• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 World Editor Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Considering that Warcraft 3 is still getting strong support from the developers, I created this thread to try and index all features that could be patched into the game so that modding could be improved and the game's lifetime and fun factor could be increased.

We recently got 24 player support, larger map sizes, increased asset limits on map and other smaller improvements so why not try to come up with ideas on how the World Editor could be improved.

My first ideas:
- Target projectile ability with no stun. This will make a lot of things easier and reduce the amount of triggering required for this.
- Ground projectile ability with no stun (skill shot). - I know this could be done with Shockwave or Crushing Wave etc. but one 'dummy' ability for modders to base their abilities on would bring a great quality of life improvement.
- More damage calculation options directly on spells. Simple direct damage is getting pretty boring. (Example: have a 'math' field where you can take identifiers like <UnitID, DataA1> and new ones like <UnitID, DataUnitInt> where you can input equations to get a spell to do damage based on stats).
- Options to modify the game UI somehow similar to WoW/SC2 (use JASS to scale UI elements and position them on the screen.

Most of the things listed are pretty doable - having doubts on the UI part - but lets start a mega thread where we try and get all of our ideas together and maybe Blizzard devs will take notice and implement them.

Post comments with other features and I will update the OP with them in a better format.

Status
Not open for further replies.