• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo II Patch 1.13D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Patch 1.13d
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Features

- Ignoring players is now saved between sessions of the game. All ignores are now
  written out to disk (file: 'ignorelist'). This feature can be toggled by issuing
  the command '/ignorepersist'.
- Users can now filter messages based on content by issuing the command
  '/filtermsg <content>'. To unfilter content issue the command
  '/unfiltermsg <content>'. (The maximum length of a filter pattern is 128
  characters)
- Users can now set their home channel by issuing a new Battle.net chat command
  '/home <channel name>' while in the Battle.net chat interface.
- Users can return to their home channel at any time by issuing the command '/home'
  while in the Battle.net chat interface.

Major Bugs

- Fixed a known dupe method.
- Fixed another issue where players were able to stack auras in an unintended way.

Minor Bugs

- Fixed a bug where Mercenaries wouldn't have multiple auras active when they
  should have.
- Fixed an issue where players could create games prefixed with color codes.
- Potentially fixed an issue where players would be disconnected when watching the
  cinematics when in a Battle.net game.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash when running in windowed mode with
  sound disabled and the game tried to play a cinematic.

Battle.net Chat Reminder

Battle.net provides a number of ways to manage in-game spam and communication from
other players. Some of these commands are:

/options ignorepublic (/o igpub)
  - Ignores messages in public chat channels from anyone who isn't on your
    friends list.

/options unignorepublic (/o uigpub)
  - Reallows messages in public chat channels from anyone who isn't in your
    friends list.

/options ignoreprivate (/o igpriv)
  - While in private chat channels you will not receive messages from anyone who
    isn't in your friends list.

/options unignoreprivate (/o uigpriv)
  - Re-allows messages in private chat channels from anyone who isn't in your
    friends list.

/options ignorewhispers (/o igw)
  - Ignore whispers from anyone who isn't in your friends list.

/options unignorewhispers (/o unigw)
  - Reallows whispers from all users.

Level 5
I still play D2 too, with modified mod such as Median XL and Hell Unleashed.

I'm impressive that the game still updated.

Level 34
Definitely don't see the point in this. Just get your damn game to release instead of patching the old one.

I can see how people would play Diablo II for sentimental value or something, but games like Titan Quest and Torchlight (from what I hear) have vastly improved upon D2.

Also random bone to pick, Blizzard charges like $50 for a D2 battle chest. That's retarded. I sure love Blizzard games, but I'm not a fan of the company.

It is general Blizzard news seeing how we are trying to appear as a general Blizzard fan site.

Mostly modding and thus that many starcraft 2 tournament news posts can get tiresome, something fresh for modders would be nice :/ Like a map spotlight, like the news posts Rui used to make. The news posts being made these days are basically news posts cnped from the official blizzard website.

Level 22
The posts about starcraft II are not modding posts.
And go ahead, make a thread.
I don't care at all because nobody does.

Because SC2 haters aka THW War3 noobs who started War3 7-9 years after the game was released/people who are unwilling to try a little harder yet accessible editor, have to get over it that SC2 is a new game, the new War3, there will be no War4 AT ALL (judging by the leaked Blizz schedule, SO DREAM ON), and there is a lot more worth to post than an old game like D2? There is nothing wrong with posting such info but definitely reasonable to not be posted as well...

Level 22
Definitely don't see the point in this. Just get your damn game to release instead of patching the old one.

I can see how people would play Diablo II for sentimental value or something, but games like Titan Quest and Torchlight (from what I hear) have vastly improved upon D2.

Also random bone to pick, Blizzard charges like $50 for a D2 battle chest. That's retarded. I sure love Blizzard games, but I'm not a fan of the company.

Yes, the fact that they will charge us multiple times for SC2 bites at me, and soon for maps. They are greedy monopolizing bastards.

Level 22
Although I mostly agree with you, you can't really monopolize your own games. It's sort of automatic.

I meant their new ploy with the maps to make you pay money for them, causing you to purposely avoid the good maps. and their stern registeration process, it's as bad as Steam's. It makes it too hard to enjoy your game, it becomes like your under the brainwash of a totalitarian empire, lol.

Level 16
Actually i was thinking about writing a article for hive about this, but i guess i just tell the story here.

Some days ago i had a inteview with a game master in world of warcraft. I asked him about some help with my account and aswell as why they had made pandas for the new expansion, and he answered that the pandas was actually supposed to be the second expansion, and after i asked about the existince of Warcraft 4. He said that it have clearly been stated that Warcraft 4 will NEVER exist.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
WarCraft 4 will probably come, just their RTS team is currently fully loaded with SC2. You might find WC4 as soon as 2 years after the release of LotV if blizzard decides to upgrade the SC2 engine instead of making an entirely new engine (which I doubt will be worth the effort).

Asking a GM in WoW about something like WC4 is like asking yourself, they frankly are not in a position to give you a reliable answer.

I do not see blizzard spending 6 years to make a brand new RTS engine just for WC4, but I do see blizzard making a WC4 campaign for the SC2 engine (with enhancements like new graphics).

Level 22
Really? Because what I caught around the forums is that they had let slip that the Warcraft 4 campaigns would be in the same style as those of StarCraft II.

I would prefer to believe the leaked schedule that reads nowhere 'war4' than a forum rumor, at least a little more credible when nothing else exists to suggest there will be war4.

War4 haha it took Blizz 3 years to release SC2 after having been announced in 2007. That means if it is revealed in say 2 years Blizzcon, expect another 3, so those fanboys will have a long wait if they really want to wait war4, but really it is such a bad rumor to believe it even exists...

Also you shouldn't blame Blizzard, they are giving the opportunity people to earn money from it, so blame them if they decided to put some prize on their maps. Blizzard also gain some % from the map but they would not get anything if the map were free.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
War4 haha it took Blizz 3 years to release SC2 after having been announced in 2007. That means if it is revealed in say 2 years Blizzcon, expect another 3, so those fanboys will have a long wait if they really want to wait war4, but really it is such a bad rumor to believe it even exists...
There is a difference between making a new game and improving an existing game. They could use an improved SC2 engine which would save years of work and technically make it even considerable as an expansion to SC2.

Level 14
I would prefer to believe the leaked schedule that reads nowhere 'war4' than a forum rumor, at least a little more credible when nothing else exists to suggest there will be war4.

Also you shouldn't blame Blizzard, they are giving the opportunity people to earn money from it, so blame them if they decided to put some prize on their maps. Blizzard also gain some % from the map but they would not get anything if the map were free.

Actually as I recently pondered about Wc4, I think Blizzard would be interested in moving all it's players from B.net to B.net 2.0... and although WoW is considered the continuation of the Warcraft franchise, Blizzard could do a separate game using an improved SC2 engine just to get Warcraft (as an RTS) on the new B.net 2.0 platform.

Or maybe even use the same Starcraft engine and Warcraft 4 could be some kind of mod but it would somehow tied to SC2. The point of this mod would be that you could play a singleplayer campaign, have achievements, have some kind of multiplayer with a ladder but maybe not as fancy as the SC2 one and have the same Custom Game platform. So both the SC2 and WC4 players could meet up in the same custom game (not sure if technology currently permits it though). So like the custom map communities wouldn't be as devided.

But, at the end of the day the goal for Blizzard would be just to have as many as possible (if not everyone) transition from B.net to B.net 2.0 platform.

Level 22
Still it's funny some expect this to happen any time soon when AT LEAST 3-4 years will pass. Making new units, new campaign, new cinematic, new models, new things to run it in Bnet 2.0. What would be only saved from having to do would be another 1 year or less from bringing all on a new engine if such were already chosen.

If it were made it'd better be a 1:1 copy of war3's gameplay, micro game, same speed, same map sizes. Either way it's silly to wait for a game that's not even announced or anything more than a rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.