1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. HellvsHeaven

HellvsHeaven

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Perhaps, a better solution would be to allow people open maps in world editor and take a look but not edit them.

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Are you sure about this? I remember them saying something about releasing the modelling tools used to the public (as in: a 3ds max plugin, like they did with SC2), not that it's an actual 3D modelling software. That would be bonkers. No company would actually code their own 3d modelling tool if they can just make a Max plugin, not even blizzard.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ~excerpt from: Reforged - Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

It will probably become free as the StarCraft Anthology (Original+Brood War). Because I don't think it's just a strategy against code breaking for the initial game version since you can find it on the net anyway.
    ??? What good would that bring?
    That could still lead to stealing triggers.

4. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    When you want to make a map where two players are agaisnt each other literally. I made such. the moderator told me he won't approve it because the minimap is upside down. So I changed it to normal.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What!? How can the minimap be upside down? You are not making much sense.

6. Clawclock

Clawclock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sounds very hackable.

7. 00110000

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Built-in editor option for unit cast bars.

8. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    player 1's camera was default. player 2's camera was 90C. But since you cant rotate the miinimap, it looks upside down. So i had to make teh camera of pplayer 2 also default. bruh...

great idea

9. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    This won't ever completely work and code will forever be open in some form or another because it has to run on your machine.

10. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    at least makes it harder to access

11. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • let us change the font style of flotaing texts with bold | italic | strikethrough | underline | background color | and its font family also!
    • let us have underwater experience in warcraft 3.
    • Let us display images on teh screen.
    • Let us display custom big message on teh screen with a trigger similar to the upkeep
    • add a native easier and GUI way to handle damage detection and healing detection annd add absorb detection(absorbed damage/healing)
    • Round regions please! im having problems with square regions.. these edges...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  12. LaxusElite

LaxusElite

Resources:
    Resources:
    If we have like a bound password between our map and our b.net account u're saying people can hack into blizzard's server and get that password? Hardly. Like for example we had a account specific password of some sorts that is stored into blizzard's servers. World Edit could have its own account creation perhaps where when u open world editor u are promted to login with your b.net account then u get all the maps saved in your account file and u're able to lock those maps with a PIN of some sorts. I dont know what exactly but I hope I can inspire an idea. :D

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  13. -Manuel-

-Manuel-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like almost all the new content, this bring a new essence to the game.
    But the only thing that really bother me is:
    Why, the icons are too small, i aggre with the minimalist UI, but seems that need a reconsideration in how the icons are scaled to new UI. All i see in the demo videos, is a mix of colours in a rectangular place. (the icons are too hard to see)
    I suggest to make the UI scalable, with 3 options (small, medium, big).

Everything else is fine.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah... and they are all from left to right.

15. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:

YeeeeeeeeeeP

harder to access is good enough for me.

16. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Visuals seem a bit too cartoony for me, I would like more realistic models but I love the detail on the units when you zoom in. The models definitley do not need to made any more cartoony or WoWish.

I have noticed Blizzard has opted to keep the harsh transition between tileset terain textures even in the HD remaster, the game would look better if these were smoothed out as I have been editing alot of the BLPs on my maps to achieve this and it really makes a huge difference.

17. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exact same maps you say...

18. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since this ''Reforged'' announcement and since it's an obvious upgrade, featuring "updates to World Editor", I've been wondering whether we'll be able to add in triggers / constants to be able to select more than 12 units in total at once? There are some maps, such as "Lordaeron: The Aftermath", where massive armies are fighting each other and it'd be nice to be able to select more units at once. If this was not one of the updates, my suggestion would be to add it - even as an optional feature.

Also it'd be really nice to have key-binds display on their own next to unit / ability / upgrade names. For example instead of having [Q] (or example "Build Farm") in the title, it should be separate next to the title of upgrade/unit train we are planning on doing. So instead of having it written, it could be automatically set to whatever button we set it to on it's own.

19. KaszankaSzatanka

KaszankaSzatanka

Resources:
    Resources:
    My Question:
    1. How will look then the murlocs? :p
    2. Reforge will be on 24 players?
    3. There will be larger map sizes?

My Requests:
    1. Make it possible to make campaigns for 2 players
    2. Please doesn't translate the names of heroes into Polish
    3. Change of the paladin's model
    4. It possible rejoin the server

20. starter_e

starter_e

Resources:
    Resources:
    Given that the best way to contribute to the longevity of the game and player retention will yet again be user created content I would suggest to Blizzard to just remove as many of the limits that beset creators now. Any other improvements be they in campaign or visual style would have a shorter lasting impact on the player-base. Those considerations motivate the following list, a shorter version of which I posted in the other thread as well.

Hope list:
    - skybox improvements(sky weather(clouds etc), Sun, Moon, stars, visual improvements to more realisticly portay the map horizon/edge)
    - normal(gradual) night day cycle(with possibility for light level adjustment(sunny to pitch black))
    - origin point of objects not making them disappear when point is outside camera
    - make mutiple level terraining easier(I have a map with a tall mage tower I wish I could look out the windows of and see the map below, ah dreams dreams...)
    - garbage collection, improved memory management
    - dynamic water surface as in Frozen Throne menu screen

In other words, the more you enable us, the more we will prolong the life of the game. By giving us enough freedom, your inevitably controversial choices will not have a negative impact since we can create content to everyone`s taste.