1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Reforged Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by Archian, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Storm Knight

Storm Knight

Resources:
    Resources:
    time to drop the big mic

heavy breathing....

add naitive map protection tool, not fun to see people steal our maps.

EDIT : i agree with LaxusElite for adding a password system or a PIN as he said.

2. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    One important project is HD character/Text
    I hope to add them

3. Destroyer117

Destroyer117

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feedback Warcraft Reforged - The ability to create much larger maps, as well as the ability to select an unlimited amount of units/buildings, get rid of the 12 Select Cap, Make it unlimited Unit/Building Selection like in Starcraft 2, the Select Cap severely handicaps Army Management in a lot of the custom maps.

Also, could just be me, but I think the new Paladin Model Haircut (Not Uther), as shown in the image on Warcraft Reforged website, looks dumb, and would really like that to be changed, I was more a fan of the Beefier Paladin Model from before, made them look more badass, not as much a fan of the new, more lean and sleek look.

Also, I hope all the old creeps in the World Editor are getting updated as well? Also, when updating the World Editor, please let it keep its base simplicity (Unlike the Starcraft 2 Editor), not that it's actual capability would be any less for it, just that not everyone who wishes to make a good map has to make a grueling effort to learn the editor and all its complexities, basically, keep it like the old World Editor we all know and love, just more powerful, and with more tools and capability.

And also, the new Tauren Chieftain Model's expression looks, askew? Goofy? Comical? Something about it just looks off to me.

I really like the look of most of the new unit models i've seen so far, the ones that stand out to me in particular are the Rifleman, Footman, Knight, Arthas Human, Mal'ganis, Ghoul, Abomination, Necromancer, Peasant, Villagers, Zombies, and Meat Wagon, new unit death corpses look quite nice as well, however, please tone down the oversized shoulder pads. Though many of the new Orc/Human building models do look like they could definitely use some work, I did really like the new Human Altar however.

New Tents/Houses/Villagers/Castle Walls all looked very nice. The Barracks textures looked like they could use some work, but model itself looks quite nice. Many of the textures of the buildings and some of the terrain do look somewhat out of place (Meaning they don't look like (Warcraft') and look like they could definitely use some work.

Better Camera zoom in looks very nice, so glad that's something they've added in. I would also REALLY love a camera feature where you can Rotate it whichever way you want, and keep it that way. (Like maybe holding the middle mouse wheel down and rotating your mouse whichever way you want your camera to be angled, and with a hotkey to reset the camera to its default angle maybe?), i've been wanting that to be a feature since the beginning of Warcraft 3, just really enhances the experience, and on many of the custom maps, to be able to see things from a new angle and really take in the beauty of the game and it's community maps from a new perspective would be awesome.

Please bring back the full Unit Portraits, with the more zoomed in look, also, the faces of the models need more character in their expressions, like in the old Warcraft 3, as is, the Warcraft 3 Reforged portraits feel completely lifeless and without character and barely seem to have any expressions, whereas old unit portraits are full of life and character, and you can really feel the cheesy exaggerated life and voice lines from them.

PLEASE add a 'don't attack' command for units, I hate when I have to order my catapults out of attack range so they don't kill my own units.

World Editor - More Skybox options please. A way to add more inventory slots via World Editor, better terraining tools, more cliff types, Built-in Map Protector Via Pin/Password

(Will keep adding to post as new things occur to me.)

PS - Warcraft 3 is my favorite game of all time and one that I am super passionate about, so huge thanks to Blizzard and the Warcraft 3 Community for keeping this game alive, and bringing about this renewal of a FANTASTIC game.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  4. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    When a unit launches a projectile, the projectile could be an effect type. There could also be an event for the projectile launch as well as a SetSpecialEffectArt native which overrides the previous art without showing an animation.

In fact it would be great to open up the internal API mechanics of projectiles to the user so we can take advantage of native WarCraft 3 engine mechanics (user merely sets a speed and destination; the engine processes the rest).

GetUnitTypeArmorType, Get/SetUnitArmorType, GetEventDamageType, GetEventOriginalDamage, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_TAKES_DAMAGE, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_HEALED.

Get/SetUnitAbilityCharges, GetAbilityOrderId, GetAbilityOrderType (target/none/point), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_COOLDOWN.

Order/AbilityId2String would be awesome for debugging.

Also since Blizzard has taken it on themselves to integrate JassHelper, how about fixing the Init priorities so that GUI global variables initialize before any vJass stuff? It makes it impossible for vJass and GUI to work together without injecting the "main" function or telling vJass systems to wait for map initialization before doing anything...

Basically, every system I have is built because Warcraft 3 can't do it by itself. Dynamic arrays which can be passed as parameters, passing a variable instead of its value - these things are why I created (New)Table.

All the GUI stuff in my sig - events which would be great to add to GUI.

Also, GUI needs better type recognition. It should include all natives, and know it can convert Integer to Ability/Buff and vice versa. TriggerRegisterVariableEvent should be able to accept a dynamic real in the GUI event spectrum as well.

DestroyEvent (and any other type which currently can't be killed).

Allow custom script within GUI conditions/events.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  5. EdwardElric

EdwardElric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Forgot a lot of suggestions, but one major thing which is very important for me, is the feature to have several layers of movement, instead of current one.
    Example:
    A simple bridge where land units can walk above and beneath without the need to try for silly workarrounds with triggers to change movement type of units from land to flying to simulate a walk above a bridge. Thought this might be worth mentioning if underlying engine gets updates...

6. LiSen冯

LiSen冯

Resources:
    Resources:
    First, optimize art related and maximum compatibility with old maps

It's best not to add too much that has not connected to with Reforged

7. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think extending movement speed over 522 would be nice.

8. Clawclock

Clawclock

Resources:
    Resources:
    Though I can understand and respect that, on the other hand it's almost like saying "why can't I switch to Northrend tileset in every map, I prefer it over other tilesets". Just one of many things predefined by mapmaker as parts of the final map design.

9. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So, you want feedback. Here's some. DON'T delete the old warcraft 3 from your store.
    Because you seem to have done just that, I'm going to remind you what happened to Dark Souls: prepare to die edition: They "remastered" it (read: uncapped the fps from 30 and made the controls pc-friendly, as it should have been from the beginning), then deleted the old version from the store and slapped a full price tag on it. Result? Everyone hated them.

Just as a matter of fact, there is currently absolutely no way for a new player to get warcraft 3 (and play it before the remaster is released, which is in like... 1 year?), unless they buy a physical copy (all of which are sold out by now in almost all retail stores around the globe) or buy a key from suspicious individuals that hoard them since before its removal from the store. Neither method is reliable and you're not getting any cash from it are you?
    I know that remasters are your hot shit right now, but not everyone is buying it. And certainly not for full price, a game that's, what, more than 15 years old now?

So here's my feedback: Either do the same as with starcraft 1 and release the old version for free, or put it back in the store, dammit.

10. aoszx2p2drd9

aoszx2p2drd9

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope more that the opposite happen. Maps shouldn't be protected because no one can learn from them or enhance them if the original developer stops developing it.
    As example Wintermaul One have the problem that most of the time the red player doesn't know that he can change the settings. If the map wouldn't be protected someone could edit the map and let the difficulty decide by vote.
    There are many other maps with flaws that would be easy to fix. Blizzard should modify the client in a way that it's impossible to load protected maps so this bullshit would die out.

11. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I agree with this but once you start a new map it should give you an option or button to click if you want ur map protected or not .. it is nice to have some maps that arnt protected for people who have no idea how to do triggers so they can look at them and learn how they are made. But, it should be an easier route to protect something instead of corrupting the file..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2018
  12. LaxusElite

LaxusElite

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can pretty much do anything right now in the world editor and I never once looked into another map, I took my time checked the triggers one by one to see how they worked with some tutorials from the community here and there. It's called how bad you want to learn, if you want to open a complex MUI/Jass/vJass trigger with 0 knowledge on world editor, sorry but you won't learn anything.

EDIT: If the developer wants his map continued by another person he can simply hand it to them.

13. sarumanthecursed

sarumanthecursed

Resources:
    Resources:
    so we have to re buy warcraft 3 all over again just for a pointless visual "upgrade" that countless mods have already accomplished for free?

14. LaxusElite

LaxusElite

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you took this 1 minute to write this non-sense and instead read the wc3 reforged confirmed changes and rumours you'd be 1 IQ smarter :).

15. sarumanthecursed

sarumanthecursed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey ass-wipe, still not worth re-buying the game all over again when I already bought the full priced original. :).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  16. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Will the updated engine mean that memory leaks will be a thing of the past?

17. Freddyk

Freddyk

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I find the new graphics really bad, it's obvious they just replaced models and textures and kept the exact same maps, and the result is not consistent at all !
    The new models are too detailed compared to everything else, they look out of place.

I would have preferred a free patch that upgrades only the engine : performance, shaders, dynamic lights, water...

18. Tommi Gustafsson

Tommi Gustafsson

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  19. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    • Give us the ability
      to rotate the minimap in 90 180 360 0 degrees
    • Give us triggers for local objects and fix desync with it. Te goal is to be able to make objects visible only for chosen players like "phasing" in worl of warcraft
    • some players also said: protection of map with PASSWORD. Let this work also for MPQ/archives
    • THE EDITOR: solve the problem with nested windows in triggers module.
    • JASS EDITOR: Brace matching, autocomplete, word prediction, highlighting, line numbering.
    • Support for multiple world editor instances
    • Maybe add paths which allow us to send a unit (or camera)to follow a sequence of goto commands. Similar to patrol but mroe then two points.
    • trigger to disable any button and more specifically scroll if we dont want teh camera to close up
    • ability to change a unit's classification, attacks -enable/disable first/second/both, change targeting type, change movement type DURING GAMPLAY, WITH TRIGGERS. trigger to remove attack, movement.
    • Create custom UI with triggers, images too why not. Hide/Unhide whole UI or parts of it. Move UI elements on the screen, change size/shrink/Expand. etc
    • Able to create new SKY easily? Custom lightning effects easily?
    • ability - drag/push - without the need to move a unit every 0.01s to a different position with triggers.
    • edit or reset the cooldown of aparticular ability on a unit
    • support for cyrilic and othe unicode alphabets

20. Blackcat

Blackcat

Resources:
    Resources:
    You don't have to buy it, that's the great thing. You can keep playing the classic version and still play with people that have reforged. So no problems there.

And 're-buy'.. man we've been playing a great game for 16 years. For like what, a maximum of 80 dollars? Lol. Compare that to current-gen games.