1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    For me, the remastered graphics and art is only worth a fairly low amount of money. I will usually play the game with classic graphics, as custom maps will have the low poly custom models.
    Sure, I'll replay the campaign once again to relive the reworked things, but what's most important for me is:

Custom Games + World Editor

Before SC2 came out I was looking forward to release date hard. Only to find out that Blizzard made a complete amateur mess of the Custom Games feature of SC2.

I'm sure War3's CG lobby is dated, and it could be done better, but if you are going to change it, make carefully sure that you are changing it for the better.

I also want to be able to play on my old maps. Backward compatibility is quite important.

The WC3 World Editor is an excellent, powerful tool. It has its flaws and shortcomings though. JNGP added a lot of cool stuff, implementing most, if not all of JNGP's features into the new editor is a MUST, but even then, some things are just unnecessarily tedious.

From the top of my head, a few examples:
    -Importing models is tedious. You should be able to import all the models in a folder with just one click, and WE should set their correct import path.
    -Memory Leak hunting should be offered by the world editor. Let's say, there could be an annotation above "endfunction" or whatnot, saying you have 3 memory leaks in this function, and if you alt clicked the endfunction, then WE would automatically paste the code to close the leaks.
    -Since the size of models are going to go UP, a few custom models would quickly add up. Will that limit mapmakers?
    -It also follows that from now on, when you import a model, you would actually need a low poly version and a "reforged" version of the same model.
    -Please remove limit on Terrain options

Also:
    I would be more than happy to pay for additional campaigns / expansions, provided they are not just quick cashgrabs, but proper content, with proper story, characters, gameplay, art, music, etc.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. berato

berato

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice feature i would interest it:
    -add attribute stats gain difference depending hero's primary attribute for this example : 1 Strength gain 25 Hp for strength heroes, and 1 Strength gain 20 Hp only for Agility and Intelligence heroes.
    - add status resistance or buff/debuff reduction instead just "clear Buff/debuff" in action trigger.
    - add item cooldown in action trigger when taking damage like kelen dagger mechanic in dota2
    - add size check unit on boolean ,example : like mountain giant vs footman, if you drag footman with knockback it can travel up to 1200 range, but mountain giant only travel up to 200.

oh yeah almost forgot add JAPANESE SOUND SET for unit!! for anime maps :).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Your idea is nice but I'm not fun touching the stats itself... Well it be great if we can do almost anything and touch everything.

4. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I second this. It would be great to make custom interfaces. We wouldn't have to rely on ability command cards, shops items, or circles of power everywhere with floating text labels for everything interface related.

I would also like a native to modify an instance ability's command card position, ability cooldown, tooltip etc.. We currently have a way to target ALL abilities, but this is no good if you have 2 units with the same spell.

- Imagine giving a unit "cooldown reduction"?
    - What about our abilities which scale with stats. Imagine dynamically updating the ability tooltip with it's damage amount instead of a formulae?
    - Allowing players to shuffle abilities or systems to organize the command card.

5. Mr.Pro

Mr.Pro

Resources:
    Resources:
    We all know that are various artists in the warcraft III community so i propose for blizzard. Deliver an early the 3d model editor that they said will be included on the WE early and make a contest for moddeling some asets.

Like building modeling
    Unit Modeling and so on

I bet that there are people who would be happy to do it just so his units be included in the game. Also they wouldnt have any cost and get a good model (sorry for my bad english)

6. ArgentinianUser

ArgentinianUser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be cool if they add dead physics like they did in HOTS that adds realism and sometimes it's funny too(they could put this feature like optional). Because if the units always dies in the same way the game will look very repetitious, i don't know if this is possible
    with the old WC3 engine or at least they should add more than one dead animation for every unit.

7. berato

berato

Resources:
    Resources:
    because i like create my own hero can focus it own "role" attribute. ^^

8. Sputty

Sputty

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand that the focus of wc3 is micro, but who else agrees that by default the camera is too zoomed in for your liking? On every custom map I had a part in designing, I'd add a zoom out option and it would make the game feel so much better.

9. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. czh123

czh123

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the grunt shoulder armour edge should be a brighter metal color instead of black,and the shoulder armour had better to extrude metal spines,like original painting in warcraft or wow,it will look nice.Moreover,the peon’s feature is not clear,the ear has a bit small .

Attached Files:

11. Clanzion

Clanzion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't ordering units to use abilities viva variables already possible?

12. Veronnis

Veronnis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Review of gameplay: (Played Reforged at BlizzCon)
    It felt good, the game had the look of alpha/beta graphics but they are going in a wonderful direction. The changes to the mission were appropriate, unexpected (having remembered the old one) and enjoyable. I enjoyed most everything about it. My biggest neutral is the change to the unit portrait, not sure if I like it more or less than normal. Aside from collision zones being off on many units/portraits (which I'm sure will be fixed) this was a great opportunity and leaves much to be thankful for. We've been waiting for this a long time and are so excited that the time has come! Please read all comments and suggestions with a reasonable mind, not overwhelmed by our sheer input and know we appreciate everything you get done, regardless of when it is finished or how much got done.

Gameplay Suggestions:
    Selection: Allow more than 12 targets to be selected.
    Hotkeys: Universalize spell hotkeys with Q,W,E,R,T,Y?

Review of confirmed upgrades:
    Providing creators the tool we used to make our models (Thank you! We were in such dire need of a new program)
    Units will have distinguishing variations (Wow, nice touch! The more models, the better!)
    Male Heroes now have a female version (Random, but I'm excited to see them. Will we get male versions of female heroes?)
    More Languages (Doesn't apply to me, but Hive has many cultures and I'm sure they are grateful)
    Support continues after release (Wonderful!)
    UI decoupling (Good start!)
    Everything else (Awesome, thanks so much!)

Editor Suggestions:
    Garbage collection (resolving leaks) on more popular or all functions.
    Damage detection system.
    -
    Projectiles: Allow triggers to create, track, change, react to, destroy projectiles. (if the former is not implemented) Allow the spell: Channel to fire a missile.
    Object Editor: Allow abilities to load different pre-cast splats, like the ability specific targeting splats in Heroes of the Storm.
    -
    Import Manager: Auto remove war3imported/ from new imports.
    Key Recognition: Enable more/all keys to be recognized for events and such.
    -
    Sound: Allow the game to play multiple overlapping instances of the same sound file.
    Sound: Support more space-efficient sound format(s)
    -
    Lighting: (May already be done) Allow many more lights to interact with any given space or place a changeable number of interactions per space at our control.
    Lighting: Allow objects to ignore lighting or be lit through a more lightweight render.
    -
    Terrain: A more functional water tool, with a color blend brush. (additional features could include sliders for: Rapids, flow, wave size, rain-drops)
    Terrain: Allow a terrain blend feature like SC2.
    -
    Model/Skin: Allow models to change a skin reference in game and have a skin variation section in the object editor
    Model/Skin: Allow game object to change models in game without affecting other factors.
    -
    UI: Make a flexible build your own / drag and drop UI with scaleable features including item or ability slots
    Fonts: Consider adding a few more fonts to the game
    -
    Mouse: Add the ability to call the mouse position relative to its X, Y position percentages on the screen.
    Music: Create a more reliable and replaceable music system
    -
    Sound Effects: Allow the creation of new sound sets as opposed to the current method of replacing a sound set.
    LAN Games: Remove map size limit for LAN games.
    -
    LAN Games: Allow players to host and join their own game from one computer (for testing purposes)
    Buff: Make the buff system a little more robust and programmable (Can't currently change what is considered a good, neutral or bad buff)
    -
    Lightweight: Add an option to make a very basic doodad that stores as little info as possible (for efficiency)
    Support: Allow support/conversion from other modelling programs like Blender.

13. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally, I would like to see:

-more scary ghouls than what they've shown so far.

-raise selection limit: remove entirely but maybe let pro Melee players decide for melee. I think that removing selection limit from melee as well is probably a good idea, both for (especially) new players and for veterans as a minor convenience booster.

-make meaningful hotkeys for inventory items. Perhaps allow two defaults at the same time: the current numpad and
    SHIFT+1-6.

-Don't get entangled by the fanboy web and make a zero creativity release. This is not Starcraft Remastered vol. II and neither should it try to be. I hope that the Blizzard development team will be brave enough to make the game better even if it means initial whining from so called long time fans (been playing this game since 2002 release which doesn't mean one has to dislike changes).

-Reforged is something new. Don't make it just a better graphics version of an old gem. Make it a modern version of that gem instead. Anything else in 2018/2019 is, frankly, a little pathetic. Especially since Blizzard is in a creativity crisis at the moment as seen by the stale design of HOTS, Diablo and Starcraft 2.

14. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Feature Suggestion:
    Invisibility Flags:
    -Normal invisibility (same as always).
    -Fix burrow so it's actually a separate invisibility type from normal invisibility (This is a bug or function that was left out of the game).
    -Add "true invisiblity" type, which can't be revealed (usefull for dummy units).

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Trigger Editor suggestion for improving workflow:
    Pressing the appropriate key, as shown in the screenshot should give me the appropriate line, when it doesn't (currently).

Attached Files:

17. Ouguiya

Ouguiya

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just to add my two cents:

TLDR: Please do not muck up the World Editor. Do *not* turn it into the new Galaxy Editor. If you are going to throw away JASS, please allow us something along the lines of Wurst.

Long version:

Like most here, I have developed Warcraft III maps. Not too many, but enough to have used pretty much every menu / functionality in the World Editor. I also tried (emphasis on *tried*) to port one of my maps to Starcraft II and that failed. Why? Because the galaxy editor (for me) was utterly unusable. Terrain editing was improved (for me, but I was never the greatest terrain freak, so others might disagree), but especially the unit editor was completely broken. A heap of needless complexity. Creating or altering a unit took hours of studying to even figure out what I was doing.

Yes, the World Editor has its limitations and drawbacks. Some of them are truly ridiculous to work around. But I beg of you: Do not change the world editor into another galaxy editor. Yes, I am aware that many great maps were made for Starcraft II. I am not doubting the capabilities of the editor. But for me (and most mappers I knew), working with the thing was too damn complicated to be worth the effort.

In particular, I beg you, Blizzard, do not ruin scripting. JASS is a weird language with a great deal of limitations, no argument there. But the way it was done in Starcraft 2, where everything practically had to be done in GUI (unless you were willing to suffer quite some pain to figure out the weird parts of the language and how to implement it). And no, adding a "insert custom script" option was not enough to alleviate this. If you want to see it done to perfection, I can only recommend you take a look at the Wurst language. Developing in this has been an absolute pleasure, because it so nicely decouples the coding from the terrain making. If you ARE going to change the world editor no matter what, please, please, do it in the Wurst style. Leave the object editor simple (or only make it complicated if the user absolutely wishes for it), but do not force GUI coding on those of us who prefer more efficient IDE coding. Ideally, I would love for Wurst to be compatible with the new editor, but if not, please go in a similar direction.

Thank you for reading.

18. comato

comato

Resources:
    Resources:
    make it possible for add ons to include new races, rather than only being playable with specific custom maps or campaigns

as unit upgrades are achieved add different models for each unit upgrade

get rid of a lot of auras on items, personally I found it really irritating when a hero had three auras stacked on top of each other

add starcraft assets to the editor, can't think of a reason why they shouldn't, i also know that the starcraft editor could import models from WoW, hopefully that'll be a thing too

19. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Feature Suggestion:
    -Issue unit order - copy rally point orders from another unit (including shift-queued orders).
    ^ In other words allow us to create unit and make them follow rally points set by a building.

20. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Every one focused on the gameplay and HD model things of the reforged. It seems that environment, water and shadow renderings as well as 3D sound effect of the reforged are rarely focused on.

Edit: Are these graphical things improved and satisfactory?

Edit2: Compared with the HD models of units, I noticed that little graphical improvements on the destructables, trees and doodads have been done in the demo reforged game (see the cutting video). Have those models been well reforged? I just concern there will be too much difference between the characters and surrounding environment on graphical details.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018