1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Then , when will this thread be closed and evaluated?

2. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We don’t have a deadline for that yet. For now, keep commenting on the things you like, don’t like, your concerns or suggestions :)

3. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Then the news text "Comment about the things you have liked so far, things you didn't like, your concerns etc. Blizzard is listening." would be a blatant lie.
    But I agree "Please be constructive but also as clear and concise as possible." is not possible in this context.

I honestly didn't know that such a feedback document regarding the patch was actually sent out with effect.
    Would have been worth a news, especially seeing what was sent, and what happened as result.
    A response from Blizzard would also be nice, but i guess there was none. (at least about priority of issues or similar)

4. Whisper

Whisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    We should send this kind of feedback document every month or after any big Wc3R development news from Blizzard.

The Hate on footman and arthas model is so big on the internet. I bet in 2-3 weeks Blizzard will post some news with image of the new model.
    It would mean that they are actually listening to the community.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    because I know that I wouldn't answer to every question posted by the community daily.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    You are setting expectations already, I see.

The hate of the footman model is big on the internet? Don't really agree. It's a great model. The feedback given about it was that it looks too 'elite' it's more like a captain or royal guard model. I hope they keep this one and make a more basic footman model.

7. WeirdEditor

WeirdEditor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't dub WC3R in Chinese!! Please!

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think they might just let you choose the text language and voice/sound one.

9. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    If they add Hearthstone and HOTS references in the game, would it be immersion-breaking?

... and, perhaps, a weird form of anachronism?

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Unnecessary. Those games are spin-offs, literally.

11. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you're familiar with the Tolkien mythos, it's the same thing that they did with Lurtz. Even though he isn't canon, he became a such a prominent figure that he made it into all sorts of LOTR related media.

12. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd love it if they did a Murky campaign. :D

13. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    I dearly hope and pray that the "Classic" Team of Blizzard is not called classic for nothing...

Warcraft 3: Reforged is a remaster of Warcraft 3. A Warcraft game, NOT a WoW game and NOT Hearthstone game either.

Warcraft is not WoW, and WoW is not Warcraft.

Out of everyone's concerns and feedbacks with regards to the aspects of the game; designs of character models, armors, or weapons of certain units, the gameplay, the controls, the map making editor, and most important of all, the lore/story...

I just hope and pray that WC3: Reforged will STAY TRUE in the majority of its aspects as it is in the orig Warcraft 3, especially the lore.

Veteran Warcraft 1, 2, 3 fans, such as myself, who clamored for a Warcraft 4 all these years didnt got it, but instead we have this remaster of WC3.
    Its fine... so long as the word REFORGED term is indeed a REMASTER of the Warcraft 3 game,
    and NOT as a "retcon = ruin Warcraft 3 just to fit in with WoW" game.

Dont know if these feedbacks here will even be read by the Blizzard guys who are developing Reforged, but I hope they do, at least...

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gods no. I urge you to have that as custom made instead. It's not Finding Nemo or anything like that. Murlocs should be what they're supposed to be, not rabbit fish hybrids.

15. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, sometimes I want to see the world burn. =D

16. fine93

fine93

Resources:
    Resources:
    hope you uppdate the spell effects too, the only thing you need to ceep is the icons and voice lines the same!

while you upgrading the game it would be cool to get new textures for terrain and new doodads

17. Thraselius

Thraselius

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just came to know about WC3 Reforged and to say the least,I am excited!I can't wait for it's release,but I will try.That being said,visually it looks sweet.The UI isn't exactly bad,though I'm missing the old ones.The units models could do with a bit of work in a few cases-like the Footman.The storyline is definitely the same-though I wonder if there will indeed be support for existing custom maps.If so,I would die of happiness.

PS-As I come to know more about this,this post will get updated.

18. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    My main concerns with Reforge is how it's gonna affect the thousands of maps that have been made along the ages, I fear it may render most if not all obsolete. Thousands of Models will also find themselves at risk.

Secondly I would address how the new cut scenes (The Culling) look so cliche like and ridiculous, the face expression and the pointless gesticulation and finger pointing in the cutscene really killed it for me, it looked like some anime trying to be dramatic.
    The voices are also a big concern, looking at the WOW voices they made all the big Evil guys sound so generic and characterless and even more zany than a comic book hero. Just check Archimonde from Wc3 and Archimonde from WoW. So when they say they are gonna do new voices I am indeed scared of the outcome, why must they waste money and manpower on making new voices when the old ones are still as good as ever, as seen in the Culling they sound even better as they can now use the full quality and don't have to compress them due to the time constraints and such.

19. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Probably because, as they said, they want to better connect Warcraft III to WoW and that might mean retcons and/or add-ons which the previous actors won't be there for.

20. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    At least they have Grubby telling them all our real concerns, I watched his youtube feedback videos and he shares all our concerns. He even told them the exact thing that I was thinking, that the original wc3 look is "perfect" the way it is.
    So at least they know how we feel about how high the bar is and if they mess it up it's because they dont give a shit.

lol many of them already dont work, try the maps from wc3campaigns and like 50% of them dont work anymore in current patch.