• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III Reforged - Community Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I really do hope they increase the current lore fidelity for the whole campaign, not just Stratholme.

It would be really nice to see, for example, custom skins for the high elves and Dalaran units and buildings and a proper looking Silvermoon during Path of the Damned, the same for the buildings during the Curse of the Blood Elves (it kinda feels wrong to use human building models for what is strictly a blood elven campaign, specially now that they are going to be high res).

One thing I think is a must, at least, is to have the last Curse of the Blood Elves mission properly themed after the Black Temple, make the Black Citadel tileset more like Shadowmoon Valley, so we can really feel like laying siege to the Black Temple to overthrow Magtheridon.

Minor additions could include having the Draenei models look more like Broken (Ashtongue) instead of Lost Ones, at least for the campaign when you meet Akama. Have the faceless ones more varied, at least a different model for the castes, similar to how they are in WoW. Please make Pit Lords head on fire, Mannoroth's head was already on fire during the classic Grom cinematic, it should be ingame as well. The Tomb of Sargeras could really use a revamp to look at lot more like what we've seen during WoW Legion.
I hope they don't do that. I agree with YourArthas, this wouldn't feel like Warcraft III anymore if they change too much stuff. Adding some WoW lore/design scarcely, why not, if it remains reasonable and without retcon. But if it is overdone like you are suggesting, it would feel like a new game. Keep in mind that some people don't like WoW, or just dislike WoW lore. Those who like WoW already have the opportunity to play WoW and enjoy its lore, landscapes, cities, etc. Don't take away Warcraft III from the fans.

After watching the interview between Grubby and Pete Stillwell I'm sad to see the clans go. These clans have been a part of Warcraft 3 for all these years. The group function in Battle.net doesn't offer the same sense of community. I'm very sad that my clan, that I've been in for 14 years, will be removed(?). Hope Blizzard can look at this..
Take a look at the Blizzcon panel: Grubby asked about clans and other battle.net functionalities, and the devs replied it wouldn't be easy, but they are going to try, even if they can't make any promise.

Level 6
I hope they don't do that. I agree with YourArthas, this wouldn't feel like Warcraft III anymore if they change too much stuff. Adding some WoW lore/design scarcely, why not, if it remains reasonable and without retcon. But if it is overdone like you are suggesting, it would feel like a new game. Keep in mind that some people don't like WoW, or just dislike WoW lore. Those who like WoW already have the opportunity to play WoW and enjoy its lore, landscapes, cities, etc. Don't take away Warcraft III from the fans.

Take a look at the Blizzcon panel: Grubby asked about clans and other battle.net functionalities, and the devs replied it wouldn't be easy, but they are going to try, even if they can't make any promise.

Yeah, but in the interview he talks about adding functionality to the Group function on Battle.net. At least, that's what I got from it.

So I'll be losing my 14 year old clan. Which wouldn't be the great tragedy in the world, if we would get a worthy successor. Still need more information on that to see if that's the case.

Sidenote: We have all the WoW ripped for Warcraft III already, at warcraftunderground website (I'm the global moderator there so I don't hate WoW but it is not Wc3 remake if they just retroport WoW to Wc3 engine like we did)

Those changes except redesigns of Dalaran/Silvermoon) would kill what Warcraft III was, Maghteridon's Black Citidel was ment to be like a Diablo-devil looking place not a fel green place, Akama and Draenei were really old people that had nothing to do with current Draenei-Broken designs, I'll not say anything about Suramar- Tomb of Sargeras they have nothing to do with Wc3's old design WoW ones are just bad ,they can be 'reskins' for campaign mode but for 'remastering' sake of it they must first make original concepts then add those 'WoW lore' stuff if they ever do it and it is best to keep them optional

Note: You see my avatar right? This is how Gul'dan was looking in wc3 it is just remastered by me , as you can see it has nothing to do with current WoW design so probably you want it to be abandoned too

Well, at least you agree with me in regards of Silvermoon and Dalaran, those are very much needed, but what I meant for the Black Citadel is not to carbon copy WoW, you can create something that resembles the Black Temple as it is supposed to be in lore and also keep the greedy and devilish tone of the whole thing, it doesn't need to be all green and fel, actually if you go there right now in WoW BC the whole place isn't that green at all, it still has a very creepy and dark atmosphere (despite the outdated graphics).

Note: I am not asking things to be designed like WoW. Despite actively playing it nowadays, I think that WoW is way too cartoony and I really praise the devs for making Reforged more realistic looking (heck, it is even less cartoony than the original WC 3 design and that's a great plus for me), all I said is that they keep that idea they had with Stratholme throughout the whole campaign, that is to better fit the map and assets with the current lore, not necessarily WoW visual design.

Level 15
Also, I did read somewhere that there would be male/female versions of each hero. It should go without saying, but the Priestess of the Moon should only have a female version. There were no male Priests of the Moon until after the events of Warcraft 3. That lore should remain as it is, rather than get retconned.

Level 5
Yep and the new WoW footman looks like shit because the shoulder pads block his sight. What sane army would make it impossible for a soldier to look to his right or left side? rofl man cmon. I dont care how WoW did it, that's just ridiculous. Also what's weird is that the new paladin hammer actually looks bigger than the old one. How can you go for realism and then make the hammer impossibly big. No way a normal human being can wield that with a single arm and just carry it around while running etc.
The old model held the hammer at the top part because that's how you would hold a heavy hammer like that. No way you can keep a heavy hammer of such a size upright when you hold it at the end of the stick.

Another thing dude, beyond the sizes of the armors and weapons, is the designs itself.

majorly, the armor and weapons in WoW looks as if it were designed by a child. Seriously, majority of the weapon designs of WoW such as swords, axes, hammers, bow, guns etc. look more of like a child's toys rather than dangerously looking deadly weapons.

EXAMPLES:

Illidan's warglaives is a perfect example for weapons. The blades in Illidan's warglaives in WC3 looks like as if its a sharp deadly elvish silver steel blades that can cut you in half in an instant, (like the mystic blades of the elves in the LOTR/Hobbit movies)
meanwhile the design of Illidan's warglaives in WoW, looks like a cheap-ass looking version of a green double-edged lightsaber.

I know Illidan's/DH's warglaives in WC3 have panda faces in them (as JUST an easter egg joke), but even then, the WC3 warglaive designs, despite the panda face joke easter eggs looks more of as deadly weapons rather than the WoW Illidan's warglaives that looks like a child's toy sword.

Arthas' armor is a perfect example for armors as his armor designs is getting also a lot of hate in the internet. I am not surprised.
Seriously, they are making Arthas' armor look like Varian's WoW armor, which sooooooooooo ridiculous looking in all these years.

Seriously, look at Varian in WoW. He looks like a freaking blue-boy Megaman with a weird glowing sword. Dont get me wrong, I do love Megaman in terms other games beyond Blizzard. But it just looks ridiculous having an armor worn to be as a reflection of a sci-fi blue boy Megaman in a medieval fantasy story game.

King Llane's lion helmet in the movie two years ago is also another goofy looking thing, first time i saw the helmet, it instantly reminded me of a Lion Hat mascot thing you can get in carnivals or something, like the one Luna Lovegood in the HP movies worn. lol

Level 5
Arthas Menethil looks like Anduin Wrynn. That's how the culling of Stratholme demo feels weird!
300px-Arthas.jpg

this is arthas.

Level 5
In HotS there is this skin for Illidan based on his W3 model:
Illidan_Betrayer.jpg
So for Reforged maybe Blizzard will stick with the original design instead of the one from WoW.

Based on that model, Im pretty sure Illidan is wearing something for his wrists and hands, as well as his feet prior to becoming hooves after Skull of Gul'dan in WC3.

Surely, Illidan didnt have horns as a pure night elf demon hunter, before claiming SoG and becoming night elf-demon hybrid of course.

And Im not sure about Illidan's receding Vegeta-like hairline here.

''Though I'm pretty certain it ain't gonna happen, I've proposed that it be configurable to use one of two modes: classic mode to display everything as it is now, and full mode to display as SC2 Editor. It's a solution that enables the power some yearn for, while not being impeditive for others who don't.''

oh wow, I really like that idea, yes, that. we need it. there is just too much in the starcraft2 editor can do to leave behind, it really is, a god like program once you figure it out, it took me 6 years to ''figure it out'' which may seem ridiculous, I know - I know, but now it feels smooth as water to me. except in trigger editing. but you almost don't need triggers, the sc2 editor is so strong. and having knowledge of the world editor, didn't necessarily hinder my learning of the galaxy editor. I like them both, just, the galaxy editor a bit more. its a bit more fun and rewarding, even if the arcade is cancer to get right. (ps mur'loc island survival 2 officially being released chrismas on the sc2 arcade -- public beta tests for all who wish to join me)

I too, also had an idea, what if, for tournaments and skirmishes/bnet stuff, its the traditional 5 race choices (Including random), but perhaps, if blizzard has time, they could create more of their own ''campaign race data'' with greater detail for custom games, like the co-op commanders on starcraft2, normal battle net matches as undead will always be among my all time favorite past times, but what if, they made their own, more up to date 'secondary races' like say, high elves?

when you look at high elves, as supposed to blood elves or night elves or even the naga for example -- ''high'' elves where very neglected. this could be their chance to do something about it.

take another race for example, the draenai, and no im not talking about the blue goat people im talking about the hideously mutated skulking hooded critters who made my skin crawl the first time I saw them, and still sort of do to this day, (eehughghghegehgellelhlah) they get like what 3 buildings?

blizzard needs to make this ''reforged'' warcraft feel new and exciting (worth money) without killing them selves from blood loss by shooting them selves in the foot, getting something as silly as a ''footman'' wrong, thats mean people, I thought we loved blizzard? don't be mean. haha. just kidding. seriously though, give them a chance. im sure they are going to whip something special out.

I hope they don't change the file formats too much, they don't need things like lighting and shaders and material exploits like glazes and glows and crap. the less they change the file TYPE the better. - and if they do change the file type, then they will break a lot of models and that would be very sad. and I hope they invent a tool to fix it easily for us.

I hope they don't remove any spells, they should have to keep all the original meta data and only ever add to it. perhaps make them more change-friendly.

I hope they work harder on some races, especially for the campaign, and I hope they can all be available as choices in one map, and have their own different unique user interfaces, im looking forwards to seeing their work on the red chaos orcs/demons for example, and Naga/mur'locs of course. and the dwarfs...dwarves are like what 6 units?.

oh, and I hope, they do something, with goblins. because thats another hideously neglected race. skirmishes can stay the same, but custom blizzard campaigns could get pretty crazy. and custom match games could be pretty fun if the custom races are made available by blizzard.

but I only speak for my self. oh, and yea, the new reforged footmans shield could be bigger, but the rest looked fine. it seemed a bit thin/tall compared to the normal footmans unit shape profile, so maybe they will make him shorter and more stout who knows. I like the buildings, and I liked that orc grunt. and the necromancer. I really liked the 3-dimensional dynamic grass, that was nuts. actually I liked most of everything in that video except ghouls. I didn't like those ghouls that much, then again maybe they are still being worked on. I was glad to hear the nostalgic sounds, especially the death sounds, they sound better now some how, but the ghouls them selves had the wrong colors visually, their faces where too dark. I know its basically the world of warcraft ghoul, but I never liked that world of warcraft ghoul much to begin with either, I'd rather see some diablo-3 (what the hell were they called? Soul Rippers?) concept art style here in this one instance instead of wow concept art... just my opinion.

edit 1: oh, and multiplayer campaigns

Last edited:
Level 5
5) Demon models

This may be a small thing, but for the sake detail in appearances, I hope they retain the TAILS ON DEMONS in WC3:Reforged.

Demons such as Dreadlords, Pit Lords, Doom Guards, Hellhounds, Eredar Warlocks (such as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden themselves), etc; majority of the demons in WC3 have tails, making them as what a real scary demon monsters should be.

In a much better graphics, the demon designs of WC3 (especially the doom guards) would mostly even beat the design of the BALROG in the LOTR: fellowship movie, and probably even fit into a supernatural horror movie.

In terms of a general appearance of demons, it would be better if they retain the tails on demons as it would look more closely as to what the devil himself would look like. Just pure scary looking, evil, and powerful creatures from the underworld.

Level 19
5) Demon models

This may be a small thing, but for the sake detail in appearances, I hope they retain the TAILS ON DEMONS in WC3:Reforged.

Demons such as Dreadlords, Pit Lords, Doom Guards, Hellhounds, Eredar Warlocks (such as Archimonde and Kil'jaeden themselves), etc; majority of the demons in WC3 have tails, making them as what a real scary demon monsters should be.

In a much better graphics, the demon designs of WC3 (especially the doom guards) would mostly even beat the design of the BALROG in the LOTR: fellowship movie, and probably even fit into a supernatural horror movie.

In terms of a general appearance of demons, it would be better if they retain the tails on demons as it would look more closely as to what the devil himself would look like. Just pure scary looking, evil, and powerful creatures from the underworld.

I imagine it will be the same as WoW, so doom guards will lose their tails but the rest will keep them.

Level 5
I imagine it will be the same as WoW, so doom guards will lose their tails but the rest will keep them.

If the demons will be highly resembled to WoW demons, it will be quite disappointing.

In terms of model appearances, WoW demons couldn't even scare a 7 yr old child.

I know Warcraft isn't a horror game genre, but the concept of demons itself are unholy, twisted, and powerful beings of hell. Naturally speaking, demons are suppose to look scary and monstrous.

As for WoW demons? meh... WoW developers even ridiculously made the demons in WoW: Legion more as like sci-fi space alien invaders with spaceships and all, rather than as naturally dark mythical evil creatures of the underworld as it what is in Warcraft 1, 2, 3.

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
Nathrezim are a good example of how they will differ from WoW designs. They will be inspired by WoW, but the design will be its own thing. Just look at infernals too, they arent space rock designed like in Legion.

Undead units are a good gauge of how much WoW they are taking inspiration from and how much they are deviating and making look scarier.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Also, I did read somewhere that there would be male/female versions of each hero. It should go without saying, but the Priestess of the Moon should only have a female version. There were no male Priests of the Moon until after the events of Warcraft 3. That lore should remain as it is, rather than get retconned.
It's just a skin/model. DOn't take that seriously.
In HotS there is this skin for Illidan based on his W3 model:
Awesome!
That’s your opinion.
This isn't about someone's opinion. It's about being as close to the game as possible. Look at the picture, see how Arthas' character shows unlike on the nancy Reforged model.

Level 10
Here's the things what I like they can change. I'm trying to make wc3 real, not modern.

In the editor
1- Add section above Gold Bounty Awarded called "Experience Bounty Awarded", because it's easier than the trigger we use for each of them.
b.jpg
2- Add section under Unit Sound Set called "Unit Sound Birth" and "Unit Sound Death".
d.jpg
3- Add section under Export All Files... called "Delete All Files" on the Import Manager, so we can remove all the files at once, it's better than delete one by one.
h.jpg
4- Add Data of "Strength-Agility-Intelligence" to Upgrades.
j.jpg
5- Add protection of the map on the menus.
i.jpg
6- Add section under Use Imported File called "Use Upload Screen" so we can upload some screen of our pc then that tools make it to 4 part with hd thing.
k.jpg
7- Add one "Dummy things" to every section like dummy unit, dummy hero, dummy building, dummy item, dummy doodad, dummy ability, dummy buff, dummy upgrade, So everything is default as none or 0.
8- Make jass read easier like jass newgen tool.

Units
- Add Death Arthas without horse.
Doodads
- Add statues of each hero.
- Add human spirits.
- Add the horse chariot.
- Add rail route.
- Add raven.
- Add eagle.
- Add roseflower.
- Add something for halloween like "Scarecrow" and "Pumpkin".
- Add something for christmas like "Santa clause".
- Add something for new year or celebrate like "Fire Ball".
Abilities
- Add radar.
Weather Effect
- Add Rainbow.

In the game
1- Add section under Always show Health Bar called "Always show Mana Bar".
f.jpg
2- Add to every section of options called "Restore Defaults".
g.jpg
3- Edit the quest section, because the messages are in the middle.
a.jpg
4- Edit Allies section that you can type amount of gold or lumber to transfer, it's better than clicking .
5- Add whispers to chat section.

Tools for wc3
1-Add warkey tools for warcraft, as we like to use standard and original things.

Part 2

In the editor
1- Edit Gold Income Rate from gameinterface section, Because we cannot remove 100% from upkeep.
n.jpg
2- Add section called"Translation" for Triggers & Scripts. For Example if someone buy wc3 of russian language, and write a trigger with that language, So that they can translate with that section in English.
3-Add section on trigger editor above Destructible called "Doodads" so we can create, kill, remove, destroy it.
s.jpg
4-Add background color to world editor so we can change the background color to White or Matt Black.
At night, my eyes get annoyed of white background.

Units
- Edit (Unit Value - Hero Abilitie List) allow Hero to have 7 abilities.
p.jpg
- Add Archer with this bow.
yjck.png
- Add Tower Catapult.
%D0%93%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BE%D0%BD.jpg
- Add spear man for human.
- Add church man (Priest).
- Add chicken farm.
- Add sheep farm.
- Add cow with cow farm.
- Add elephant.
- Add simple horse
- Add wolf.
- Add hell hound.
- Add bee.
Doodads
- Add bell
Abilities
- Add some ability make Knight, Death Arthas, Mirana, Thrall and..., so they can get down of animals.

In the game
1- Edit food section, Because food means the unit eat something, So we can build a farm and collect food.)(already have Chicken, Sheep in units section.)
2- Add section called "the population".
l.jpg

something like this icon
m.png

Last edited:
Level 6
Another suggestion for Blizzard, to help the modding community transition earlier:
- Enable the model editor before releasing the game, so map makers can create HD models and implement them at launch.

Level 1
Another thing dude, beyond the sizes of the armors and weapons, is the designs itself.

majorly, the armor and weapons in WoW looks as if it were designed by a child. Seriously, majority of the weapon designs of WoW such as swords, axes, hammers, bow, guns etc. look more of like a child's toys rather than dangerously looking deadly weapons.

EXAMPLES:

Illidan's warglaives is a perfect example for weapons. The blades in Illidan's warglaives in WC3 looks like as if its a sharp deadly elvish silver steel blades that can cut you in half in an instant, (like the mystic blades of the elves in the LOTR/Hobbit movies)
meanwhile the design of Illidan's warglaives in WoW, looks like a cheap-ass looking version of a green double-edged lightsaber.

I know Illidan's/DH's warglaives in WC3 have panda faces in them (as JUST an easter egg joke), but even then, the WC3 warglaive designs, despite the panda face joke easter eggs looks more of as deadly weapons rather than the WoW Illidan's warglaives that looks like a child's toy sword.

Arthas' armor is a perfect example for armors as his armor designs is getting also a lot of hate in the internet. I am not surprised.
Seriously, they are making Arthas' armor look like Varian's WoW armor, which sooooooooooo ridiculous looking in all these years.

Seriously, look at Varian in WoW. He looks like a freaking blue-boy Megaman with a weird glowing sword. Dont get me wrong, I do love Megaman in terms other games beyond Blizzard. But it just looks ridiculous having an armor worn to be as a reflection of a sci-fi blue boy Megaman in a medieval fantasy story game.

King Llane's lion helmet in the movie two years ago is also another goofy looking thing, first time i saw the helmet, it instantly reminded me of a Lion Hat mascot thing you can get in carnivals or something, like the one Luna Lovegood in the HP movies worn. lol

Yep, all true. I disliked it in the warcraft movie, I dislike it in WoW and I will dislike it in Wc3:Reforged if they dont change it. It's simply ridiculous.
The orcs look amazing in the warcraft movie, why couldnt they do the same with the humans? Precisely because back in WoW they made a horrible design choice away from Wc3. Now we have to live with it forever? Hell no, I refuse.
Humans should look like the tired old fighters who were conscripted into the army, fighting with armor that was pressed into their hands and then they were told to fight and die, make it count. They are not cannon fodder but they are treated that way due to the war. Knights should look like proven soldiers, arrogant yes but like generals who know how to fight and know that too through seniority and experience. Instead the current knight's face looks like an arrogant noble who was born into his position. You think Uther rode into battle with a bunch of appointed nobles too arrogant to follow orders? C'mon.

Here is my suggestion: Make the footman armor look a bit dented even, possibly used. Just a tiny bit. Still polished but it should look like it was worn by somebody else before him. Remove all the gold and decorations except for the banner of the king and maybe on some kind of bag he carries. You could add a picture of his family or wife on the bag or maybe inside his shield, who cares. Obviously remove the shoulder addons completely, what a joke. I dont care if this is offensive to artists, remove it from WoW and the next movie too. Look at Arthas, he cant see over his own shoulders: https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Culling_Cutscene03-900x507.png
Yeah I bet he loves his armor when he has to fight orcs. Absolutely not, he is gonna die because he cant see anything.
Right now the graphics style is like Starcraft 2. I will play it, it looks fine but I will drop it after 2-3 weeks.

Level 12
Yep, all true. I disliked it in the warcraft movie, I dislike it in WoW and I will dislike it in Wc3:Reforged if they dont change it. It's simply ridiculous.
The orcs look amazing in the warcraft movie, why couldnt they do the same with the humans? Precisely because back in WoW they made a horrible design choice away from Wc3. Now we have to live with it forever? Hell no, I refuse.
Humans should look like the tired old fighters who were conscripted into the army, fighting with armor that was pressed into their hands and then they were told to fight and die, make it count. They are not cannon fodder but they are treated that way due to the war. Knights should look like proven soldiers, arrogant yes but like generals who know how to fight and know that too through seniority and experience. Instead the current knight's face looks like an arrogant noble who was born into his position. You think Uther rode into battle with a bunch of appointed nobles too arrogant to follow orders? C'mon.

Here is my suggestion: Make the footman armor look a bit dented even, possibly used. Just a tiny bit. Still polished but it should look like it was worn by somebody else before him. Remove all the gold and decorations except for the banner of the king and maybe on some kind of bag he carries. You could add a picture of his family or wife on the bag or maybe inside his shield, who cares. Obviously remove the shoulder addons completely, what a joke. I dont care if this is offensive to artists, remove it from WoW and the next movie too. Look at Arthas, he cant see over his own shoulders: https://www.pcgamesn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Culling_Cutscene03-900x507.png
Yeah I bet he loves his armor when he has to fight orcs. Absolutely not, he is gonna die because he cant see anything.
Right now the graphics style is like Starcraft 2. I will play it, it looks fine but I will drop it after 2-3 weeks.
Look at his neck. Giraffe.
Remove right shoulderplate. Leave only the bottom one.
Make left shoulderplate and hammer smaller.
A bit bigger head. His hands are bigger than head.

Also do something with the neck and hairs and model with be perfect.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The orcs look amazing in the warcraft movie
No they don't. They're all giants on steroids. They are even almost bigger than horses and they were scared of horses the first time they saw them (Orcs and Humans manual). Orcs were never huge until some WoW and especially the Warcraft movie.
Humans should look like the tired old fighters who were conscripted into the army
Why? Footmen are new recruits, usually.

Level 6
Look at his neck. Giraffe.
Remove right shoulderplate. Leave only the bottom one.
Make left shoulderplate and hammer smaller.
A bit bigger head. His hands are bigger than head.

Also do something with the neck and hairs and model with be perfect.

Agree. The shoulder pads are a problem, as they are on the footman. On the footman they make the unit less recognizable. And it doesn't make any sense either, the units won't have any peripheral vision.

Level 11
No they don't. They're all giants on steroids. They are even almost bigger than horses and they were scared of horses the first time they saw them (Orcs and Humans manual). Orcs were never huge until some WoW and especially the Warcraft movie.
This. And in Warcraft 2, according to artwork and game sprites, Orcs were pretty much the same size as humans!
I like the idea of Orcs being slightly larger than humans, though. In Warcraft III and early WoW (in-game characters like here, early artwork like here and early cinematics, like here), orcs size was slighlty too much inmho, but it was fine.
But for some reason, at some point in WoW , orcs suddenly became bulky oversized hulks on steroids. That's obvious in the movie, in the MoP trailer (which is the main inspiration for Reforged artsyle, sadly) and in Reforged. I suppose some people like it, but I'm not one of them, and I am glad I am not the only one.

I think it is very unfortunate that MoP trailer is used as a base for Reforged style. One of the Blizzard artists during Blizzcon panel said they didn't want to make the game too cartoony, because some other games have cartoony style. Their early Reforged artwork looked like this, and it is indeed too cartoony, so they changed it to match MoP trailer and the movie. But it's not a good choice, orcs don't look anything like they did in Warcraft 1, Warcraft II, Warcraft III and early WoW (so basically almost all Warcraft franchise games). I'm just wondering why they didn't keep the original Warcraft III style, which is cartoony but not too much?

Level 2
I think it is very unfortunate that MoP trailer is used as a base for Reforged style. One of the Blizzard artists during Blizzcon panel said they didn't want to make the game too cartoony, because some other games have cartoony style. Their early Reforged artwork looked like this, and it is indeed too cartoony, so they changed it to match MoP trailer and the movie. But it's not a good choice, orcs don't look anything like they did in Warcraft 1, Warcraft II, Warcraft III and early WoW (so basically almost all Warcraft franchise games). I'm just wondering why they didn't keep the original Warcraft III style, which is cartoony but not too much?

That is really weird because Reforged doesnt even look like the MoP style. So in my opinion they combined the worst of both worlds, hyper realism with toylike gamer armor from WoW.
If they want to go with MoP style then go ahead but there arent going to be any goddamn giant shoulder pads in that world. So make up your mind. And you cannot expect me to believe that the Reforged Ghoul that they created that looks exactly like the plush toy from a toystore in WoW would appear in the MoP trailer. It would have to look scary and rotting, for real.
So my summary: If the designers want to go with a completely new look like Mists of Pandara trailer then go ahead, but do it 100%. Don't bullshit us and tell us about how you are "still true" to the original wc3 feel when it's clearly not the case. You are true to YOUR personal imagination of what you feel Warcraft is, Mister Head designer. That's fine, but dont bullshit me.

Here is where he says it btw with timestamp: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCuBrFdQOks&t=324

Last edited:
Level 6
I think we need a feedback topic about Battle.net/UI/matchmaking/microtransactions. I'd hate it if they remove the feeling of the old Battle.net. It has been the perfect ICQ channel for me. The StarCraft 2 chatrooms never gave that to me.

And they need to nail the matchmaking, automated tournaments and UI. Hope they don't look too much at SC2..

Level 5
6) NIGHT ELF HERO MODELS

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon:

In contrast to what the original model of the PotM looks like in WC3, I dearly hope they improve her model unit far better (her model, NOT the tiger).
The portrait of the PotM SHOULD BE THE FACE OF THE NIGHT ELF WOMAN, and NOT THE TIGER.

Tyrande/Priestess of the Moon is the one riding the tiger, right? and not the tiger itself.

Archmage and Far Seer are also both mounted heroes in WC3, but the emphasis are on the human mage and the orc shaman themselves, and not the horse and wolf... Why was it not done the same to the Night Elf Priestess in WC3?

I hope the TYRANDE / WOMAN NIGHT ELF PRIESTESS OF THE MOON gets done beautifully in WC3: Reforged.

Maiev/Warden:

I hope they retain the original model appearances of WC3 Maiev/Warden in REFORGED.

I dont really have much to say, but I really the original model of Warden in WC3 since you can see their mouths actually talking, with their helmet only reaching down to the nose,
and not like super duper overprotective Warden helmet armor in WoW that you cant even see her mouth talking (or even breathing properly at least), and it also makes her appear even more heavily armored than a footman.

Level 9
Art and models:
-weapons looking awful, make them bigger on footman/grunt and less looking like plastic
-shoulder plates should be smaller
World Editor suggestions:
-unit model variations would be nice, like grunt with beard and grunt without beard (something like doodads but units)
-custom unit sound sets
-better buff system, like inner fire regen would be bound to buff, not the spell.

Level 20
I'd like there to be a built-in damage detection system in the WE - I mean an event that fires in response to any unit taking damage and functions that allow you to easily refer to Damaged Unit, Damaging Unit, Damage Type, Damage Amount and so on. I know that @Bribe and others have done some really amazing work to provide said functionality, but I think that it would be really helpful, especially for novice modders that might try the updated World Editor, to have it available in GUI.

Other things like an event that responds to a unit being healed, loaded/unloaded from transport, reincarnated/resurrected/raised or transforming into another unit would also be welcome.

---

I'm in no way shape or form trying to invalidate the incredible work done by other users, I just think that having things like these easily accessible through GUI without having to import elaborate systems would be really, really helpful.

---

Other stuff:

- Continue adding ways to get and change Object Editor data for stuff that doesn't have it yet - I haven't checked in a while, so these might be totally off, but I think things like ability mana cost, unit health and mana regeneration, etc. would really be nice to have :)

- I think that all leak removal actions should be available in GUI.
- A built-in leak checker would also be very nice.

Last edited:
Level 1
Given that the best way to contribute to the longevity of the game and player retention will yet again be user created content I would suggest to Blizzard to just remove as many of the limits that beset creators now. Any other improvements be they in campaign or visual style would have a shorter lasting impact on the player-base. Those considerations motivate the following list, a shorter version of which I posted in the other thread as well.

Hope list:
- skybox improvements(sky weather(clouds etc), Sun, Moon, stars, visual improvements to more realisticly portay the map horizon/edge)
- normal(gradual) night day cycle(with possibility for light level adjustment(sunny to pitch black))
- origin point of objects not making them disappear when point is outside camera
- make mutiple level terraining easier(I have a map with a tall mage tower I wish I could look out the windows of and see the map below, ah dreams dreams...)
- garbage collection, improved memory management
- dynamic water surface as in Frozen Throne menu screen

In other words, the more you enable us, the more we will prolong the life of the game. By giving us enough freedom, your inevitably controversial choices will not have a negative impact since we can create content to everyone`s taste.

Yes Blizzard, all this ^^

Level 19
I'd love a way to have more than 6 inventory slots. Obviously not baseline because that would impact multiplayer balance too much I guess, but some way to modify it via triggers would be super cool and save a lot of painful inventory system coding. Judging by the videos, I guess 3 more slots could fit without taking too much screen space.

Also, I hope they'll fix the bug that cuts buff descriptions when you add a comma in the text.

Level 3
One important project is HD character/Text

I hope to add them.

1. I hope to add HD Character/Text;
2. TextTag can use HD Text and Art(pic or model),like ''Crit'' ''Gold'' for Heroes.
3. The characteristics of HP/MP Bar,like Heroes.

Last edited:
  • Add text editor in text fields for coloring, new line in object Editor.
  • more tiles in the terrain palette
  • lighting palette
  • lightning palette
  • able to create floating terrain, multiple terrain levels and delete terrain
  • able to increase/decrease water level with triggers!
  • detect type of damage taken - physical, spell.
  • spell schools! holy/chaos/shadow/frost/fire/arcane/nature for every spell in the object editor and triggers to check the damage type.
  • incldue systems - multi-page shop system, easy recipe system, fade system, panel system,item stack system acceleratio nsystem,
  • sliding for units instead of moving them to an incremented osition every 0.01s.
  • detect mouse position(conditions) with triggers and movement(events)
  • garbage collection
  • moveable multiboard
  • able to disable/enable cheat codes in single player with a single trigger
  • improved line of sight and optional line of sight system.
  • attachment system - let object attach to attachment points of units and move with them.
  • no need for dummies to cast abilities - just cast them with a trigger.
  • ability - wander, with controls disabled. (Fear)

Last edited:
Level 5
This could be useful, in game editor.

- Management and creation of new terrains, cliffs, elevations of the terrain or elimination of this, etc., in-game as in SC2.
- New race manageable in the game interface, or an option to add races edited by the user on a map. To be selectable by a player in the game interface.
- Spectator mode of "in-game" games for users who are not part of it, and can enter a live game and watch its outcome.
- New forms of building creation to be created in a specific area or land, for example the Pylon area of SC that allows the construction of a building.
- Management of multiplayer campaigns.
- Handling models by detonators, related to X, Y, Z: Enlarge, flatten, or stretch. All this in-game. (An option they could take into account)
- Being able to have several inventories at the same time in the game interface.
- Have several tabs for the creation of buildings as SC, this would also include the book of spells, which have the defect of coupling in only one, and the learning of abilities of the hero, in the same way to have several of these. (These options could simply be implemented in the game's manageable interface).

Greetings...

Last edited:
Level 11
That is really weird because Reforged doesnt even look like the MoP style.
You think so? When I mentioned MoP, it was about the trailer only (and some people already complained about that new artistic choice back then). I don't know much about the rest of MoP, since I've never played it, but I think Reforged models are not so different from the human and the orc in MoP trailer: bulky look, very big chest, huge hands, tiny heads. And not just the orc: the human too has an enormous chest, trunk-sized arms, big hands and a rather small head (though not as exaggerated as the orc, but still). Just like Arthas and grunts in Reforged.
MoP:
MoPhuman.pngMoPorc.png
Reforged:
ReforgedArthas.png ReforgedGrunt.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.