• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grid layout for keybinds is a great addition to the game. I hope there will be an option to force it in custom maps that are built around this feature.
I tried it out.

upload_2019-12-21_20-17-39.png

And it works perfectly with custom maps. All hotkeys are mapped to a 4x3 grid that correspond to the qwer-asdf-zxcv keys.

I think that the inventory hotkeys are also mapped to a 2x3 grid that corresponds to the ty-gh-bn keys.

Level 1
Do you know if it's possible to change the keybinds of the grid? For example if I wanted my bottom row to be Q W E R instead of the top one?

Level 7
Do you know if it's possible to change the keybinds of the grid? For example if I wanted my bottom row to be Q W E R instead of the top one?

Yes I have to agree with this, most maps currently use QWER at the bottom command row, so having this defaulted to the top dosnt make much sense.

Although this feature is still preferable to how it was in classic, with blizzard randomly picking a letter in the ability and making that the hotkey.

Then, why the obvious similarities? Are you using WoW stuff then?

Sculpts, WoW and Hots the only stuff from reforged is that Bog Beast which I find obsolutely unfitting as Jungle Stalker. The goal is looking like Warcraft III but HD maybe that's why Reforged is looking similar but they are alot worse in that case since RotS uses mostly purist designs

Level 14
See the reforged icons you unlock require campaign completions. The ones for the prologue list the 3 demo missions.

So i giess thankfully those are finally included within the default game now.

Of the 8 "revamped maps" i hope its

Strahtolm
Dalaran
Silvermoon
Hyjal
Black Citidel
Icecrown
Frostmourn
Tomb of Sargeras

These could all do with some upgrades.

If I had to pick just one though.
Silvermoon

Horrible oversoght however

The rollong stone doors in Azjol Nerub in the campaign in reforged use a jungle themed door with vines ect.

Somethong to notify the classic team about when everyone gets to the end of all the campaigns and finds out of place models that look like shit

Level 13
Of the 8 "revamped maps" i hope its

Strahtolm
Dalaran
Silvermoon
Hyjal
Black Citidel
Icecrown
Frostmourn
Tomb of Sargeras
  1. The Culling - confirmed;
  2. The Fall of Silvermoon - confirmed;
  3. The Siege of Dalaran - confirmed;
  4. A New Power in Lordaeron - basically confirmed, Capital City dooads have been datamined;
  5. The Tomb of Sargeras - like above, tomb dooads have been datamined;
  6. A Symphony of Frost and Flame - Icecrown citadel has been datamined, so seems likely;
  7. The Black Temple - seems likely, I think they said something like that;
  8. ????
And without the new voice lines, to me at least, it means no new quests, cutscenes or dialogues. And there'll be no story changes. To me this basically means reterrained instead of redone.

Level 14
  1. The Culling - confirmed;
  2. The Fall of Silvermoon - confirmed;
  3. The Siege of Dalaran - confirmed;
  4. A New Power in Lordaeron - basically confirmed, Capital City dooads have been datamined;
  5. The Tomb of Sargeras - like above, tomb dooads have been datamined;
  6. A Symphony of Frost and Flame - Icecrown citadel has been datamined, so seems likely;
  7. The Black Temple - seems likely, I think they said something like that;
  8. ????
And without the new voice lines, to me at least, it means no new quests, cutscenes or dialogues. And there'll be no story changes. To me this basically means reterrained instead of redone.
Source on those?

Level 14
If only the grid layout made sense. Zxcv for abilitie . R for attack..... fml

Customkeys download link is so much better. Qwer abilitie . A for attack. X for hold position ect.

Using abilities and switching numbered unit groups are top and bottom of keyboard. Obviously blizzard doesnt play their game. They most likely all click their abilities

Level 20
Ok, these models just look ridiculous.
Having tried them in the Beta - the models themselves didn't really bother me all that much (though obviously they are low quality), but the portraits... It's painfully obvious that they just took DK/DH and slightly feminized them. Neither looks like a female, more like Arthas/Illidan were into a certain sexual fetish.

Level 13
Having tried them in the Beta - the models themselves didn't really bother me all that much (though obviously they are low quality), but the portraits... It's painfully obvious that they just took DK/DH and slightly feminized them. Neither looks like a female, more like Arthas/Illidan were into a certain sexual fetish.
Transgender Arthas and Illidan, lol
Yeah, when I said models, I meant mostely portraits, apologies for being non precise. (though the models themselves look kinda rediculous, too)

Btw @MasterBlaster, I've seen a lot of people compalaining on Battle.net forums that the game is still bugged beyond belief. Is that still the case from your experience?

Also, @MasterBlaster @MasterHaosis, I tried to attone for spreading all of this negative enery ever since Blizzcon 2019, by trying to spread some possitive energy(now that Holidays are over, and Winter has come, and thus SAT depression), and since you were the ones answering to my negative energy the most, I'm tagging your name and linking the possitive energy thread. (Reforged - Warcraft 3 Reforged DLC?)

Last edited:
Level 14
Transgender Arthas and Illidan, lol
Yeah, when I said models, I meant mostely portraits, apologies for being non precise. (though the models themselves look kinda rediculous, too)

Btw @MasterBlaster, I've seen a lot of people compalaining on Battle.net forums that the game is still bugged beyond belief. Is that still the case from your experience?

Also, @MasterBlaster @MasterHaosis, I tried to attone for spreading all of this negative enery ever since Blizzcon 2019, by trying to spread some possitive energy(now that Holidays are over, and Winter has come, and thus SAT depression), and since you were the ones answering to my negative energy the most, I'm tagging your name and linking the possitive energy thread. (Reforged - Warcraft 3 Reforged DLC?)
used the Reforged World editor and it actually made Bago's Quest the Custom Campaign work.

I'm optimistic now lol

It would be extra nice if Blizzard increased the Max Farsight of the camera. Because now its limit is the same as in 2002 - 10000 points.
You can't create great view with far view landscape in your cutscene((((

And the second thing - weather Editor. In order to combine weather using in-game sets of particles (ash storm for instance)

Level 10
Can we get ranking system for versus mode?! like 7 Tiers with 3 Division, and at the end of each month, the season resets.
Bronze 3-2-1
Silver 3-2-1
Gold 3-2-1
Diamond 3-2-1
Master 3-2-1
Grandmaster 3-2-1
Legendary/Challenger 3-2-1

And the leaderboard should appear somewhere in the profile!
rrr.jpg

And you can message him/her (or someone), that he/she can draw a icon for each rank.
Behance
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xO3KX
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Gkv9a
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4b5wm1

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/13RJ8
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/0rgN8
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ybQeXK

The menu bar between reforged and classic looks bad ,and the scroll bar doesn't look fit, and the loading bar should also have a percentage.
1_1_.jpg

2_2_.jpg

should be like this one
875746.jpg

3_1_.jpg
The towers in Campaign have the same model in World Editor!
full
The Fountains should have some wisps or dragonflies!
f1.jpg

f2.jpg
The demon gate rotation looks bad and tent have same rotation!
d1.jpg

d2.jpg
The bow is not in the hands of the archer!
a5.jpg
Is the circle moon still broken or because of the way she stand?
a4.jpg
Obsidian stuff should also change color!
a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
What the hell happened?
Reforged looks like garbage. xD
The Russian guys who did the Wc3 Reborn mod seemed to do a far better job than whatever hacks Blizzard hired for the job.
They promised completely new cutscenes, redone cinematics, new gameplay features. All they did was give the game a bleaker overtone with more polygons. What a rip off.

Level 3
This release is a joke.. I mean i exptected some bugs/problems but cmon... Blizzard is not some indie company i guess Reforged Beta was actually and Alpha stage of the game and now we moved on to beta.. hope i won't have to wait another year to fix most things. Don't know if you noticed guys but i can't find Lan option in menu neither CUSTOM CAMPAIGN!!! I mean custom campaigns were great and I had high hopes for many new ones from community but it seems we don't even have this option anymore..

Level 6
At the moment I cannot host custom games on any map.... somehow I also still have the double copies of every map. I have not even determined the install location.... it didn't install on my classic directory so I have no clue.

Level 7
No custom campaigns, no ladder, no clans (an advertized back of the box feature!), chat is broken, slash chat commands gone, campaign screens, UI, bnet stuff like profiles - all destroyed with no forewarning and no consideration for the base game user. I had to download 25gb of assets my game is not using for this.

I want a representative of Blizzard to come and tell me how any of the above is a gain for me. I would even be satisfied if they somehow could tell me how any of it is not a net negative.
How did Blizzard come to a point where they're now actively destroying the good games they made.

I can't even play the game right now because every time I attempt to log in I get a an error which throws me back to the title screen where I can do nothing but quit.

I did not opt into this. I don't want any of it. Why am I being punished for a purchase I didn't make.

This is why you shouldn't preorder. There is less of an incentive for them to fix what they broke, let alone release it not broken in the first place, because they already have their money. Glad I decided against preordering it, and I'm not patching until I know it's fixed.

This is very disappointing, but not entirely surprising. Blizzard-Activision has been a soulless talentless corporation for a long time, it's the not the creative development studio it was before being bought by Activision.

Level 8
There is less of an incentive for them to fix what they broke, let alone release it not broken in the first place, because they already have their money.
When did our society go down this stink-hole... Some companies of the VG industry used to make money through creating good products and reinforcing their reputation, not just via silly cash-grabs (sometimes aided by marketing campaigns). So sad. I'm not talking about any specific company here, just observe the latest trends.

Level 11
I didn't buy Reforged and now I know I won't. From what I saw on Youtube and Twitch during beta and after the release, and from what I read here and there, the game is a total disappointment. If I understand well, what we got is:
  • new modern graphics and new unique models
  • new 2D menu that nobody asked for
  • Battle.net integration
  • a couple of new WE features that only a few skilled modders will be able to use, and nothing for the rest of us
  • new local voiceover (something that nobody asked for)
  • virtually no quality of life improvement
  • campaign improvements and new cutscenes scrapped almost entirely (even though many people, including me, didn't agree with those changes because it would be inspired by WoW, it's still something they promised and didn't deliver)
  • some multiplayer/lobby features removed, such as clans, chat commands, etc (and we don't know when and if they will be back)
  • broken custom models and custom maps
  • LAN removed
  • RoC removed
  • new EULA, which makes copyrights way stronger and limits modders' work
  • obligation to be online to play, even when solo playing
  • countless bugs and various issues
  • and so on
Not to mention that the devs were silent for almost a whole year.

So, in a nutshell: new graphics, fewer features and a lot of bugs and problems. And they charge 40$/30€ for it.

And I don't even like the new art style. I don't recognise iconic characters such as Thrall, Medivh, Arthas, etc, nor do I recognise golems or ogres (are those even the same creatures??). Actually, a huge number of units are not even recognisable, it's like playing a different game. Many weapons, armour parts or body parts have extremely weird proportions or shapes. Paladins and dryads have stupid haircuts. Units/buildings and terrain look like they belong to two different games. Of course, this art style rant is just my opinion, but sadly I know I'm not the only one. I think they simply killed the atmosphere and the spirit of the game.

Warcraft III is my all-time favourite game (and many Hive members' favourite game I suppose!), I should be happy to see my favourite game getting some love again. But I feel nothing like that. I've always tried not to be too hard on Classic team, to show some restraint, I thought they were doing their best; and I was patient, I thought maybe there would be significant and interesting changes eventually. But now I can no longer be indulgent. I'm extrelemy disappointed and I'm utterly baffled to see what they were capable to do with such an amazing, legendary game. I can't even imagine how it's possible to make such bad decisions. When I think about what it could have been, and what it actually is... it's killing me.

And so much for the "we want your feedback" statement.

Please consider unforging Reforged and reforging it again...

I'm pretty sure the company underestimated the time/work they needed to finish it properly, but the higher ups were unwilling to postpone their profits, so they started scrapping stuff like new voiceovers and updated campaigns and extended the deadline (by less than a month), still weren't able to finish their work in time, but still weren't allowed to extend the deadline, etc.

It would have been better if they had ANNOUNCED reforged this week (after working on it for over a year), and only released it in december or even 2021. Then they would have been able to deliver on their promises. They also definitely should have hired their own artists instead of outsourcing to some digital sweatshop.
But of course that would have cut into their short-term profits too much.

So am I reading the new EULA correctly? If I make X game and then later in life write a book about X game blizzard can sue me? Or are they rather sharing my copyright in the sense that we can both write a book about X.

Is this intellectual theft or intellectual profit sharing?

I use their tools so I don't care if they have some of the pie, but if they take my whole pie and I can't have any then I am finally on the band wagon of loyal followers Blizzard has killed.

Level 11
I use their tools so I don't care if they have some of the pie, but if they take my whole pie and I can't have any then I am finally on the band wagon of loyal followers Blizzard has killed.
Yes, you use their tool, they own your map. It is quite simple. If you write a book with Microsoft Word, Microsoft will own your work. If you write it with a pen, the pen manufacturer will own it. Makes perfect sense!

Joke aside, they must have done this to prevent profit to be made from successful content, like it happened with Dota. Not sure it will encourage modders to work hard to create enjoyable maps tho...

Level 7
Not sure it will encourage modders to work hard to create enjoyable maps tho...

I've been working on a huge mod for over a year in anticipation of reforged but by the time I finish it I feel like the playerbase will be gone. 1.9 on metacritic is abysmal. Also annoyed by some of the changes.. crystals are no longer transparent and my beautiful cavern filled with frozen spiders is so meh now. Also green water everywhere now wtf, hopefully UTM can fix it...

Played Human and Undead Campaign of ROC.
The Blizzcon 2018 gave us high expectations. But Blizzard disapointed even me. Team from 20 mapmakers and modelers could have done it 4 times better in 2 years.

Overall Impression as if they just released Beta without any final polishing.

• The Birth Animations of Bridges - is just transperency run
  • Medivh morph to Raven form looks like just swapping models with no effect.
  • hole in Terrain in Human08 Cutscene when Arthas is talking to Muradin
  • Flat terrain around Silvermonn
  • Empty streets of Dalaran
  • Absence for Range Chaos orc units
  • And more and more and more
Very Very sloppy job

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.