1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope they don't do that. I agree with YourArthas, this wouldn't feel like Warcraft III anymore if they change too much stuff. Adding some WoW lore/design scarcely, why not, if it remains reasonable and without retcon. But if it is overdone like you are suggesting, it would feel like a new game. Keep in mind that some people don't like WoW, or just dislike WoW lore. Those who like WoW already have the opportunity to play WoW and enjoy its lore, landscapes, cities, etc. Don't take away Warcraft III from the fans.

Take a look at the Blizzcon panel: Grubby asked about clans and other battle.net functionalities, and the devs replied it wouldn't be easy, but they are going to try, even if they can't make any promise.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, but in the interview he talks about adding functionality to the Group function on Battle.net. At least, that's what I got from it.

So I'll be losing my 14 year old clan. Which wouldn't be the great tragedy in the world, if we would get a worthy successor. Still need more information on that to see if that's the case.

3. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Sidenote: We have all the WoW ripped for Warcraft III already, at warcraftunderground website (I'm the global moderator there so I don't hate WoW but it is not Wc3 remake if they just retroport WoW to Wc3 engine like we did)

4. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, at least you agree with me in regards of Silvermoon and Dalaran, those are very much needed, but what I meant for the Black Citadel is not to carbon copy WoW, you can create something that resembles the Black Temple as it is supposed to be in lore and also keep the greedy and devilish tone of the whole thing, it doesn't need to be all green and fel, actually if you go there right now in WoW BC the whole place isn't that green at all, it still has a very creepy and dark atmosphere (despite the outdated graphics).

Note: I am not asking things to be designed like WoW. Despite actively playing it nowadays, I think that WoW is way too cartoony and I really praise the devs for making Reforged more realistic looking (heck, it is even less cartoony than the original WC 3 design and that's a great plus for me), all I said is that they keep that idea they had with Stratholme throughout the whole campaign, that is to better fit the map and assets with the current lore, not necessarily WoW visual design.

5. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Also, I did read somewhere that there would be male/female versions of each hero. It should go without saying, but the Priestess of the Moon should only have a female version. There were no male Priests of the Moon until after the events of Warcraft 3. That lore should remain as it is, rather than get retconned.

6. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

Another thing dude, beyond the sizes of the armors and weapons, is the designs itself.

majorly, the armor and weapons in WoW looks as if it were designed by a child. Seriously, majority of the weapon designs of WoW such as swords, axes, hammers, bow, guns etc. look more of like a child's toys rather than dangerously looking deadly weapons.

EXAMPLES:

Illidan's warglaives is a perfect example for weapons. The blades in Illidan's warglaives in WC3 looks like as if its a sharp deadly elvish silver steel blades that can cut you in half in an instant, (like the mystic blades of the elves in the LOTR/Hobbit movies)
    meanwhile the design of Illidan's warglaives in WoW, looks like a cheap-ass looking version of a green double-edged lightsaber.

I know Illidan's/DH's warglaives in WC3 have panda faces in them (as JUST an easter egg joke), but even then, the WC3 warglaive designs, despite the panda face joke easter eggs looks more of as deadly weapons rather than the WoW Illidan's warglaives that looks like a child's toy sword.

Arthas' armor is a perfect example for armors as his armor designs is getting also a lot of hate in the internet. I am not surprised.
    Seriously, they are making Arthas' armor look like Varian's WoW armor, which sooooooooooo ridiculous looking in all these years.

Seriously, look at Varian in WoW. He looks like a freaking blue-boy Megaman with a weird glowing sword. Dont get me wrong, I do love Megaman in terms other games beyond Blizzard. But it just looks ridiculous having an armor worn to be as a reflection of a sci-fi blue boy Megaman in a medieval fantasy story game.

King Llane's lion helmet in the movie two years ago is also another goofy looking thing, first time i saw the helmet, it instantly reminded me of a Lion Hat mascot thing you can get in carnivals or something, like the one Luna Lovegood in the HP movies worn. lol

7. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arthas Menethil looks like Anduin Wrynn. That's how the culling of Stratholme demo feels weird!
    [​IMG]
    this is arthas.

8. Zavorakto

Zavorakto

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    In HotS there is this skin for Illidan based on his W3 model:
    [​IMG]
    So for Reforged maybe Blizzard will stick with the original design instead of the one from WoW.

9. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

Based on that model, Im pretty sure Illidan is wearing something for his wrists and hands, as well as his feet prior to becoming hooves after Skull of Gul'dan in WC3.

Surely, Illidan didnt have horns as a pure night elf demon hunter, before claiming SoG and becoming night elf-demon hybrid of course.

And Im not sure about Illidan's receding Vegeta-like hairline here.

10. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ''Though I'm pretty certain it ain't gonna happen, I've proposed that it be configurable to use one of two modes: classic mode to display everything as it is now, and full mode to display as SC2 Editor. It's a solution that enables the power some yearn for, while not being impeditive for others who don't.''

oh wow, I really like that idea, yes, that. we need it. there is just too much in the starcraft2 editor can do to leave behind, it really is, a god like program once you figure it out, it took me 6 years to ''figure it out'' which may seem ridiculous, I know - I know, but now it feels smooth as water to me. except in trigger editing. but you almost don't need triggers, the sc2 editor is so strong. and having knowledge of the world editor, didn't necessarily hinder my learning of the galaxy editor. I like them both, just, the galaxy editor a bit more. its a bit more fun and rewarding, even if the arcade is cancer to get right. (ps mur'loc island survival 2 officially being released chrismas on the sc2 arcade -- public beta tests for all who wish to join me)

I too, also had an idea, what if, for tournaments and skirmishes/bnet stuff, its the traditional 5 race choices (Including random), but perhaps, if blizzard has time, they could create more of their own ''campaign race data'' with greater detail for custom games, like the co-op commanders on starcraft2, normal battle net matches as undead will always be among my all time favorite past times, but what if, they made their own, more up to date 'secondary races' like say, high elves?

when you look at high elves, as supposed to blood elves or night elves or even the naga for example -- ''high'' elves where very neglected. this could be their chance to do something about it.

take another race for example, the draenai, and no im not talking about the blue goat people im talking about the hideously mutated skulking hooded critters who made my skin crawl the first time I saw them, and still sort of do to this day, (eehughghghegehgellelhlah) they get like what 3 buildings?

blizzard needs to make this ''reforged'' warcraft feel new and exciting (worth money) without killing them selves from blood loss by shooting them selves in the foot, getting something as silly as a ''footman'' wrong, thats mean people, I thought we loved blizzard? don't be mean. haha. just kidding. seriously though, give them a chance. im sure they are going to whip something special out.

I hope they don't change the file formats too much, they don't need things like lighting and shaders and material exploits like glazes and glows and crap. the less they change the file TYPE the better. - and if they do change the file type, then they will break a lot of models and that would be very sad. and I hope they invent a tool to fix it easily for us.

I hope they don't remove any spells, they should have to keep all the original meta data and only ever add to it. perhaps make them more change-friendly.

I hope they work harder on some races, especially for the campaign, and I hope they can all be available as choices in one map, and have their own different unique user interfaces, im looking forwards to seeing their work on the red chaos orcs/demons for example, and Naga/mur'locs of course. and the dwarfs...dwarves are like what 6 units?.

oh, and I hope, they do something, with goblins. because thats another hideously neglected race. skirmishes can stay the same, but custom blizzard campaigns could get pretty crazy. and custom match games could be pretty fun if the custom races are made available by blizzard.

but I only speak for my self. oh, and yea, the new reforged footmans shield could be bigger, but the rest looked fine. it seemed a bit thin/tall compared to the normal footmans unit shape profile, so maybe they will make him shorter and more stout who knows. I like the buildings, and I liked that orc grunt. and the necromancer. I really liked the 3-dimensional dynamic grass, that was nuts. actually I liked most of everything in that video except ghouls. I didn't like those ghouls that much, then again maybe they are still being worked on. I was glad to hear the nostalgic sounds, especially the death sounds, they sound better now some how, but the ghouls them selves had the wrong colors visually, their faces where too dark. I know its basically the world of warcraft ghoul, but I never liked that world of warcraft ghoul much to begin with either, I'd rather see some diablo-3 (what the hell were they called? Soul Rippers?) concept art style here in this one instance instead of wow concept art... just my opinion.

edit 1: oh, and multiplayer campaigns

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  11. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    Illidan always had that kind of hair.

12. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    5) Demon models

This may be a small thing, but for the sake detail in appearances, I hope they retain the TAILS ON DEMONS in WC3:Reforged.

Demons such as Dreadlords, Pit Lords, Doom Guards, Hellhounds, Eredar Warlocks (such as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden themselves), etc; majority of the demons in WC3 have tails, making them as what a real scary demon monsters should be.

In a much better graphics, the demon designs of WC3 (especially the doom guards) would mostly even beat the design of the BALROG in the LOTR: fellowship movie, and probably even fit into a supernatural horror movie.

In terms of a general appearance of demons, it would be better if they retain the tails on demons as it would look more closely as to what the devil himself would look like. Just pure scary looking, evil, and powerful creatures from the underworld.

13. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    I imagine it will be the same as WoW, so doom guards will lose their tails but the rest will keep them.

14. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

If the demons will be highly resembled to WoW demons, it will be quite disappointing.

In terms of model appearances, WoW demons couldn't even scare a 7 yr old child.

I know Warcraft isn't a horror game genre, but the concept of demons itself are unholy, twisted, and powerful beings of hell. Naturally speaking, demons are suppose to look scary and monstrous.

As for WoW demons? meh... WoW developers even ridiculously made the demons in WoW: Legion more as like sci-fi space alien invaders with spaceships and all, rather than as naturally dark mythical evil creatures of the underworld as it what is in Warcraft 1, 2, 3.

15. Triceron

Triceron

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nathrezim are a good example of how they will differ from WoW designs. They will be inspired by WoW, but the design will be its own thing. Just look at infernals too, they arent space rock designed like in Legion.

Undead units are a good gauge of how much WoW they are taking inspiration from and how much they are deviating and making look scarier.

16. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That’s your opinion. I respecfully disagree. Arthas in Reforged, looks amazing. And the demo feels exactly right. True to Warcraft.

And yes, that’s a picture of Arthas.

17. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just make something with those glued hair. :)

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's just a skin/model. DOn't take that seriously.
    Awesome!
    This isn't about someone's opinion. It's about being as close to the game as possible. Look at the picture, see how Arthas' character shows unlike on the nancy Reforged model.

19. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Male sea witch anyone? Or pitlady :D

20. DrTema

DrTema

Resources:
    Resources:
    Need an reconnect option in melee and especially in custom games.