1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Take part in forum poll and decide the winner of Icon Contest #16!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III - Patch 1.27b

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Dec 13, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ungoliath

Ungoliath

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    128 mb?! WHAT

2. Aniki

Aniki

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I tried to diff the common.j, common-ai.j and blizzard.j files from War3Patch.mpq (after patching) with the old version of these and there don't appear to be any changes, so no new "events and actions" I guess.

3. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    gui?

4. Pvt.Toma

Pvt.Toma

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Erm, any news about the maximum filesize for LAN?

5. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Finally, Some attention from hive!, Can't wait to test this shit out <3

6. Aniki

Aniki

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If by gui you mean changes to triggerstrings.txt and triggerdata.txt then no (maybe someone should try to diff as well for confirmation).

7. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    I though they could add more gui-supported natives, idk what that ever mean then

8. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I am guessing its 128 MB, seeing how both LAN and online have always shared the same limit.

As great as 128 MBs is for a limit, I would like to remind people that it is not an excuse to bloat your maps unnecessarily with custom content. It might only take someone like myself ~10 seconds to download such a map (>10 MB/sec), but for a lot of people in the world it could take minutes, possibly even hours. Such maps will also take a long time to upload, for example on a MMH robot it would take roughly 10 minutes per client, at best.

9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    > 2k16(7)
    > bitching 'bout bandwidth
    ffs please

10. bhusta

bhusta

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Reading this news makes me happy.

11. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great patch but I hope custom .exe files do still work.

12. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Make Multiplayer great again

13. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    didnt read that at first. so, when big patch is awaited? like, it's been a year already. promises, promises, nothing more, nothing less.

14. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They never promised any ETA, didn't they?
    And honestly, I'd rather have a big patch some day rather than never. I am happy with what I am getting, cause considering how old WC3 is - it could've been nothing.

15. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    players leave wc3 every day, game didnt receive new blood for a few years, yet u guys are ok with that, ok with waiting even longer for nothing . fuck this life.

16. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes. Maybe the save times on 128MB maps can get agonizing, especially if you just wanted to check for syntax errors. Great pre-emptive thinking on their part!

17. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But that's the thing: we will receive new blood. This patch itself, no matter how small it is, is something I thought I would never get and is apparently just a step. Can we take a moment and appreciate that fact? That we are getting any update whatsoever? The game is old, it's golden times are long gone. From a business standpoint they don't owe us anything whatsoever, yet they are doing it anyways. And keep in mind that, once again, from a business standpoint, they gain nothing from this. They pay a classic team to work on old games but get no revenue from that because everyone already has the game.

What would you prefer: no update of any kind ever again.
    Or: slow updates and eventually a big one after awhile?

Or is the problem here that we aren't getting everything we could possibly ever want right here, right now?
    Why appreciate that something is happening with Warcraft at all (while it easily couldn't have been the case) when we can complain that it isn't coming in much larger quantities... immediately?

18. The_Silent

The_Silent

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Time to download the entire map section into a map! (Maybe not)

God, 125 is a lot, we can actually use those really HD models with HD textures for multiplayer maps now. Still has to pretty low poly though, since I doubt this fixes that bug where vertices fliest all over the screen if too many is on the screen.

This is especially good for rpgs, and maps that takes place in "non-medieval" settings, and therefore has to use a lot of custom imports.

Does this affect possible map sizes in any way? 1024 x 1024 maps would be hilarious, you could build, like entire mmos in that.

Anyway, woohoo!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  19. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Resources:
    over the year we managed to collect memory hack from scratch, getting into whole wc3, tons of new natives and stuff. having only asm-debugger. while there's pure C-code (unless stated wrong there is) with proper func, variable names, etc. surely they arent' obeyed to do anything, so I did not obey to pray onto them. yet it doesn't make sense for me. Im sure I could get into C from my aknowledge of web-programming and make it to now with bigger changes than that.

Surely, thanks for supporting that, guys, yet where's your actual net value? Like, there's 3 pages of pure BUGS, not even talking about new things.
    Nothing. Yet another year passed out. And some people so stubborn believing that something may return old players? trololo.

This game need breathing while there's players still. Few more years and only chinese ladder guyes will left over here

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  20. PrinceYaser

PrinceYaser

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    So, where we can download this patch??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.