• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Hotfixes – Updated August 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61

Warcraft III: Reforged Hotfixes – Updated August 30

Blizzard said:

With a bundle of hotfixes that were applied moments ago:

• Fixed an issue where the Campaign Manager could crash the game.
  • Fixed a crash caused by setting the field of an ability using BlzSetAbility*Field and then removing that ability from a unit.
  • Fixed an issue with ranks being incorrectly formatted for three-digit numbers.
  • Ping in custom games which cannot be correctly retrieved should no longer be displayed as “?”.
  • Fixed a server performance issue.

Blizzard said:

August 19, 2022 – 10:45 a.m. PDT

We’ve just applied hotfixes to the game to address the following issues:

• Fixed an issue preventing LAN functionality.
  • Fixed an bug that prevented AT players from matching against RT players.

Hang in there! Hopefully this is just the first hotfix in a long list of things that needs fixing. Please keep on reporting any bugs or issues you find! Post your bug reports here!

Last edited:
Level 4
I hadn't opened my Launcher since Sunday. But don't know what the hell they did with this 1.33 patch. I think it's not just me, but everything is crashing too much, the Main Menu has always been very buggy and heavy, but now even to change a Zoom in Options it's full of Lag, playing this's impossible. In "WE" itself we find very low FPS rates. What is happening? Will they fix this insanely heavy and buggy patch...
I missed something, do I have to change something? But what madness did they do to my poor and so battered Wc3...

Ps. Another thing I noticed. In no way is it possible to use WE and Open Game simultaneously, this is bad for modders, in the past, we minimized the WE screen and opened the game naturally, today the entire computer crashes if both are open, we are forced to close WE or the Game, because the FPS rates drop absurdly. I think they changed the way the game is processed in the system, but for the worse...

Last edited:
Level 14
This may help Lua users: I've identified these 1.32-safe functions in my project that crash the editor in 1.33 (and have submitted it as a bug report here).

Lua:
function trim(str)
  return string.gsub(str, "%s+", "")
end

function split(str, sep)
    sep = sep or "%s"
    local t = {}
    for field, s in string.gmatch(str, "([^" .. sep .. "]*)(" .. sep .. "?)") do
        table.insert(t, field)
        if s == "" then
            return t
        end
    end
end

I'd say it's gsub and gmatch exclusively, but this function saved without issue:

Lua:
function commaformat(amount)
  local formatted = tostring(amount)
  local k
  while true do 
    formatted, k = string.gsub(formatted, "^(-?%d+)(%d%d%d)", '%1,%2')
    if (k==0) then
      break
    end
  end
  return formatted
end

:goblin_cry:

Level 25
My game crashes on launching now after updating it. Scanning and repairing does not help either. In the settings I only see the command argument "-assert". Removing it does not help. My Warcraft Reforged is installed on an external disk and started in window mode. Btw. I can still choose a region. Is this for melee games only?
The World Editor still works and yes the borderless icons are weird.
Loading a custom map: Doodads etc. seem to load faster but triggers and generating object variables slower. The loading bar is green now. Why?
After loading the map it says something with a missing field "netsafe" in UI/SkinMetaData.slk and DoodadMetaData.slk and invalid tileset Z.
I had to enable JassHelper like others after loading the map.
The checkboxes/GUI look a bit different now.

edit:
Uninstalling Quenching Mod fixed the crash :/ How to play custom campaigns now?

Last edited:
Level 23
edit:
Uninstalling Quenching Mod fixed the crash :/ How to play custom campaigns now?

It is very simple to use tool, strongly recommend it for playing custom campaigns.

Level 14
Correct - this hotfix did not address that particular issue.

It seems it changed something redarding this issue however because after installing the hotfix I now have some results recorded in my profile. I even have some wins recorded with races I don't play. So either that is a bug or they somehow (partially?) also count very old matches.

However new matches still trigger the error. Maybe its also just that their database is very slow and matches do get recorded despite the error message saying something different.

Level 24
It seems it changed something redarding this issue however because after installing the hotfix I now have some results recorded in my profile. I even have some wins recorded with races I don't play. So either that is a bug or they somehow (partially?) also count very old matches.

However new matches still trigger the error. Maybe its also just that their database is very slow and matches do get recorded despite the error message saying something different.
They probably did something, I agree.
For me I played so far 3 games in total, 2 shortly after launch (so pre-hotfix) which showed up some hours or so later, and then a third game yesterday which still hasn't shown up at all (last I checked anyway)

Level 12
+ Variables columns keep resetting their width every time we open it now. This is annoying as I have to resize it every time to see the name of the variables.

full

+ New variables don't sort themselves automatically after creation, when choosing the variables in triggers, not until you open the map again.

+ Another minor thing, expanding and closing trigger folder are not instant like before. There's a delay in between.

Level 20
This may help Lua users: I've identified these 1.32-safe functions in my project that crash the editor in 1.33 (and have submitted it as a bug report here).

Lua:
function trim(str)
  return string.gsub(str, "%s+", "")
end
The % character is crashing WE under certain circumstances, especially when using the s character afterwards. This is true even inside comments (yes you heard right) and has been true for patch 1.32.X as well.
Sounds like this issue has grown bigger with 1.33 considering your particular code hasn't crashed before.

Anyway, the solution is not to use the % character.
Instead, use \x25.

Lua:
--This is safe:
function trim(str)
  return string.gsub(str, "\x25s+", "")
end

Same goes for the modulo operator. Don't use x %% y. Safe version is ModuloReal(x,y).

Although that doesn't yet work for campaigns with transitions?
Which are very few (Legacy of Lordaeron, Return of the Dragon, Hoof of Honor are the only ones that come to mind). And it will never work because transitions are disabled in Reforged. Only Blizzard could re-enable this feature. But for every other campaign, this isn't much of an issue. My tool even adds a message after victory which tells the player what map to play next

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Updated first post.

Blizzard said:

With a bundle of hotfixes that were applied moments ago:

• Fixed an issue where the Campaign Manager could crash the game.
  • Fixed a crash caused by setting the field of an ability using BlzSetAbility*Field and then removing that ability from a unit.
  • Fixed an issue with ranks being incorrectly formatted for three-digit numbers.
  • Ping in custom games which cannot be correctly retrieved should no longer be displayed as “?”.
  • Fixed a server performance issue.

Level 3
Custom maps no longer open will fix it? or is it that this is what warcraft will already be? my maps opened well before this update what happened?

Level 7
Its been passed almost two months, does anyone found the solution to deal WE crash when loading doodads or units, it only happened after 1.33 patch released.It can be openable on a PC that never install reforged,but whatever i delete or reinstall reforged in my cuurently PC, it still not work.
PS:my map work with 1.27 wc3, its the world edior i was using, theoretically it shouldn't be affect by 1.33

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not sure if it's known or if it was mentioned (didn't find it to be) but you can load a saved game by loading it a second time, after the first time when the cursor disappears, just move the mouse slowly to be able to click the load buttons again.

Status
Not open for further replies.