1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. DrTema

DrTema

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wanderers of Sorceria Reforged :)

2. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

3. AlwaysAndForever

AlwaysAndForever

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Part 2

Here's the things what I like they can change. This post is going to update so check this out.
    I'm trying to make wc3 real, not modern.

In the editor
    1- Edit Gold Income Rate from gameinterface section, Because we cannot remove 100% from upkeep.
    [​IMG]
    2- Add section called"Translation" for Triggers & Scripts. For Example if someone buy wc3 of russian language, and write a trigger with that language, So that they can translate with that section in English.
    3-Add section on trigger editor above Destructible called "Doodads" so we can create, kill, remove, destroy it.
    [​IMG]
    4-Add background color to world editor so we can change the background color to White or Matt Black.
    At night, my eyes get annoyed of white background.
    [​IMG]
    5- Edit terrain something like this, and i know because we don't have circle thing in wc3 ;d
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Units
    - Edit icon arthas, It looks like potatoes that have hair ;d
    - Edit Abilities - Hero allow more than 5 ability (7 is enough.)
    [​IMG]
    - Edit shield of human(and for other race with another logos), something like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Add Archer with this bow.
    [​IMG]
    - Add Tower Catapult.
    [​IMG]
    - Add Spear Man for Human.
    - Add Curch Man (Priest).
    - Add Chicken Farm
    - Add Sheep Farm
    - Add Cow with Cow Farm
    - Add Deer & Gazelle
    - Add Elephant
    - Add Simple horse
    - Add Dog
    - Add Wolf
    - Add hell hound.
    Items
    - Remove all same item Damage(and other same item) in Items section, and just make 1 item Damage with 0 damage and no icone so we can edit it to anything we want.
    [​IMG]
    Doodads
    - Add Bee
    - Add Bell
    Abilities
    - Edit Inventory (Hero) allow more than 6 item (8 is enough.)
    [​IMG]
    - Add some ability make Knight, Death Arthas, Mirana, Thrall and..., so they can get down of animals.
    - Add some ability to dragon make it fire breath, not like breath attack.
    [​IMG]

In the game
    1- Edit food section, Because food means the unit eat something, So we can build a farm and collect food.)(already have Chicken, Sheep in units section.)

2- Add section called "the population".
    [​IMG]
    something like this icon
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • subcategory of <edible UI> - let us be able to hide gold/lumber/food panel and raeplace it with blank.
    • hide/unhide the entire UI on deman
    • let us send chat messages with triggers!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  5. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another suggestion for Blizzard, to help the modding community transition earlier:
    - Enable the model editor before releasing the game, so map makers can create HD models and implement them at launch.

6. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I liked this idea

7. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Please Blizzard, please make question mark model for the quests like in world of warcraft!

8. Ibpta

Ibpta

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yep, all true. I disliked it in the warcraft movie, I dislike it in WoW and I will dislike it in Wc3:Reforged if they dont change it. It's simply ridiculous.
    The orcs look amazing in the warcraft movie, why couldnt they do the same with the humans? Precisely because back in WoW they made a horrible design choice away from Wc3. Now we have to live with it forever? Hell no, I refuse.
    Humans should look like the tired old fighters who were conscripted into the army, fighting with armor that was pressed into their hands and then they were told to fight and die, make it count. They are not cannon fodder but they are treated that way due to the war. Knights should look like proven soldiers, arrogant yes but like generals who know how to fight and know that too through seniority and experience. Instead the current knight's face looks like an arrogant noble who was born into his position. You think Uther rode into battle with a bunch of appointed nobles too arrogant to follow orders? C'mon.

Here is my suggestion: Make the footman armor look a bit dented even, possibly used. Just a tiny bit. Still polished but it should look like it was worn by somebody else before him. Remove all the gold and decorations except for the banner of the king and maybe on some kind of bag he carries. You could add a picture of his family or wife on the bag or maybe inside his shield, who cares. Obviously remove the shoulder addons completely, what a joke. I dont care if this is offensive to artists, remove it from WoW and the next movie too. Look at Arthas, he cant see over his own shoulders: https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Culling_Cutscene03-900x507.png
    Yeah I bet he loves his armor when he has to fight orcs. Absolutely not, he is gonna die because he cant see anything.
    Right now the graphics style is like Starcraft 2. I will play it, it looks fine but I will drop it after 2-3 weeks.

9. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Look at his neck. Giraffe.
    Remove right shoulderplate. Leave only the bottom one.
    Make left shoulderplate and hammer smaller.
    A bit bigger head. His hands are bigger than head.

Also do something with the neck and hairs and model with be perfect.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No they don't. They're all giants on steroids. They are even almost bigger than horses and they were scared of horses the first time they saw them (Orcs and Humans manual). Orcs were never huge until some WoW and especially the Warcraft movie.
    Why? Footmen are new recruits, usually.

11. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agree. The shoulder pads are a problem, as they are on the footman. On the footman they make the unit less recognizable. And it doesn't make any sense either, the units won't have any peripheral vision.

12. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    This. And in Warcraft 2, according to artwork and game sprites, Orcs were pretty much the same size as humans!
    I like the idea of Orcs being slightly larger than humans, though. In Warcraft III and early WoW (in-game characters like here, early artwork like here and early cinematics, like here), orcs size was slighlty too much inmho, but it was fine.
    But for some reason, at some point in WoW , orcs suddenly became bulky oversized hulks on steroids. That's obvious in the movie, in the MoP trailer (which is the main inspiration for Reforged artsyle, sadly) and in Reforged. I suppose some people like it, but I'm not one of them, and I am glad I am not the only one.

I think it is very unfortunate that MoP trailer is used as a base for Reforged style. One of the Blizzard artists during Blizzcon panel said they didn't want to make the game too cartoony, because some other games have cartoony style. Their early Reforged artwork looked like this, and it is indeed too cartoony, so they changed it to match MoP trailer and the movie. But it's not a good choice, orcs don't look anything like they did in Warcraft 1, Warcraft II, Warcraft III and early WoW (so basically almost all Warcraft franchise games). I'm just wondering why they didn't keep the original Warcraft III style, which is cartoony but not too much?

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Warcraft II (orcs video) and III had the realism we needed in the campaign mini-films. That's the inspiration they should go for.

14. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is really weird because Reforged doesnt even look like the MoP style. So in my opinion they combined the worst of both worlds, hyper realism with toylike gamer armor from WoW.
    If they want to go with MoP style then go ahead but there arent going to be any goddamn giant shoulder pads in that world. So make up your mind. And you cannot expect me to believe that the Reforged Ghoul that they created that looks exactly like the plush toy from a toystore in WoW would appear in the MoP trailer. It would have to look scary and rotting, for real.
    So my summary: If the designers want to go with a completely new look like Mists of Pandara trailer then go ahead, but do it 100%. Don't bullshit us and tell us about how you are "still true" to the original wc3 feel when it's clearly not the case. You are true to YOUR personal imagination of what you feel Warcraft is, Mister Head designer. That's fine, but dont bullshit me.

Here is where he says it btw with timestamp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCuBrFdQOks&t=324

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  15. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think we need a feedback topic about Battle.net/UI/matchmaking/microtransactions. I'd hate it if they remove the feeling of the old Battle.net. It has been the perfect ICQ channel for me. The StarCraft 2 chatrooms never gave that to me.

And they need to nail the matchmaking, automated tournaments and UI. Hope they don't look too much at SC2..

16. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    6) NIGHT ELF HERO MODELS

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon:

In contrast to what the original model of the PotM looks like in WC3, I dearly hope they improve her model unit far better (her model, NOT the tiger).
    The portrait of the PotM SHOULD BE THE FACE OF THE NIGHT ELF WOMAN, and NOT THE TIGER.

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon is the one riding the tiger, right? and not the tiger itself.

Archmage and Far Seer are also both mounted heroes in WC3, but the emphasis are on the human mage and the orc shaman themselves, and not the horse and wolf... Why was it not done the same to the Night Elf Priestess in WC3?

I hope the TYRANDE / WOMAN NIGHT ELF PRIESTESS OF THE MOON gets done beautifully in WC3: Reforged.

Maiev/Warden:

I hope they retain the original model appearances of WC3 Maiev/Warden in REFORGED.

I dont really have much to say, but I really the original model of Warden in WC3 since you can see their mouths actually talking, with their helmet only reaching down to the nose,
    and not like super duper overprotective Warden helmet armor in WoW that you cant even see her mouth talking (or even breathing properly at least), and it also makes her appear even more heavily armored than a footman.

17. terrio

terrio

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Art and models:
    -weapons looking awful, make them bigger on footman/grunt and less looking like plastic
    -shoulder plates should be smaller
    World Editor suggestions:
    -unit model variations would be nice, like grunt with beard and grunt without beard (something like doodads but units)
    -custom unit sound sets
    -better buff system, like inner fire regen would be bound to buff, not the spell.

18. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like there to be a built-in damage detection system in the WE - I mean an event that fires in response to any unit taking damage and functions that allow you to easily refer to Damaged Unit, Damaging Unit, Damage Type, Damage Amount and so on. I know that @Bribe and others have done some really amazing work to provide said functionality, but I think that it would be really helpful, especially for novice modders that might try the updated World Editor, to have it available in GUI.

Other things like an event that responds to a unit being healed, loaded/unloaded from transport, reincarnated/resurrected/raised or transforming into another unit would also be welcome.

---

I'm in no way shape or form trying to invalidate the incredible work done by other users, I just think that having things like these easily accessible through GUI without having to import elaborate systems would be really, really helpful.

---

Other stuff:

- Continue adding ways to get and change Object Editor data for stuff that doesn't have it yet - I haven't checked in a while, so these might be totally off, but I think things like ability mana cost, unit health and mana regeneration, etc. would really be nice to have :)

- I think that all leak removal actions should be available in GUI.
    - A built-in leak checker would also be very nice.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  19. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • How about casting bar overhead units?

20. foje tit

foje tit

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Will the animation change depending on unit's health?