• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm an RTS veteran and as a fan of WC3 and WarCraft in general, I'm excited about this game.

I have a few suggestions and some feedback for Reforged. Here goes.

- Re-do all the original cinematics. The original ROC cinematics show their age badly (TFT's are acceptable). I would even make the final Arthas vs Illidan cutscene into an actual cinematic, as was originally intended with TFT.
- You can remaster the soundtrack with more a modern WoWish sound, as long as the original tracks stay faithful and very similar to the original ones, and as long as you also give us the option to choose between the original or reforged soundtrack.
- Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I love the new art style, it looks amazing! My only real icks on this side are, maybe the Ghoul (hard to recognize as a Ghoul...Perhaps give us one that looks more like the original, with the current one being an alternate, sort of like the Dark Templar has 2 variants in SC2?), the Footman's shield (rest of the Footman looks great, though) and the Scout Tower (It's too small). Maybe the walls on the Human Town Hall could also be straight and angled, instead of round. But that's really a minor thing that I don't mind going either way.
- The new UI is interesting, but please also let us use the original one as an option/alternative, or at least a SC2-like variant of the original.
- The 16-unit selection limit should either be done away with, or at least we should have the option to remove it in custom maps and mods, as well as disable in custom games (there's enough place on the side bar that allows us to disable the fog of war, etc.). Maybe leave it in for ladder/ranked/tournament play. Or, alternatively, make a second ladder for a more modern game mode, one that will include potential new units, new races, new game mechanics and QOL changes like unlimited selection, multiple building selection, etc.
- Please release a physical CE of the game. I will buy it faster than you can say "Physical Release". Might even buy 4 if you make one for each race. ;)
- Naga, Blood Elves and Burning Legion should all be new races that are added after release. Naga have the best potential, as they are already partially implemented into the TFT expansion already. Burning Legion, based on WoW: Legion could make an interesting and original faction, playing similarly to the Protoss in SC2 (Warp-In, Pylons) or the Eldar in WH40K: DoW3 (teleporting structures). There are a few mods out there that do this, one even actually has a full Naga and Blood Elf race (mod is called "WarCraft III: Nirvana" and you can select the new races in the race selection menu before starting a game, and they all have custom art, custom UIs and music, as well. Links included at the end of this post.
- If you decide to add Blood Elves as well, you could also recycle their buildings and units for the High Elves. The Blood Elves would be playable in the FT expansion, while the High Elves would only be an unplayable enemy race in the campaign (notably in the Undead campaign), that's a variation of the Blood Elves.
- Integrate additional hero selection and race selection into the race selection dropdown menu when making a custom game. I talked to the UI lead for WC3 Reforged at BlizzCon and he said this should be easily possible. A mod called WarCraft III: Nirvana already does it. The Executable file for the mod reads an altered storm.dll (I think that's the dll file involved) file when it starts up. This dll file contains a list of all races in the game that can be selected and played, with the filenames of their UI, Music and Town Hall and Worker units, so that it knows what to start you with once it loads the specific race. As the file is modified to add 2 new races, it gives you the new listed races in selection screen. This could also be used to pre-select heroes on MOBA maps. For example, an altered dll file would be added into the map or mod file, and the game would read that variant upon clicking on the custom map. War3 already pre-loads certain map data when clicking on a custom map in the map selection screen, so it could easily be programmed to read the dll file inside the map file (maps are MPQ files in War3 that contain other files inside as well) and load 2 new races in the dropdown race selection bar/menu. The UI developer and I talked and he figured out how he could make it work. This way, we can have custom races - would be pretty epic, especially since War3's community has had many custom races! Only thing is most of those do not modify the executable or dll file, so they have to program a trigger at the start of the match to let you select a custom race and even then, you won't have custom UI and music for the specific race. This could change that and it's already been done with Nirvana and it's been proven to work.

Links for War3 mods and custom races:
Nirvana:
WarCraft III: Nirvana - Release 1.0 file

Naga Race in Nirvana:
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/23/22711/WC3ScrnShot_043013_051326_05.jpg

Blood Elf race in Nirvana:
https://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/23/22711/WC3ScrnShot_012014_003346_04.jpg

Beyond the Throne, Naga:
Naga Base image - Beyond the Throne mod for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
Naga Base image - Beyond the Throne mod for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne

Beyond the Throne:
Beyond the Throne mod

WOW Armageddon mod for WC3 (Naga included):
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne GAME MOD WOW Armagedon v.3 - download

Nirvana HD mod:
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne GAME MOD Warcraft III Mod: Nirvana v.0.11 - download
Image 1 - Warcraft III Mod: Nirvana for Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
Warcraft III Mod: Nirvana v0.11 EN file

Curse of the Forsaken Custom Campaign and Forsaken Custom Race:
Curse of the Forsaken v3.0

Rise of the Blood Elves Custom Campaign and Blood Elf Custom Race:
Rise of the Blood Elves v3.0

The Blood Elves Return:
The Blood Elves Return v1.2 beta

Many other custom races (Obviously, under the "Resources" section of each profile):
Sunreaver
Unregret
Wa666r
Footman16

I fully recommend all of wa666r's races: Illidari, Dalaran, Nightborne, Lost Ones, Faceless Ones, High Elves, Fel Horde, Worgen, Forsaken, Felblood Elves, Exodar and Lightforged Draenei. They're all really amazingly well-done.

Level 2
- Re-do all the original cinematics. The original ROC cinematics show their age badly (TFT's are acceptable). I would even make the final Arthas vs Illidan cutscene into an actual cinematic, as was originally intended with TFT.
I want a 2 minute cinematic battle with Arthas and Illidan with Lady Vashj, Kael and Anub'arak on the background or Helping their comrade not like the Original TFT where Arthas hit Illidan's groin directly with frostmourne which is pretty blant and lacking. I want some action too. Hope Blizzard is listening with this, same also with the other Cinematics
- Naga, Blood Elves and Burning Legion should all be new races that are added after release. Naga have the best potential, as they are already partially implemented into the TFT expansion already. Burning Legion, based on WoW: Legion could make an interesting and original faction, playing similarly to the Protoss in SC2 (Warp-In, Pylons) or the Eldar in WH40K: DoW3 (teleporting structures). There are a few mods out there that do this, one even actually has a full Naga and Blood Elf race (mod is called "WarCraft III: Nirvana" and you can select the new races in the race selection menu before starting a game, and they all have custom art, custom UIs and music, as well. Links included at the end of this post.
That would be a pain since balancing many races at the same time is pretty time consuming and a headache. I also like the idea though

Overall DLC Campaigns is a possibility after TFT IF Blizzard is listening to this
I also wished for a Burning Crusade Campaigns up to Battle for Azeroth especially the Ascension of Tyrande as the Night Warrior in BFA. That would be too awesome and I would like to see Darnasus, Darkshore, Khaz Modan, Stormwind, etc. in Warcraft 3 Reforged, also Argus and the Pantheon that would only remain a pipe dream for me.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
I want a 2 minute cinematic battle with Arthas and Illidan with Lady Vashj, Kael and Anub'arak on the background or Helping their comrade not like the Original TFT where Arthas hit Illidan's groin directly with frostmourne which is pretty blant and lacking. I want some action too. Hope Blizzard is listening with this, same also with the other Cinematics
...Arthas hits Illidan's right chest. You can see the cut. And the idea of the scene is for those two characters to fight since they are the story's protagonists.
I also wished for a Burning Crusade Campaigns up to Battle for Azeroth especially the Ascension of Tyrande as the Night Warrior in BFA. That would be too awesome and I would like to see Darnasus, Darkshore, Khaz Modan, Stormwind, etc. in Warcraft 3 Reforged, also Argus and the Pantheon that would only remain a pipe dream for me.
Spinoffs or in between stories maybe. They can't turn WoW type gameplay into Warcraft RTS, it just doesn't work.

Level 10
- Add some section under Units - Special called "Units - Weapon" so we can use standard weapons in reforged. Example: We want to attach some standalone weapons to other units via triggers.
a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

Level 2
Here my wishlists. I love to and want to make more entertaining usemaps.

=============Plz fix it, I begging you. plz. I think these are the Super Villans of usemap making

-(Trigger) Fix memory leaks
Most important things are group leaks and location leaks. of course, other leaks suck too.

-(Trigger) Fix wait action.
Action - wait(0.01) doesn't work well, it actually wait 0.11 sec.
it's very very uncomfortable for making speedy custom spells.

-(Trigger) Make GUI trigger script efficient.
GUI uses too many BJs, which makes trigger almost twice slower than jass.
So, replace BJs with natives as many as possible.

=============These may be important too.
-Make heros can learn more than 5 skills.

-Expand button set in UI. 12 buttons are too small.

-Expand inventory slots.

-Solve the problem that units freeze in big battle.
for example, 200 footman(computer1) vs 200 footman(com2)
In this big battle, many units get freezed and don't move.
this doesn't occur even in old starcraft.
I want to make a map has big sacle war.
This is 'war'craft. so at least warlike battle must be possible.

-Enable multiple effects of spell, we can add many effects in spell's one category ex)target, but only first one has effect.

-Make possible to edit spell's baseId to use similar skills individually.

=============Personal preferences, may be not important.
-(Trigger) Add option of auto destroying in 'creating a special effect', default as 'destroy'

-Make option for ability icon display or not.

-Make ability adding stats by percent. for example) int + 30%, hp +25%,

-Make possible choose multiple things in object editor.
For example, choose 16 units at once and copy paste to other map.

=============Here are additional suggestions for world editor.

-Remove limit of movement speed, max 522 is not good at all.

-Expand tilesets more than 16.

-Break the limit of values in Object Editor.
for example, hp, dmg are limited under 500000.
of course. we can break this limit using shift key.
Anyway, I haven't gotten any reasonable purpose of this limits since I start making maps.
It's just uncomfortable and useless.
There must be no limit in WE.

-Improve import manager.
For example, when we import a icon, we have to resize it, convert it with other programs.
Very uncomfortable.
So importing manager has to have an ability to convert imported files to appropriate format automatically.

-Improve icon choosing window.
When we make custom items, units etc, we want to change the icon of them.
And then we have to search icon one by one. It's timewasting and awful.
How about this?
When we change icon, a window shows all icons including imported icons, of course in seperated categories.
==============
bookmarks
icon1 icon2 icon3 ... icon10
icon11 icon12 ... icon20
icon21...

Imported
icon11 icon12 ... icon20
icon21...

units
icon11 icon12 ... icon20
icon21...

items
icon11 icon12 ... icon20
icon21...

abilities

spells

upgrade

================
You can see also 'bookmarks' category in top of window(I think the expression 'bookmark' isn't appropriate, but you can understand easier what this category for.)
That's collection of user's preferences.
If this comes real, we can search the icon we want 10 times faster than before.

Last edited:
If I can summarize somethings about the editor, Blizzard should REALLY remove ALL limits (or maximize it at 999999999 or -999999999) and add more editing tools (like ability editor, and not just copying an existant ability and modify values, but like a trigger editor, in GUI, because script is sometimes wobbly, scary, if you understand what I mean).
Some people will make their computer blow up, and others will use this infinite opportunity of creation and make great things.
Moreover, that could attract many people who never played to the game and who ever wanted to CREATE, easily, and I think someones already spend more time on the editor than in-game (like me ah ah).
But Blizzard has time and could add this to future patches/extensions after release. Warcraft III: Reforged, like WoW, will have to evolve.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Gender.png

This is worse, why there is no "I don't like it" option? Who even created this survey? Seriously, if you're going to make one, better list all possible options, not just options that apparently favor you no matter what.
Why is gender diversity even a thing in warcraft? Like, according to America's newest trend, there are unlimited amount of genders...so I don't know if they're going follow that and make all that.
Is even having more than one gender a necessity to do to all units and heroes? We can just request a modeler to do one.

What's the big friggin deal? We will have an extra variation for each hero that has a gender to begin with (I presume, only makes sense). I really don't see how you can have a problem with that or why you would connect it to some perceived "trend" or "gender war".

As for the poll, since there is an "I like it" ("I am positive (neither neutral nor negative) towards it") option, not choosing that option implies that you're either neutral or negative towards it.
The second option explicitly takes a (conditional) neutral position, and the third option clearly fills in the remaining negative stance without the responder expecting their opinion to limit others. None of the options specify how much the responder likes or dislikes it.
Aside from that, the answers are phrased the exact same way for several other questions which have nothing to do with gender, so even it they are asymmetric, it's not because of the poller's gender-related bias.

Sorry for the rant :p

Level 2
-Make items to have more than 4 abilities. I think 8 is enough.

-If possible, make realtime map making possible. Map testing is very important thing in map making. but map test - bug found - exit - edit - save - map restart to test - bug found - exit ... procession is too timewasting and uncomfortable.
I want to edit 'playing' map in realtime, then we don't have to restart map to confirm edited things.
I think this is very difficult for developers, but if it comes true, map making will be hundreds times faster.

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Has nothing to do with lore. It's just an optional aesthetic variation you can choose from in melee/custom games.
Except not only no one cares about aesthetic variation in melee games but also should be kept untouchable. If variation was used, it should be used only in custom games then.
If possible, make realtime map making possible. Map testing is very important thing in map making. but map test - bug found - exit - edit - save - map restart to test - bug found - exit ... procession is too timewasting and uncomfortable.
I want to edit 'playing' map in realtime, then we don't have to restart map to confirm edited things.
I think this is very difficult for developers, but if it comes true, map making will be hundreds times faster.
That looks like more a lazy and impatient mapmaker style which rushes things. Instead, a mapmaker should learn/acquire the ability to carefully analyse and do his stuff while understanding what he's actually doing, then when a great amount of things are done and look solid, run a test. Rushing and hoping to do things fast is a give away and will take more time to review and refix things, not even realtime map making will save you from there. Rome wasn't built in one day :)

Level 2
That looks like more a lazy and impatient mapmaker style which rushes things. Instead, a mapmaker should learn/acquire the ability to carefully analyse and do his stuff while understanding what he's actually doing, then when a great amount of things are done and look solid, run a test. Rushing and hoping to do things fast is a give away and will take more time to review and refix things, not even realtime map making will save you from there. Rome wasn't built in one day :)

Exactly! I'm lazy and impatient. You know about me too much... but I think there are lazy, impatient people more than diligent, patient people.
I agreed that realtime editing, RE may make mapmakers lazy and unplanned.
However, even if RE comes true, planning is still very important thing as you said.
I believe that RE and good planning can make good synergy.

Level 3
My input (Disregard what has already been mentioned):

More campaign units, so for instance the keystone altars in Silvermoon aren't just Altars of Kings
Player-owned terrain and destructibles
Riders on the Storm Reforged
Founding of Durotar Reforged (with fast travel)
Warchasers Reforged (Where you don't get stuck at the beginning if you don't kill the creeps before too many spawn)
Ability to swap out textures on models, so we won't have hundreds of slightly recolored duplicate models for creeps and campaign units.
Ability to make custom sound sets for units without having to replace another one.
Ability to remove a Haunted or Entangled Gold Mine from the game without creating a normal gold mine in it's place. Also, to make custom Gold Mine buildings that leave a gold mine behind when destroyed. In general, less hardcoded unit deletion; so the hash id of units is saved in more cases, like when an acolyte is sacrificed to make a shade, or when a wisp is used to build an ancient.
Build style not race-dependent, i.e. the ability to give all races speedbuilding or autobuild
Placable and editable clouds in maps, rolling weather.
A new water texture instead of recycling it like was done for Starcraft 2
Shapeable buildings and caves, where the roof becomes see-through when units enter.
Multiple floor support for custom maps.
Thick forest "cliff" type like in the Alpha.
Crisper keyboard control, support for camera panning with the mouse and first person elements...
Pathing palette, instead of having to place hundreds of pathing blocker doodads.
Better trigger UI, ability to easily make index tables for units and other objects.
Skybox for abyss
Ability to interpolate instant movement from triggers, to allow for smoother custom spells
Ability to get AI variables for triggers, like what they consider their primary base, first hero etc.
Ability to attach models to unit portraits, so we won't have to reimport them to make minor changes.
Modifiable Building "flying" Height
Ability to make more models walkable, not just Bridges but buildings too.
Animated lava
Water flow
Less Campaign Items; Make most of them map-specific, rather than bundled with the game
Make Unit is a Hero a boolean in the unit editor
Support for advanced inventory systems and crafting mechanics for use in custom maps
Tree animations can be globally changed through triggers for multiple weather types
Mal Ganis' Dark Conversion changes owning player
Easily able to make AI unable to give orders to certain units you need for triggers.
Player units can be made uncontrollable (i.e. "wards") through triggers, without having to take up a player slot
Better support for multiple blight-type terrain mods
Buffs part of ability code
Ability to change basic command and UI icons per-race or player, like in the beta.
Support for more stats
Easily coded units in cages, patrol patterns etc.
Replaceable build animations and other spawnmodels (i.e. Undead, Night Elf and Naga build anims, Illidan caged, building debris etc)
Ability to make custom lipsyncs
Support for Custom Campaign Cinematics
Ability to save parts of a map script for piecewise import in later maps.
Support for custom tiles
Ability to Set Fake Player Name for Unit
Color Wheel Team Colors for Custom Maps
Limit Race choices for Custom Maps
Ability to change Minimap texture in the course of a game (So it can be changed to fit new camera Bounds, for instance)
Ability to change Player Placement Priorities in a map (i.e Teams together and the like)
Ability to choose the function names of drag-and-drop triggers
Ability to change internal names of map strings, consistent internal names for map title and description.
Better local variable usability
Better support for custom playlists
Light map editor, with placable light sources and the like
Ability to disable certain animations for units, and play animations for attachments (so riding units can be made more easily)
Ubersplats placable in standard editor (floor runes, scorched earth, bloody writing and the like)
Support for custom ubersplats, pathing maps and lightning effect

Support for players joining custom maps mid-game, and observers joining matches mid-game

Last edited:
Level 2
Hero my one Suggestion for make GUI script more efficient. It's about if functions.
See the example.
  • Example
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Condtions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) equal to 1
          • Or - Any (Condtions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) equal to 1
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 30) equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
And this GUI trigger in Jass.

JASS:
function Trig_Example_Func001Func003C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 20) == 1 ) ) then
        return true
    endif
    if ( ( GetRandomInt(1, 30) == 1 ) ) then
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

function Trig_Example_Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    if ( not Trig_Example_Func001Func003C() ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Trig_Example_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    if ( Trig_Example_Func001C() ) then
        call DoNothing(  )
    else
    endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Example takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_Example = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Example, function Trig_Example_Actions )
endfunction

I think making new function for And Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001C) is inefficient, new function is only needed for Or Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001Func003C).

And

JASS:
        return false

this thing is very ridiculous.
It's exactly same as 'if ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) then'
So, I want to improve this like below.

JASS:
        return true
    endif
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

if ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) then
    if Trig_Example_Func001Func003C() then
        call DoNothing(  )
    endif
    else
    endif
endfunction

endfunction

If functions are very important and oftenly used in trigger, so I think this must be fixed.

Last edited:
Hero my one Suggestion for make GUI script more efficient. It's about if functions.
See the example.
  • Example
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Condtions
          • (Random integer number between 1 and 10) equal to 1
          • Or - Any (Condtions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 20) equal to 1
              • (Random integer number between 1 and 30) equal to 1
      • Then - Actions
        • Do nothing
      • Else - Actions
And this GUI trigger in Jass.

JASS:
        return true
    endif
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

function Trig_Example_Func001C takes nothing returns boolean
        return false
    endif
    if ( not Trig_Example_Func001Func003C() ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

if ( Trig_Example_Func001C() ) then
        call DoNothing(  )
    else
    endif
endfunction

endfunction

I think making new function for And Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001C) is inefficient, new function is only needed for Or Condtions(Trig_Example_Func001Func003C).

And

JASS:
        return false
    endif

this thing is very ridiculous.
It's exactly same as 'if ( GetRandomInt(1, 10) == 1 ) then'
So, I want to improve this like below.

JASS:
        return true
    endif
        return true
    endif
    return false
endfunction

call DoNothing(  )
    endif
    else
    endif
endfunction

endfunction

If functions are very important and oftenly used in trigger, so I think this must be fixed.

Might as well remove the brakets, use "=" instead of "==" and even remove "end" statements, if you want cleaner code

Level 2
Might as well remove the brakets, use "=" instead of "==" and even remove "end" statements, if you want cleaner code

-Replace '==' with '='
I think '==' is 'always' confirmed as boolean comparison in jass.
So if '==' are replaced to '=', the script must distinct whether '=' is used as 'set variable = blah blah' or 'boolean1 = boolean2' in context.
That distinction requires more calculations so I think it will be inefficient and slow eventually.
But I can't confirm that because I don't know all about internal mechanisms of jass.

-Remove 'end...'
Removing end declarations may cause confusing.
Let's see new example below, it's similar with example above.
JASS:
        call DoNothing(  )
    endif
    else Actions
    endif
endfunction

function blahblah

Remove 'end' as you said, then

JASS:
        call DoNothing(  )
    else Actions

function blahblah

It looks nice, but it's confusing because where 'else Actions' should be included.
It could be

JASS:
        call DoNothing(  )
        else Actions
    endif
    endif
endfunction

function blahblah

or

JASS:
        call DoNothing(  )
    endif
    else Actions
    endif
endfunction

function blahblah

This kind of confusing case may be applied to endfunction, or end blahblah too.
So end declarations must not be removed. (but I think endfunction is possible to be removed.)

Last edited:

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Why in the world is it even needed to change the syntax?
endfunction and endif are needed to declare where the function ends, just like when you declare a function, you must declare where it ends, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive, easy, simple, efficient, easy to follow the logic, repetitive. Removing makes no god damn sense.
Not to mention it would break a lot of maps who use jass or even vjass. That's not what any one wants, right?
if boolean_a == true is like saying boolean_a is Equal to True, just like an integer if integer_a is Equal to value. It's a universal limitop just like != besides, you don't want to break custom maps with this irrelevant change :p haha

Level 15
For the game: choices that open missions or even secret maps. I think most of the players don't want to play again the same whole story again without nothing new. Instead a single player adventure with choices in-game like starcraft 2 campaing for warcraft would be awesome.

Here are a few ideas for the campaign:
- The propeth make the offer, you can take it or reject it even with Jaina, then fight with Arthas till the end for eastern kingdoms.
- Grommash can reject the demon's blood.
- Kael can reject Illidan help and fight with Garithos
- Sylvanas can control Garithos instead to kill him but kill Varimanthras instead.
- Jaina takes Frostmourne instead after rejects the propeth and seen Arthas dies.
- Uther or Antonidas travels with the human forces instead to Kalimdor.
- The final battle against Archimonde would be awesome if it's a mix of all the heroes and choices you have already made through the whole campaign.

For World Editor: simple 3D basic model editor integrated.

Level 11
- The propeth make the offer, you can take it or reject it even with Jaina, then fight with Arthas till the end for eastern kingdoms.
- Sylvanas can control Garithos instead to kill him but kill Varimanthras instead.
- Jaina takes Frostmourne instead after rejects the propeth and seen Arthas dies.
- The final battle against Archimonde would be awesome if it's a mix of all the heroes and choices you have already made through the whole campaign.
This is some hardcore retcon! I would like to see what WoW would be like with all those choices :p

Level 3
Hey guys,
here is my ideas/my wishlist for enforged! i posted this on a blizzard forum aswell:

first off: i think wc3 reforged is the best thing been done with the warcraft-franchise, thumbs up!!
this is my wishlist for wc3 reforged:
- defend animations for murlocs and skeletons, (and maybe ice revenants and other units with shields)
- burrow animation for cryptlord
- hotkeys for itemslots (in custom maps if there are balancing-reasons not to implement them into the melee game)
- more than 12 ability slots would be great for custom maps (im mostly a mapmaker;)
- compatibility for model-formats (like for example .x ). A lot of maps use custom models, it would be great if there was an easy way to port those to something near the new graphic-level (if that means to redo them, a proper way of import and compatibility would facilitate that a lot)

Alright, thats my thoughts for reforged. that and: the ghouls and, above all, the dreadlock model look terrificly awesome;)

For the game: choices that open missions or even secret maps. I think most of the players don't want to play again the same whole story again without nothing new. Instead a single player adventure with choices in-game like starcraft 2 campaing for warcraft would be awesome.

For World Editor: simple 3D basic model editor integrated.

While World Editor feature you asked would be great, about other stuff here is my thought:
Blizzard give me back my money for both classic and reforged if you choose this way of 'altering' story

Level 15
This is some hardcore retcon! I would like to see what WoW would be like with all those choices :p
It's simple: that would mean that Blizzard will have a HUGE altered story in Azeroth to continue exploding it with alterated time lines of this content in a short time. They already have explored some of this stuffs with WoD and Infinite dragon flight or even the frostlich Jaina in hearthstone. However, that will also do the campaing replayable. For a single player game that is absoluty wonderful. Of course, WoW main events still being the principal timeline.

There is a game for nintendo's DS, Radiant Historia, that explode this kind of timeline development in a REALLY smart and majestic performance.

* What could be awsome is to make recolored textures or parts of textures for creeps (which were so far just tinted with editor and that was not really aesthetic), or just make a recoloring option for the armor ? OR, but that implicate more work, define for every models parts that could be separately tinted, like the armor, the skin, the hairs, etc... and we could choose blend type like in Photoshop (am I gone too far ?). You will say it will be possible with the internal model editor but it would implicate to have an additional model for each recolor we want and it could be difficult to targat a part of the model and modify it etc... if you understand what I mean.

* Expand the limits of the interface by making scrolling bar for unit selection pannel (similar to Starcraft II) and for the buttons pannel (when the number is exceded).
* Zoom for minimap ?

* Blizzard could see for a "bonus campaign" in a different timeline where some things are altered.

As I repeat, everything we suggest could be done for Reforged or in extensions or patches.
Don't forget we will probably pay the game once and that's it, so Blizzard can't find budget in a unique payment. It's better (I think) to divide additional content in extensions, but never, NEVER make little payments like in Starcraft II to buy that (people will hate this), but consistents extensions with maybe physical release ?

PS: Sorry for my English.

Level 11
Reactions: pyf
Level 1
that when autocompleting skill descriptions, real values are written, they are only set integers and it is annoying to replace one by one each '' 1.50 '' '' 1.60 '' especially in passive as critical blow or evasion

Level 15
Able to send statistics to map author. Totally usefull to balancing map, especially moba :p Like their pickrate, win/loss ratio, for every hero. And maybe option for players to send replay data.
So there is a trigger to send a bunch of data (created by yourself) to the author. Well, it require the map to be integrated directly with their account. And when hosting there is an option to disable it.

Level 10
- Add a section below Spell List called "Upgrade List" to Spell Book. Because sometimes I need several pages with upgrades.
a.jpg
- Add ability to all the towers, which we can see if the unit is in range.
ZBP5MO9DGD5Q1541005931087.jpg
I'm always tired of writing my password, why not just create a button that remembers the password, like the password recovery button.
WTF.jpg

Last edited:
Level 15
Multi-training unit button like AOE3 and unit command button to command and deploy possition of huge armies like total war games frandchise: basically hold right click to draw a line where the units will move and rotate at the end increasing the line will make it lighter or even separate units. Unit formations like AOE2 would be great too.

Buildings destruction like AOE3 where the building gets damaged by cannons.
Also fire for buildings if they are attacked by fire units but just smoke if it's attacked by raiders or swords.
Workers repairing inside the buildings.

• I really hope Blizzard gives us in Reforged in the terrain editor a tool to put markers on the terrain that are only informative and do not actually get included in the game, to help the mapmaker make better calculations and to better plan the map, like LABELS and NUMBERS, and RULER, SEPARATORS(like in SC2 editor), event PRIMITIVE SHAPES,and whatever you think of

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello,

I would like to suggest a few changes to game Audio Settings and Sound Options to be implemented in future patches of Warcraft 3 and Warcraft 3 Reforged:

There are currently (version 1.30.2) no options to separately regulate the different game sounds volume levels.

Game sounds could be grouped as follows:

-------------------------------------

1. Notifications and Responses:

* Game Voice Notifications (resource notifications / base and combat event notifications) - no option to turn On/Off separately. Basically these are On if Game Sounds are on (Master Volume).

* Unit Responses / Unit Speech (can be turned On/Off, but if turned Off players no longer receive notifications when building/training units - this could be added to Building sounds or as separate option)

* Building Sounds - (can be turned On/Off, provides notification for research, but not for trained units)

2. In Game Sounds:

* Ambient sounds,
* Environmental effects,
* Movement sounds

* Game Combat Sounds
* Unit Ability sounds

3. Game Music (regulated separately)

---------------------------------------

Additional Checkbox options and Sliders in Sound Options to separately regulate some or all of the sound types could improve game audio:

All In Game sounds categories (1. Notifications and Responses and 2. In Game sounds ) are all at once affected by the game Master Volume (Game Sounds volume).

However in game there is a difference in their volume levels and it happens that the overall volume level of the Unit/Hero Speech and Game Voice Notifications is around 150% compared to In Game Sounds (combat sounds, ambient sounds, environmental effects, movement sounds and ability sounds etc.).

As Speech and Voice notifications override the rest of the game sounds - they affect game atmosphere since they occur all the time throughout the game during unit control.

Normally each Unit/Hero repeats 2 or 3 default phrases for Select/Action - which gets repeated throughout the whole game while overriding other game sounds in terms of volume (a few additional response variations per Unit/Hero could also improve game audio if added to the default responses).

This is especially noticeable when instead of a headset, for example an audio system with Subwoofer is used.

Currently in order to be able to hear In Game sounds properly due to high Hero/Unit Speech volume (and still not have too high Speech volume) - players have 2 options:

1. Either to lower game Master volume (In Game sounds will have even lower volume in this way).

or

2. Turn off Unit Responses (and Unit Speech) completely (unable to get notifications for new units built/trained).

Turning off the Unit Responses option - all game ambient, weather sounds, movement sounds and combat sounds can now be heard at 100% - the in game atmosphere can now be heard better and even allows overall game Master volume to be increased by the player (overall game audio is more quiet now).

The Voice Notifications (resource notifications / base and combat event notifications) in this mode are still On however and still have higher volume (around 150%) than other In Game sounds. An option could be added to turn Game Voice Notifications On/Off with a separate checkbox and also a slider to regulate the volume.

Unit Responses are essential to gameplay - especially for melee gameplay, where players need to have the Unit building/training sounds On (unit training complete) upgrade sounds etc. If Unit Responses is turned Off completely - with no sound notification for new units that are built - this impacts melee gameplay significantly.

If possible an option to separately turn On/Off for Unit Responses/Speech, Unit Training Sounds and Voice Notifications (even set separate volume levels via sliders) would be very useful.
Volumes of Unit Speech/Responses, Training sounds and Voice notifications could be regulated separately in Sound Settings to allow the rest of the game sounds to be properly heard.

For example for every checkbox in the sound Options menu - there could be a slider to regulate the volume separately:
Unit Responses; Building Sounds, Ambient sounds; Game sounds (Combat and Ability sounds); Weather Effects, Music As well as Master Volume that would affect all settings.

In this way players can customize the game audio to better hear the combat, movement and ambient sounds, while still have the Building Sounds, Unit Training Notifications, Unit/Hero Responses and Speech On, but with slightly lower volume.

Alternatively - trained units notifications could be included to Building Sounds - sound notifications when a new unit is built could occur as notifications for Building/Research complete.

Unit Responses option in Sound Options could be changed to turn On/Off only Unit Speech (only when a unit is selected and commands are issued) - not affecting new trained units.

Additional Unit sounds:

Movement sounds:
Currently only some unit types have specific footsteps effects. Smaller units and some Hero types do not have footsteps effects on different terrain.
In water areas all units have footstep effect.
Additional footsteps effects could be added for all units and also filters could be implemented for different terrain types:
Dirt / Grass / Snow / Desert / Stone etc.

Additional sound effect presets could be implemented (could be optional, possibly player customizable):
* for Hero/Unit/Item Auras (different sound effects)
* for buildings (ambient building sounds or sound effects when a building is producing units)
* for units like the Orc Kodo Beast (different rhythm patterns or drum pitch options)

Optional Visual Effects:

Additional visual effects related to Unit Health - similar to the building damage effect.

Options for in game toggle of Show Unit Health Bars
Using shortcuts that would allow to toggle different Health Bars of units On/Off in game - without having to switch to Game Menu (for example Ctrl+[ for allied units // Ctrl+] for enemy units and another shortcut for all units). Currently this can be used when pressing ALT for all, [ for allied and ] for enemy units, but there is no option to toggle the settings using a shortcut as for example turning On/Off Sound (Ctrl+S) and Music (Ctrl+M).

All the best
:psmile:

Level 48
1) Unit Portraits & Characterisation - This is perhaps my biggest gripe with the build we've been exposed to. In Warcraft 3 Classic, every unit had personality and character - this was expressed largely through an emotive, expressive Unit Portrait, which always corresponded to fantastic voice acting. Elements were exaggerated - the Peon's and Peasant's large, orb eyes made them look stupid, the Goblin Alchemist's feet draped around his Ogre mount made him seem completely in control and uncaring about his unwitting "companion". There were other elements of characterisation in those portraits - Troll creeps were visibly cunning and smug looking, smiling slyly at the player. Grunts grimaced, exposing their teeth. Sometimes, the Sorceress would hover slightly higher in her portrait, centring the camera on her breasts - she would then come down and visibly reprimand the player for "staring" - and the list goes on and on.
Those little details allowed each unit to feel unique and to have a sort of personality to them - the same applies to Starcraft 2's portraits, to some extent - and I feel that this is severely lacking in the Reforged version that we've been shown. Warcraft 3 has always been full of life and character, and to have a dull camera and a barely animated view of each individual character feels extremely cheap and blank. I sincerely hope that this point is addressed before release.

2) Terrain / Unit / Building Inconsistency - Based on the screenshots and the gameplay videos we've seen, there is a very big problem related to the contrast between the high-definition models and the outdated environments. This seems to be caused by an overall lack of attention to the modernisation of the environments - a few things that can be done include randomised shrubbery / rocks / small details on the tiles themselves (not as doodads), more advanced terrain tiles (akin to work done in substance painter?), better and more interesting variations of doodads (trees should not be resized clones of eachother, but have unique details such as empty branches, differently coloured leaves, etc), and an easier transition between buildings and doodads and their underlying terrain (trees should have leaves / roots underneath them, buildings should have "splats" similar to those already featured in Classic WC3, but higher definition). These features should be seamlessly integrated into classic Warcraft 3 maps as they don't mess with any existing objects.

3) Lighting - Warcraft 3's lighting engine is highly outdated. As a matter of fact, it was outdated even when it came out. Ensemble Studios' Age of Mythology managed to create a much better implemented lighting engine around the same time Warcraft 3 came out. To strive for a more modern appearance, something should be done about the lighting. Better shadows, more obvious transition from day to night, without harming the visual clarity (team colour and unit shapes come to mind as potential issues) would be incredible. Moreover, give map developers access to much more powerful lighting options, greatly improving the appearance of custom maps. Lighting dictates a lot in terms of visual fidelity.

Status
Not open for further replies.