1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They are animated just they don't have a frame in reforged

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They're doing that already in a way or another. There are female versions of each racial heroes. But, any of this stuff will cost.
    Assuming you didn't buy Reforged, right?

3. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Insights into unit's face and expression are missing in the reforged portrait system.

4. Standhaft

Standhaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    Am I the only one who likes the new footman? He could use some fine tuning, but overall I like him. He looks like the cinematic footman more or less.

Also, while I think it would be cool for grunts to have variations, I think footmen should all look the same. FRESH OUTTA THE WAR FACTORY.

How would different models work though? Would it be a choice? Random for every unit trained? Could it be turned on or off?

Personally, I would prefer if it was a bit more like skins in Starcraft 2 but with more options on how it applies. I would want to have significant control/customisability so that I was never forced to live with some variation I disliked. For example, if you did want the variation to come out randomly you could also tick which ones. For example, let's say there is 4 grunts. 1 with no helmet, 1 with a shield, 1 with a mace, and 1 with duel wielding shields. Maybe I think the helmet is derpy as hell so I only want the non-helmet version(s). I would like to be able to choose that.

But overall I am not going to be bothered if there is only one model remake. I don't want to lose a raid expansion because they had to work on models.

Edit: also... have I misunderstood the classic thing? If I own classic RoC and TFT, do I still have to buy reforged to play it?

Or does that just mean people with classic can play with reforged in multiplayer?

5. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Standhaft

I like the new footmen too.

@Archian

Story: For me the most important part of Warcraft 3 was the campaigns. I loved them to bits, and still do, but I am worried about all I am hearing about how the story will be altered to match WoW retcons. This worries me because I saw the lore that I loved for Warcraft get gradually erased, needlessly complicated and completely retconned into what WoW is today. Do I mind small alterations like adding more content to the Fall of Quel'thalas? Not at all. But I don't want all the crap like the retconned Garona & Medivh stuff, Thrall as green jesus, Hellscream getting turned into some hero when he was a merciless warrior, or the Burning Legion getting entirely changed. Please keep all that out of it.

I'll be watching the changes carefully as they'll dictate whether or not I ever buy the game.

In addition, I think the demo missions for Thrall should be added to the campaigns. They explain why Thrall has jungle trolls.

Assets: One of the big worries from the modding community (that I've noticed) is that with a graphical upgrade the thousands of old models won't match the HD visuals. This means that modders are returning to having only a tiny pool of models, skins, etc to use and I feel this is something that should be addressed by Blizzard. You have a host of weapon models, environmental doodads and more that you could transfer from WoW into WC3:Reforged. This would give modders a vast pool of models to use for their maps, and would help keep people interested in modding this game.

New Content: I would be glad to see new campaigns added -after- release in the form of a new expansion pack.

Microtransactions: WC3 doesn't need them and players shouldn't be punished by not shelling out cash to get the skins, etc. The modding community has grown so strong because mod users have access to everything they would need, and microtransactions segregate players from one another. Make WC3 feel like an old game, just as it should.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  6. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    big mistake that they made it look more realistic. We want warcaft. just the way it is. I never had a problem with it, nor will I ever have a problem with it. If you're going to reforge it then reforge it like the original look. All the new models are ugly to me because they are not warcraft 3. They are WoW, all the textures look blurry to me even though you made them as HD as possible. But when you zoom out it's all a blur of grayish colors and the footman looks like a generic "unit" and the ghoul now looks like a generic "zombie thingy". THe original ghoul looked really scary, with huuuge long bone fingers where you can just imagine that he slices anybody up. He looks like he was bred or grown precisely as a killing machine and only to kill.
    Now look at the new ghoul. Just some generic zombie with generic clothes hanging off from him and some generic attack animation.
    Especially the arthas and jaina and uther models looked horrible in the cinematic. Yes very nice PBR, that's great but so what? You only managed to enter the uncanney valley of realism now. Now I notice how their mouths dont move, their faces dont act correctly and the blurry textures. Before with comic look I didnt care, it's a comic.
    Lets take the skeleton for example, now it looks like a realistic human skeleton. But now I cant use it as a generic skeleton for modding anymore. I cant make it spawn from a gnoll. Or summon a bunch of skeletons by an ice revenant or something because why would he summon human skeletons? you understand my point? if you make things realistic, you narrow their focus. Now it has to be so much better and you just know that the game wont survive for another 15 years on realistic looks, graphics will improve and then we look at "realistic" reforged and it looks ugly compared to the new games. I still think wc3 looks just perfectly fine today.
    It's not like I dont appreciate the effort here, I do.. but cmon, this has to be warcraft. I dont care about the sensibilities of your designers and modellers. Force them to make it exactly like the original wc3 only better. You can add new units, new campaigns, new spells. I am fine with THAT. I'm not fine with a new look / art direction. Look, let's make a compromise because I know how your artists feel about this. PBR is the new cool thing and who the hell wants to work on old stuff. Make it PBR but develop an entirely new direction that still emphasizes primary identifying traits.
    So make it cartoony PBR. Give the footman his huge shield back that he can hide behind. Give the ghouls his insanely long pure bone claws back. Give the knight his bulkiness back so he feels different from a footman. Right now they honestly look almost the same when you just give a big group a glance from above. You cant immediately tell with 0.1s of looking how many knights are in a group. That was definitely possible in the old wc3, there is no way you cant count the 3 knights in a large group of footmen. I seriously doubt that you would be able to do that in reforged.

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    In melee games only for those who choose that not for all players to be confused by it.
    Of course you have to buy it.
    That's not a retcon. It's story progression.
    You mean, Darkspear Tribe Trolls?
    But actually mostly used for lumber gathering outside of early melee and campaign levels.
    The Skeleton was human even back then aside the Skeletal Orc. It's artistic semantics. I like the Diablo look of it but I'm not quite sure I like it for Warcraft III.

8. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    The HD arts are indeed affected by WOW partially. However, most models such as Jaina Proudmoore, Uther and footman look great.

I don't like Paladin's haircut and beard. The classic Paladin looks more sacred. As a paladin, Uther looks more suitable. The Arthas's shoulder armor and hammer exhibit too much WOW elements. The tauren's weapon, wood, looks awkward. I just prefer the original tauren model.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  9. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I absolutely bought it.

I'll continue to do modding on my Miix 310 even if it means running on current settings only. But this can run Starcraft 2 on low, so maybe it'll also run Reforged on low. Multicore support would be great.

If I want to enjoy all the settings cranked up, I should have my desktop CPU hooked up again by the time Reforged comes out. That desktop absolutely wrecks in performance.

10. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About the story, why not insert some precuel campaigns, like LoC or Garona's path, Ilidan's imprisonment or any other story told on the current campaigns?

11. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

Naah... Warcraft 3 is a RTS game, w/ heroes... and RTS itself is naturally meant to be played as a gameplay of armies vs armies... otherwise, whats the point of troops and buildings bases and stuff... Might as well be a MOBA gamer and play DOTA or LOL... or just stick with WoW as an RPG game...

The point is...
    The larger armies, the better... Armies clashing against armies is not only the heart of the gameplay of a RTS game, but also it gives you such satisfaction of seeing such epic clashing of opposing faction in a huge war battle, the mass killing and dying of troops in a fierce battlefield.
    Basically pretty much like watching the movies of LOTR, or Hobbit or 300 spartans, etc...

You dont move mountains without armies.

12. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • You know, it would be coold if Blizzard recreates the story that coninues in World of Warcraft in Warcraft III, as custom campaigns or part of the main story.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, Illidan's imprisonment would be a philosophical monologue which I doubt most people would find it fun.
    I'm really skeptical on Orcs and Humans and Tides of Darkness+Beyond the Dark Portal ported on Reforged. I would like those games to be remastered instead in HD. But in terms of resources for Reforged from those games, that'd be great.
    Would be interesting if they could use the Warcraft RTS game manuals to turn them into standalone campaigns/RPG/standalone levels.

On the other hand, they could do it like they did with Nova Covert Ops for StarCraft II.
    That will never work. Because they'd have to retcon a lot of WoW. This game was designed differently.

14. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    Okay, so the same old story as for the last half year. Random hive threads with little to no organization, no way to measure popularity and importance, being fully ignored after the 3rd page or so.
    As coke illustrated, this gives me no hope nor confidence in blizzard nor the classic team.
    Look at the reforged forums, on the front page 4 threads are just about jainas breast size. Really?

Just like before, communication is still the most lacking component here imho.
    A statement and excuse for the disaster that has been 1.30 and how it's gonna be addressed would be highly appreciated.

15. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would sell my soul to see that happen!

16. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, uhm, communication mishaps aren't actually a new thing for Blizzard. I'm pretty sure the company doesn't expect any kind of feedback from this. I'm having a hard time imagining people going over mounds of convoluted forum posts in search for valuable ideas.

Instead, I imagine these forums as a way to spark a conversation between people who are genuinely passionate about the game.

Warcraft is the Coca-Cola Zero of RTS games.

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What losers...
    That would totally suck.
    The admins here should collect the adequate information, compile it and send it to Blizzard. Actually, they should send it in fragments because sending it too late isn't a good idea. It has to be received during the development process so Blizzard will have to organize it further themselves.

18. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Give us the ability to change or hide the loading bar in loading screen and give us the ability to EASILY change the loading screen image. Also, able to adjust the position of the text on the loading screen.
    • It would be very awesome if Blizzard adds FENCES and GATES to the buildings that the workers can build! (like the the kinggdoms - stratholme/stormwind/lordaeron etc)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't claim to know what the devs and mods intend to do with these threads. However, one thing is certain - the discussion is fun!

20. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We plan on compiling a document for Blizzard with the collective feedback from our community, like we did with our patch feedback.