• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[vJASS] Attribute (new System)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I want to use this thread for my new coming System.

Attribute:

Basically, I will redesign the entire Attribute System and virtualize it. BonusMod will be used to apply the attributes.

Different hero classes can use different ways of bonuses.

The current available bonuses are:

Attack:
- Damage (0+%, 0+%) [Normal Dmg]
- Critical (%, 0+%) [Mulitply Dmg]
- Block (%, 0+%) [Block Dmg]
- Breakthrough (%, 0+%) [Pure Dmg]
- Resistance (0+%) [Dmg decrease]
- Cooldown (0+%) [Speed]

Spell:
- Power (0+%, 0+%) [Normal Power]
- Critical (%, 0+%) [Mulitply Dmg]
- Block (%, 0+%) [Block Dmg]
- Breakthrough (%, 0+%) [Pure Dmg]
- Resistance (0+%) [Dmg decrease]
- Cooldown (0+%) [Speed]

Special:
- Rage (0+%, 0+%) [Chance bonus]

Normal:
- Health (0 + %)
- Healthreg (0 + %)
- Mana (0 + %)
- Manareg (0 + %)
- Sight (0 + %)
- Speed (0 + %)
- Armor (0 + %)

What the 0 + % means
The values that are double (x, x) determine a chance and the new value (chance, value). The 0 means an integer value, the % is for percentages.

For example: Critical (%, 0+%) means the trigger value is a percentage and the new value can be increased by static values or percentages.

Example 2: Resistance (%) means that a unit absorbs x% of the damage taken by attack/spell.

Example 3: Armor (0+%) means that the armor value can be either increased by an specific amount or a percentage.

Mapping
- Strength
+ Attack [Resistance]
+ Spell [Resistance]
+ Normal [Health, Healthreg]

- Intelligence
+ Attack [Block, Critical]
+ Spell [Cooldown, Breakthrough]
+ Normal [Mana, Manareg]

- Agility
+ Attack [Cooldown, Breakthrough]
+ Spell [Block, Critical]
+ Normal [Speed, Sight]

- Primary
+ Attack [Damage]
+ Spell [Power]
+ Special [Rage]
+ Normal [Armor]

Percentage types
Percentage:
- Stack (Damage/Power/Rage/Health(reg)/Mana(reg)/Sight/Speed/Armor) ++
- Drain (Critical, Block, Breakthrough, Resistance, Cooldown) 100/x

Stack means they will always be added to each other without loss.
Drain means the more you have the less they will effect the remaining values.

Explanation
- Damage/Power: Base value for strength of attack/spell
- Critical: Chance for dealing more damage
- Block: Chance to block damage from attack/spell
- Breakthrough: Chance to deal pure damage, can't be blocked and resisted
- Resistance: Permanently reduces damage of a specific type (attack/spell)
- Cooldown: Decreases cooldown time for attack and spell
- Rage: Units under rage have increased chance for critical, block and breakthrough

Else
I hope you like my ideas. I will use a Cooldown System for Attack+Spell cooldown, my Missile system + DamageDetection for attack/spell damage detection and the new Attribute + HeroClass system for mapping of the bonuses to the stats. Spells will also need to take care of Critical, Block and Resistance.

What do you think? Please leave a note.

Level 28
Maybe you could add Bash as well? The standard Bash-ability has the massive flaw that it rounds the to-hit percentage to the nearest 5%.

I think it could potentially be a brilliant system, though it would be nice to let the user map the attributes themselves.
Also, some people may want some percentages to stack instead of drain, or the other way around.

Still, it's a nice all-in-one system for managing heroes.

I cannot really steal the idea as it is, its too much to handle... But it certainly inspired me to do something like that for future personal use (or maybe actually just readjusting the systems that I'm currently using on my projects to make it more centralized or something like that)... Something like developing a "base" where all my future projects will be made on... :)

but I'm sure no matter what outcome it will have, your system will still be far better... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.