1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Lich_king2

Lich_king2

Resources:
    Resources:
    One of the most interesting aspects is how much the old engine of W3 can handle and how much from WoW is portable to it.

Edit: Guess it has been quite a while from my last visit here :D

2. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This would come in handy since just one program can import all custom models/skins/icons into your game with one program.. so you can click a tab that says models and it brings up a window and you can choose which model you want to implement into your map, or with icons .. just click the icon you want and hit import and it shows up on your map... I think that would be so much easier then to have all these programs and everything.. So once you download a model from the hive put it into the models folder in the editor menu and then once you click that model tab it will show on there for you to click it.

just a thought...

Because the way we import custom models and such is annoying too do, so I think we need a much user friendly way to do this.

3. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I noticed in one of the Culling videos that players get hints about stuff like waking units from Mal'ganis's sleep ability. I can see this becoming a trend and I know it doesn't matter much, but let player discover these thing on their own.

4. Tasyen

Tasyen

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Could be a difficult setting thing. I did not see such a notice in the back2warcraft videos. They played hard.

Regardless Human RoC campaign has alot of hints explaining the game, even right now.

5. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    It was played on normal and true, the base game has them, but since they are changing things up a bit, they may as well have it so the players figure things out by exploring and trying.

6. Relith96

Relith96

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have only one question: I'm Italian and I already saw the Italian cinematic trailer... with the different voice over. Don't get me wrong, I love the WoW voiceover, but I personally love the original voices, it's just nostalgia probably... but I'd love an option to toggle the newer and older voiceover. Please.

7. Razorclaw_X

Razorclaw_X

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you can access the map, including play it, there is nothing you can do to stop anyone from accessing your map. What you're describing is how media companies want people to believe how streaming movies work, but the fact is any movie you stream ends up on your hard drive one way or another and if you're determined enough you can take it because they just gave it to you.

World Editor is the same way. If the game can't read your map, your map just plain won't run. At a certain level the game and the editor have an agreement on what is readible and that agreement happens to also be decipherable by humans even if you tried your hardest to obfuscate it.

8. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Pertinent suggestions, really!

9. ArgentinianUser

ArgentinianUser

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be cool they make an easy way to make 3rd person maps where you move with arrows keyboard

10. suhaild23

suhaild23

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    so quick question for the guys who know about computers more than me... would I be able to run it?

video card: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
    Pixel Shader: 5.0
    Vertex Shader: 5.0
    Dedicated Video RAM: 512 MB
    CPU: AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G
    CPU speed: 2.5 GHz
    RAM: 12 GB
    Soundcard: Realtek High Definition Audio

11. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmmm... what if....we let Blizzard...steal some of our stuff? what..if... there was a waver, to, wave some rights (WAIT WAIT HEAR ME OUT) and say, hey, the ultimate way to give life to a game we love, to have blizzard have our stuff inside the game its self, if only rarely, I for one, would love that, and here by proclaim, they are free to steal any of my models for their purposes, just as my models are public to change to all I suppose this includes blizzard....haha...probably not. but hey? its a thought. (they may just end up only creating fresh ones, if only based on our ideas, im ok with that too)

some models where just awful and really needed fixing, and world of warcraft style is not bad, I like it. but if they are ''keeping'' the original models, they should clean some of them up. even if just a little. and perhaps add back some alpha idea's.

oh, and if you want us starcraft2 editors back, your gona need...some sc2 stuff...

like site operations....stuff.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  12. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, cartoonish art sounds terrible! The art style of the reforged should meet the modern era.

Just play war3 classic with cartoonish and simple art style.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. Hardtime

Hardtime

Resources:
    Resources:
    Crazy idea: why not try making cosmetic changes and variations to unit models? For example the Grunt; it could have a version without the helmet, one with pads on both shoulders, one with a small shield, or even a female Grunt. Just some eye-candy stuff to make the game seem more immersive. Crazy I know and it's gonna take some serious work, but if there's an idea then it's at least worth it to try to put it out there.

14. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't agree. 7z and zip file can be encrypted by a password. The w3x/w3m and w3n files can also be encrypted by this method, since these files are also of compressed format.

15. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suppose it's too much work, too expensive to do, but I would love that. :)

16. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Considering they've not released system requirements, literally no one can say.

Currently the game is so unoptimized that it runs shitty even on amazing hardware.

In any case, if the computer can't cut it, we can always play the classic mode.

17. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    3) GAMEPLAY

As much as I love Warcraft 3 for years and years up to this day and forth, there is one part of the gameplay that just... sucks

The UPKEEP TAX thing... seriously, they MUST REMOVE THE UPKEEP GOLD TAX thing in the gameplay...

In Warcraft 2, upgrading the town halls gives the increasing effect of gold, lumber and oil collection BUT...
    In Warcraft 3 it became quite the opposite, and it seriously discourages and limits many players to build large armies for epic large scale war battles...
    And THAT SUCKS.

In most cases of gameplays within the limit of only 100 food population in TFT (90 for RoC), its kinda bit of a bummer that 1/4 or 1/3 of that population already goes to workers, instead of warriors being summoned...

Yeah, Blizzard should REMOVE THE UPKEEP GOLD TAX thing for the gameplay of Warcraft 3:Reforged

4) SKILLS/ABILITIES ANIMATIONS

Some animations from Warcraft 3 skills are so good that it should be as the same of how must it appear in Reforged (only in better graphics, of course), while some animations of abilities in WC3 needs to be changed in Reforge.

Examples:

Illidan/Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis skill animation SHOULD BE JUST HOW IT IS in Warcraft 3, with the cool dark energy ball morph thing, and that awesome growl voice within it upon transforming to and from A BLACK SEMI-FIERY DEMON FORM... THAT SHOULD STAY THE SAME as the animation for Metamorphosis in WC3: Reforged.
    Warcraft 3 DH Metamorphosis is like a dark demonic version of Super Saiyan, and it is B-A-D-A-S-S!
    And NOT like the lame Metamorphosis animation of DH in WoW, where DH simply jumps and instantly poof! demon form! tadaaa! LOL

Grom/Blademaster's Bladestorm skill SHOULD BE CHANGED however in WC3:Reforged from how it was in Warcraft 3... They should use the cool looking animation of the Bladestorm in Heroes of the Storm,
    instead of retaining the old beyblade bladestorm animation in WC3, or should we say, Beybladestorm lol.

18. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Upkeep is what kept Warcraft III from being an early Starcraft II.

I wouldn't ever remove the Upkeep. It limited mindless massing of armies into one base and it rewarded doing well with a small army.

Sure, it's a very divisive mechanic. I myself am not good at microing 40 supply-worth of units. For me, Warcraft III would always be either playing only 1 hero, as a moba, or getting a large enough army to smash it once into the opponent's base with hopes of success.

But I sure as hell love to see pros do magic with a handful of units.

19. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree with your point. The animated head portrait is absolutely great, and one of most popular features in classic wc3. I think a border and animation are necessary. Insights into unit face and head animation are very significant and attractive.