1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Elektrohund

Elektrohund

Resources:
    Resources:
    Something I would like to see that hasn't already been mentioned (I think) is the option to add a small player color border or glow around health bars for easier identification in messy large scale battles.
    Maybe like this:
    [​IMG]
    Alternatively add the option to make enemy health bars solid red and friendly green.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  2. DoctorGester

DoctorGester

Resources:
    Maps:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm not saying that. The point is that when you are playing a custom game with other people the code which runs on all machines is the same. There is no client/server separation. All data on all clients is also shared. This is why maphacking exists and works and can't be reliably fixed without an anti-cheat. And if your local machine can access that code (which it needs to, because it needs to run it), then you as a user also can.

3. Captain Bacon

Captain Bacon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I feel like Cartman wanting to freeze himself until the Wii comes out, except with Reforged!

Everything i could feast my eyes on has been fantastic so far, the graphics look stunning!

My suggestion would be to add in the option to create a custom race in the world editor (and have it be selectable in the menu)!

EDIT: And maybe some generic Spell effects for mapmakers to use, since I imagine some of the current ones will be updated and may not fit with some spells anymore. :D

EDIT 2: Also, custom sound sets for units is something i would also endorse!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  4. bojangin

bojangin

Resources:
    Resources:
    My issues with WC3 Reforged:
    -As others have said in this thread the animations in the culling cut-scene are way too exaggerated and over the top.
    -The animations in general for units. It's frustrating seeing all the unnecessary goofy movement.
    -I would really prefer if they kept the original voice work for this game. No need to fix something that isn't broken
    -It seem way too bright and cheerful compared to the original. Just from what I've seen in the culling chapter I watched. Where is the rain and general grubbiness? Don't want too cartoony.
    -Would like to see farther zooming levels, I'd like to pull the camera back a bit more.

What I like about it:
    -It's a warcraft rts so I'm happy about any news not dealing with wow when it comes to warcraft.
    -It'll probably be much much easier to deal with than original wc3 in 2018
    -I'll probably be able to get my friends to buy and play this. They wouldn't with the original.

I feel like I might be being over critical of this but I'm not really sure. When they went from WC3 to WoW I was thoroughly upset with blizzard for a very long time.
    I'm really hoping Reforged turns out to be great and I hope to see some awesome custom maps and campaigns on here for it!

5. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:

you know, the model designs of the Warcraft RTS games all from 1,2 and 3 are like realistically looking in terms of an actual medieval armor in fantasy story. and that is what made it all great... it made you feel like as if your in a dark enchanted medieval land with the touch of fantasy.

no overly colorful armor with weird drawings
    no childish designs for every part of the armor and the weapons
    no glowing swords or axes in sometimes weird shapes and sizes
    no ridiculous umbrella sized shoulderpads
    no superman capes in every unit
    etc...

6. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Terraining - why mot make the terrain be able to go vertically? Like at the map boundaries you can just make the terrain curl 90C and go up, to make it look like a cave :v

7. Meai

Meai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep and the new WoW footman looks like shit because the shoulder pads block his sight. What sane army would make it impossible for a soldier to look to his right or left side? rofl man cmon. I dont care how WoW did it, that's just ridiculous. Also what's weird is that the new paladin hammer actually looks bigger than the old one. How can you go for realism and then make the hammer impossibly big. No way a normal human being can wield that with a single arm and just carry it around while running etc.
    The old model held the hammer at the top part because that's how you would hold a heavy hammer like that. No way you can keep a heavy hammer of such a size upright when you hold it at the end of the stick.

8. Triceron

Triceron

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's hard to say.

I have no problems with the style itself.

There are things I don't like, such as the scratched metal texturing, the use of greys and blacks in shadows instead of color, and some of the odd proportions like oversized pauldrons and weapons. This isn't to say that the style is bad, because creatures and characters and even the knights look fantastic. It's just that they don't look quite unified yet as one world.

On the other hand, things like giant pauldrons and weapons are meant to be there to easily identify units on the battlefield as an RTS. Realistically they can scale them down 20% and it'd look fine, but that's 20% less readable from a top down view when you need to instantly identify a unit from that hero. That extra sized shoulder piece has a bigger splotch of team color on it, making it easy to see at a glance rather than being lost in the details.

I still feel we have to give it more time. People say Warcraft 3 visuals are perfect, but objectively speaking War3's low poly graphics are so undefined and ambiguous that the only thing you could really get out of them were the exaggerated splotches of team color and exaggerated animations telling us what ability was being used. In effect, we got used to abstracting everything rather than actually seeing things. Our brains got wired to recognize a spell based on a frame of animation, but it doesn't mean that animation was particularly good.

It's sort of like trying new food. Some people don't like curry. It doesn't mean curry is bad. It doesn't mean every time you eat curry you're going to hate it. It's just a taste you need to get used to.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow... I still don't like some foods to this day. Accepting something you don't like is called tolerance but that doesn't mean it's necessarily good for you. It's a stress you have to adapt to.

And no, you don't need huge shoulder armour to identify units especially through team colour. Warcraft III did it properly with the colour being on various parts of the unit. Sure, some units like the Grunt only had it on their one-sided pauldron but it was long enough to cover a part of the chest too. But in no way did it block the Grunt's eyes/vision if he'd look towards it.

They can do it right without excessive details while keeping the realism. The Tauren Chieftain is one of the biggest if not the biggest hero in Warcraft III. I think they shouldn't necessarily rescale all heroes to the same size. We'll see.

10. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some units looks ugly from far away because they're so detailed, like footmen. Better keep it simple imo.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Detail can only make them better when zoomed out actually, now engine has LOD thing WoW has.

12. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    You won't play zoomed in. Unnecessary details mush together and looks terrible.

13. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    LOD means when zoomed out the detail will be less so no they won't look terrible , instead they'll look better in both situations

14. Saelendious

Saelendious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those are all my personal wishes, however I feel like the entire WC3 community would like most of them (I guess?)

Basic things for custom content:
    - for the love of god, please provide people with an official model editor (and other necessary programs, hopefully)
    - do not make WC's World Editor overcomplicated like SC2's, hopefully you'll understand why
    - speaking of WE - make spells, items and upgrades more customizable. also, make sure all unused and unavailable for usage spells can get their use (#MakeSpySpellAThing)
    - add more 'stock' content - re-use alpha/beta assets for the classic versions and get them a remake for reforged for compatability

- remastered versions of already existing custom cards (like warchasers, candywars, skiby, gran-prix, monolith) and maybe blizzard versions of popular custom maps (uther party, footman's or whatever)

Design-wise (it doesnt really fit into visuals, so I'm adding this here):
    - remastered soundtrack and sounds of animations/spells (with an option to switch between remastered and normal one)
    - loading screens shown via map progression path, like in original, should also be an option next to loading screens with characters/locations (like shown in The Culling)

Campaings:
    - dont get too overboard with cutscenes - they should Not be too good. yes. you've read that correctly.
    - maybe we could get an additional difficulty level for the missions? not insane hard, but, yknow
    - achievements?
    - 3rd mission of Undead TFT campaing definately deserves an expanded variety of creeps to possess (as I believe was originally planned)
    - please make some color change ups: color blue is overused. human RoC is fine, NE could use a diffirent color, Rexxar can TOTALLY use a color that fits better - i believe its easier to have better fits with 12 new colors (this should be in graphics, but i'd prefer if it was here)
    - exodus of the horde brought together and NOT split into first two chapters being playable and three other chapters being left without voice-acting as a custom campaing. hopefully it will receive a remaster as well - you can easily add naga there, since the sea witch became a naga in WoW (wat-ever). speaking of a remaster, make kul-tiras have actual kul-tiras colors. damn.

I am hyped for Rexxar campaing getting a remaster, and even thought I'm not a WoW player, it's style is very wow-ish, maybe it should be even closer to it? Obviously, I hope for maps being reworked, like Orgrimar, Theramore and other locations, but I have other suggestions for it:
    - more side locations (straight from WoW, of course)
    - more bosses, including in side locations, with actual phases! itd be way more interesting to plan out stuff instead of just rushing in and casting every spell on cooldown. the campaing gotta become challenging, especially considering the fact that you cannot lose there, basically
    - actual equipment system like in WoW (probably not, but cmon, can i dream)
    - how about replacing normal skill leveling system with a talent system (and skill stats level with hero level and/or stats)
    - allow players to use Drek'Thar and Samuro (or maybe some new heroes) as actual party members, maybe implement a system that allows you to choose your party and limit it to Rexxar + 3 to 4 other heroes
    - multiplayer? come on, we'd like a multiplayer version where you can raid special versions of bosses with friends, each of you controlling a diffirent hero. not exactly a WoW button mashing sort of raid/dungeon, but that'd be quite interesting as a caverns-of-time-of-some-sort

... i'm all burned out for now, hopefully i will update when ill think of something else

15. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Already confirmed afaik.

Though I'm pretty certain it ain't gonna happen, I've proposed that it be configurable to use one of two modes: classic mode to display everything as it is now, and full mode to display as SC2 Editor. It's a solution that enables the power some yearn for, while not being impeditive for others who don't.

16. Garcis

Garcis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Blizzard i will love you for the rest of my life if in the future you adapt the WoW expansions like new Warcraft campaigns!!!

17. izaiphovias

izaiphovias

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really do hope they increase the current lore fidelity for the whole campaign, not just Stratholme.

It would be really nice to see, for example, custom skins for the high elves and Dalaran units and buildings and a proper looking Silvermoon during Path of the Damned, the same for the buildings during the Curse of the Blood Elves (it kinda feels wrong to use human building models for what is strictly a blood elven campaign, specially now that they are going to be high res).

One thing I think is a must, at least, is to have the last Curse of the Blood Elves mission properly themed after the Black Temple, make the Black Citadel tileset more like Shadowmoon Valley, so we can really feel like laying siege to the Black Temple to overthrow Magtheridon.

Minor additions could include having the Draenei models look more like Broken (Ashtongue) instead of Lost Ones, at least for the campaign when you meet Akama. Have the faceless ones more varied, at least a different model for the castes, similar to how they are in WoW. Please make Pit Lords head on fire, Mannoroth's head was already on fire during the classic Grom cinematic, it should be ingame as well. The Tomb of Sargeras could really use a revamp to look at lot more like what we've seen during WoW Legion. To finalize, make The Frozen Throne really sit atop of a big ice pillar, instead of a tiny hill as it is during the game's very last mission, I know that it looks like just a slope due to the game's terrain height limitations, but it could use it's own custom model sitting at the center of the map as a giant freakin' ice mountain, instead of just a terrain elevation.

But I also think it is important to have an option to simply play the old campaign as it were, that relic can't be completely erased.

18. kike

kike

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about:

-Cooldown reduction modifier on units: Spells cas by this unit have reduced cooldown based on this amount. (%)
    -Ability power: Same idea as the above, but for spell damage and heal values.
    -Option to make INT increase both.
    -Option to make orb effects stack with each other.
    -Option to increase action and item slots.
    -Quickcast like in HotS?

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Those changes except redesigns of Dalaran/Silvermoon) would kill what Warcraft III was, Maghteridon's Black Citidel was ment to be like a Diablo-devil looking place not a fel green place, Akama and Draenei were really old people that had nothing to do with current Draenei-Broken designs, I'll not say anything about Suramar- Tomb of Sargeras they have nothing to do with Wc3's old design WoW ones are just bad ,they can be 'reskins' for campaign mode but for 'remastering' sake of it they must first make original concepts then add those 'WoW lore' stuff if they ever do it and it is best to keep them optional

Note: You see my avatar right? This is how Gul'dan was looking in wc3 it is just remastered by me , as you can see it has nothing to do with current WoW design so probably you want it to be abandoned too

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  20. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    After watching the interview between Grubby and Pete Stillwell I'm sad to see the clans go. These clans have been a part of Warcraft 3 for all these years. The group function in Battle.net doesn't offer the same sense of community. I'm very sad that my clan, that I've been in for 14 years, will be removed(?). Hope Blizzard can look at this..