1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hotfix Update - August 12, 2020

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Mythic, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Reforged HD Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    HOTFIX UPDATE - AUGUST 12, 2O2O

Blizzard said: blizzarrow.gif

August 12, 2020

We’ve just deployed hotfixes to address the following issues in version 1.32.8 of Warcraft III: Reforged –
    • Fixed an issue with player slots not being displayed properly in loading screens and match results.
    • Fixed an issue with the Reforged Scroll of Protection spell effect.
    These fixes will be automatically patched by the Blizzard Battle.net Desktop App.

2. AIfred

AIfred

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fixing a Player slot problem could lead issues to save/load systems..

3. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    yay quick patches, just like they promised when moving to CASC years ago!

4. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    I don't want to create more Flame, but because Blizzard hasn't improved the editor yet. They have already broken support for JNPG and various systems, and Lua is not sure whether or not it will be compatible with new patches in the future, as happened with vjass.

How long will it take to fix all these issues, apart from the old editor that used to work fine on low-resource PCs, but the current editor has lag spikes despite having a well-capable PC?

It is true.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What's your point here, that they should not fix it?

6. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For me the WE runs better now than it has in near two decades of usage. Maybe I'm an anomaly, is the consensus that the WE is actually slower?

7. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The editor as a whole as well as the Test Map process runs incredibly slow now, whereas a year or two ago the thing was lightning fast (in comparison).

Framerates are also less than half of what they were before, ever since the Lua patch.

Not to mention the nearly 30GB of wasted assets that I don't even use because I don't use Reforged, but are required to occupy my PC because of "reasons".

8. Linaze

Linaze

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Interesting. I will concede that testing is probably a bit slower for me as well (although not benchmarked) but operating the WE is noticeably faster (for me). Framerates in-game might be lower (again, haven't benchmakred) - in any case as far as classic graphics go it most certainly does not dip below 120-something which for me is perfectly fine.

I keep hearing this rant about 30GB of wasted assets which while annoying I really don't see as a major issue unless you're stuck on a 128GB SSD or something similar.

9. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I bought a "minimum specs to run WarCraft III" laptop for a hundred euros a couple years ago, and yes it has a 64GB SSD inside. It actually was pretty damn fast and could run War3 at 60FPS easily at max settings across the board, but since Reforged I have to keep the settings all set to Low (not that it matters to me what the game looks like when I'm just using it to test code).

10. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have not experienced any noticeable drops in any performance personally.
    But I also am a lot over the minimum specs so probably why.

11. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have a 500GB hdd in my laptop. So that's 6% of my entire storage capacity that serves no purpose at all.

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The problem with test map is that the game is so slow to start now. It has nothing to do with the editor and all to do with the general performance of Reforged being abyssmal.

To me, the worst part of reforged is still the ridicolously amateurish game menu. Something like this is an embarassment for a multi-million dollar company.

13. AIfred

AIfred

Resources:
    Resources:
    They could've atleast told us about it before releasing it on the Patch and making Auto-Update.

14. Bribe

Bribe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's what hotfixes are for: they didn't know about it until after it launched. I'd rather have hotfixes than a broken game until the company waits for the approval of a big patch.

15. looking_for_help

looking_for_help

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    What I think is strange/interesting is that the new models still appear in the world editor when placing units.

So although I don't even have reforged, all units/buldings/etc are in reforged graphics in the WE. Only when I actually start the map, the graphic switches back to classic.

While this somehow explains technically why the extra 30 Gb are needed, it doesn't really make sense from a programming/game design point of view. I would definitely prefer to see units in classic graphics all the time when using classic, especially if this would safe 30 Gb of space.

16. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can change that in the WE settings though. But it should be SD by default in non-Reforged.

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Glad all the time they took updating the back-end to allow for these kind of hotfixes worked. : )

18. pr114

pr114

Resources:
    Resources:
    Test Map may be so much slower because it now attempts to first connect to the server (showing the lion gate on screen) before loading the map.

I have tried using Test Map with disabled internet, and then it throws an error after the Lion's Gate sequence, after which I'm presented with an 'Offline' button that immediately fires map loading.

19. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hell, how else would they show you the skins on units? Killer feature noone wanted but deserved.