1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Feedback] Request Features for JASS and the World Editor

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by TriggerHappy, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^Metamorphosis retains the original unit's vertex coloring. It seems all morphs have this problem.

2. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add natives to fully handle/detect unit's regeneration. One example for condition.
    • natives IsUnitRegenerating whichUnit, whichUnitState takes nothing returns boolean.
    And some :
    • Supports unit selection group more than 12.
    • Add natives/functions to handle/detect unit's attack speed. And please, new native on 1.29 only check unit's base attack cooldown. Please add more.
    • Shows unit attack speed/cooldown and movement on UI.
    • Add support to changes building rotation while we start to build it (Like in the game Battle Realms).
    • Fixing bug in some spells and buildings with unit requirements. (Like Sacrifice and Entangled Gold Mine to make it more configureable).
    • And I fully agreed with all of Nestharus requested.
    • Fix Devotion Aura percentage values. As far as i knew, it only works for enemy unit. cmiiw.
    • Natives/functions to detect while unit stat value (Attack damage, hp, mana, armor, attribute, etc.) was changed.
    • Add support for vector (and the other) targeting spells. (Like in dota 2).
    • Ability/Item keys using numbers.
    • More units classification and makes them fully customize and configureable.
    • More configureable Abilities like Carrion Swarm/Shockwave/Breath of Fire and Stampede special effects.
    • And more buggy spells, functions, units to fix.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That would only help the aesthetics as the pathing for buildings is always a square. There is no circular or triangle pathing in Warcraft III. Some doodads/destructibles have it rectangular.
    Heck, an option to make items stackable.

4. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe he's simply referring to the visual side. I too would like building facing to be configurable.

5. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yap. It is kinda boring ya' know, all of the buildings can't be rotated and we have to see them like that for 16 years. Haha.

6. Mister_Haudrauf

Mister_Haudrauf

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You can make them face any direction, if you make the Building a temporary unit, place it and then make the unit a building again. However changing it's position or it's ground texture will revert it back to normal.

Yeah. That's true. I have however have made a custom Path, which belongs only to this specific building. Rotating the building would make it very weird.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The square pathing will be kept but buildings can't be rotated in the editor because they have no movement speed. Only buildings that rotate are the night elven Ancients but they have special animations for that and once they don't have to use the animation they return to the initial facing, towards the screen. I'm curious how they missed it with the Corrupted Protector which doesn't have proper turning animations while rooted.

A thing they could do is to also add random facing for buildings when you construct them because no melee player will waste time on rotating them before placing them.

8. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, that's also sounds good.

9. apsyll

apsyll

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I would like to get an unit get out of range event
    As opposite of unit get in range event.

10. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Posted this already in different thread but I was directed here:

An option that when one imports a bunch of models, it would be possible to tick an option in WE that would automatically create new default doodad/object/unit for every imported model.
    Would save a lot of time when importing packs with lot of small models

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've been posting a few suggestions here and there aswell. I'll repost them:
    • Pathing editor, so you can paint pathing at will without relying on blockers. Ideally this would be done without resorting to those air spheres the SC2 Editor had.

• Rejoining feature for BattleNet (disabled by default, but can be enabled in the World Editor). When a player hasn't been defeated, but leaves the game, the game continues, but the lobby reappears in the BattleNet custom game list. A joining player takes the free spot.
      Options like, does the game pause and force players to wait, and so on, can be left for the mapper to decide.

• Unlikely to happen, but: two modes for the World Editor.
      • Classic mode, which displays as it is now.
      • Full mode, which displays the full set of features offered by the SC2 Editor. Logically, the user's actions in classic mode affect the full mode: e..g, copying a unit (in classic) duplicates actors, weapons and the like (in full mode, when modified).

12. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Speaking of pausing, I'd like to ask for infinite pauses on multiplayer. The 3 timeouts limit is unhelpful.

13. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or maybe increase the number or pauses allowed, or reset the pauses counter after a while.

14. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Let's also remember that there can be only one save per player.

15. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This attachment bot would like an option to allow attachments to play their wielder's animation.

16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I request the possibility of exporting all object data not just the modified fields. Thank you. It's problematic when you've used Latest Melee Patch in the Map Options and you run the work on newer patches.

17. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When I saw BlzSetAbilityExtendedTooltip, I thought I could finally display scaling ability damage in the tooltip. But the native doesn't even take a unit, and the effect is global. I'd like the option to customize individual unit ability tooltips.

Suggestion: BlzSetUnitAbilityxxTooltip(unit u, integer abilID, string text)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  18. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    And i hope we could get some natives to check and set the ability data from triggers. Like DataA1,Dur1, etc.

19. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Perhaps even comprehensive base abilities/settings, so that we don't have to code all sorts of silly missiles with buggy height.

20. El Saif

El Saif

Resources:
    Resources:
    Agreed.