• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III - Patch 1.27b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
This news post has been updated frequently due to live coverage of the patch. You will see replies in reaction to earlier statements.

Patch 127b update.PNG

Can't access the patch through Battle.net? You can download the patch here: Patching Classic Games

Despite Blizzard's patch notes not mentioning it
, we have confirmation that the 8mb multiplayer limit for maps has been removed on Battle.net, with the new limit being 128mb! Various Hive Workshop users have tested out maps over 8mb, including a specialized version Gaias Retalliation ORPG which is around 50mb. Map maker @Zwiebelchen succeeded to host and play that map online in Battle.net. Other map makers and testers reported the same.

What does this mean? This means one of the biggest limits of WC3 modding has been taken off. There is so much more map makers and other types of modders can do now! This makes room for more creativity, complexity, and higher quality content, along with more things to experience and improve in custom games online. The top RPGs can finally be expanded. Epic strategy maps can now have more room for upping the quality without sacrificing quantity. Horror, first person shooter, anime, Sci-Fi, and more types of maps can be taken to a whole another level. We can also see more hi-res imports from models, textures, etc.

There are also some World Editor and file changes (including bug fixes) reported by some users, and you can discuss some of the specifics in this thread or throughout the Patch Discussion forum. We'll hope to have some sort of list of the changes and bug fixes.

Here you can find our thread from may regarding our meeting with Blizzard about The Future of Warcraft. You can find the PDF document Blizzard seems to be following attached to the bottom of the mini-article's first post. We know there haven't been any melee / ladder changes, but those things plus more emphasized in the document we sent Blizzard.

UPDATE: Blizzard confirms everything! Added screenshot to the top. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996
Blizzard calls this a small patch, more to come in the future: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752465862#post-17

The older, announcement news for this patch is below.​

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752496109
Patch 127b.PNG
[/center]

Battle.net players could be experiencing some downtime today.

@Ralle and I are betting it's just a compatibility patch that continues off of 1.27a. This should not be the 'big patch' we are expecting with our talks with Blizzard. However, with any patch, we'll keep everyone updated with details on this thread if anything notable happens!

UPDATE1: Patch notes. So far, unspecified bug fixes and maintenance.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752625996

UPDATE2: There are reports that the Northrend (Europe) realm is down or bugged at the moment. Azeroth (US East) seems to work, though.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20752465862?page=1

UPDATE3: The Battle.net realms appear to be working now. Reported quick fix: Patch on a different server than Northrend, then Northrend should be able to work.

UPDATE4: Northrend is undergoing official maintenance / downtime.

UPDATE5: Maintenance appears to be over.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Explorer says the file is from 1980.
upload_2016-12-13_23-12-7.png

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I didn't notice this prior to patch:
upload_2016-12-14_0-1-45.png

That's from vanilla WE, NewGen WE looks like this:
upload_2016-12-14_0-2-23.png

There can only be one explanation to this: Warcraft 4 is confirmed.

--

I put the effort and patched down to a then back to b, was nothing like that glitchy button in a. I personally would like to see no changes in WE, I fear for vJASS.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

THAT BUTTON IS FUNCTIONAL!!

upload_2016-12-14_0-30-33.png

Nothing by pressing the button

upload_2016-12-14_0-30-40.png

Error window!

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

There's another glitchy control:
upload_2016-12-14_1-16-42.png

Toggling it disables/enables editor sounds.

Looks like they already "fixed"/destroyed memory hack
It's a very great change, finaly! But no, not really. It doesn't really change much for those guys.

The Preload exploit seems fixed
Yeh, in chat Zwiebelchen also told he experienced it.
It seems like they put all files into folder "CustomMapData" generated from PreloadGen() and don't allow absolute paths anymore.
All files extend also .pld now. ^^ ... but which can be changed just manualy.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So.. How much stuff will they break? :D
In the suggestion list "avoid breaking existing maps" was a top priority. I think that they've opened the list once or twice since that 8MB limit removal is there as well (right below it!). I have faith, at least.

Level 1
Editor seems to not be working at all for me (on windows 7). Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Level 8
The patch is almost 200MB, most of that are wav files for unit sounds. No idea why they are patching those. Anyway, as of this moment, the patches disappeared from public ftp but they are still up via bnet update.

Level 23
if preload is a gonner, they better give us some disk IO api before end of the year, or the RPG scene is a gonner for real

Edit: someone mentioned this fixed the memory exploit much faster than typecasting, you have to remember that fiddling with raw memory, including executing arbitrary code, is very very dangerous, and the memory library allowed very easy api to do so, the typecasting, while also theoretically allowing so, was much harder to work with/make it obey your command

Ok apparently I misunderstood how the preloading was changed, and I like the way they did it, saying no to absolute paths + appending .pld, good job on that Blizz, but the raw IO would be nice too :D

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Does anyone have specifics on what bugs are fixed?

And preload is not dead. It simply writes to WarCraft III/CustomMapData/YourFolder now.

That changelog was super weird though. I can't understand why Blizzard would write a one-liner instead of what they actually did.

Last edited by a moderator:
if preload is a gonner, they better give us some disk IO api before end of the year, or the RPG scene is a gonner for real

Edit: someone mentioned this fixed the memory exploit much faster than typecasting, you have to remember that fiddling with raw memory, including executing arbitrary code, is very very dangerous, and the memory library allowed very easy api to do so, the typecasting, while also theoretically allowing so, was much harder to work with/make it obey your command

Ok apparently I misunderstood how the preloading was changed, and I like the way they did it, saying no to absolute paths + appending .pld, good job on that Blizz, but the raw IO would be nice too :D

It'd be nice if they gave us the functions that are already there like changing attack range and attack type icon and attack/move speed limiters and faster then 522 move speed without a complex movement system as well mouse API and the ability to finally move trackables. Those would be just the starters that looks like is easily possible to do so.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

That button simply pops up 2 error messages at the bottom of the screen about missing files.

Based on the button name VALIDATE_MAP_TRIGGERS, looks like its going to be some syntax checker? It's totally bugged now anyways!

Level 7
Uploading an incomplete patch seems like a desesperate move. I mean, these new buttons with bugged texts and the weirds patchnotes.
Hopefully the patch would be completely bugfixed by the weekend and some WE functionalities added

Although i was pretty hyped up to make a cdr system on Warcraft with memory hack

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Actually wait he IS right. The button is functional. If you make a syntax error and press it, it runs a syntax check and pops up an error message. I suppose its nice to be able to do that without fully saving the map, but it will be totally useless for vjass users.

The sound checkbox is clearly something like "Enable sound for this map", but they forgot to upload the world editor string.

Status
Not open for further replies.