way. You only have to google this topic to find out that I'm not lying. People care a lot about the removal of 12 unit selection limit.
    Yes, for melee it should be fine to keep the limit if that is what people want (which I already wrote, but you cannot read apparently).

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mr. Stilwell said they consider making another ladder for more than 12 unit selection and possibly higher FoV. I really dig this since he could have implied that melee could be extended to more goodies like possibly boats.

14. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think an option for custom maps that removes 12 unit limit can be cool but for core game it must be kept

15. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, sounds good. I just hope they will keep their promise and not go back on it before release. "can" "if" "maybe" "We will definitely take a look" are no guarantees. Perhaps Blizzard aren't as bad at keeping their promise as Bethesda Softworks. Anyway, excited about the Reforged and I have high hopes that they will make a great release along the lines you mentioned Deepstrasz.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know if we'll get it right at the release because there's tons of other stuff they have to do to get Reforged 1.0 right. However, I have confidence in Mr. Stilwell's diplomacy and we'll see most of what can be done for the game in the near future after the release.

17. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What I still wanted to remark btw: The reskin alone is prone to kill some maps: Walkable destructables depend on the model, GetLocationZ returns different results there. Some maps use it in a sync manner, so async models would cause a desync.

edit: Dude in first post is very photogenic btw.

18. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    In multiplayer games an option to surrender instead of leave the game which makes you an observer

19. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I thought about sharing control automatically when a player seems to be afk (no inputs over a period of time). That would reduce the instances where the game would not continue due to the game expecting everyone to act. At least when you introduce a map-agnostic observer transition, some maps might not have taken that into account.

20. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • An event to detect if the camera of a player is moving
    • and a check where it is (coordinates)