1. Choose the best Old Gods themed skin at the Texturing Contest #29 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Poll is up! Vote for the best competitive 1v1 map!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please help test custom maps and more on the latest PTR!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.30.9922 Hotfix

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by PurgeandFire, Aug 10, 2018.

1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 5.16.02 PM.jpg

Patch 1.30 Update

A quick fix has been pushed out to address the major issues with the 1.30 rollout!

Battle.net latency issues are fixed (they apparently went back to pre-1.28 levels). The -nativefullscr command line argument works again. And they've fixed an issue where custom abilities would crash if they had certain target fields selected.

Known issues: sounds will continue to be funky for a bit. It looks like mouse delay may still be there too, refer to this post to make a report.

Read the full list of changes here.

2. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One odd change I also noticed is that they changed the class name of the WC3 window. Previously it was `Warcraft III`, and now it is `OsWindow`. This isn't a huge change, but it broke a bunch of AutoHotkey scripts that my map used.
    Sounds get totally mucked up if you use the mute sounds feature while in-game (Ctrl-S), which I personally use all the time. After turning the sounds back on, the following may or may not happen:
    - Unit responses get turned on/off (even if they are off)
    - Ambient map sounds get turned on/off
    - Some spell/hit sounds become muted and don't play any more

While we're on the topic of sounds, it would be VERY helpful if they added an option to disable the default WC3 ambient >noise< that's heard when you open B.Net. It's extremely obnoxious and the only reason I mute the game at all, because it keeps playing even if you're tabbed out, and interferes with whatever music you have playing.

EDIT: Apparently, ticking off "Ambient sounds" in WC3 disables this noise, but I think it may also disable certain sounds in maps, though I'm not sure.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  3. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  4. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Internal build numbers. I like to think that Kam pushes a button that randomizes it and then they ship it.

5. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    The ping problem hasn't been fixed (I have an unstable ping of 120-200 in-game now, when in 1.29 I had 80-90).

And the sound still plays after minimizing the game.

Nice "fix".

6. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ Come on now, that was a hotfix, you didn't expect everything to work from that, did you?
    They broke their stuff before and got it back to working, so just a little patience is in order.

OT: They should add customizable inventory hotkeys soon, it's about time now!

7. Jouven

Jouven

Resources:
    Resources:
    It crashes A LOT. The new sound system, "works", when you disable and enable everything in the sound options. But the crashing is a big deal breaker, I played 4 games, 4 crashes.

Edit: map is EotA, /whois EotaJou in any of the official servers, you can dl the map from there.

8. Marshmalo

Marshmalo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry to say but crashing issue is still very prevalent. Perhaps it is linked to the sound problems? The game crashed for me just when there was a sound about to play via triggers, so maybe its linked to all the other issues we are having with sounds.

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is to say, interesting. I'm withholding 1.30 patch until this issue is truly fixed. Not gonna risk things for now, too many breakouts.

10. DarhKoopa

DarhKoopa

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have an issue in 1.30, that windowed fullscreen is automatically set to 1920x1080x16, I cannot change it, it should be detected as 1920x1080x32 instead. I still can change it to the correct thing, if I use -nativefullscr instead.

11. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Considering 1.30 was on PTR for so long, you'd think such issues would be solved before it went public, and won't need a hotfix that only partially fixes some things (all game sounds are still broken, etc.) a day later. Feels like they made many changes right before making it public, and then rushed the patch for some reason without testing them on the PTR. Do Blizzard actually play the game, or only rely on users?

+1

/edit
    As an addendum to the question whether Blizzard play the game, I have seen multiple streamers who are getting more and more tired of the "balance" changes (some make sense, so many don't...) and are getting discouraged from even playing ladder. :(

12. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think you are right
    we are the testers.

But why not? If it's for the better of the game, i'm happy to help.

13. Sir Moriarty

Sir Moriarty

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Another interesting thing I found...
    You can now launch multiple WC3 instances without a hassle! No need for any weird loaders or virtual machines.

Unfortunately, this is severely limited because it doesn't allow you to connect to LAN with more than one instance, which makes it virtually useless for testing maps. Whoops.
    @Kam, could you guys look into this and see if you can get LAN to work with multiple game instances? This would help immensely with testing desyncs and other multiplayer stuff.

14. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So just out of curiosity, are any gameplay errors that occur to this patch attached to the editor itself? As in, is it not worth saving any campaign on this patch because the errors will stick to the editor, or is it only gameplay (so can save a campaign on 130XX and any issues will just resolve themselves.

15. chusrubi2

chusrubi2

Resources:
    Resources:
    I simply cannot play. Mouse lag is too huge and opengl is not working anymore.

Seriously, even with mouse lag in 1.29, the rest was OK. Was there a reason of urgency to release this new patch instead of keep it testing in PTR?

I mean, we really love the new changes and improvements but there's no need to hurry onto releasing new patches that have not been tested fully. And come on, it's not the first time this is happening since the new wave of patches... We all thought it was already addressed this releasing issue...

I'm wondering if this has something to do with "Warden" being back.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  16. Barade

Barade

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Please readd the possibility to use a custom War3Mod.mpq. It has been a useful feature for multiplayer modifications. Besides, removing the archives war3.mpq and war3.mpq etc. makes it harder/impossible for us to extract existing files. At the moment I can only see two big files called "data.000" and "data.001" in the directory "Warcraft III/Data/data". You are breaking compatibility to modifications which rely on modifying those archives as well as other tools. MPQ extractors are useless now.

17. Frotty

Frotty

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Wurst:
    Resources:
    New issue since 1.30:
    The sound option "Unit Responses" isn't properly saved. In the menu it's still deactivated, but after every restart the sounds are back.
    If I reactivate and then deactivate them, it's silent again, but only till next restart.

@Barade Blizz hasn't shown any concern so far about breaking community tools - I doubt they will revert the move to casc.

18. Tasyen

Tasyen

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One can now use a default folder named "War3Mod.mpq" placed inside warcraft 3 for the same purpose.

19. HB.

HB.

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have a stable ping 273 in-game now. It got even worse after the "fix". Before the patch it was 80. Completely unplayable.

It feels worse than in 2016.

20. A]mun

A]mun

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's actually huge... in a bad way.