• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II - Patch 1.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new version of StarCraft II has been released!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.3.3

To get the latest news and interact with the community, visit our StarCraft II website. Be sure to check out our Game Guide for an in-depth look at StarCraft II gameplay. We wish you all the best on your journeys through the embattled Koprulu Sector!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.3.3
General

• The default hotkey to toggle in-game music on/off has been reverted to its hotkey prior to Patch 1.3.0. The hotkey to display APM in the observer stat panel has been changed as a result.
Balance

• PROTOSS
    • Archon
      • Now a Massive unit.
      • Range increased from 2 to 3.
    • Cybernetics Core
      • Research Warp Gate research time increased from 140 to 160.
    • Gateway
      • Sentry train time decreased from 42 to 37.
      • Warp Gate unit train times remain unchanged.
    • Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.
    TERRAN

• Bunker
      • Salvage resource return reduced from 100% to 75%.
    • Ghost
      • Cost changed from 150/150 to 200/100.
    • Thor
      • Thor now has 200 max energy, and starts with 50 energy.
      • 250mm Strike Cannons now cost 150 energy to use (cooldown removed).
    ZERG

• Infestor
      • Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.
    • Spore Crawler
      • Root time decreased from 12 to 6.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Ghosts could not quickly EMP the same location.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed players to stack air units when issuing a queued stop command before the units reached the end of their patrol point.
  • Fixed an issue where unplugging your USB headset while another player was talking to you could cause a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where the APM statistic could be artificially increased.
  • Fixed an issue where 3D unit portraits were not animating smoothly at slow game speeds.
  • Fixed an issue where, when viewing a replay, no text message was displayed when a player left a game.
  • The Taiwanese hotkey to display/hide the game UI while in Observer mode now works correctly.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The massive classification on Archons should prevent them from being lifted by Phoenixes, but weren't they non-target-able already?
Pylon power radius and the Bunker were okay, in my opinion. Bunkers are not very useful late game (I'd risk saying they're useless then), might as well not make reasons not to use them early game, but 75% is not so bad.
Was about time they reduced crawler root time, I mean, ZvZ might need it, but it's kind of ridiculous how they become useless if they're not in range.

Level 22
Rather old news but fine. While this prevents 4gate, i kinda love TvP very even games. I wouldnt like if this faster build time of the most used P units ruin the MU by some who cant play macro and abuse start playing no expand just pumping units. Good EMP casting bug fix - I experienced it which made me use it 4 times at one place.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.
This could mess up insane coop cannon rush quite badly. Less range would mean worse cannon beach heads.

Archons are now a massive unit.
Both a buff and nerf.
+ Archons now break force fields by walking through them
+ Archons can not be targeted by gravitron beam

- Archons now "should" take extra damage from void rays (depends if they add the voidray damage boost behaviour to them)

Salvage resource return reduced from 100% to 75%.
I like the 100% return as it felt fair, but maybe it was not considering no other race can undo a construction without losing some resources. Also should not affect bunker rushes in coop as you do not need to sell them often.

Zealot train time decreased from 38 to 33.
This will make the one rush achievement slightly easier for new people.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, for a unit that costs at the very least 250 gas (300 for HT merge), the Archon is ridiculous; it can be stunned or slowed and kited to death, and the damage it deals is not so significant, the AoE being nearly unnoticeable. So they should definitely receive some buff.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Archon is great against light units like lings as they are small enough its splash hurts. Mutalisks also get hit by them if you are not careful. Zealots probably will also fall badly to them. Problem though is marines pawn them out of them and ghosts can hit their shields hard. 2 templars will nearly always be more useful as they can at the very least cast psyonic storm on marines which hurts like crazy.

Level 22
I'm glad they removed the sentry/zealot/stalker build time decrease and changed it with this. Although I think Protoss is a little stronger at late game, the faster build of the most spammed units was going to be way abuseable in TvP not to say ZvP games.

Last edited:
Level 22
Some protoss decide to not expand early and go all in with stalkers and sentry and some immortals. Considering the time increase on stimpack it was going to be an issue, so far you can still get owned especially by 4gate which includes not only zealots... but with the initial patch changes it was going to be imba.

Level 40
Some protoss decide to not expand early and go all in with stalkers and sentry and some immortals. Considering the time increase on stimpack it was going to be an issue, so far you can still get owned especially by 4gate which includes not only zealots... but with the initial patch changes it was going to be imba.
A bit late, but in case you didn't know the build time changes only affected gateways (not warpgates).

Level 22
Yes, I didn't pay attention it is only the build time on gateways not warps. It's not like I complain about it, TvP seems fine for me unlike TvZ where if banelings arent that scary anymore tehre you go 2-3 fungal growths and 10-20 marines can die the same second.

Status
Not open for further replies.