• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Hotfixes – Updated March 21

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
hotfixesmarch21-png.428348

Blizzard said:

With live hotfixes today, we’ve made several updates to the game, in addition to bugfixes.

Ranked Play​

• Seasons have been reduced from 12 months to 6 months.
  • MMR no longer displays in the loading screen for FFA Matches.
  • User Interface: Added headers to game modes.

Leaderboards​

• We’ve updated the backend services to prevent incorrect results being displayed. Players that have unexpected data displayed must complete a new game for the system to pick up the good data.

Player Profiles​

• Added support for all seasons and multiple-season history.
  • Added additional functionality to AT match history which will allow players to access more information.

Balance​

• Blademaster mirror image damage increased from 15% to 20%.
  • Blademaster mirror image XP is now capped at 30.
  • Immolation damage reduced from 8/12/18 to 7/12/18 (DPS: 14/24/36).
  • Immolation mana drain increased from 6 to 7.
  • Immolation activation cost reduced from 20 to 1.
  • Immolation buffer mana reduced from 10 to 9.
  • Anti-Magic Shell increased from 300 to 420 (increases number of dispels to remove from 2 to 3).

Bugfixes​

• Fixed an issue where Destroyer’s dispel magic was not removing anti-magic shell.
  • Fixed an issue where workers would still have a repair rate reduction from liquid fire even after the debuff duration expired.
  • Fixed an issue where players cannot progress past act 2 on “The Founding of Durotar” campaign on Reforged mode.
  • Various maps in the map pool have been updated to the latest version.
  • Fixed an issue where “!stats” would show player names in FFA.
  • Fixed an issue where a player gets a loss instead of a win in ranked play.
  • Fixed an issue where the leaderboard does not update appropriately for RT.
  • Fixed an issue where a user who has accounts in multiple regions would show the incorrect amounts of wins and losses in the leaderboard.
  • Fixed an issue where placement matches would not record.
  • Fixed an issue where games would fail to process with an early leaver.
  • Fixed an issue where games would fail to process with AT vs RT with an early leaver.
  • Fixed an issue where 4v4 match history would show misaligned names.
  • Fixed an issue where the 2nd place FFA winner would still lose MMR and 4th place would gain MMR.
  • Fixed an issue where match history details were inaccurate.
  • Fixed an issue where Custom Campaign UI would sometimes remain on your screen in other game modes.
  • Fixed an issue where loading screen text would be misaligned.
  • Fixed a crash that happens when you exit a map with no description.
  • Fixed an issue where Player Profile Match History AT Filter not showing the correct info about your matches, or not showing you all of your matches.
  • Fixed an issue where the Versus Ranked Stats Widget displayed the incorrect information.
  • Added localization for text “Press Tab”.
  • Fixed an issue where map information missing from the player profile.
  • Fixed an issue where players were getting ranked after playing only 3 matches instead of 5.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It's a bunch of hotfixes, for f's sake. Don't expect miraculous changes and new features.
I am a bit out of touch but didn't they announce the custom campaigns recently?
What, no major reality warping changes each month :pcry: ??
Yes they should not have removed it to begin with and taken whatever extra time needed to make that work on launch but all the same it was work put in to add something good.

Level 9
It's a bunch of hotfixes, for f's sake. Don't expect miraculous changes and new features.
+1 on not expecting big changes from hotfixes. In general the term means fixing bugs and getting them out faster than a full release cycle so that people don't have to deal with them for as long as a duration.
I am a bit out of touch but didn't they announce the custom campaigns recently?
What, no major reality warping changes each month :pcry: ??
Yes they should not have removed it to begin with and taken whatever extra time needed to make that work on launch but all the same it was work put in to add something good.
1. I'm not expecting anything from them anymore; I'm just stating facts.
2. At this point in time it doesn't matter what they announce, cause they had plenty of time to make things right.
3. Aside from hotfixes they still keep breaking balance!
4. Evilhog, if you censoring your own swearing, then I suggest that you either don't swear or stop censoring it, cause it makes no sense whatsoever.
5. My judgement is tough, but fair. Besides it's half serious. I wrote it in funny way. Guess you guys don't catch my sense of humor.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I can only speak for myself but I didn't reply to you specifically. There are a couple of others with the same sentiment.

Again, not you specifically.. it does not matter what they do at this point - as you say.
A large chunk of the community has decided that everything that comes out is bad or not good enough. I am only half joking when I say that if they announced that they will have VR support, introduce VS code integration in the editor and enable RTX, new 4k textures and upscaling GPU options you guys would still spit at them for removing custom campaigns with reforged.

Move on.

edit: not sure if they currently have 4k textures or not, either way it's just a funny(TM) example

Last edited:
Level 9
I can only speak for myself but I didn't reply to you specifically. There are a couple of others with the same sentiment.

Again, not you specifically.. it does not matter what they do at this point - as you say.
A large chunk of the community has decided that everything that comes out is bad or not good enough. I am only half joking when I say that if they announced that they will have VR support, introduce VS code integration in the editor and enable RTX, new 4k textures and upscaling GPU options you guys would still spit at them for removing custom campaigns with reforged.

Move on.
1. I don't say that you did reply to me specifically, but still at some percentage, that's why I also quoted your post.
2. As for major reality warping changes, your irony is misplaced. I got your half joke here, but the rest is serious.
3. As for removing custom campaigns, you're wrong that everybody would spit at them. It was least thing which bothered me, since you can break custom campaign into separate maps and play them via custom games. I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure some part of "nay sayers" would agree with me.
4. As for large chunk of the community you mentioned, it's not like we decided that EVERYTHING that comes out is bad (mostly is) or not good enough. It's just not enough. See the difference?
5. Since I'm not expecting anything from them anymore, it means that I had move on. It doesn't mean I can't share my thoughts.

P.S. I was pleased when they returned custom campaigns back, though I was still pissed for constant balance breaking.

Last edited:
Level 8
Please fix the behavior by hovering over a frame. the mouse is going on and of while hovering over a frame, its over half a year now and this huge bug is still not fixed. destroys my whole hero selection!

Level 5
Mirror image xp fix is more than welcome, keeps it in line with other attacking summons. I still think that the original 25% damage was the sweetspot, the spell is clearly not overperforming at the moment by any stretch.

I strongly disagree with the revertion of anti-magic shell. Three dispells for a 75 mana spell doesn't seem very fair and balanced.

Level 3
Please fix the behavior by hovering over a frame. the mouse is going on and of while hovering over a frame, its over half a year now and this huge bug is still not fixed. destroys my whole hero selection!
Oh my god, I thought I was going insane trying to figure out what was causing my UI to do that. It turns out it was Blizzard the whole time!

Level 11
Well, the deal is done, and there is nothing else sony can do.

Now hive and the war 3 community needs to bother phil so War 3 gets a proper lead and team