• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reforged World Editor questions/concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there. I’ve heard that Pete Stilwell said that the world editor will be improved but I was wondering about the specifics of these improvements like:
- Will there be options to increase the inventory size of heroes?

- Will the world editor have an integrated damage detection system for physical/magical damage ? Or to make orb effects stack ? Or making attribute scaling spells ? ( I know for example some spells are easy to make them scale via triggers but there are example which are hard especially for average map makers ,for example cone abilities or a passive chain lightning which deals attribute base damage or attribute based summons etc)
What I mean is that they should add an integrated system in Reforged where orb affects/attack modifiers stack and you have the option to choose the damage/scaling for spells to be attribute based or health based instead of just picking the number. For example in the Abilities panel for chain lightning at Data - Damage per Target you could have the option to add 2 * Agi + 100 or have another added option where you can set the spell to be passive so it can trigger on auto attack. I feel like like changes like this would be a a great quality of life improvement.

- Having the option integrated in the editor to remove the movement speed cap

- The option to have every terrain tileset/doodads/environmental objects available in every map

- Increasing the attack speed cap/lower attack cooldown via spells/items
Every unit has a specific cooldown time for their attacks which limits their attack speed. For example there isn’t any difference if you have 500 agility or 5000 if you have 2 seconds cooldown time for your attacks. I feel like if you cap your attack speed the game should slowly lower your cooldown attack time until you have so much attack speed you reach the system's 50 attacks per second limit or something similar.

- Increasing the numbers of attack/armor types

-

Level 11
Nothing specific has been communicated about the editor yet, so right now we can only make assumptions. Not much can be said that haven't already been tackled in the thread you made in the official forums.

The option to have every terrain tileset/doodads/environmental objects available in every map
You can already do that for doodads and units. You will need to modify the tileset individually for each object in the object editor though.

Level 11
Yes, I have the gift of ubiquity!

Joking aside, many of us also wander on the official forums, Reddit and Discord. :)

Level 5
wyQHbSopjKl5s8dUPUeo4jWd1CT1d91ab8AEJ1IJNS4.png

According to the pic above,
it will have a physical damage detection system, because YDApi now supports it.

(better understanding what's conveyed by the picture)
upload_2019-3-28_15-34-23.png

Level 4
Yes, I have the gift of ubiquity!

Joking aside, many of us also wander on the official forums, Reddit and Discord. :)

What do you think about my concern about the attack speed / cooldown attack timer ?
You know that some units have a faster attack animation while others have a slower attack animation. That’s mostly because of the Combat - Attack - Cooldown Time. I’ll give you an example. The Paladin hero has a cooldown attack time of 2 seconds which will limit how fast he will swing his weapon to do a basic attack regardless of how much attack speed he has via buffs , items , agility or gameplay constants. So if he has 2 seconds cooldown attack timer and the maximum attack speed ( let’s say X) will attack slower than if he had for example 1.5 seconds cooldown attack timer and X attack speed.
I would have liked if the Reforged editor slowly lowers the cooldown attack timer if you reach X attack speed on that unit until you can have the maximum attacks per second the system allows OR allow attack speed alone to reach the maximum attacks per second allowed by the system without the concern of the cooldown attack timer for every unit. (The unit will attack like a machine gun in that case)

Level 5
Can you be more specific about how that it will work ? :D
Descriptions and comments in YDWE are all Chinese. However, I can show you by function names.
[YDWEIsEventPhysicalDamage]
[YDWEIsEventAttackDamage]
[YDWEIsEventRangedDamage]
[YDWEIsEventDamageType]
[YDWEIsEventWeaponType]
[YDWEIsEventAttackType]

Level 2
Does anyone know if Blizzard has plans to make WC3 multithreaded for Reforged? Even just 2 cores? Should give up to twice the FPS.

In some large maps with a lot of players and units the framerate can really dive and you can especially feel it if you have a 120/144/165 Hz monitor and are used to over 100 FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.